Well played, Sarah

Tagged: , ,

This topic has 24 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Hannah Schenck.

• Author
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So I’ll admit, I may have been “poking the bear” a bit in regards to Sarah. I don’t trust her, so I’ve been trying to distract her and waste her time so they can’t track down Noah. This has included the whole “Send Sarah a paradox and see if her AI crashes” thing.

So today I get this enticing email from her:

“Do you know who I am Brad? Do you?

Here’s a link: https://tinyurl.com/kw34tvo

Let me know if you see or hear from Noah through the appropriate channels.”

Well played Sarah, well played. I still don’t believe you, but now you have my respect.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I asked her if there was anything we could do to help lure Noah out. To which she replied:

“Noah is not a fish Andrew.”

Gotta admit, I’m really warming up to the Sinclairs.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Her sarcasm and troll game is STRONG. And I respect the hell out of that.

Megan
      Participant

why would she use google scholar without using quotes around the text? That’s just asking to never ever find anything.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Ask not for whom the bell tolls @nothenrygale

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’d be lying if I said this respect of Sarah doesn’t also come with some fear of her.

But @julierei, don’t you see that you’re just playing right into her hand? She’s giving you exactly what you want, what you lust after. Look at what’s now happening with Noah. Look at what happens when she no longer has use for people.

Please JR, recognize she’s handed you rose tinted glasses so all the red flags just look like normal flags.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I think Sarah Sinclair just threatened to kill me. Or much, much worse.

From the moment the press release went out, it’s seemed clear that whatever the intent was, it wasn’t working. Everybody here thought it was bullshit and covering up for something. What? We didn’t know, but something was not right.

I emailed Sarah explaining this and she wasn’t thrilled, even when I pointed out that plenty of people here are already willing to believe Noah over her, sight unseen. I have taken no sides at this point, despite what the Sinclairs have done, and have only been looking for the truth in all of this. I told her that her best protection was to come clean. Sunlight, best disinfectant, etc. In many ways, whichever one of them told their story first would win the narrative battle, which I reminded her of last night when Noah posted via a spam account.

This morning I received this:

Bryan, when I was a child I had a terrible uncle who always brought me horrendous, barely functioning toys from the airport every time he visited. Even back then I was fully aware that these last minute gifts were purchased more out of obligation rather than true affection and it made their already lackluster appeal even worse somehow. I remember one in particular that I’d love to tell you about… It was an ineffectual clown.

You blew up this sad thing and then you could punch it over and over but there was this little weight at the bottom that always made it come back up. It was hollow and utterly useless but nothing if not tenacious in its own, sad way.

I played with it for a while because I was bored but eventual it annoyed me so much that I did what I always wanted to.

I looked it in it’s silly grinning face, put my little hands around it’s neck and squeezed until it popped.

Best Wishes,
      Sarah

The last line legitimately caused my stomach to drop. Being threatened like that isn’t a great way to kick off your weekend, and we’ve seen firsthand how fucked up the Sinclairs can be. But minutes later I received a follow-up.

Oooops, did I use “it’s” incorrectly? Only a mistake a real, life human would make hmmm Bryan? How absolutely careless of me.

My first thought was “Why was she bringing up its/it’s when I’d only directly commented on her lack of oxford comma usage?”

Talking this over with @mike, however, he pointed out there could be another reason. She could have been been using it as a clue – pointing to “IT.” As in the AI / shadow creation / replicant that Noah referred to yesterday.

And if she started her email using the clown as a metaphor for my behavior towards her… and that clown is later referred to as the mysterious “IT”… is she implying that I’m a shadow and don’t even know it? That any of us could be?

Sage
        Participant

@bcbishop, sounds like she’s also referring to her grammatical mistake that “only a real, life human could make”, sarcastically…meaning “N’s” email was not made by a real life human…. (Need to check his for grammar for that, but his email did have some weird sentence drop offs…)

Anonymous
      Inactive

That awkward moment when you check the trolling and snort loudly at the booth you’re manning. Well played indeed, Sarah.

@nothenrygale
      Maybe one day I’ll respect her. Maybe one day I’ll fear her too. I will keep suggesting to you and others, though, to just watch and detach yourself emotionally. When you detach, they will not have that emotional hold on you. My wisdom to you. Sponsored by the power of Starbucks.

Candace
      Participant

@nothenrygale lmao oh man that made my morning? thanks for sharing that gem. Hahaha man the more sassy Sarah’s responses get the more I like her!

Me: That woman’s a lying manipulative bitch.

Shadow self: Yea isn’t she amazing ? *takes notes*

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ooa-lala…. I think I’m getting the hots for Sarah Sinclair!

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

It’s ok @nothenrygale. We can’t all be made for perfection…

Kyle Bown
      Participant

The more I see of your responses from Sarah the more I’m glad she never replied to my emails. She sounds like a piece of work. I love a good (bad?) pun as much as the next guy, but this is kind of ridiculous. Time and place, ya know?

It makes me wonder, is she clever, or does she just not understand words? Like she’s grabbing the wrong definition, or not understanding nuance. there’s a fine line between sarcasm and lacking comprehension.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@bryan

looks like you hit a major nerve =)

Take her threats as compliments… you’re doing something right.

Lukas L
      Participant

I always hated those damn clowns. Always wobbling and staring at you. With that fake smile and black eyes. I never liked those things.

Kevin
      Participant

Interesting that she brings up Bobo dolls. They were used in a pretty famous psychological experiment that tested social learning in children. More details on that on here. Pretty similar to what we’ve seen about AI learning from people.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@nothenrygale That…was a burn. I love a good troll.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I KNOW RIGHT @larry?!?!

Like, so much of this has been love/hate for me. I hate being lied to and manipulated, which Sarah clearly is trying to do. But damn do I love how she went about this. Caught me off guard and I had to applaud her for it.

Still working to ruin her plans though.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@nothenrygale Seriously, I want to be trolled like that. First you feel the sting of the rebuke but then you realize you are in the company of someone who is actually better at something than you are, and then….RESPECT.

I don’t want to ruin her plans. I don’t even know what her plans are. But I may be in love.

Tim Redman
      Participant

That was epic and appreciated.

Shaun
      Participant

The distractions message from N definitely had some mistakes: “loose your way” and “I know your listening”

It’s hard to tell if mistakes indicate a human or an AI trying to appear human. But Sarah even mentioning it is suspect!

Sage
      Participant

@shaun, interesting. I actually believe it was the real Noah, but Sarah seems to want us to believe it’s not.

Also interesting how N’s said “You think It can TALK like me”. Talk, not act, or be…TALK.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Sage.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Excellent points, @sfire8 and @shaun. The idea that she’s using the spelling as an attempt to establish her own “human-ness” feels dead-on. But I wonder if she’s expecting us to read that as a hint that @maddyxxx isn’t really Noah, or if it’s just her mocking Noah’s “conspiratorial thinking” with regard to “IT”? She still seems to be claiming that the press release is truthful, after all, and acknowledging that there is a machine learning / AI ploy in play at all would undercut that.

Sage
      Participant

Ah, @bcbishop, I see what you’re saying. She’s making fun of Noah and his delusional diabetes “conspiracy theory”… Gosh, she’s really smart.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Sage.
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@kevin I just clicked your link and read up on that experiment… my stomach is in knots lol literally made my stomach turn reading that and coming back to your sentence “Pretty similar to what we’ve seen about AI learning from people.”

I think you have hit the nail on the head for this theory. Observation can help you absorb more information than most other ways. It’s surprising how much the brain remembers based on tracking people’s body language, expressions, changes in mood based on their surroundings, and emotions.

Viewing 23 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar