3/23/18 – Call From Irene

This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 1 month ago by Jackie.

• Author
       Kyle Bown
      Participant

Sitting at my desk at work when my phone rings. No Caller ID.

I answer. It’s Irene. She asks how my week was. I tell her it was good, a bit slow. I ask how her’s was. She tells me she is sad the rain is gone. She likes the rain. It washes away the impurity, the disease. When she woke up this morning and saw the sun she got depressed.

Then she talked about how change is inevitable. You adapt or die. She can adapt. She has that skill. Most people don’t. Most people don’t know what to do when change knocks on their door.

Then she asked if I was aware of the General Mills Corporation She said “When kids stop buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch they don’t change the recipe. They change the box.”

She then said she wanted me to know what was coming could not have been prevented. She said people like me are dinosaurs. and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

She then ended saying I should enjoy the sun.

Then she hung up.

Shaun
      Participant

How do you interpret the call?

Adapt or die? Appear to adapt or die?

If you/us are dinosaurs and you should get some sun does that mean there’s no place for us in their plans to adapt? Is it the death of the ARG?

Sarah
      Participant

I agree with Irene. In order to make it in this world, you need to adapt to change. Without adaptation, things will be doomed to die out. We also cannot grow as people, as a group, if we do not change. Growth is paramount to success.

Unseen Presence
      Participant

So just got this after a night in another universe and I think I have a slightly different interpretation of this call.

It’s Irene. She asks how my week was. I tell her it was good, a bit slow. I ask how her’s was. She tells me she is sad the rain is gone. She likes the rain. It washes away the impurity, the disease. When she woke up this morning and saw the sun she got depressed.

Rain = good. It washes away the bad things, those things that degrade or corrupt. Why begin the call this way? She strikes me as more than capable of starting her call with the thesis of her intent.

Perhaps this is all about how depressed she gets when corruption is allowed to remain…

Then she talked about how change is inevitable. You adapt or die. She can adapt. She has that skill. Most people don’t. Most people don’t know what to do when change knocks on their door.

Super clear. Irene appreciates her skills and believes herself to be one of the true magicians, able to survive in ways few others do.

But she then ends this idea with the concept of change.

Then she asked if I was aware of the General Mills Corporation She said “When kids stop buying Cinnamon Toast Crunch they don’t change the recipe. They change the box.”

What does this metaphor really mean? New packaging, same content. In our context, it means that if we as a group have decided that we can’t buy what they’re selling any more (and most of you clearly have), they will find a new way to market it to you.

Yes, that can mean Vegas. It could also mean -anything at all-. She’s ultimately making it clear that in her opinion, ‘they’ can always find a new way to sell us the same old crap.

And then she echoes that statement by hammering it home.

She then said she wanted me to know what was coming could not have been prevented. She said people like me are dinosaurs. and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

What is -coming- could never have been stopped. Because we are those who cannot adapt. The dinosaur reference is, as others have pointed out, an attempt to compare us to those who cannot adapt. Those, in other words, who are not her.

We lost before we even started, because we can’t do what she can. We can’t change when the door opens. We can’t adapt. We will -always- eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch (except for me, who hates it) because they’re a step ahead of us.

As for what’s coming–IS it Vegas? The implication of the dinosaurs suggests it -might- be something else. The culling. Destruction. Death. There’s almost a wistful nature to the statements, almost a sadness that we can’t be equal to her in adaptation.

And it’s fine to suggest that some dinosaurs became birds. Whatever. That’s not, IMO, the point of this metaphor. The point is that we are soon going to be no more.

But for me, the most interesting thing in the entire call is the last bit.

She then ended saying I should enjoy the sun.

If the rain washes -away- the impurities, and she was depressed by the sun…WHY suggest to Kyle that he should enjoy it?

Because, IMO, -we- are the corruption, the disease. Her statement clearly connects US to the very opposite of what she likes. We might as well enjoy the sun, because we -are- that very thing that will get washed away when the rains come.

And it’s a threat that they WILL come.
      And when they do, we will be washed away.

IMO, this is one potent threat of a phone call.

It makes me that much more interested in Irene. I continue to be impressed, seriously, by the strength of the women in charge over in OSDM/Order land. Irene and Cecilia–a combo I can really get behind.

Jackie
      Participant

“She then ended saying I should enjoy the sun.”

Fuck, boy-o, the darkness is coming.

Jackie
      Participant
Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar