8/2 Follow up call from Noah

This topic contains 34 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Winston Smith 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

Remember: this is The Lust Experience. What do you lust after, and why? What will you do to get it?
    I may be wrong about the Jesus parallel. Starting to seem more like…anti-Christ. Oh wait, that’s where we all started, right?

I’m going to shut up now and do as I’m told.

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

And maybe more relevant:

Buz Wallick 

@daela

To be 100% honest, I felt connected to him. It was a good call.

Out of everything we’re talking about, this is the only thing that is 100% true.

Maybe there isn’t more to it than that? Maybe.

Lia 
    Participant

Isn’t that enough, @thebuz? Many of the interactions so far have been one-sided information dumps or cryptic threats allowing us to peek into the unknown. Noah has been a little rough around the edges, but incredibly straightforward from day one. Incredibly real. If he is manipulating us, I highly doubt he’s just luring us into his father’s trap. I think @rizzzoooooo is right on the mark.

Winston Smith 
    Participant

Noah: Weakness can look like a strength in front of weak people.

I used to play a lot of poker. A huge component to the psychological side of the game is not really guessing exactly what your opponent has in their hand, but figuring out how your opponent feels about what they have in their hand. Are they strong, or weak? Confident, or nervous? If I know that they’re weak, then I can act strong, and bluff them off a hand. If they’re strong, I can get the hell out of the way, before I lose more money on a mediocre hand. Profit in poker is not about the money you win, it’s about the money you avoid losing.

One major tell that you learn early on is that “Strong = weak, and weak = strong.” When you’re trying to deceive someone, if you’re strong, you act weak, and if you’re weak, you act strong. The basis of your deception is that you’re acting the opposite to your true feelings about the situation. Of course, you might be saying…it wouldn’t be deceptive to act strong when you are strong, that’s the opposite of deception.

It makes sense. “If they were really so strong here, why wouldn’t they be trying to squeeze more chips out of me? Why act strong and chase everyone away from the hand, when what a strong hand would really want is more money in the pot?” When you act weak, it’s because you want to draw your opponents in, and not scare them off. It doesn’t feel deceptive to act strong when you are strong, and act weak when you are weak, that feels like honesty. When you’re doing it intentionally, to manipulate the actions of your opponent, it’s actually not based in honesty, it’s another layer of deception that superficially appears to be honesty.

What if someone knows you know this “rule” though, and acts strong when they’re strong, thinking that you’ll interpret it as weak. Now your opponent is one level above you in this weird flipping/leveling race. As long as your opponent is exactly one level ahead of your own thought process, you’re fucked, and they’re gonna eat your lunch. Every decision you make will be the wrong one, not because your opponent knows what you’re holding, but because they know how you feel about it, and can exploit those feelings to manipulate your actions in a manner that’s most beneficial to them, and least beneficial to you.

Are your feelings being manipulated, or exploited for someone else’s benefit? Are you playing this game on the same level as your opponent, or are you one level behind?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar