Instagram Posts 2/2/18 – ???

This topic has 22 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 2 months ago by Kevin.

• Author
       Megan
      Participant

Starting on 2/2, someone started posting images on the LUST Instagram, one per day, which appear to be tiles in a larger picture. They contain some of the same alchemy imagery that we’ve seen in the MSE pages and other places, and appear to also show large black numbers.

The first piece showed the First Pentacle of Jupiter, one of the Seals of Solomon.

@blondie
      is currently doing a ton of research into the imagery, alchemy, its meaning, etc.

I’ve started a google doc with the pieces, and I’ll add to it as we get more. If you go to the Experiences Slack, it’s linked in the #on-topic channel (also pinned).

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Minor update from Slack.

Earlier today there was some discussion about the origins of the various symbols in this Instagram puzzle (and if you haven’t noticed, @blondie is killing it in tracking down the origins of so much of the imagery from this thing, and the book pages, etc). We’ve been talking in general how a lot of it seems to be co-opted/lifted from other sources, so I made a dumb joke (surprise!) about how I could see One-Eyed Willie’s doubloon from The Goonies in the puzzle imagery as well.

The message was almost instantly deleted. So fast that I wondered if I hadn’t hit “enter”. So I posted it again — and again, instantly deleted.

From there, @a seemed to go on a general deletion spree, striking comments from a number of people (yes, including @kingkill33). Finally @kevin floated this idea:

If we want to swing it really back on topic, Bryan’s assertion that he could find a Goonies reference in there could support the idea that the whole document is bullshit so references that it doesn’t mean anything are getting wiped.

@a appeared to be typing several things in response, but nothing ever manifested — and the deletions stopped. Take that as you will.

Kevin
      Participant

Update from Slack:

A new IG post popped up, but it didn’t match where we thought it would.

Then A showed up in Slack and said, “You don’t see it because you believe you already have it. First, admit you know nothing. And then move toward education.”

Two more IG posts (with some indecipherable writing) went up (and it looks like they belong on top of the others) between responses from A and then they said:

“What happens when the looking glass sees through to the other side?”

About 45 minutes later they chimed in again:

“who is pulling whose strings?

am I?

not this time

i’ve changed

have you?

i have missed this, soon, I will miss the silence.”

I commented that this sort of sounded like Mason and A gave me a thumbs down emoji.

@daela
      suggested A could be III and they responded with an exploding head emoji.

A then bid us all, “night”. It looked like they were typing something a little bit later, but they never posted anything.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Thanks for this recap, @kevin. Really useful for those of us that weren’t in Slack tonight!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

The fourth tile of our new mystery phrase dropped this morning — and it turns out our very own @blondie called this one in Slack last night like a MF’ing rock star: “They burn with the fire of charity.”

I’ll let Blondie elaborate on the potential implications she uncovered when she’s online, but here’s the completed phrase for visual reference for now:

Blondie
      Participant

The way I’ve been doing this is image by image so I think that’s probably a good way to share my research too… Please note, my research largely consists of persistent googling and saving pictures/relevant passages of text (even though in some cases, I may have lost the original source…). I’m not going to include theories, just my findings. We can discuss theories after I get all this out to you guys.

Sit down and relax… This may take a while…

Image 1: 2/2/18 – half an “8” – The First Pentacle of Jupiter

Insta pic 2/2

“The Key of Solomon is divided into two books. It describes not the appearance or work of any spirit but only the necessary drawings to prepare each “experiment” or, in more modern language, magical operations.
      Unlike later grimoires such as the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum (16th century) or the Lemegeton (17th century), the Key of Solomon does not mention the signature of the 72 spirits constrained by King Solomon in a bronze vessel. As in most medieval grimoires, all magical operations are ostensibly performed through the power of God, to whom all the invocations are addressed. Before any of these operations (termed “experiments”) are performed, the operator must confess his sins and purge himself of evil, invoking the protection of God.
      Elaborate preparations are necessary, and each of the numerous items used in the operator’s “experiments” must be constructed of the appropriate materials obtained in the prescribed manner, at the appropriate astrological time, marked with a specific set of magical symbols, and blessed with its own specific words. All substances needed for the magic drawings and amulets are detailed, as well as the means to purify and prepare them. Many of the symbols incorporate the Transitus Fluvii occult alphabet.”

First Pentacle of Jupiter

Figure 18

Image 2: 2/3/18 – “0” – no imagery/shadow

Insta pic 2/3

Image 3: 2/4/18 – “7” – Hexagram and snake

Insta pic 2/4

In alchemy, the hexagram is made up of the two triangles that represent male and female. When combined, they represent unity.

Alchemical Union

“The Seal of Solomon is the signet ring attributed to King Solomon in medieval Jewish tradition, and in Islamic and Western occultism. It was often depicted in either a pentagram or hexagram shape; the latter also known as the Star of David in Jewish tradition.
      This ring variously gave Solomon the power to command demons, jinn (genie), or to speak with animals. Due to the proverbial wisdom of Solomon, his signet ring, or its supposed design, came to be seen as an amulet or talisman, or a symbol or character in medieval and Renaissance-era magic, occultism and alchemy.
      The legend of the Seal of Solomon was developed primarily by medieval Arabic writers, who related that the ring was engraved by God and was given to the king directly from heaven. The ring was made from brass and iron, and the two parts were used to seal written commands to good and evil spirits, respectively. In one tale, a demon, either Asmodeus, or Sakhr, obtained possession of the ring and ruled in Solomon’s stead for forty days.”

Image 4: 2/5/18 – “5” – Transmutation circle

Insta pic 2/5

A transmutation circle is what alchemists would use to transform one thing into another. Here is an example:

Example of transmutation circle

In our transmutation circles, the signs in first outer circle represent planets:

Alchemical planetary symbols

An arrow in a transmutation circle directs the energy. In this case, it is pointing down.

Knot behind the arrow is a quinquetra, or pentacle knot – 5 interlocking circles depicting the 4 elemental forces (fire, earth, air, water), coming together through a fifth, the human being.

Quinquetra

Image 5: 2/6/18 – Rest of “8” – Symbols

Insta pic 2/6

Still working on these – see alphabets below as a reference tool. Think they may be bastardised/stylised…

Image 6: 2/7/18 – “0” – More of snake from image 3/more shadow/completed arch

Insta pic 2/7

Seeing the completed arch, I’m reminded of a tracing board. “Tracing boards are painted or printed illustrations depicting the various emblems and symbols of Freemasonry. They can be used as teaching aids during the lectures that follow each of the Masonic Degrees, when an experienced member explains the various concepts of Freemasonry to new members.”

The archway is made up of two elements.

Pillars of Boaz and Jachin: “As the story goes, these two pillars were erected on either side of the entrance to King Solomon’s Temple in Jerusalem, which was built by King Solomon c. 10th B.C.E. according to God’s instructions.
      The symbolic significance of these twin pillars is not touched upon in Freemasonry, yet most modern authors say that in the original Hebrew of the Old Testament the word Jachin (the right hand pillar) means he will establish and Boaz (the left hand pillar) means strength.”

Keystone: “ a significant symbol in the York Rite of Freemasonry, where it figures in the unfolding symbolic tale of Hiram the builder. In masonic lore, Hiram is the inventor of the keystone, and its significance is lost upon his assassination. The ritual narrative centered around this stone recalls the biblical “stone the builders refused,” as the uninitiated, not knowing the purpose of the oddly-shaped stone, consign it to the rubbish heap. It is only rediscovered when King Solomon inquires after its whereabouts.
      The letters inscribed are short for the coded phrase: “Hiram The Widows Son Sent to King Solomon,” an obvious cipher, the meaning of which is likely lost.
      In masonry, the keystone is the stone that holds together a stone arch. The oddly-shaped keystone is a feat of early engineering, allowing builders to incorporate windows, doorways, and other building elements to a building without sacrificing strength. The main benefit of this innovation is to allow for much more natural light in a structure.
      Symbolically, the stone is the last placed, completing the arch created by the pillars Jachim and Boaz. It is analogous to coagulation in the alchemical process, an emblem of completion. Astrologically, the keystone represents the summer solstice- the sun entering the sign of Cancer at its highest point in the northern sky”

Example of an ancient tracing board

Image 7: 2/8/18 – No number – Heptagram

Insta pic 2/8

The heptagram is important in Western Kabbalah, where it symbolizes the sphere of Netzach, the seven planets, the seven alchemical metals, and the seven days of the week. The acute heptagram (which is what we have here) is also a symbol of magical power in other Pagan religions, and is used in predictive numerology (the Star of the Magians). The obtuse heptagram was used as a symbol in the Kabbalah, and later by AleisterCrowley (the Star or Seal of Babalon) and the Ordo Templi Orientis (the Star or Seal of Babylon). The heptagram is also used in Christianity to symbolize the seven days of Creation and became a traditional symbol for warding off evil, thus the reason that most sheriff’s badges are obtuse heptagonal shaped. Also the symbol of perfection (or God) in many Christian religions.

Star of Babylon

Star of Babylon - systems

Image 8: 2/9/18 – “2” – Moon phases

Insta pic 2/9

Moon phases

Image 9: 2/10/18 – “8” – Symbols

Insta pic 2/10

Again – still working on these…

Image 10: 2/12/18 – “6” – Rest of the snake/possibly some symbols?

Insta pic 2/12

Images 11-14: 2/13-14/18 – “THEY BURN WITH THE FIRE OF CHARITY”

“The seraphim took on a mystic role in Pico della Mirandola’s Oration on the Dignity of Man (1487), the epitome of Renaissance humanism. Pico took the fiery Seraphim—”they burn with the fire of charity”—as the highest models of human aspiration: “impatient of any second place, let us emulate dignity and glory. And, if we will it, we shall be inferior to them in nothing”, the young Pico announced, in the first flush of optimistic confidence in the human capacity that is the coinage of the Renaissance. “In the light of intelligence, meditating upon the Creator in His work, and the work in its Creator, we shall be resplendent with the light of the Cherubim. If we burn with love for the Creator only, his consuming fire will quickly transform us into the flaming likeness of the Seraphim.”

The symbols underneath the script look similar to demonic sigils:

Demonic sigils

Working to find an angelic equivalent, but I found the following:

Angelic symbols

ALPHABETS I HAVE FOUND — USEFUL:

Alchemical:

Alchemical Table

Phoenician and Ancient Greek:

Phoenician and Ancient Greek

Theban and the 3 Agrippan Alphabets – Celestial/Angelic, Malachim and Transitus Fluvii (Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, Third Book of Occult Philosophy, 16th century):

Theban and Agrippan

Enochian (John Dee/Edward Kelley):

Enochian

Lauren Bello

The completed Instagram image contained a phone number. Calling the phone number led to a recording of a computerized female voice, which said,

“Change is upon us. Welcome to your new path.” She then quoted a URL: “http://bit.do/thechildshallsaveusall”

Going to the URL led to a jpeg puzzle, which when solved revealed further instructions.

The question has been raised on Slack as to whether the puzzle is a proselytization tool for the OSDM, or something else. It doesn’t seem to fit the OSDM MO, but…change is upon us.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Lauren Bello. Reason: updated with URL
         Unseen Presence
        Participant

I don’t have the experience to know what is the “OSDM” MO–but I think the outcome of the puzzle would be REALLY strange if it was anything other than OSDM proselytization. I mean, I guess it -could- be yet another step from the resistance–but why not just make that CLEAR?

Is there anyone running around who would be easily fooled by that NOW?

And here we are, back and I’m instantly again asking “Why?” 🙂

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

It doesn’t seem to fit the OSDM MO, but…change is upon us.

Well said, @daela. Not only is this not the kind of tactic that OSDM usually uses, but I think it’s non-spoilery to add that several elements of this chain seem very reminiscent of the work done by BOS/TMC/Morgan.

Are we supposed to recognize that? Is Morgan now officially supporting OSDM? Is somebody impersonating Morgan? Was this a BOS allegiance test (and did people fail in the rush to engage)?

Left with a lot of questions on this one. Time will tell.

Lauren Bello

Was this a BOS allegiance test (and did people fail in the rush to engage)?

Oddly, part of me is grinning like a doof at this suggestion…and this makes no sense, because if it is an allegiance test and BOS was supposed to prove their allegiance by not engaging, I have 100% failed. I guess this idea excites me because it conjures up the old Tension days, when everyone was reporting each other to the Omega Council, guarded and on edge.

That said, I don’t *think* that’s what this is. Morgan himself stood in the red room at the compound with me and pretended with me to join the OOA. He could hardly penalize any of us for doing the same in this situation. Information gleaned can be useful to both sides.

Blondie
        Participant

Quick thought before bed – they could be mimicking successful engagement tactics? “What do these people like?” “Oh I know! Puzzles!”

Maranda
      Participant

If memory serves, we haven’t had a real puzzle like this from the osdm since the Tension days. I wonder what’s changed?

Argentrose
      Participant

Just as an aside, I really feel like the three posts that came before the last two numbers don’t seem to fit with the other numbered/shadowed tiles. The writing is …messy, and difficult to decipher, whereas the numbered/symboled/shadowed pieces seem easier to “read”. I feel as though those messily written pieces are a reply to the puzzle pieces that contained the clue for tonight’s shenanigans.

Is the “They” that the upper pieces are referring to the OSDM? Or is it the OSDM referring to the BoS? Did the BoS or TMC send this message, or was it, ostensibly the OSDM? I don’t believe we have enough information to actually sort any of that out, and so the only way to actually learn anything is TO engage with this little puzzle. I’d ask if anyone else found the word scramble interesting–and the words used intriguing, but I’ll leave that for a few more days to simmer.

In the mean time, …I’ll be waiting, and I’ll be watching. It was nice to see that TPTB were seeking to bring us together on Valentine’s Day…whoever they are. Even if it was just to play with puzzles and get us working toward something…together.

~~ AR

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I find this whole thing very strange. The puzzle was very simple. If it was OSDM who created it, why are they suddenly using recruiting tactics pulled from Highlights for Children, just to get something from us that they already have or can acquire very easily? If it was BOS, well, same question. A word scramble? Adorable, but weird.

Unseen Presence
        Participant

That’s a good point.

But at the same time, if it’s someone -new-, then:

A) That means we have to start all over again with some new ‘group’, and at this point I feel like most people would be so suspicious of them that it’d be hard to get them (whomever they are) to gain any traction

B) They’re taking a tremendous risk using the name OSDM if they are not, aren’t they?

C) That means also that someone else ‘stole’ the Instagram account from whomever had it before. Which -might- be why it went private, actually–and why the FB account went dead for a moment and then came back. The Creators/whomever owned both accounts to begin with got ‘hacked’ and was able to recover one account (FB) but not the other.

My point being, it seems equally strange for it NOT to be one of the groups we already know. 🙂

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

My point being, it seems equally strange for it NOT to be one of the groups we already know.

True — but what else have we learned recently? That Darren and Clint had apparently grown uneasy with the bargain they had made, and were trying to subvert… someone… as far back as the Skid Row System event.

Given that information, them bringing in or aligning with some other party — while keeping the illusion of “The Experience” alive for their own personal business reasons — could make sense. The Investors are out; long live The New Investors.

But I also agree with @coryphella: groups and allegiances as we think of them may be better left behind at this point. We are all on a new _path, and as always, our actions as individuals will determine what happens to us next.

Violet
        Participant

“Adorable but weird” is a really good description @remrelganaps. I love word puzzles, but WHY?? Why rehash old tactics if things are new & changing? But I don’t think we’re looking at a new group for that reason, along with the reasons @unseenpresence brought up.

Megan
      Participant

I am much more intrigued by @blondie’s research and the meaning behind it than the puzzle itself. I have zero interest in following a group at this point.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Megan.
         Violet
        Participant

Same. I’m really not here for groups or sides or whatever. But all of @blondie’s research and potential meanings there?? THAT I’m into.

Unseen Presence
        Participant

Wholeheartedly agree that -overall-, all the symbology and potential ramifications of such that @blondie put together is of the most significant interest to me.

But then again, if individual actions are what will ultimately matter–if those actions also include choosing/picking/making sides, I expect them to continue to exist and matter as well.

Violet
      Participant

We are all on a new _path, and as always, our actions as individuals will determine what happens to us next.

This. Yes.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I think this is the real OSDM. While they haven’t thrown us puzzles in a long time, the very first few weeks of Tension (leading up to the initial round of consultations) were puzzle based.

Since this is supposed to be the new dawn of something, it makes sense that they would draw people back into the fold through clandestine puzzles again. I stand by my theory that Lust will no longer be called Lust when the rebirth happens. The demise of their Facebook and the private Insta account suggest the OSDM is re-branding.

Kevin
      Participant

A word scramble? Adorable, but weird.

I’m not sure it was intended to be difficult. Along with the art doled out over a period of time, ending with a quote, and then words from Tension and Lust, we got a reminder of what led us to this point. I’m curious about the email address because surely we don’t need outreach at this point. (As @kasch suggests though, it could just be a relaunch of their new brand.) We’ve never been told what’s going on, but we have been told that everything is about to change. Maybe what got us to this point will or won’t matter, but it’s all alive with possibility at this point.

I’m very interested in the placement of the first and last word on the list though. Does it all start with the first and end with the last? Or is it just a beginning? The New Dawn?

Given that information, them bringing in or aligning with some other party — while keeping the illusion of “The Experience” alive for their own personal business reasons — could make sense. The Investors are out; long live The New Investors.

I don’t think it would be so easy to extricate themselves from the OSDM and continue running The Experiences without some major consequences.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar