Outstanding Questions from the 6.20 Dead Drop Emails

This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Bryan Bishop.

• Author
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Now that I’m back in town I’ve had some time to read through everything from the past week. So much awesome analysis from everyone, but a couple of outstanding questions from the 6.20 Dead Drop emails seemed worth breaking out to keep in mind for the future:

What is The Interference?

Email Bro #1 first makes mention of this:

“…the index is all over the board and I can’t make heads or tales of what’s authentic. It’s the interference watering it down, diluting the response.

This idea surfaces again later, though we’ve generally been focusing on different parts of the paragraph in question:

“Okay, this is nuts, the copy cat thing we’ve been talking about I can’t even parse out the IE levels now. This fluctuation is NOT us and it’s not the core’s usual inside-drama. You want to get really frustrated? I just saw that they sometimes aren’t even sure who is putting things in motion.

This could refer to many things. But given the Red Door incident, the Order of Bileth calls the night of the Otiscast, and @rizzzoooooo and @wanda102 initially thinking their Fluffernutter meet was tied to something else, what they’re almost certainly talking about is cross-experience data pollution.

Essentially: us participating in other ARGs is contaminating the data being collected, and ALSO contaminating our individual experiences with Lust. When we’re not sure whether some call or event is from Lust, or some other entity, the context of the interaction is changed, and we don’t receive the full impact of the event in question.

We may not want to aid The Investors in data collection, sure — but the experiences we are most intrigued in having are also the experiences that help them collect the best data.

It’s intriguing food for thought. Given the limited bandwidth I personally find myself grappling with, I’ve decided to winnow down my participation in other experiences.

Subject Retention

@herderlogtimor / The Red Room Girl spelled out clearly in her deleted post that The Investors are having a hard time growing their pool of subjects (i.e, us):

“You’re losing them faster than you can create hooks to lure them in. You have more leaks in your ranks than a sinking ship. Stop ignoring me, and let him know I need an audience.”

This idea was first broached in the dead drop emails, however, when the bros talk about bringing older “core” participants back into play:

“I am hearing rumblings that the top is actively trying to bring a few more back into the fold like they did with LB. I think they are watching but I can’t get a good read – MK, DK, CH, AE, TB…”

It’s referenced again later in the chain.

“Hey I think we have a few more queued up. FYI, DC and CL won’t be ready, but they should be next. Also MF is still in the wind but we’ve got a few ideas to dial him in again.”

As others have already stated, it’s pretty clear the “core” are participants that were involved starting with Indoctrination last year. Those listed, however, haven’t been engaging with as much fervor as they did in the past. One of the Email Bros mentions that his second biggest fear is what would happen if the core realized “why everyone is targeting them.”

A fair read on the latter statement is that it’s discussing how important the core are to the experiment the email writers are working on: those that served as the “control” in round one are essential to the evolution of the data collection program. However, given the nature of these emails, I wonder if it is also referring to what awaits “core” participants if they do decide to engage further going forward.

Essentially, if core players were part of the control, doesn’t it stand to reason that greater, more complex rewards and interactions await them, if they stick around — because the reactions those individuals have will provide the richest, most complex data? (@russell, I imagine you’re the first and best example of this.)

Who is the man that Made It Through The Ranks?

This next bit can be read as being about an OSDM operative, or about being a member of the community. For reasons I’ll get to, my money is on a member of the community:

“I think one actually did make it through the ranks. Could you imagine how much he gave up? The things he did to get there? Someone the other day was trying to convince me that was Michelle’s ultimate plan, hijack their attention just to get their respect, I don’t buy it…”

I think the key to understanding this is what happened later in the week: namely, the appearance of @dark2light:

“I am upgraded and one of you is not who they seem.
      No_path is a fractal.
      the clock will not wind it will…”

That was followed by….

“one of you!”

over and over and over.

I don’t bring this point up to start a witch hunt. And it could all be a fake out (or my read could just be wrong). But these two pieces of information landed one after the other, they line up, and they definitely seem to be pointing in the same direction: somebody within the community tried to get the attention of the higher-ups, it worked, and they now serve at the pleasure of The Investors.

The concept of plants have been part of this from the very beginning of Tension. And from an operational perspective, it makes sense: if The Investors want to collect the best emotional data, they would want to have as many levers to pull as possible. One of those would almost certainly be someone within our ranks to guide certain moments and help dictate a mood at key times. (In fact, they already did exactly that within Ascension itself.)

Given that these are the opening moments of this new chapter, I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if this comes up again and again… until we reveal who it is amongst us.

The New Building

“Off topic, I overheard that they bought a new building. Any truth?”

This one is probably so obvious we never even thought of addressing it, but all signs point to the Ascension warehouse being out of play. The new building mentioned here is very likely the venue where Lust, whatever it may be, will culminate.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Bryan Bishop. Reason: Link formatting is hard
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

All very good points. I know Tina mentioned buying a new location, but I think it was a field? Maybe the new building is next to a field? Was Tina’s call a red herring?

My initial thought on who the one person was was @confuseddude. But the obvious choice isn’t always the truth. The thought of one of us selling out to the investors wouldn’t surprise me though. I mean hell, @taysavestheday seems to have been quite buddy buddy with Horace…

Sage
      Participant

I would not be surprised if @julierei “made it through the ranks”. No offense, really, she just seems to be a very dedicated and mysterious player from the beginning.

David Shields
      Participant

Ok. So just to sum it up and get it through my stupid head, we “someone” telling us that they don’t like there data being influenced by “something”. And we are thinking that that something is other arg’s whitch cut down on people actually experienceing the lust experience. There is also a rabbit hole whitch we could drive down my opinion on this chaleng is it might be trying to breed untrust since it is almost impossible to geus who people are based on inishals. And with the tease that someone is rising through the ranks. Thoes are just my thought and I would love to hear what other people think. Sorry for just dropig a huge block if text in you feed.

Megan
      Participant

Why are you apologizing for dropping text in the feed? That’s what the feed is for.

Megan
      Participant

I also read this into these emails, and was considering posting but with having to pack and get on a plane and stuff…I saw this as a bit of an appeal, not necessarily to the core Indoctrination players who were active during the summer months last year, but to all players to stick around and be active. Only the active move forward.

Essentially, if core players were part of the control, doesn’t it stand to reason that greater, more complex rewards and interactions await them, if they stick around — because the reactions those individuals have will provide the richest, most complex data?

This is key and has gone unspoken. Whoever is running this grand experiment does so methodically. New or unknown subjects don’t get thrown in to crazy situations right away. They have to be studied first. If they don’t stick around and remain active, they can’t ever get to the point where the crazy shit happens. Likewise, the “core” players are now known quantities to them. They’ve had a year to test us and gauge our reactions to stimuli and know what they can and cannot do. Time to up the stakes.

@parzival
      – the emails are saying that we are participating in too many “experiences.” And personally I’ve been frustrated that those other experiences have come onto these forums but I’ve let that go, largely because it’s easy to let shit that people post on the forums that annoys me go rather than make a stink about it to the point where people are apologizing for posting at all. People come on here and say they’ve received a phone call, only to learn that the phone call was for something else, and someone here has to say it’s not in game. That never happened last year. This year there are so many copy cat experiences people don’t know where the calls are coming from.

And @nothenrygale – read between the lines of my phone call, I’m not helping the investors. That’s the message of that call, too. “I’m investing in you, when I go to the bank, I want to see you in it.” BE PRESENT. Be here in this thing now, not off in other offsite sister ARGs. Can you keep them truly separate?

I’ve actually been contacted by a couple of them and have decided to not participate in them because I’m a.) not local to Los Angeles and unlikely to get much out of them and b.) not willing to do more than one of these at a time because I just don’t have the mental bandwidth.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella @parzival

You’re right on the money about the other ARGs. I have refused to join up on any others because Lust is all I can really handle so I’ve invested specifically in Lust and the hope of course is that that choice is repaid.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop

Who is the man that Made It Through The Ranks?

This next bit can be read as being about an OSDM operative, or about being a member of the community. For reasons I’ll get to, my money is on a member of the community:

“I think one actually did make it through the ranks. Could you imagine how much he gave up? The things he did to get there? Someone the other day was trying to convince me that was Michelle’s ultimate plan, hijack their attention just to get their respect, I don’t buy it…”

So… if I wasn’t me… I’d say this person is either myself or @bcbishop.

However I am me and am not currently rising through the ranks or involved with the OSDM/Investors in anyway.

So… Yay for witch hunts?

They either already chose someone or they are going to blind side us with it in the coming future and this is all just set up.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@thebuz

However I am me and am not currently rising through the ranks or involved with the OSDM/Investors in anyway.

That’s exactly what somebody that had flipped would say.

Of course, I’ll take a moment to say that it’s not me as well. Which is also what somebody who had flipped would say.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@bcbishop

That’s exactly what somebody that had flipped would say.

Of course, I’ll take a moment to say that it’s not me as well. Which is also what somebody who had flipped would say.

What if this is like a Departed situation and there are multiple flippers and they don’t know about each other? Then you and I meet in an elevator and force feed each other the flesh of Anoch.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Well shit. Now I’m hungry.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar