Worried For Megan…

This topic has 46 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by M..

• Author
       M.
      Participant

This is Megan’s story to tell. The details of it that is; and, I have no details about what has happened to her. But, I am very concerned for her and her safety.

Megan texted me earlier today to tell me that Mason would be calling tonight. We were on the phone when he went live on FB. Of course, we hung up and she said she would call when the feed was over or after his call came.

I knew he was in front of her house. There’s that gut feeling when you know something’s wrong… I knew this wasn’t good. I called her back immediately and asked if she was there. She was still at work and was walking home. She told me she did not want me to hang up on her. I told her I would stay on the line as long as she needed me.

Her voice is still stuck in my head, the way she sounded. I asked her if she knew if Travis, her husband, was ok. She said she called him and could hear him talking to Mason but he was not talking to her. She had hung up when I called her.

I have been trying to reach her over the last hour. She’s just gone. She’s not answering me. I feel fucking helpless because I don’t know how to reach her when she isn’t answering her phone.

I was on the phone with her when she walked up to the house and saw he was there. I could hear the anxiety in her voice. I could hear him say her name and speak to her in a low and calm voice but I couldn’t make out what he was saying.

Then, she got on the phone and said, “I have to hang up now.” And she was gone just like that. I cannot tell you how much this has fucked with me right now. Megan and I are real friends. She is not the kind of person to ignore me when I’m telling her I’m worried about her or that something is wrong. She always responds. It’s been over an hour now. I’ve called her and it goes straight to voice mail. I’ve texted her and she’s not replying. She hasn’t been on FB and isn’t opening my messages anymore. I’m scared.

This may not be the most eloquent post right now. I’m shaking and a bit emotional.

Shaun
      Participant

I wish I could say “everything will be fine” but her telling you “I have to hang up now” isn’t the worst thing she could have said under the circumstances.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

To add on to everything @michelle just said, this has been an extremely hard night, and I’m not sure what to do.

Obviously, Mason never stopped calling Megan once he started, even after the @chelsea outreach happened. I don’t know what he was saying to her, but I suppose it was enough of a bond for her to publicly side with him a few days ago. But that made sense to me; above all other things, @coryphella seeks pure emotion, and if Mason was able to move her emotionally, that would be a _path worth pursuing. (I sided with Joyce and OSDM for much the same reason.)

But everything about tonight has been off. Through Michelle, Megan asked me to reach out to her husband when she was in transit to make sure he was fine. I talked to him, he said all was good. I could hear Megan and Mason talking in the background.

Since then, she’s gone dark. Her not responding like this is not just uncharacteristic; I don’t think it’s happened a single time since we met.

I’ve reached out to her husband again, as well. No response.

It’s been a hard week, and if we’re going to get super real, there’s been tears shed over the past few days. If something has happened to @coryphella… I don’t know.

I just hope one of us hears from her soon.

Cara
      Participant

This is extremely unsettling.

Maranda
      Participant

At this point, as much as it sucks to say, I don’t think we’ll be able to reach Megan or her husband any way short of knocking on their door, or unless they reach out to us when they’re ready. We have to trust in their ability to defend themselves, be it through words or action.

@michelle
      your bond with Megan is stronger than anything a creep like Mason can do to break it.

Violet
      Participant

This is all so fucking insane. I hope one of you hears from her soon. This not knowing, when we know what Mason’s capable of, is terrifying. And while some part of me wants to hope that this is all still some sort of emotional data gathering, I think we’re long past that now and this shit is very real. I can’t imagine what you’re going through @michelle, having to hear her on the phone like that. And @bcbishop not even being able to get hold of her husband…

This week has been fucking heavy. And I’ve a feeling it’s gonna get even worse before we’re through it.

Jackie
      Participant

Indeed, with messenger she’s always very prompt. Now, nothing is notified, seen, nor read.

I don’t want to imagine but I am forced to, imagine a like…very Funny Games, vibe. Even if he is temperamental now, how long before the shine wares off. I do imagine, if Megan has even a moment’s chance, she will absolutely gouge his face off.

Many many hugs @michelle

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Jackie.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Jackie.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Regrettably, there is a pattern of people we are close to going dark.

The good news is that most do seem to re-appear.

…Most.

Hoping @coryphella is fine….

Christine Barger
      Participant

I didn’t realize her husband was involved with all this.

M.
      Participant

@christineb Her husband hasn’t been involved. He’s not a partipart. But, it’s kind of difficult to be completely left out of things when a memeber of your household is involved as deeply as @coryphella. Lol

I didn’t fall asleep last night until after 2am. She called me at 5am and my phone was turned off. No voice mail. So, I have no confirmation she’s ok.

She hasn’t opened my FB messages. She hasn’t replied to any text messages. I noticed that prior to all this her read receipts were turned on. Now my messages are just saying “delivered.”

I’ve texted her again (not messaged) and have told her to call me. If she gets in touch with me, I will let you guys know.

Shaun
      Participant

Until you hear from her again (her voice) you can’t be sure who is reading the text messages. I sincerely hope she’s OK.

Even if you hear from her let’s just hope Mason doesn’t have a helmet of his own.

Violet
      Participant

Honestly though, we don’t even know if phone calls are legit at this point…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Yep, I wouldn’t trust that it was her unless one of us saw her, in person. Text can be faked. Even phone calls can be spoofed. Same with videos online. Until one of us sees her in person, it may not be her.

Which makes things difficult with her being so far from us.

Be safe @coryphella.

M.
      Participant

My worry for her has just leveled up 1000x. She called me. Didn’t say hello. Didn’t say my name. I don’t know this is intentional or not. I had to say hello a few times before she said something. It sounded like she may have been in a car. I thought I heard a blinker.

Her message to me: Don’t call me again.

Then she hung up before I could speak. I’ve tried reaching out to her after the call but my efforts aren’t going to get her to answer me, I know that.

For many of you, this wouldn’t seem like a big deal because you don’t really know her. But, she’s an actual friend of mine. She’s not someone I know on the boards or someone I’ve messaged in the game to get info from. She’s an actual friend who I have conversations with OOG. Now, she has told me not to call her again!?!

What the fuck @itsnotmason. What did you do? I know what she sounded like before she saw you. I know what you’ve been doing to her all week and how she’s reacted. I won’t betray anything that she has said to me in confidence over the last week but, fuck, I know she was not ok before she meet with you. I know that our friendship is fucking stronger than her simply telling me never to call her again. She would NEVER say that. She would NEVER just end our friendship.

@coryphella
      … I AM NOT GOING TO STOP! I am going to keep reaching out to you because I know you. I know you would never mean this or end our friendship. I don’t know if you’re in trouble or if he’s fucking brainwashed you. Just know, I am not going to sit idly by and do nothing because you told me to. Fuck that. Dammit. I just got back in the game. I was dipping my toes in. Now I’m swimming in the deep end without a life vest and it feels like I’m just learning to swim.

Violet
      Participant

FUUUUUUUUCK…I was afraid this very thing was gonna happen.

Keep trying @michelle…I know you won’t give up on your friend. We won’t either.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Holy shit… this is taking an exceptionally dark turn, even for Lust standards.

Cristen
      Participant

Damm, Michelle. All I can say is we have to trust that she either knows what she’s doing and is protecting you or she’s not in control of her own situation and we need to wait for an opportunity to help.

Don’t give up.

Drew Huntley
      Participant

Damn @michelle that is rough. I know it’s not much solace, but this does seem to be a pattern and others have gone through it before to a degree. Maybe just not at such an extreme level. This might be a good opportunity for you to chat with @larry about his experience with Stephanie.
      From the outside it’s starting to look like this is the pattern when an individual is “deprogrammed” and brought into Briarberg. I put that in quotes because I’m gonna assume it’s more on the reprogramming side of the gamut.
      I really do hope for the best for @coryphella and your friendship with her.

Russell
      Participant

@michelle, Megan and I chat every now and then about theater stuff – two theater nerds comparing notes, that level of stuff. I sent her a message before I turned in early this morning, but checking now, I noticed it has not been opened.
      I am not one to assume the worst case scenario first, even when someone like Mason is involved.
      Since you received the message you did… it may mean Mason has given her a mission of some kind that she must go silent until it is done. Maybe it is not Mason closing this chapter… maybe it’s @coryphella

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Thanks for sharing this @michelle, though I can’t tell you how much I wish I didn’t read what you wrote.

I went to sleep last night with a heavy heart, hoping I’d hear back from @coryphella when I woke up; nothing. Now I’m stumbling in and out of screenings in total confusion and sadness.

If I’m totally honest, my first instinct is to perhaps take a step back. Whatever this is that we’re all mixed up in, it’s taken a lot from some of us these past two weeks. It’s hard to ignore when you, as a 42-year-old dude, start breaking out into crying jags all the time.

But in one of the last conversations I had with @coryphella, I promised her I would never leave her in this thing alone. I don’t intend to break that promise.

Blondie
      Participant

Anyone who knows our rather explosive Tension history will probably find it surprising that Megan has become a close friend of mine – as I have felt more and more isolated of late, she has been one person I could look forward to messaging most days. I can back @michelle up on the effect Mason has had… And I feel awful that the last time Megan reached out to me, on Sunday, I was in a rather… Precarious situation and couldn’t talk ?

As people have said, we have seen this kind of “going dark” behaviour before and while I’m not gonna sit back if my friend is in danger, I trust @coryphella is a fighter and smart as hell and she’ll figure out a way to let us know if she needs us ❤

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@michelle This is upsetting. As you know, Steph called me said “You’ve ruined my life. I never want to see you again,” then texted me like nothing was wrong and denied calling me. It was her voice and it was her number. However, what she said has proven not to be true.

My hope is that this is an attempt to drive a wedge between you and @coryphella. It’s entirely possible you received the call from a spoofed number and this was an AI construction of her voice. Alternatively, she may have been instructed to do so – either as a first step towards deprogramming, or under duress.

I’m not sure why I feel optimistic about all this, other than when this happened to me, things turned out okay. I think Megan is okay, and our mutual concern for her shows the character of the community.

Addison
      Participant

This is beyond fucked. @michelle and @bcbishop you two are the best friends @coryphella needs right now. Thank you for staying vigilant.

Megan and I had been chatting about different pressure points “they” know about, and how “they” might try and get under her skin. Moments and interactions that previously seemed to be “true-OOG” that are suddenly back in play, even things down to weird web traffic patterns. The events of last night seem to confirm that nothing’s OOG anymore, at least not in any place where TPTB can reach.

The last few messages she sent last Friday 9/8 were “I am fucked,” “they’ve got me,” and “I’m nervous as fuck.” Now with the “no contact” phone call, and going completely dark.. this. is. fucked. up.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

She spoke with me earlier too about her worries. When I got the initial Mason email about ethics in immersive theater, she asked me about the letter. She told me she was writing an article on that very topic, but that there was no way they’d know she was doing so at the time.

I think the phrase “there’s no way….” is no longer applicable to what goes on here.

Mike
      Participant

Fuck…FUCK.

fuck

I just got a call from Megan’s number. Megan didn’t speak on the other end, but instead it was the voice of a little kid. It was hard to understand, but one thing that I heard crystal clear was “And the car smelled funny”.

FUCK

I don’t know if she was talking to me or just in the background and I was overhearing it, but I’m pretty positive it was Megan’s new step daughter/Mason’s daughter.

Reading about what happened, I was stoked. Like, this is everything we always wanted…like super cool “The Game” type of shit, but this call shook me. Hearing a little kid talk about the smell of their dead mother is not something I expected to hear today.

fuck

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Guys…. what the fuck have we gotten ourselves into…

Chelsea
      Participant

Holy shit, @mike. This is insane.

Confirmed. The car did, in fact, smell funny.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

This would suggest that either 1) this chapter isn’t really over yet, or 2) the notion of neatly defined chapters has been destroyed

Violet
      Participant

FUCK @mike…that is seriously fucking unnerving. Holy shit.

I wonder if she was telling Megan about saying goodbye to her mommy…and I literally got chills just typing that.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Damn, it has officially jumped to a whole nother level.. and that’s saying a lot after what happened last night.

M.
      Participant

I appreciate everything that has been said here. @russell I hope you’re right about being optimistic.

I was doing something in the kitchen and couldn’t get to my phone in time. Fuck. I am not doing well right now. She called me again. I tried calling her back and I got the message “Your call cannot be completed as dialed.” WTF is going on? I had my daughter block my number to see if that is what it was. I don’t know if it’s different because we have ATT but I don’t get that message when blocked. It goes straight to voicemail. Maybe there’s a way to spoof that the number is no longer in service, I honestly don’t know.

@coryphella
      I’m going to assume that you get notifications from the boards when someone mentions your username. You’re not opening messages on FB. I don’t know if you’re reading texts messages to your number. Or even emails. You need to call me back. I am losing my shit right now. My phone is glued to my hand. I am not putting it down. I’ve set a special ringtone to your number. Please call me back! I am beginning to feel like I’ve let you down.

And I was typing this before I saw what you posted @mike… Jesus fuck… It may be time to pick me up off the floor.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by M..
       Cristen
      Participant

Christ @mike. It almost makes it sound like they’re on the run. I have to trust Megan knows what she’s doing. She has to be okay. She has to.

Chloe
      Participant

I don’t normally curse, but I think this warrants it. This is fucked up. This is fucked up. This is fucked up.

It’s one thing to see someone you know in the back of your head is an actor getting kidnapped or something, it’s a whole other thing when it’s one of us.

It’s also one thing to hear about Noah’s kid or Mason’s kid, but to hear their voice? Hear them talking about the car smelling funny because little do they know their dead mother is in the trunk?

This is fucked up.

Violet
      Participant

Fucked up seems to be just the tip of the iceberg now…

Melissa
      Participant

Holy shit @mike that is insane!!! I just hope for the kid’s sake that he/she is blissfully unaware of what exactly is going on and @coryphella is coming up with a brilliant plan.

M.
      Participant

It took me several attempts. The “Your call cannot be completed as dialed” message fucked with me and I was not about to stop trying to get a hold of her. I kept calling every few minutes and finally got her voicemail. I’ve left a voicemail for her again.

Mike
      Participant

@mkarrett

I just hope for the kid’s sake that he/she is blissfully unaware of what exactly is going on

This. So much. We don’t know what she’s seen, but if she’s seen things in the OSDM and/or her dead mother. That kid is going to be messed up and have issues in the future. I just hope she hasn’t been abused in any way.

Russell
      Participant

I agree with @mkarrett… we can hope the child is not fully aware of everything going on.

I get what you are insinuating @mike

I just hope she hasn’t been abused in any way.

If any portion of what Mason has hinted at actually unfolded and he still has control of this child, which he seems to… this child IS being emotionally abused right now.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I got out of a screening a few moments ago.

There was a call from @coryphella on my missed calls. The message was silent.

There was also an email from Mason, telling me to turn on my phone. I’ve responded and will update if I hear from either of them.

Looks like I’m keeping my phone on the rest of this festival. If that was actually you @coryphella – PLEASE call back.

Jackie
      Participant

I feel as if we have a lot in common now with the Nicoles and Andy Moms of the world.

If there was a car, or car noises, are they coming back to LA?

Lia
      Participant

@bcbishop I’m really hoping it’s Megan making those calls. Even if she was in trouble of some sort, it’s always better if she’s the one calling.

Keep us posted!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Lia.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants

I’m really hoping it’s Megan making those calls.

You and me, both.

Maranda
      Participant

I’m going to hold on to the belief that Megan is strong enough to fend for herself. I’ll trust in her to get through this safely. It’s Mason’s daughter I’m worried about most. Every minute is potential for abuse. (I really want to call CPS on this guy, seriously)

@michelle
      , I’m really sorry for what you are going through. I can’t claim to know how you feel, but if your friendship with Megan is as strong as it appears to be, she won’t betray you that easily. There’s something else going on that we’re unaware of.

Christine Barger
      Participant

Anybody heard from @coryphella yet? Does anybody know for sure she’s ok?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

So now that Megan is back in contact and you’ve spoken with her @michelle, what more can you tell us about the phone call you got from her telling you not to contact her?

Megan
      Participant

@christineb – I am back and safe. 🙂

M.
      Participant

@meghanmayhem

So now that Megan is back in contact and you’ve spoken with her @michelle, what more can you tell us about the phone call you got from her telling you not to contact her?

We didn’t discuss the phone call or the unanswered messages. She reiterated to me that she’s ok and she’s safe. Of course, I asked questions but she told me she doesn’t want to talk about it. All she wanted me to know that she’s safe. I’m going to trust her like @bcbishop has said. When she’s ready to talk to me, I know she will. Right now, I’m just happy that I was able to speak with her.

Viewing 46 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar