Calls 9/28 from MyChild

This topic has 72 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Christine.

• Author
       Cristen
      Participant

Hey all, a lot of us just received some creepy robotic calls stating that MyChild (presumably) has corrupted all data from their enemy concerning The One. If you called the number back you got a recording.

“this number is not important, our message however was. there are no shadows left to hide in.”

We are thinking the voice on the voicemail recording specifically was Stacey. I posted audio in Slack if anyone wants to confirm or deny that. And if someone has a cleaner transcript of the call itself, have at.

oh and also WHAT does this all mean for us?

Kurt Lohse
      Participant

I just received the call as well. Caught me off guard and I wasn’t able to receive the whole message. Can’t get a re-
      play, so hoping others can post more details.

Melissa
      Participant
       Russell
      Participant

I received this call, as well. I was outside when I got it, so it was a bit hard to hear.

This is not exact, but the message did include content along the lines of…

“Congratulations… The One… is no longer… The One… chosen as… greatest vulnerability… All data concerning The One has been corrupted…”

I HOPE someone has this recorded and can provide a more exact reveal of the content!

EDIT – thanks @mkarrett for grabbing and sharing that audio file!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Hat tip to @daela, @theladyj, and @mkarrett. Seems like the call was:

“Congratulations. The One is no longer valid. The BOS decided The One was our enemy’s greatest vulnerability. We infiltrated and compromised any and all information regarding The One. All data has been corrupted and will destroy The One. Congratulations.”

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Bryan Bishop. Reason: better transcrip
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Bryan Bishop. Reason: update with BOS addition
       Mike
      Participant

If there are no shadows left to hide in, maybe the shadows are hiding in them.

The call reminded me of some calls that happened last year. At the time, we think they were from Gatekeeper 5.

Jackie
      Participant

I literally hung up on my friend, mid conversation, to take the weird (unblocked?) phonecall, from a 424 area code.
      In slack, the message is a bit, hard to understand so we have some bits, and thoughts about bits:

“congratulations, the one is no longer valid, you decided the one was our enemies greatest vulnerability. We compromised all data regarding the one. —noise noise-noise*” “Sounded like someone saying Hello”…””We infiltrated and compromised” “any and all info(?)”” “any and all information regarding the one”” “I think it ends with “…is no longer valid. Congratulations.”

If anyone else can come up with a better transcribe, please do.
      Also, people were trying to find a pattern. I myself voted to do nothing in my MyChild poll, had recently expressed disappointment in BOS, and had a very strong, negative reaction to the Mason Shenanigans. But it looks like our chickens have come to roost. The One is destroyed.

Melissa
      Participant
       Cristen
      Participant

Find a link to the audio from the callback number HERE

Mike
      Participant

This is reaching, I know, but…I almost feel that by repeating this message, we’re planting Jedi Mind Trick type things into our heads subconsciously. “The One is no longer”. Remember those early phone calls where they were able to get our security question answers?

Remember, we are, and always will be The One. Don’t let anyone tell us we’re not. We’re not going anywhere and we can’t be destroyed.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

So who didn’t get the call? I think @chelsea and @bruinbown were left out. Anyone else? And is there some meaning there?

Blondie
        Participant

I didn’t. But then I wouldn’t expect to MyChild to make international calls 🙂

Chelsea
        Participant

Yup. Kyle and I did not. Neither did @macbethinabathtub.

Violet
        Participant

I also didn’t get a call (and have yet to figure out nested replies but I am useless at techie things).

Maranda
        Participant

I also didn’t get the call, but I’m overseas so that’s probably why. (Also, if I’m remembering correctly, the only person who has my number is Stacey.)

This was mentioned on the Slack earlier, but if all our data was corrupted, why are our phone numbers being retained? SUS.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Interesting point, @mike.

Another interesting point, that might tie into that and larger community concerns:

The One was always the community. Our greatest collective strength. In The BOS’s lust for vengeance against OSDM, actions were taken that divided us against each other — and now, if this recording is to be believed, BOS actually destroyed The One / the community.

Kinda glad I abstained from that vote. Best intentions, etc etc.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Bryan Bishop. Reason: updated with BOS details
       Kevin
      Participant

@mike @bcbishop On one hand, maybe The One has been destroyed, but that was something thought up by OSDM. If The One is really no more, we, the whole community, can choose how to move forward and pick our own designation.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@kevin Perhaps. Or maybe it’s a meta-message that picking sides was never the point, and we were self-destructive when we should have been constructive.

What was that one leaked email, about how much we could do if we stopped bickering with each other?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Bryan Bishop.
       Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop

were self-destructive when we should have been constructive

I think you just nailed it

Lauren Bello

I’m actually not convinced that the voice is saying “valid”. This was my best shot at interpreting:

“Congratulations, The One is no longer [valid?]. [garbled] The BOS decided that The One was our enemy’s greatest vulnerability. We infiltrated and compromised any and all information regarding The One. All data has been corrupted and/or destroyed. The One is no longer [valid?]. Congratulations.”

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Received the call as well, was unable to answer it at first so IT left a message. Big take away is the One is no longer valid, congratulations. The call started the same as it ended. Music-congrats-not valid. Also makes me wonder where the one stands now. If the one is no longer valid, will OSDM just go hard at trying to fix this? Or would they push us out for a new control group

Jackie
      Participant

@bcbishop
      FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU….Sage words, man. Sage.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I don’t think MyChild cares about us picking sides. I think it just destroyed all the OSDM’s data on us. Or … compromised it? Which sounds even more ominous.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@daela I listened a few more times, could it be valued??? The one is no longer valued?

Blondie
      Participant

“The BOS decided”… But people voted who aren’t BOS, right? It was a decision made, regardless of faction. So kind of unfair to be laying all the blame at our door…

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@rizzzoooooo

@daela I listened a few more times, could it be valued??? The one is no longer valued?

Shit, I think you’re right. That would certainly be in line with the thematic reading I mentioned above. :-\

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

That’s also bugging me, the few words between the first “valued/valid” and “decided”. I just can’t make it out.

Lia
      Participant

That “Hello?” in the middle just kills me. Could that mean that a person was playing a recording and holding their phone up to it? Like it wasn’t MyChild that placed the actual call?

@remrelganaps
      , @macbethinabathtub didn’t get a call either. It seems crazy that out of everyone, only 3 people are omitted.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I hear “valued” as well.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@bcbishop absolutely. I could believe MyChild is telling us that after the attack, the OSDM doesn’t value The One’s information or data anymore. Which begs the question, what’s their plan with participants now?

Lauren Bello

I wonder if OSDM headquarters are in absolute panic right now.

Jackie
      Participant

@bcbishop @rizzzoooooo @daela

Could this have anything to do, with the rescheduling of the mid-season event?! They, the powers that be, even re-framed it as a victory, when no one here was suggesting it was a defeat?!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Jackie.
       Addison
      Participant

Sooooo by deleting our files from the system, we now have pretty huge targets on our backs. They’re going to want that data back.

And now that there are “no more shadows to hide in” – nobody is safe.

They still know who we are, based on the Hostess in Black leaks, we are being actively monitored. So they know where to find us, and at this point I’m sure they’ve streamlined their process by now, right?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Addison.
         Kortney
        Participant

@addisonbornson

Sooooo by deleting our files from the system, we now have pretty huge targets on our backs. They’re going to want that data back.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

If the files are corrupted, deleted- they’ll want to get that back or brand new data. There were hard copies, sure, but those can always be burned (Morgan talks about starting fires a lot).

Sooooo… Getting more data should be fun. I wanna get heartbroken.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

I thought that we voted to reveal their data on us rather than just simply purging it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But oh well, It’s supposedly gone now.

I’m ready to move on. “The One” is too divisive as a name for our community anyways. Let’s be inclusive, let’s be many, let’s be all, let’s be infinite.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I get calls all day long that have nobody on the other end. So I let them go to voice mail. Except I picked this up, heard music, thought it was a telemarketer, and hung up. They really need to work on their messaging.

Lauren Bello

Do you think they’re still eavesdropping on some/all of us, or did MyChild disrupt their bugs too?

And I wonder if MyChild was able to destroy hard copies, like the contents of that briefcase Joyce showed Russell.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@bcbishop
      Listened to it again, I don’t believe MyChild is saying the the one will be destroyed towards the end. I believe the quote is “All data has been corrupted and it destroyed. The one is no longer valued”. MyChild didn’t destroy us, just what they have on us.

Chelsea
      Participant

Yea, I hear “valued”.

In the calls, did anyone pick up a hint that could look like evidence that MyChild is responsible for the calls? What if this was a “You think you’re our biggest weakness? Cool, bye. Thanks MyChild. And thank you, BOS.”?

Russell
      Participant

What was the very first processes of Noah and The System? How about the games played at the Focus Group Meeting? It was about dividing The One and making it about individuals competing against each other, even attempting to destroy one another. The opposite of the idea behind The One.
      Taking away the value of The One is not a new message, this is a goal that has been in place for a long time, in my opinion.

If they have compromised “data” concerning The One… it’s just data. It is not the entity itself. Not sure how this observation can be useful, yet, but it seems like something to keep in mind.

Sage
      Participant

I got the call too. Majorly creeped out. Weird classical muzak playing at first… What does it mean???

Chloe
      Participant

Late to the party, but didn’t get a call over here either. For those from Midnight, was it the same sounding voice as the one that made those calls?

Sean

If the purpose of Tension and a chunk of Lust was to gather information on what they designated “The One”, MyChild’s actions here are likely to cause consequences. We’ve heard rumors that the OSDM is larger than we’ve seen and deleting the files they so value is akin to killing Archduke Franz Ferdinand or bombing Pearl Harbor.

I can’t imagine a situation in which this information war isn’t going to escalate into a literal war

Kyle Bown
      Participant

So we have five people currently who did not get the call?

@chelsea

@macbethinabathtub

@chloe

@blondie

and myself.

Also, anyone else think that call sounded like something right out of the Hanso Foundation on Lost?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Kyle Bown.
         Chelsea
        Participant

@bruinbown It has me wondering what automated call list we were left off of.

Kyle Bown
        Participant

I thought it said “valid” not “valued.”

Megan
        Participant

Definitely Hanso foundation.

Chelsea
      Participant

Was @addisonborn the only one to get the call from an unknown number rather than this 424 number? If the 424 number is the automated, why was he called separately in the unknown fashion?

Addison
        Participant

I got a No Caller ID call at 12:16pm pst. I’m 99% sure it was the same exact call as everyone else, it was extremely garbled and by the time I got a voice recorder up and running for transcript, I missed the repeat option 🙁

I’m so confused as to why mine came through blocked.. like, they would’ve had to do that specifically.

Megan
      Participant

Right, @daela – there are hard copies, we’ve seen them.

And if it did say “valued” – and we (or our data) are (is) no longer valued – what is?

“There are no shadows left to hide in” – didn’t MyChild say something about we will now step out of the shadows?
      Otherwise this does sound ominous, as in we have nowhere to hide.

I feel like I had other, better thoughts. My brain is fried. It’s probably going to be that way until Thanksgiving.

(Oh also I’m dead to the OSDM, so no target on my back…right?)

Lauren Bello

“There are no shadows left to hide in” – didn’t MyChild say something about we will now step out of the shadows?

@coryphella
        – A while back, TMC had us decode a message that said, “The shadows still shield us, but our voices will soon grow loudest together…”

Sounds like a forecast of this MyChild call.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

I also didn’t get a phone call about this.

So if there’s no more info on us or at the very least it’s not useable at the moment….how does the ODSM operate now? Get new data?

GoldTongue
      Participant

I got the call — went to voicemail. Cuh-reeeeeepy.

GoldTongue
      Participant

@chloe

Didn’t sound too similar to the Midnight Commission voice, IMO.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I received the call, none of the TTS voices used sounded like the one that Morgan used to call me on the burner. However, @winstonsmith didn’t receive the call. This is relatively common though, he usually gets Lust correspondence that I don’t and vice versa.

Winston Smith
        Participant

I didn’t get a call, but I’m probably on Morgan’s shit list right now anyway. 🙂

Brian E
      Participant

I got the call at 12:16, and didn’t answer it. Ended up with the same vm as @daela

Winston Smith
      Participant

So, data destroyed, I guess we’re done here? Last one out has to lock up…

Megan
      Participant

@winstonsmith – right I’m sure it’s that simple. Everything’s fine.

Winston Smith
        Participant

Yeah, this was fun! Good times everyone! Let’s reconvene in a year to reminisce about the time we did that thing.

Candace
      Participant

I got the call but it went to voicemail because I figured it was one of the million telemarketers that call me everyday. Went to voicemail. All I could make out was “The One” said several times over the message. But I have no idea what else it said.

Robert Fuller
        Participant

So does this mean we have to do Tension all over again so they can get their data back? I’m okay with that, because I missed it the first time. This is actually very exciting, because now there’s no “core,” no dichotomy between veterans and newcomers. All are equal. Lately things have seemed very Tension-heavy, and this is the kind of reboot I’ve felt has been needed.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I received a call from a 424 number around 12:16pm, however, I was on set and didn’t answer. They didn’t leave a message or call back so I didn’t think too much of it. Since I have been terribly absent from Lust due to being on several projects at once, I figured all calls to me and interactions would cease, so I didn’t even think it could have been Lust related. I really would like to know the answer to why so many people were chosen to receive calls, but not everyone? I don’t want to overthink things or spend time thinking of something irrelevant but we do often miss little clues so maybe this is the beginning of one?

Ps. I miss you all! ?

superstar
      Participant

+1 to the no-call list.

George Zuniga
      Participant

The fire’s been started.

Megan
        Participant

We didn’t start it. It was always burning.

Violet
        Participant

I think we just added a bunch of gasoline to the fire.

Christine
      Participant

I have to say I really like the idea that this may be making everyone equal. Newcomers and veterans.

Megan
      Participant

The only place we weren’t equal before was in people’s heads.

Christine
      Participant

I think I worded that wrong. I more so meant for those of us starting out it may be easier for us to jump in. And it may have just been my own shyness that kept me from jumping in so much before. Sorry if I didn’t word that well.

Violet
        Participant

Oh, I totally get what you meant…I’m a newb too, only jumped headfirst into this weirdness in July. It’s a lot, and it seems REAL fucking overwhelming, and there are times when I’ve felt that my lack of history puts me at a disadvantage, mostly when it comes to theorizing. But everyone will happily recap a thing for you if you need, or remind you of this or the other. We’re all in this shit together. But honestly? Things move quickly, and soon you’ll find yourself in the thick of some happening WHEN it’s happening and you’ll be like, “OH. This is it. Here we go.”

Just jump. And I mean that in a few ways 😉

Christine
        Participant

Thanks! I’m glad you understood what I meant. And that you get where I’m coming from. There’s just so much happening. I get busy for a couple hours and so much has happened. I’m just trying to keep up. Lol

Viewing 54 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar