Leaks, phone calls, and having a laugh.

This topic has 36 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew Kasch.

• Author
       JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

Wow, I see that everyone is in bit of a tizzy! Constant upkeep and care… remember when things get tense and dramatic it’s all about your outlook on life.

Some of you, a great many actually seem lost. For me, it’s about one thing though, maintaining self awareness to achieve said outlook.

I just want you all to know that I mean this with the utmost sincerity. I have no idea who that woman was on that call. It was merely a fun little prank call that I found while searching the term “leak” on the youtube and I thought it would be fun to send as a playful message to my friend Andrew Kasch as he tears through the pages of the Portland Weekly tossing darts at the calendar section trying to penetrate the drywall finding something to waste his time or distract his mind.

How you could all possibly devise that this was some elaborate scheme to find out what hotel a person was staying in is beyond me. Next you’ll be saying that the male caller was a familiar voice as well. “Help, help, I see conspiracies everywhere”. You guys are a paranoid as Russell Eaton (whom I believe to be a good man at heart). Anyways, do try and relax a bit.

Oh and as for picking sides? I personally don’t see any sides to pick at all, or at the very least I see FEWER of them each day.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Even if you don’t know who she was miss @joycecarlberg, the people you work for probably do. I can’t imagine the ODSM not having info on Jenna and what role she played in the events of last year. Not to mention she’s aligning herself with a group that one way or another is determined to make all of this-The Lust Experience-that much harder to operate.

With all of that in mind…..where is Jenna now? Can you answer that?

Anonymous
      Inactive

You picked a youtube snippet… For fuck sake. Playing people and then openly admitting you played them. You sound like an amateur con-artist that doesn’t know how to keep her own secret. Have you learned how to play candy crush yet or are you waiting for your granddaughter to teach you?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

She tightens her grip on the crowbar, smiles ever so slightly and announces “I don’t know WHO could be messing with you, but I sure hope you find them soon!”
      She then turns her head and takes aim, smashing your car window.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I’ll be honest. I love the way @joycecarlberg writes. It’s enthralling. I don’t know if I like anything else about her. But I’ll be damned if she isn’t intriguing.

To quote one of the greatest comedic minds of our time. “Are you having a laugh?”

Cristen
      Participant

Correct use of “fewer” over “less?” Don’t mind me, I’ll be over here ordering Joyce a floral arrangement.

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

I mean…if Joyce didn’t know that Jenna was hiding in Lancaster and briefly in LA before, she does now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t believe anyone said that she was in a hotel on that call.

That’s a bit of a chuckle.

Chris
      Participant

Show us the YouTube video, @joycecarlberg. If that was something you ripped off the Internet, link it her. I’ll give you AND “Tom Barrow” a free dialect lesson if it’s real.

Shaun
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub I listened to a lot of gas leak prank calls on youtube just now and didn’t find it 😐

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

How many times does this have to happen before people see the pattern?

@joycecarlberg
      is basically the boy who cried wolf.

I’m not entirely sure who that situation is worse for given who employs her…

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

TROLOLOLOLOL.

Hook.

Line.

Sinker.

Well played as always, @joycecarlberg.

Jackie
      Participant

I think, even if it’s a wild spin, that it’s A credit to the possible (promised?) ferocity behind the Joyce-machine.

Should she find you, and what could she do, with what powers that be? Our imaginations are probably leaps and bounds worse that what anyone is fully capable.

But, who knows, and that’s great.

But what else does @joycecarlberg find funny? And who laughs out of fear and who laughs out of kinship?

I’m not scared, but even if I was, now is certainly not a time to flinch.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Jackie.
       Megan
      Participant

I like @joycecarlberg.
      Though slightly disappointed if she’s not actually into kidnapping.

Sage
      Participant

“Fewer of them each day”… There she goes making her sugar sweet threats again. Passive aggressive much, @joycecarlberg??

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Sage.
       Sage
      Participant

I think she’s also reminding us of a few things in her weird sarcastic way.

1. There is still a leak amongst us.
      2. She wants us to remember the MALE CALLER on the recording.
      3. She assumes there are no sides to pick, which means The Resistance is weak(er) in her mind.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@joycecarlberg drinks people’s tears for breakfast every morning. These rants are helping my abs become more defined… so I guess I should say thank you?

111error
      Participant

@sfire8

I think she’s also reminding us of a few things in her weird sarcastic way.

1. There is still a leak amongst us.
      2. She wants us to remember the MALE CALLER on the recording.
      3. She assumes there are no sides to pick, which means The Resistance is weak(er) in her mind.

Yeah, this seems about right. My thought is that since her behavior is making most of us wary of her, how does that aid with data collection?

Blondie
      Participant

So it took @joycecarlberg approximately 8 hours to put a juvenile prank together? Yeah… I’m shaking in my boots… Nothing this woman says can be trusted, no matter how charming you guys find her accent or turn of phrase…

Melissa
      Participant

You took the words right out of my mouth @blondie.

Shaun
      Participant

Though most juvenile pranks don’t end with someone’s (alleged) assault and abduction.

Melissa
      Participant

@shaun re (alleged) assault and abduction:
      The problem is Joyce admitted that she grabbed the audio from a youtube clip just to ruffle feathers even though I don’t believe she has produced the actual youtube clip. As @blondie said, nothing that Joyce says can be trusted. She is the lady who is crying who-the-f*ck-knows at this point.

Blondie
      Participant

On reflection – either this “delightful” little prank was merely an exercise in data collection (gathering our reactions to a member of the Resistance being targeted) OR calling it a prank is a distraction so we stop looking/theorising. Did we get too close to something? Of course not, just a prank, nothing to see here. Pffft. Anything is possible when it comes to the Carlberg…

Sage
      Participant

Agreed, if that was a prank, I don’t really get it? I think the “FEWER each day” comment makes it sound like it was not really a prank…

And not to mention she is the worst public relations person ever!

I guess I’m starting to take a side without even trying.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

For me what it boils down to is this… hopefully @joycecarlberg can see I don’t want to stand in her way, but I’d like to know how all these “pranks” or her tactics are going to further the cause of returning Anoch to the flesh.

So please, @joycecarlberg:

Kortney
      Participant

Oh and as for picking sides? I personally don’t see any sides to pick at all, or at the very least I see FEWER of them each day.

I love this.

Sean

Wait for real? @joycecarlberg is actually pulling the “It’s just a prank, bro” card?

Come on, son

Anonymous
      Inactive

Does this mean that you’re actually going to do something of substance, @joycecarlberg? Or is your actual job title at HDCI simply just Assistant to the Perpetual Drywall Penetrator?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Wary? Of @joycecarlberg? Don’t be ridiculous. She’s absolutely delightful. A trickster. Harmless.

Shaun
      Participant

Harmless other than the (alleged) assault and abduction part.

I think she wants us to be paranoid but she’s also serving as a distraction. Her idea of fun is a lot different than randomly choosing something from the LA or Portland Weekly.

A distraction from what is the question.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@shaun Now, you know perfectly well that a substantial number of pages in the Weekly contain ads for Gentlemen’s Clubs. I’m sure @joycecarlberg would be tons of fun at one of those.

She the fluffernutter. She’s the trickster. The distraction. Whatever you want to call it.

She’s the public face. That’s what matters to those of us in communications. The PR person is always nonsense.

…Except that’s how they are supposed to appear. The truth is that most of them….

…know where the bodies are buried…

“Am I right?”

Tom Hite
      Participant

Triggered by grammatical uncertainty: the rule is that we use “less” for uncountable nouns (less water, less heat) and “fewer” for countable (fewer pencils, fewer marbles).

So why are the “sides” countable, and why emphasize this with all-caps? Is Joyce selling slap-chops here, or is it something else?

Maybe the more we see our situation as having a limited number of options, the less choice (note the comparative adjective) we feel like we have. Maybe the belief in “fewer” options makes us think we have a set, countable menu of options to choose from…

I’m certainty not casting aspersions, but were one to make the attempt to control people, they would necessarily benefit from a scenario where the options are limited and the situation is perceived as some kind of Zork-esque program we’re all trapped in, our actions mere options from a predetermined list.

Whatever the nature of the “prank,” though, Joyce is absolutely correct about one thing: it’s all about your outlook on life.

Sides are uncountable unless you can see the entire shape… and there are dimensions at work which we just don’t have the ability to perceive empirically. There are options you can’t even imagine right now, because you don’t know they exist (not that I do either, in any specific sense, but that doesn’t mean they’re not there).

Megan
      Participant

Honestly I’ve found @joycecarlberg to be the most entertaining and intriguing thing about Lust so far. That’s largely due to the fact that I see no point in either anoch or the resistance at this stage and history has warned me against taking a side. I have spent more than my fair share of time standing up and trying to prove myself to one side or another or another. It’s simply not true that team “fuck everyone” suffered from a lack of interesting interactions last time. FE was Mike. However if my “fence sitting” gets me nothing then fine. I’ll be in Edinburgh, making immersive theatre.

Joyce seems harmless to you? I’d think twice before underestimating someone for what they seem. Not everyone feels the need to broadcast exactly how tough or dangerous they are at all times. My mother’s family were all proper and British, smelled of lavender, wore cute sweaters, and were incredibly terrifying.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Megan.
       Shaun
      Participant

@larry she definitely knows where the bodies are buried.

@prufrock5150
      it’s hard to tell how much of the post was actually @joycecarlberg “it’s all about your outlook on life” may have been lifted from @larry. That’s what so fascinating about her post.. the majority is ‘nonsense’ when you realize the source material is the phone call with Larry. It’s even more nonsensical to think the gas leak call is supposed to be a prank. Though the “that’s quite tall!” line is pretty funny.

@coryphella
      agreed @joycecarlberg is very entertaining. I think her and (crazed diabetic) Noah would make a good tag team.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Oh, silly me… And here I was having a spot of bother during my Portland frolic when all this time it was our beloved @joycecarlberg having a chuckle.

All is well. Cause you know what we say around here: That’s so Joyce!

Well, now that I’m back in the City of Angels, maybe it’s time to reach out to some individuals and see just what the hell has happened to my disappeared friend. Because I’m sure absolutely nothing is wrong and we’re all getting our knickers in a twist. Right, Joyce?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Oh, @kasch, a deft individual such as yourself knows better than to follow crumbs to where they lead. Remain flexible. Open-minded. Death? Disappearance? Fire? Smoke?

Sometimes we must be broken in order to be opened.

“Am I right?”

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Too true, @larry

And the ambiguous nature concerning Jenna’s whereabouts is the only reason I don’t have a torch in hand as we speak. I will reserve total judgement until I have all the facts. In the meantime, I will continue to dig and cast a suspicious eye at Joyce and her people.

Viewing 36 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar