Why the distractions away from Mason?

This topic has 23 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Chelsea
      Participant

I’ve been asking questions about why Mason is looking to speak with specific people, and they kept getting buried. Earlier, I posted this as a comment that was buried by some phone calls: I’m having an issue with Mason. He came in with talk of wanting to research and expose things within the experience (currently most likely being run by the OSDM). He talked about “seeking truth” and taking down those who are using others. But here’s what I don’t get. There’s a group or two or… here that is already working to take down the OSDM. But he didn’t seem interested in talking to the people currently holding the matchbox and waiting for the kindling to pile. There hasn’t even been a suggestion of him reaching out to @111error. Instead, he went to seek out the old actors from Tension who are close to Darren. Why? I think this adds another layer onto my theory of Mason is someone we know from Tension, or at least someone the Tension cast knows.

I brought it up again in Slack after some quiet, and it was again buried by phone calls. So I did a little experiment. “Hear me out. Let’s talk about this.” @bcbishop got another call from his “father”. Things in slack started getting deleted. It appears they do not want us asking questions about WHY Mason hasn’t contacted Morgan.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Mason really is the key to whatever is going on right now. Whomever is in control of things right now knows this and is looking to keep that discussion closed.

I’ve tried reaching out to Mason again, but either 1) I have nothing of value or 2) Mason is worried I’ll recognize and expose who they are.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

During the B&E and the System events, we theorized about how it was clear that Noah and Horace wanted the same thing, but in a different method. Butting heads on the how or the why, but they have the same general goal.

Perhaps Mason and Morgan are similar. Same goal, different methods and reasons.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Other lines deleted:

meghanmayhem Aug 31, 2017 13:15
      Nah it’s not that Mason is Morgan. It’s that it’s extremely suspicious that Mason comes out here talking about the path of true and exposing lies and wanting to bring down the people in control…and has made literally zero attempts to talk to or get a connection going with someone who has said the exact same thing. Runs a group of like-minded people even.

lawrencemeyers Aug 31, 2017 13:15
      People got pissed about Morgan because they all thought he was a plant. What if he never was. What if he is also part of the unknown.

@bcbishop
      received a call: “The only way out is through”

Which to me says we must press forward — perhaps to complete our journeys towards completeness — perhaps because there is no escape.

The quote comes from this Robert Frost piece, “A Servant to Servants”:
      http://www.internal.org/Robert_Frost/A_Servant_to_Servants

“A lonely, overworked New England farm wife talks with a visiting naturalist, and through her eager conversation reveals the tragic story of her life. Reared in a loveless family, in which her mother’s life had been embittered by the necessity of caring for an obscenely mad brother-in-law, she herself had been, influenced for a time by the inherited strain of insanity, and welcomed the opportunity to marry Len, the unfeeling husband who neglects her for his many business enterprises. Though she craves personal freedom, love, and the touch of beauty, she is burdened by innumerable menial tasks, including the feeding of the brutal farmhands, whose “servant” she has become.”

In context:

“It’s rest I want–there, I have said it out–
      From cooking meals for hungry hired men
      And washing dishes after them–from doing
      Things over and over that just won’t stay done.
      By good rights I ought not to have so much
      Put on me, but there seems no other way.
      Len says one steady pull more ought to do it.
      He says the best way out is always through.
      And I agree to that, or in so far
      As that I can see no way out but through– “

Cristen
      Participant

Brought from slack:

If we are assuming that Mason is real, as our Creators suspect, then I have also heard a few people saying that maybe everything before Mason was curated fiction. That would mean OSDM as we know it is fiction, and that BOS as we know it was created to burn down something that doesn’t exist. That could explain why Mason hasn’t contacted Morgan, because he’s hunting the Real Big Bad and they’re not quite on the same page yet.

@a also appeared in slack and mentioned they were not here to hold hands…The creators said after red door I think about no hand holding. I think it was the same post reminding us that we were going to need eachother. I think we all got thrust into the same group narrative yesterday. No factions, no sides, no theatre.

This all being real is scary as hell but I guess yes, the only way out is through.

Blondie
      Participant

So I’m gonna put this on the boards because I may be being a lunatic (that is *always* a possibility with me), but this whole idea of Mason being an ex-participant, or at least someone linked with Tension, has really struck me. I mean, we all know people who have an issue with the “BOS” name. That could identify with the goals, but would never ever in a million years be associated with them because of everything that has happened previously. So it makes sense that contacting Morgan would not be on their agenda.

Mason making it clear that he is OUT OF GAME is important here. BOS was an OSDM construct, yes. Michelle claimed we made it real. Did we? Is Morgan as the new leader any more real than the (I’m gonna say it and I can say it because I was in it) shitshow of confusion that was BOS the first time around? Let’s be honest, TMC still feels very IG…

Mason is… Different.

TPTB are *rattled* by Mason. Is that because he is REAL and therefore not under any narrative constraints? He can legitimately burn this to the ground if that is the case. WHO ARE YOU MASON?!

Mike
      Participant

What if Sentinel is Mason. It kind of fits because people would know him and has a similar agenda. If BoS became real because of you guys, maybe he was able to feel that connection. The connection was real. Maybe he’s been seeing how things are happening and isn’t liking it and is trying to help. Also, London MAY (and he’s someone’s son)

Oh shit…or what if it’s one of the understudies? Someone that played certain parts that some of us might know, but all the actors would.

Blondie
      Participant

Someone like Mitch for example? He stepped in for Andrew while he was off being all Sentinel-y and saving me and stuff. It is possible I guess…

Hell, anything is possible. Even your crazy theories, you crazy plant you…

Lolz at MAY-son… You dork.

Addison
      Participant

I’ve had the same thought @mike about London May being Mason – he was the only actor that was not at The End – he was asked specifically to stay away – and he made that fun fact seem important at the book party.

And there were stories about him creeping around the compound, that he was sort of on the outside..

superstar
      Participant

London May definitely didn’t “burn” at the book signing. I saw him crossing the street back toward the compound as I was leaving the event.

Mike
      Participant

@blondie – Exactly! The understudies are people who saw behind the scenes, knew the part to play, and were involved. The actors would know them/their face, but the majority of us wouldn’t. We’ve all been focusing on the people we became close with, the main actors that we all dealt with and then eventually saw outside of the compound.

And shoosh…never forget the Jedi force ghosts theory 😛 Even my crazy theories can be right sometimes 😀

@addisonborn
      – YES! I remember you guys talking about that! It seemed so odd at the time.

Blondie
      Participant

Please don’t fixate on London May. He’s just another name on the list. Possible, yes. But then it’s equally as possible that @mike is Mason. Ooops, did I say that out loud?

Mike
      Participant

Or maybe you’re Mason @blondie

that would explain why Mason can’t meet in person with anyone 😛

Blondie
      Participant

Bwahaha @mike, well played. But making me laugh doesn’t get your name struck off the list… 😉

Megan
      Participant

Hell, anything is possible. Even your crazy theories, you crazy plant you…

There IS still a plant here, right? Or was that resolved?

Kevin
      Participant

If we are assuming that Mason is real, as our Creators suspect, then I have also heard a few people saying that maybe everything before Mason was curated fiction. That would mean OSDM as we know it is fiction, and that BOS as we know it was created to burn down something that doesn’t exist. That could explain why Mason hasn’t contacted Morgan, because he’s hunting the Real Big Bad and they’re not quite on the same page yet.

This is basically where I’ve been since yesterday. If DLB/CS are convinced that Mason is real, it calls into question everything that came before. We’re going to have to start sorting out the fact from the fictions we’ve seen presented to us. Based on the information @bcbishop received in that email this morning, it appears there is some kind of fact (or hint at the truth) in everything that has happened over the last several months.

Blondie
      Participant

There is *always* a plant @coryphella. *ALWAYS*.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

Why are we assuming that Mason is real? Because Darren and Clint said so? The guys who created this entire fictional world? If this isn’t a game, and we’re dropping all distinctions between IG and OOG, then I’m not going to assume or believe anything without a strong reason. And there are no strong reasons for believing anything yet.

Cristen
      Participant

@remrelganaps I suppose we’re led to assume he is real because he appeared and it threw Clint and Darren into a panic and they took steps within their narrative to try and convince us he, and his info, wasn’t real.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

(And I realize there’s a paradox there, viz. if this isn’t a game, then that means he’s real, so by doubting his reality I’m automatically assuming this is a game … but I feel like this is the road to madness).

Robert Fuller
      Participant

@wanda102 And yet, here we are, believing he’s real. And the Creators have said that they’ve gotten the exact reaction they wanted. What if their efforts to convince us that he’s not real was just clever misdirection meant to convince us that he’s real?

Cristen
      Participant

@remrelganaps lets think simpler than that though: The Creators posted here that everything was under control to convince us that everything Mason said and did was by their design, when they knew it was not. Based on the leaks and what we’ve seen with our actor friends being bugged, and the panic in various communications between Darren and co, the more terrifying conclusion is that the Creators are no longer in control.

Jackie
      Participant
       Anonymous
      Inactive

If we’re talking about Tension understudies, I might as well float the ultimate understudy: Emilie Autumn.
      She’s admittedly not male, but she did study every last role in case she was needed….

Viewing 23 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar