What we're missing about the Sinclairs

This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Compassion.

We have data, too. Based on our interactions with them and what we’ve observed between them.
      But data is meaningless without analysis. Let’s take that data at face value for the moment.

Why is Noah pounding the booze? Why is he subordinating the marriage and family to other things?
      What explains his behavior in the park with Lia? To me, this is a man who has lost his way.
      He feels he has little to lose. He reminds me of the Trickster archetype, one who engages in mischief
      to affect change in others. The problem is the Trickster can trick himself.

I was struck by the exasperation I heard in Sarah’s voice when she called me. She felt like she was being
      smeared, by an employee who — from her perspective — fucked up big time. Almost certainly, Sarah answers to someone (and it isn’t Noah). Shit rolls downhill. It hit her first, and she naturally took it out on Macy, who embarked on a foolhardy campaign of revenge.

I was also struck by Russell’s account of the focus group when he asked her, “Are you OK?”. Russell said she seemed shocked that anyone would actually ask about her.

Crisis work can be separated into 3 categories. The opponent is driven either by 1) money, 2) ideology, or 3) emotion. The client usually just wants to be left alone, but dealing with their emotional and psychological reactions to being attacked is often the place to start. The more you know your client and opponent’s mental states, the more you can anticipate attack and develop an effective strategy.

In other words, don’t forget to look at what’s right in front of our faces.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar