FB 4/17/17 post — Soul on Fire

This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Megan.

• Author
       Melissa
      Participant

This is prob my favorite one thus far.

Megan
      Participant

Mine too, @mkarrett.

Melissa
      Participant

Additional notes:

I like the quote, not necessarily the statue subject. Just being real clear on that!

I find it interesting that with all these FB posts with statues, there’s definitely a usage of shadows.

Statue in this post:
      The Rape of the Sabine Women by Giambologna. Wikipedia also calls in The Kidnapping of the Sabine Women. I’ve seen pieces of art that cover this subject several times, seems to be a popular.

Megan
      Participant

Wikipedia also calls in The Kidnapping of the Sabine Women.

Oh.
      Well now I like it even more.
      😉

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I actually saw the original of this statue in Florence last year. It’s particularly striking, because you can feel the physical power depicted in the statue, assisted by the fact that it’s something like 14 feet tall. The spiraling of the bodies towards the sky is another really striking trait.

Foch was French, and the Supreme Allied Commander in WWI. Most credit him with winning the war, but some historians think he made some drastic errors early on.

Seems like LUST continues to head into the direction of power….

Anonymous
      Inactive

@larry

Foch was French, and the Supreme Allied Commander in WWI. Most credit him with winning the war, but some historians think he made some drastic errors early on.

This is interesting. Could apply to a number of people in Tension/Lust.

Kevin
      Participant

We’ve seen a few ideas and themes show up, but the fire one keeps coming up again.

It’s there in the Lust logo, either as a key or something to pass through to reach the key.

The new suit guy at the book party said, “This fire destroys not what we are, but simply burns away all we are not.”

And now we’ve got this quote, “The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire.”

All three can work together, when your soul is on fire you can reach reach the key, when your soul is on fire you can find out who you are, and when your soul is on fire, it shows who you really are and allows you to reach the key.

I can’t help but think that whoever is in charge wants to show us who we really are at our core.

Megan
      Participant

@kevin – or to show us what we really WANT?

And – you have to reach through that fire to get that key.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Megan.
      • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Megan.
Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar