Mason Just Called and… (9/1)

This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

In the car with Amanda. No Caller ID. Great. Try to keep it in your pants, Creeper Caller…

“Larry. Stop recording.”
      “I’m not. I’m in the car.”
      “Mason.”
      “Hey Mason. How are you?”
      “Sounds like an actual cult, doesn’t it? The contrast is that a dangerous cult uses the words of freedom to create control of the individual. “The Tension Experience” uses the language of freedom, within an illusory construct, to deliver that freedom and return us to the real world, transformed.

The subtext of this piece is that disconnecting forms of communications is poisoning our culture. We have become a living, perpetual Milgram Experiment. Human contact is being severed and, with it, the capacity for compassion and discovery for oneself and others.” [He was quoting the article I wrote after my 2nd visit]

And then he said:

“You don’t actually believe this shit that you’re selling?”
      “Well, as you were reading, all I could think was this written by some guy who either needed a drink, or to get laid. Probably the latter”

At which point he started crying. Or laughing. I couldn’t tell which.

“Mason, are you laughing or crying?”

Amanda whispers, “I think he’s crying”.

“You’re crying! Mason…!”

He hangs up before I can get in my punchline…

“There’s no crying! There’s no crying in immersive theater!”

I’m now leaning towards one Mason, an unstable and lonely conspiracy theorist, living in Mom’s basement. Who still might be onto something.

The voice: Nasal, almost like a stand up comedian. Not recognizable, yet familiar. It was his delivery that made it familiar. Almost like Garry Shandling, if that makes sense?

Jackie
      Participant

There goes normal.
      More and More, whatever 8pm sounds like is going to be volatile

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

As long as @joycecarlberg doesn’t give us any bullshit.

Remember @joycecarlberg, you can’t spin a spin doctor!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Did dude leaves me more and more confused with every call. Do you feel like he’s someone who we should be cautious with?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

No. He’s harmless. These guys fall into pretty much the same profile.

Of course, watch as he bursts in on Joyce’s stream with an axe.

Sage
      Participant

I think you hurt his feelings with the “needs to get laid” comment. He seems socially awkward with some sexual issues that need to be worked through. I think he also might need a therapist.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

See? @larry gets it!

He could be a basement dweller…but right now, I’m sticking to my theory that he’s the antisocial investigator that was sent to investigate this rabbit hole cause his co-workers couldn’t stand him.

Shaun
      Participant

@larry do you think you made him cry because you referenced (not) getting laid or do you think it’s totally unrelated?

Maybe Mason is the new Addison we need to save!

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I feel like Mason is gradually turning into Philip Seymour Hoffman in Happiness.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@bcbishop It occurs to me I buried the lede. I wrote to Mason last nite telling him I knew 5 Tension actors and while I doubt anything they told me would be of help, he was welcome to contact me. Then he did, and basically said I was full of shit and he started crying. Seems counterproductive.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Just got a call from No Caller ID after the stream ended…

Mason was on the other line as I assumed he would be. He immediately brought up my comment from the FB live stream of him being shorter than I thought… He asked how tall I was and I said 5 foot. He mocked me saying that I didn’t really have room to talk about him being short LOL (He has a point, but if you’re a man and I think you’re short, then you’re short) 😉

Anyways, he started referencing things said on slack at that moment. As you guys were talking about @wanda102 dying tonight and so on, he was saying your names and reading what you were saying. Basically he wanted me to know, and most likely tell you all, that he was watching slack, and probably always is. And I guess he doesn’t like to be made fun of? I asked him why he called me and he told me to have a good night and hung up lol Not much of a talker when he’s busy planning a murder…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mason also called me because he had read my comments and he didn’t like how mean I was. He told me he hadn’t done anything to warrant my comments. Then he mentioned, “Word to the wise: sticks and stones…” Then made a psycho laugh before hanging up.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar