Coffee with Brad 10/25

This topic has 28 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by Cristen.

• Author
       Cristen
      Participant

I’m completely frantic right now and I’m going to try and get as much detail out as I can, but I just had coffee with Brad; he called me earlier in the day to ask if I wanted to meet up with him later tonight… And it’s not out of the ordinary for him and I to hang out, we’re neighbors and friends.

So I go and meet him and he’s dressed in nice work clothes he looks clean cut with his glasses on, a button down shirt, and slacks. I tell him he looks great and ask if he’s just come from work. “Something like that,” says. I think I said “OK weirdo.” We go inside the coffee shop near our apartments and I get a coffee (he was nice enough to buy it for me,) we have some small talk about our day and haunt season in the dark Harbor and things like that. Then we go and sit down.

Context: Yesterday after all of us had bought our Anointment tickets Lust asked us to share a status on Facebook with the ticket link explaining what we desired. I noticed that Brad had shared it and written “I desire change,” and I commented on it saying “not truth?” If you’ve been on the forums r in Slack lately you know that Brad really wanted us to do the mychild vote for “truth” over “the one” which we eventually went with.

So he starts explaining why he said that. He says he wants to clarify a few things. He tells me he’s had a rough year with his work at E! that is boring and unsatisfying and he’s sick of playing the “same character” year after year at Dark Harbor. He’d been dealing with some depression, as have I in the earlier parts of this year, and all of that coupled with his stagnant lifestyle has led him to realize that, and I’ll quote him from here out

“change is really what I desire right now.” And “when I did get the new job for the next thing after E! it was like a weight lifted off. I mean, that’s kind of been my driving force the last few months is just like, I need change. As it is…it just wasn’t working for me. And that’s kind of why I wanted to talk to you so you know kind of the reasoning behind where I’m at right now. I wanted to talk to you because I know you’ve had a rough go of things as well and you know we’ve both had our…demons…and I figured you would kind of understand where you’re trying to fix things and it’s just like ‘when is it gonna get better?’ So I’m hoping that now that I’ve got my new job and I decided not to do Dark Harbor next year and I don’t have to worry about spending a sixth year as the SAME damn character. And you know, I’ve made some choices recently which led me to get that change rollingbecayde this year was…kinda rough. But today at lunch I got a fortune cookie that had a fortune on it that you might appreciate…”

And he hands me a fortune that says on one side “when in doubt, be yourself.”

And on the other side?

“Never Silent.”

@nothenrygale
      Morgan trusted you. We all did. What is going on?

Shaun
      Participant

Did @nothenrygale foreshadow his alleged betrayal by posting this Instagram photo this morning on Slack? When he posted it I thought it was a new photo but it’s from July.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

One of the most loyal. One of the bravest. @nothenrygale, what devil’s lie did they have you believe.

Cara
      Participant

Um… @nothenrygale Are you leaving BOS? What could possibly have been a strong enough incentive for that? You were a die hard.

Maranda
      Participant

We are speculating on Slack that something may have happened to Brad during his meeting with Mike. Maybe he got recruited. Two meetings, both over coffee. The common thread is Brad.

Cristen
      Participant

His silence is conspicuous and unsettling.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Make new friends, but keep the old.
      One is Silver and the other’s gold.

Chelsea
      Participant

I feel like Brad learned something important. He wanted change, and someone was able to show him a path that made sense to him. We don’t know what he knows exactly, but my god am I curious.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Brad LUSTED for change. Seems to me that he got it.

Alternatively, someone threatened to harm Sarah.

Kevin
      Participant

@chelsea Wracking my brain trying to figure this one out too. I feel like even if someone came to him and told him the BOS he believed in was a lie created by OSDM again, he would have tried to be involved in a BOS that was totally separate. So what the hell happened?

Chelsea
        Participant

@kevin Maybe it’s more simple. Brad told @wanda102 “…didn’t want to play the same character. …tired of being stagnant, etc.” Maybe it all just comes down to a change. Maybe he was told that BOS is a lie, but I agree that then they would probably just gather round for more of the mission is what’s important talk. Maybe he started viewing BOS as a stagnant parallel.

Sage
      Participant

I can’t lie, I’m a little tickled that Brad went rogue. He was certainly the most predictable, so I’m glad he took a risk and did something crazy. Go Brad?

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

After a night of thinking about it, I feel like I’m going to ground myself from thinking the worst. Something has happened to @nothenrygale and @russell, but we have yet to see anything truly concrete. Just suits, vague notions of possible betrayals, and unsettling warnings. But even if they did do something super definitive like @mike I choose to trust their path.

In the words of Ubisoft’s assassins creed “Nothing is true, everything is permitted.”

Melissa
      Participant

While the change bit is an allusion that Brad and gone rouge, it not firm confirmation that he turned away from BOS. Morgan also dressed in suit during the TMC reveal, if I recall correctly. If anything this can be indicator that BOS is moving forward with something? There’s so much we don’t know.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Well good morning everyone! Sorry about the disappearance last night. I finally gave that Paperclips game a go and oh boy were you all right! I understand there are some questions about last night, so I’m here to give you some answers.

*Why the coffee?*

@mike
      bought me some coffee and I figured I’d return the favor.

*Why the nice clothes?*

What, one can’t enjoy some night time coffee in style?

*But what about the glasses?*

My eyes are awful. I wear contacts but those things can dry out. Figured I should give them a rest and rock the glasses.

*Why Cristen?*

As I told her, this has been a rough year for myself. I feel like I’ve been fighting some personal demons this year and have been trying to “right the ship” so to speak. Cristen had a similar period earlier this year and came out of it an even bigger badass than before. I admire that. I figured if anyone among us could understand what I’ve been going through, it was her.

*Are you getting that change you desire?*

Slowly but surely. As I mentioned I start a new gig next month. No @bruinbown the San Jose trip isn’t the new gig, just a much needed road trip before I start the new job. A mental refresher of sorts. I don’t hope to change myself, but rather change of environments to make sure I can get things back on track personally.

*So what’s with the fortune cookie?*

Truth be told, I needed to make sure @wanda102 told everyone about what I said. I needed her to understand what I was telling her was important enough for everyone to know. BOS has admitted before that using some of the OSDM’s tactics to help get to the truth is in their playbook. I figured I’d take a small page and add a bit of theatrics with that prop to convey “Hey boo, make sure this gets to the forums.” Plus, the fortune really does sound like good advice for ALL of us moving forward.

*But what about the BOS?*

What about it?

*Aren’t you with them?*

Yes indeed. Never left em.

*What was your favorite moment of the meeting with Cristen that she left out of her post?*

Oh that’s gotta be when she commented on my attitude as we went inside the coffee shop. “You’re acting like you own the place.” Hey Noah, you paying attention? Maybe you were right, confidence is key.

*So you’re done with all of this right?*

I’ll be seeing another one of you soon enough.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
         Chelsea
        Participant

I’ll be seeing another one of you soon enough.

But why? For what? Things aren’t making sense, @nothenrygale.

Violet
        Participant

Yeaaaahhh, that doesn’t sound ominous or sus at all. This doesn’t track. None of this makes any sense.

Cristen
      Participant

Ha @nothenrygale I did forget that bit. He showed me into the coffee bean as if he wa asking me to step into his office and he knows me well enough that I wouldn’t let odd behavior like that slide.

But dude. You’re seeing another of us soon enough? If you’re still with the BOS why does Morgan seem very unhappy with your behavior?

Melissa
      Participant

See? Brad didn’t leave the BOS!

P.S. if you have the means and can qualify @nothenrygale–LASIK. It’s freakin’ amazing.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@nothenrygale

I’m not BOS (or OSDM either) but I’m glad to see you back. I truly want to see you burn this motherfucker down.

Lia
      Participant

Brad meets Mike. Brad acts weird. Brad goes dark. Brad says “Nah, I’m good!”

This just got a whole lot more confusing. You’ve… reverse Russell’ed. He said everything was fine yesterday but Periscope last night says otherwise.

Are you all sundowning like the old people in The Visit?

Cristen
      Participant

It’s like Russ, Mike, and Brad are all different versions of their “characters,” now. To say I don’t like it is an understatement.

Melissa
        Participant

What seems a little scary is that as characters multiply–the ability to “spread the virus” gets worse and worse. Outbreak comes to mind @wanda102

Cristen
        Participant

Well, I don’t feel any different for now @mkarrett. Aside from the obvious confusion. Some virus huh.

Melissa
        Participant

Hm, maybe it’s not contagious to females? Longer incubation time? Mutation? Are you just lying to me? 😉

Cristen
        Participant

I have no secrets here, @mkarrett.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Well, @nothenrygale, I hope you enjoy San Jose and your new outlook on life.

Not at all suspicious…

Not even a little…

Kevin
      Participant

So, @nothenrygale, you ‘Never Silent’ someone about a coffee meeting where you just discussed changes in your life. Presumably because there’s some specific change that we should glean you’ve made based on your talk with Cristen, but you remain silent yourself. Why?

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar