–in response

This topic contains 95 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Maranda 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Chloe 
    Participant

@coryphella Makes me think of a Hunger Games type of game/scenario. We are the food, the money investment, or even just the entertainment to the investors. They watch us scrabble to find meaning in everything while they laugh and watch and feed off of whatever they can from us.

@joycecarlberg I won’t ask you for answers, because that doesn’t seem to be what you want to hear. I’ll play my cards and wait, although I’m not sure I or any of us are going to end up wanting to see whatever answers we’re waiting for.

Buz Wallick 

Oh @joycecarlberg

Have you learned nothing from last year? Obviously you’ve been around, obviously you’ve seen what goes on with us… obviously you know our habits, likes, dislikes…

You seem to be completely taken aback by the reactions of the few and the many. Why is that? You test and test and test… our emotional response should be completely predictable at this point yet here you are making snide comment after snide comment.

So we’re your currency and your food. It sounds like then, to me and anyone paying attention, that you have no power here. Because without us, you are poor and starving.

Watch yourself when you choke out those passive aggressive comments.

Sometimes they choke back.

Kevin 
    Participant

Thanks for making that point @thebuz. A lot of the discussion was centered around their investment in us, but this looks to be a two way street. What appears to be the H.C.D.I is asking us to invest in them and then they’ll invest in us. @joycecarlberg didn’t bother to explain what that meant and then said we were just food and likened us to house flies. It looks like they need us a lot more than we need them, so what’s to be gained with that attitude. Maybe it elicits some kind of emotional response, but does it also risk driving people away? How does that old saying go, “You catch more flies with honey than vinegar”?

Or maybe Joyce and the other investors got exactly what they were looking for. The attitude didn’t even matter as everyone (myself included) happily jumped over to Slack to provide them even more emotional data.

Buz Wallick 

@kevin

I agree with them that the “pedestrian” rule of Only the Active Move Forward is the most basic agreement we can all live by.

However I do not respond well to threats or condescending attitudes. If @joycecarlberg wants to keep her head on straight than she’s going to have learn that it is indeed a two way street. And that while we may jump through the hoops now for them without much second thought… that only goes so far before we rise up together as One.

She says we’re food… well I prefer to think of us like Sid’s toys from the first Toy Story. We’re beaten, tortured, mutilated, and at first glance we’re horrifying.

But at some point… one of these toys is going to turn it’s head around and whisper… “Do. Not. Mess. With. Us.”

Fuck you Woody

Hannah Schenck 
    Participant

@kevin @thebuz She definitely underestimates us (which I welcome) because the day will come when @joycecarlberg thinks she has beaten us down and we will pull out those cards we are hiding in our back pocket and rise up just like you said

Buz Wallick 

Just realizing I should have used the Bugs Life analogy rather than Toy Story.

I HAVE SO MUCH PIXAR METAPHORS TO CHOOSE FROM.

Bryan Bishop 
    Participant

Hi @joycecarlberg – although some can read your words as brash, I have to say: I agree with you on the weaponizing concept. Real-time id explosions are petty and pointless; something with intent… well that’s a different story.

I can’t help but notice you mentioning your mother. Did you two have a contentious relationship? Perhaps we can discuss further in person.

JoyceCarlberg 
    Participant

@thebuz so full of pep and vigor. Your threats and innuendo are not lost on me. It is an open secret that our eyes and ears are everywhere so I will just say that yes, I have seen you choke many things but most of them are entirely too small to be of any consequence to me.

Sean 

Holy shit screw what I said earlier, @joycecarlberg is fuckin’ hilarious

Bryan Bishop 
    Participant

ALWAYS WATCHING, @thebuz.

Buz Wallick 

@joycecarlberg

so I will just say that yes, I have seen you choke many things but most of them are entirely too small to be of any consequence to me.

Ain’t no one needs to know your weekend viewing material, Joyce.

Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

So…. is that why @thebuz only has one z and not two?

Kortney 
    Participant

@joycecarlberg could punch me in the face and I would thank her. Love this attitude.

Lauren Bello 
    Participant

I can’t help but notice you mentioning your mother. Did you two have a contentious relationship? Perhaps we can discuss further in person.

The iConfidant questionnaire told us, “Think of the one word that describes the relationship you feel with your mother.” Stacey’s example answer was “empty”.

And last year, of course, Tension’s questionnaire asked about our relationships with each of our parents.

Everyone in these data-harvesting experiments seems extremely interested in getting us to expound on our parental relationships. Part of me doubts that Joyce really has such a contentious relationship with her “jeweled scarecrow” mother at all…someone mocking us for being so open probably isn’t going to let slip such personal info right away. This feels more like a ploy to make herself seem human to us, or even to get us talking about parental relationships again. I’m not buying it.

Andrew Kasch 
    Participant

Silly @joycecarlberg

You come into our camp and speak only in detached philosophy and platitudes. But you have made no effort to connect with us or tell us what you offer. Even a snake oil salesman has a pitch.

As brash and crazy as Noah was, he at least cut through the bullshit. Told us who he was and what he wanted and provided an antidote to the never-ending wave of cryptic proselytizers who have come and gone like flies (most of them having been swatted down violently).

Try harder.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Andrew Kasch.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar