FB image post 9/5

This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Jackie.

• Author
       Cody
      Participant
       Kortney
      Participant

Quote –

“Reality is whatever refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.” -Philip K. Dick,
      Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

Original Painting –

Painting by Mirza Zupljanin

When Looking up this quote I found a different worded version? Instead it’s “Reality is what refuses to go away once you stop believing in it”

ALSO – I noted that the “I” in the post is larger than the rest of the words (like how the normal capital is at the start of the quote.)

Kevin
      Participant

Mirza Zupljanin is actually a working artist and I think this is the most recent painting we’ve seen (seems like 2012 according to the signature on the painting).

One of the first thoughts I had about this was that it reminded me of a richter scale. It starts off blue and more gentle before increasing in intensity in both color and height, eventually looking like it tears a hole through the canvas.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Kevin.
       Chelsea
      Participant

@kortneydarling It looks like one version of the quote is from a speech called “How To Build A Universe That Doesn’t Fall Apart Two Days Later”. Later in that speech, he talks about how “reality becomes less real the second we start taking about it”, and this little gem that sounds incredibly applicable:
      “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

@chelsea Incredibly applicable. Cults love to use their own language to redefine the world around them, on their terms. Have you ever heard a Scientologist speak English but you have no idea wtf they just said?

Look at Scientology and their practice of “word clearing” – any time that you don’t “understand” a concept or a word in Scientology doctrine, you are to IMMEDIATELY look that word up in a Scientology glossary to be fed the cult’s wild new definition of an otherwise mundane word. If you don’t grok the material, or if you ultimately disagree with it, it’s your fault. Only a degraded being would refuse the perfect teachings of the cult. Comply. Comply. Comply.

Cristen
      Participant

I can see this tying into that oft-recalled quote form @bcbishop’s first strange encounter. something line “Once they stop believing you, then you know its begun.” It makes me think that, if reality is what is left when you stop believing something, that once we stopped believing that TPTB that we know are in charge, we stepped from fiction to reality. This would support a theory or two we’ve been bouncing around about narrative vs the real; in a sense, and this is unnerving, once we stopped believing we were still under the protection of the Creators we knew, this all really began.

Jackie
      Participant

I see this as like…Mason has fall out from beating Joyce in the face. The high of ‘victory’ fades and he’s only left with the gravity of what he’s done and what he’s capable of. And the pain or disappointment knowing he could fall so far.

The Reality doesn’t change that he too, hates them, and he too, is also a monster like them.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar