VENTING

This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.

• Author

First off, let me say that I really DO like this.

I think the community itself is insanely awesome!

So far I have been able to attend a few meet ups, and the registration AND a call from Noah himself.

I hope this doesn’t sound like complaining. And maybe I am just need to be more patient, but when does this ramp up? I remember reading all about this insane crazy universe last year. Hearing people got followed in cars, and their phones rang with their friends numbers, and just insane things.

What will it take for me to get some of that craziness? Is it about being more vocal? Posting more? Do I need to get a tattoo? Do I need to wear something more shiny? Ha, I’m only half joking. I guess what I am pondering is, are we in full LUST swing, or is it still ramping up for something bigger to happen, which will make me, and I guess us all the more active.

I am ready for things to get real. I am ready for my phone to be tapped, and my heart to be broke.

Megan
      Participant

I’ve had a really long day…

scot
      Participant

I understand what you’re saying and how you are frustrated. I don’t mean to be like, “Be grateful for what you have experienced”, but maybe I am gently saying that. There are those of us that are remote and have had zero interactions other than the auto-reply from the system and and few iConfidant emails, and those are significantly fewer and much more brief in content and context than the main players. So I guess I’m just saying that even though you are frustrated right now there are some of us that are extremely jealous of what you have. My take is that we are part of a huge undertaking, even bigger than just the event. We try and make the most of it. We get together to discuss our experiences and thoughts with no expectations that we will impact the story line or get “messed with”, but most importantly to foster the relationships we have because I being involved with the experience. I may never get a call or may never be publicly humiliated (both of which I would love) but I have a few new friends, and even though they might say they are not fun or kind, I disagree and will appreciate attending events I never knew about (hopefully) long after this is just a story I tell people who think I’m crazy for joining it.

Maranda
      Participant

Remember that we’re still only in Chapter 1, and it’s only May. Not every moment will be action-packed, this ain’t that kind of movie, bruv. Not everyone will be a “main character,” and that’s ok — some folks will be asked to play a supporting role to tell the larger story.

scot
      Participant

@izryn Yes. What you said. And I’m just glad to be here to read and watch it happen in real time. And I have more close friends than I did when I started.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@confuseddude

I completely understand your frustration, I truly do. With that being said, I would just like to say that you getting a personal phone call from Noah, due to a prank your friend pulled on you is basically unheard of. You are very lucky to have had that happen and everyone was rooting for you because there are a lot of other people who had similar things happen who didn’t get that luxury. I would imagine that the people who DID get tension tattoos are probably not taking your comment lightly, since it kind of comes off as mocking. I’m new as well and I want things to happen, but this kind of post is not the way to go about it. My advice to you is to stay active on the forums, fb and even twitter or IG. Life gets in the way sometimes but we are only at the very beginning…. give it some time man ✌?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@confuseddude Pretty much what everyone else has said. This show is going to last MONTHS. We’re still in the first act here. Characters are still being introduced, the stage still being set for what’s to come.

Just wait ’til we get to the third act. Something tells me it’s going to be wild.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Megan
      Participant

Hey guys I just got home, I was on my feet for 13 hours painting today lemme check in and see what’s up with Lust for the first time allllll day…

First off, let me say that I really DO like this.

Good!!!! Me too!!!

I think the community itself is insanely awesome!

It’s like we’re the same person!!!

So far I have been able to attend a few meet ups, and the registration AND a call from Noah himself.

Oh, wait…NOT the same person. You got to attend registration? That’s fucking awesome dude. Some of us didn’t get to do that but we loved hearing about it.

I hope this doesn’t sound like complaining.

Got bad news for you there.

And maybe I am just need to be more patient, but when does this ramp up? I remember reading all about this insane crazy universe last year. Hearing people got followed in cars, and their phones rang with their friends numbers, and just insane things.

So, here’s the thing. All of last year is really well documented. And what needs to be kept in mind is that it happened over a period of nine months. I could be wrong, but I believe the only account of someone being followed in a car was from the early days, one of the horror website writers leaving a consultation. Two people had phones ring with their friends numbers. So yeah. Those are things that happened. Yeah it was awesome and insane but it wasn’t ALL THE TIME. There were huge chunks of time when nothing happened at all, which made the times when things *did* happen all the more surprising. One thing I have to say is that this year is WAAAAAYYYY more “ramped up” than last year. At this point last year we had the first big live event, the donut mixer (May 28 was the day that Russell got the cat bear). This was the point when Addison actually became a real character. Up until that point there had only been one event – the hood one – and phone calls, in the period after the consultations.

I guess I don’t know what your definition of “real” or “crazy” is but maybe that’s where the issue is. First of all, you need to remember that this is being run by a limited number of people. Last year it was run by just two. And they’re doing it without charging us. So go to your local animal shelter, adopt a kitty, and make a new friend.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@confuseddude Dude, I have a Tension tattoo and you’ve had way more interaction than I have. Patience, my friend.

Briana
      Participant

@coryphella you are my hero.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

You’ve paid nothing to be a part of a crazy ARG that is going to continue for months. There’s a ridiculous number of players – some who haven’t even gotten a single interaction – and you’re complaining that the red carpet isn’t being rolled out for you?

How about some patience, dude?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay guys before this goes on further I’m locking this thread.

I understand the want to vent about nothing happening and I understand people wanting to defend something they are passionate about.

This only leads us to distract from the game though and it’s already gone on too long, so let’s move on.

Viewing 11 reply threads

The topic ‘VENTING’ is closed to new replies.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar