Gibran quote

This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Kortney.

• Author
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Lust just shared the quote “Much of your pain is self-chosen.” -Kahlil Gibran

Thing to note is this is the first quote post since the end of the “prologue”, and it’s not a statue. Anyone recognize the work of art?

Maxwell R
      Participant

Funny story, a copy of The Prophet found me when I was moving out a couch in college, a tattered leather bound copy of the book fell out of the bottom. That book is life changing.

This has nothing to do with anything but just found it strange.

Kevin
      Participant

According to an image search, it’s The Death of Socrates.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So wait, we have a painting go up that depicts a person dying by drinking poison, on the same day we get an odd message from a user with the same first name as the leader of the Jonestown “drink the kool-aid” massacre?

SUS

Cristen
      Participant

Fun fact: it was Flavor Aid, not Kool Aid. Oh Yeah.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@wanda102 You’re a girl after my own heart.

Lukas L
      Participant

The quotes used to be black and white statues. This quote is a painting in color. Wonder if this theme will continue. “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

From the wikipedia :

In this story, Socrates has been convicted of corrupting the youth of Athens and introducing strange gods, and has been sentenced to die by drinking poison hemlock. Socrates uses his death as a final lesson for his pupils rather than fleeing when the opportunity arises, and faces it calmly.[1] The Phaedo depicts the death of Socrates and is also Plato’s fourth and last dialogue to detail the philosopher’s final days, which is also detailed in Euthyphro, Apology, and Crito.

I think Darren or Clint is about to die, ya’ll. Or someone is, anyway.

And that someone might calmly face death directly instead of running like we expect them too, ya’ll.

The dude casting the show of shadows (Plato) while trapping us in a cave is telling the story about a guy who was put to death for convincing young people that fake god’s existed using his shadows.

Guys, what if everything in Tension was just a shadow meant as entertainment? Have any of the shadows provided us with little more than entertainment value? I know @larry ‘s shadow came to sort of mock him and entertain us with fancy storytelling expanding on what he said. @mike and @russell ‘s shadows took over their podcast, but didn’t do much more (correct me here, as I am lacking knowledge on this particular instance not listening to the entire podcast yet). @meghanmayhem ‘s shadow posted to “entertain” us and rub it in that she sent the note without noah’s permission. @thebuz had a shadow, I saw it pop up, but I can’t remember anything except that his shadow loves ready player one…. I’m sure I’m missing some stuff with the shadows, but I don’t think any of them have tried anything too sinister. I could comfortably say the show they’ve put on so far has been sort of creepy maybe, but definitely seems to want to entertain (outside of the obvious that this is a play/experience – which is obviously pure entertainment value).

Couldn’t everything at tension being a “shadow show put on to entertain us” fit perfectly into the sandbox we have so far for Lust? Is Darren calmly going to directly face his “death sentence” with the investors, opposite of what we’d expect?!!

Jackie
      Participant

@lukasrl

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Jackie.
       Lukas L
      Participant

@theladyj that is awesome! Thank you!

Kortney
      Participant

@wanda102 100% genuine thank you for that fact. I didn’t know that and I love it

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar