What if The Resistance isn't real?

This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Addison
      Participant

As @daela mentioned in the open questions thread – the idea of Morgan being the person referenced in the Sushi Dan emails as the Clockmaker / associated with the OSDM may be the most terrifying idea..

The Resistance used Midnight Commission as a way to vet bright minds, no? And OSDM is interested in gathering data and also have a side project developing some pretty powerful AI. I don’t think it’s out of the question to think the OSDM is planning to use the Resistance via Midnight Commission recruits to feed the AI.

That makes The Resistance a more polished up and predatory version of what OSDM did with BOS before BOS members made it a true resistance.

In Ascension, Morgan was asked by Overseer/Addison/Sabrina to join her, an offer he accepted. Even though the OOA was just a facade put on by the OSDM, could that have been used as a way to draw him in deeper? And we know the OSDM has some pretty great mind control.

I’m throwing a lot of spaghetti at the wall here to see if anything sticks, but unfortunately, there’s definitely a chance that The Resistance is being played, Morgan’s being played/mind controlled, and we’re all still fucked.

Melissa
      Participant

Totally not out of the question @addisonborn–I think that makes perfect sense. Sittin’ pretty (sweaty) on Team House is sounding pretty f*cking great right now XD

But ya like @larry has been saying all along–we all gonna die.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s real enough for the people who are involved. And that’s really all the OSDM needs.

Needs to get those sweet sweet emotions.

Brotherhood of Smugness

Taylor Winters
      Participant

We see a lot of focus on intelligence here.

Horace tells me to abandon my weak emotions to focus on my more logical, engineer side. Morgan recruits those with the intelligence to solve ciphers and puzzles to The Resistance. I think you hit the nail on the head. Are these two sides of the same coin or two different coins? What if The Resistance is just another head of the OSDM hydra, ready to get more data to feed into it’s AI program. They would want the best and brightest from all aspects of the game–not just those loyal to the OSDM. This is the best way to get as much data from as many people.

Melissa
      Participant

“In Ascension, Morgan was asked by Overseer/Addison/Sabrina to join her, an offer he accepted. Even though the OOA was just a facade put on by the OSDM, could that have been used as a way to draw him in deeper? And we know the OSDM has some pretty great mind control.”

Okay @addisonborn I’m gonna put this out there..

What if Morgan, after his first coffee date with Kristen, wasn’t really Morgan talking to us on Periscope? At that point and all the way up till now we we’re actually seeing MORGANBOT9000. Primary objective: to collect sweet sweet data from y’all who joined The Resistance. The actual Morgan is just chillin’ out somewhere, having a coffee and making sweet glitchy clips.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@mkarrett and @taysavestheday bring up good points. If I may add on…
      this theory may be completely wrong, but I was thinking: what if the ODSM used/uses/is using shadow characters to appeal to more people, gathering emotional data for their AI(?) (just putting that out there.)

Lauren Bello

I think the counterpoint to all this may be @rizzzoooooo’s observation in the other thread.

“As far as them? I don’t know what they are thinking, it’s almost like they’re mimicking us now, are they mocking us, I’m just surprised it seems to be working.”

The authors of the Sushi Dan emails seem to be talking about the Resistance here. The Midnight Commission. So either 1) they know about the Midnight Commission but have no idea that it’s the Resistance, implying that they DON’T know how the Resistance operates, or 2) they know it’s the Resistance, and are still using the terms “us” and “them”. Clearly the authors of the emails, at the very least, do not consider THEMSELVES to be Resistance.

So while it’s still always possible that the OSDM is still in charge of the Resistance, ultimately I don’t think these emails make the case for their being the same entity just yet. There is at least enough separation that these authors are out of the loop.

I think the emails raise another question, though – what ARE Clockmakers? They’re puppetmasters, yes, but are they affiliated with anyone? Last year we were told that Clockmakers were part of the OOA Institute’s hierarchy, which was at best a half-truth. Could it be possible to be a Clockmaker and yet be part of the Resistance?

Megan
      Participant

I think the emails raise another question, though – what ARE Clockmakers? They’re puppetmasters, yes, but are they affiliated with anyone?

Do we know anyone else who could be called “puppetmasters?”

superstar
      Participant

@coryphella Ummmm… well, if we’re talking literally… @larry’s last periscope (*cough* *cough* *succulent!*)

Megan
      Participant

Not *quite* what I meant but ok, we can do that too.

superstar
      Participant

Yeah, I know. But, then again… there’s been a lot of talk about things being right in front of our faces. Eh, just a thought.

Jackie
      Participant

Realistically, no one really knows what ticket they have, nor to which ride they’re on. Both sides are promising to fuck shit up the only different is the location: one underground, one above with Lofty, lofty promises. Through smoke screen, Iconfidant was data farming, ultimately farmed through one person/organization. Midnight Commission, with a goal of farming for a particular type of person, to be enlisted by one person/organization.

We don’t know what data, nor emotion, is strongest. Realistically, a coin has two sides but is the same currency no matter what side is facing up. The Question is: What if all the leaders are sitting at the same table in the end.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I wonder if people continue to get distracted from what really matters. A question frequently asked at immersive events is one that we might want to continually ask ourselves:

“Why are you here?”

I hate being direct, and my answer may differ from everyone else’s, but at the very very very center of it all, in Plato’s Cave and the Ouroboros and everything….is the answer to that one question…

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

You better have an answer to that question. And I think we each do, and I bet it’s the same answer.

And if the people you have met thus far are not serving that answer, well, then what good are they?

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar