With whom are we dealing, here?

This topic has 50 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 1 month ago by Lukas L.

• Author
       Tom Hite
      Participant

So, clearly the OSDM is an information-gathering omnibus who is intent on cracking our personal makeup of all things prurient and lascivious… they know everything about us, and they seek nothing less than complete domination: can we say, perhaps, that we’re facing… the Illuminaughty?

Brian E
      Participant

The way I see it, Trump is our President and that makes fucking ANYTHING possible….. Maybe the pendulum swung too far in the other direction, and the OSDM is saying screw this were taking back what’s ours….

That’s my guess.

Tom Hite
      Participant

Interesting – so they might actually be going for an isolationist approach, where we wind up exploring ourselves? I guess that makes sense… The OSDM: making America ‘bate again.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion

LOL…I love you TOM!!!!!

Kyle Bown
      Participant

That dossier on Trump’s alleged Russian blackmail material is quite lascivious in and of itself. Not sure we can top some of that. Or bottom, for that matter.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Assuming this is related to the events of Tension, we have so many wild cards out there…

The OSDM and the Elders still exist.
      Characters like Michelle and Jenna are theoretically still active until we see otherwise.

Or this whole thing could be put on by a different faction entirely. It’s hard to put faith in any theory after the last year.

Mike
      Participant

Good point @kasch

Who is still alive…or…who did we not see die that could be a part of this?
      Jenna
      Michelle
      Jack
      Suit guy
      Sabrina
      Tom Barrow
      Margaret Barrow
      Benny (even though we never “saw” him)
      The “security” at the end of The End
      DLB
      Clint

Chelsea
        Participant

Also Samson. No one actually saw Samson die after the stabbing.

Melissa
        Participant

Talia, Mary, Joke Guy….

Lauren Bello

Oh, I really hope Talia is alive.

Maranda
      Participant

Who’s to say the actors from Ascension won’t be brought back as their “real” selves? That would break walls we’ve never seen broken before. The rules for this sort of thing are being made up as we go along, so anything could happen, really.

Blondie
      Participant

Dead never truly meant dead in The Tension Experience though. We saw people die repeatedly within the walls of the OOA – handlers, plants, Sentinels… They died gruesome deaths, only to be resurrected, only to be murdered again at “The End”. Who is to say their deaths were final this time? Maybe they merely represented the death of the OOA and they will rise again for LUST…

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Very true. A handler that committed “suicide” in front of me at Ascension came back for The End…only to die a second time. A ton of us saw Sentinel “die” only to discover that a ruse.

You never know.

M.
      Participant

Agree @blondie.. going through The End was devastating. But, how do we not know it wasn’t another illusion created by the OSDM. We’ve been fooled, lied to, so many times along the way by them.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

I posted in another channel, but to reiterate my thoughts from there. The End felt like an elaborate movie to elicit a response from us. When we left The End, the sets had already been striked, the actors and actresses had been dismissed, and Sabrina finally left the set. It was devestating, as @michelle and @blondie have stated, but it was all a ruse.

Lust is presented by the OSDM and is a new method, a new medium to judge our reactions. We are here, willingly giving them to them, but we are also learning about them.

thehazelverse
        Participant

??? Reality is perception and perception is an illusion.

——

Schrödinger’s cat

—–

BigstrokR67
        Participant

Young or old- Fat or thin. Short or tall-Handsome or plain. If your not having
        the success or satisfaction that you want, FIND OUT WHY!!! Contact today for a free consult http://noahsinclair.com

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Lest we forget:

“The monkey looked the buzzard right
      dead in the eye and said,
      Your story’s so touching, but it sounds
      just like a lie.”

It’s all a lie, friends. All of it.

OOA never meant “Oracular Order of Anoch”. It has always meant “Object Oriented Analysis”.

We are objects in a closed system, whose behavior is observed when a message is sent into the system.

But what OSDM will never understand is the Observer Effect of quantum physics — the very act of observation alters the behavior of the observed, rendering their data ultimately useless. And the more we are aware of their observation and push back, the more they become our experiment…

The power is in our hands, not theirs.

(cue slide whistle)

Christine Barger
      Participant

I still feel that the final show was a way to end that chapter so they could start fresh with Lust. That’s my opinion. I am struggling to remember a few things…

Can somebody refresh me on what character interactions happened AFTER the final show where so many died?

Thank you!

M.
        Participant

Were there any character interactions after The End @christineb? If my memory serves me correct, there weren’t any. We watched Sabrina walk away and were then told to leave. The gates to the compound were closed and Tension came to a close as well.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by M..
       Lia
      Participant

I think I have to join team Clean Slate on this one. As much as I miss Ascension and everyone inside of that compound, I can’t imagine that we should expect to see them… at least any time soon. That being said, if Sabrina and DLB were to kick down the door during the finale of Nefarious and brutally eviscerate Michelle, I wouldn’t be upset!

GoldTongue
        Participant

I’m with you. Fully expecting a clean slate and a new experience all together.

Chelsea Morgan
      Participant

@christineb It did feel like a chapter closing. What better way to say the OOA is done then by killing practically everyone.

Although, I could see how the OSDM could have staged the whole ordeal not just to get a reaction out of us of how ‘powerful’ they are, but also to get a reaction from Sabrina. Could have been the only way to get her to leave. Her faith in Anoch and that what they were teaching was getting in the way of what the OSDM (Michelle really I guess) was trying to accomplish. But, they couldn’t have killed her because everyone of us there would have started an uprising. So, present something dramatic, devastating, and seemingly permanent.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Is there a good place to get a quick summary of Tension? I participated in the recurring event, but don’t know much surrounding what happened before and after my time there.

Sean

@bruinbrown – In order from shortest recap to most in depth:

1. Official Timeline
      2. Wiki created by Megan (coryphella)
      3. My Haunt Life podcasts by Mike and Russell

Sean

Oh, you

Megan
      Participant

IIRC, it was stated in one of the podcasts (maybe the Haunt Life interview with Mike & Russell) that future chapters (Lust, Nefarious, etc) would take place in the same “universe” as Tension but were still self-contained narratives – you wouldn’t need to know everything from the others to get what was happening, but they were related in at least a small, tangential way.

Sean

@coryphella – We have the OSDM as a possible frame for this, perhaps we’ll see something like Tension? Where we we’re going to have something similar to the OOA as the primary focus during the first half to get us immersed in the world and then have the OSDM come in at the tail end to fuck it all up?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

And we probably shouldn’t forget that in her final speech, Michelle basically touched upon all of the different themes the various shows are supposedly going to be based upon. (Don’t have a transcript in front of me, but believe she listed them all off, ending with Tension.)

The final image from that last night was, arguably, DLB and CS escaping the warehouse before the gate closed. Their involvement with Lust would seem to suggest that their meta-narrative is continuing, at the very least. (So be very careful next time you interview them, @mike / @russell.)

Chris
      Participant

I definitely ascribe to the interpretation that The End was orchestrated as one final manipulation by Michelle for all of us as well as Sabrina. Michelle was laughing at all of us, Sabrina included, for being taken in by the story of Anoch and Tension and seemed to take pleasure in pulling back the curtain. She broke our hearts with the initial bloody walkthrough, then again by disillusioning Sabrina and casting her out. Whether we were supposed to take the carnage at face value or extrapolate that all of those OOA members were merely actors performing one final role under the influence of the helmet for our and Sabrina’s benefit is probably a question that will never be completely answered. The OSDM got what they wanted: our personal information, leads on our loved ones, and at least a couple sets of fingerprints. I hope that the promise of Julie’s experience will someday be paid off. The OSDM are presenting Lust, so I am sure we will feel the threads of what came before somehow. We have a clean slate because everything we thought we knew turned out to be a lie– but the liars are still in play.

Chris
      Participant

I definitely subscribe to the interpretation that The End was orchestrated as one final manipulation by Michelle for all of us as well as Sabrina. Michelle was laughing at all of us, Sabrina included, for being taken in by the story of Anoch and Tension and seemed to take pleasure in pulling back the curtain. She broke our hearts with the initial bloody walkthrough, then again by disillusioning Sabrina and casting her out. Whether we were supposed to take the carnage at face value or extrapolate that all of those OOA members were merely actors performing one final role under the influence of the helmet for our and Sabrina’s benefit is probably a question that will never be completely answered. The OSDM got what they wanted: our personal information, leads on our loved ones, and at least a couple sets of fingerprints. I hope that the promise of @julierei experience will someday be paid off. The OSDM are presenting Lust, so I am sure we will feel the threads of what came before somehow. We have a clean slate because everything we thought we knew turned out to be a lie– but the liars are still in play.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

From a narrative perspective, this is the smartest way to do it. It provides a blank slate for newcomers to dive into a new experience without having to learn a complex and involved backstory. But for the veterans and dedicated, Easter Eggs and little nods to previous characters and themes can be included to geek out over.

On that note, I am so excited for 7pm tonight!

Beth Hipple
      Participant

Well said, Taylor. Coming from someone who didn’t get to experience Tension, I think this forum is definitely cool to provide a blank slate for newcomers as you put it. I’m excited!

Sean

@hazelverse – No one knows. There’s a line in the site’s source code that just says the date, time and “This may be important”.

You know how The Powers That Be are… no hints until the thing happens.

thehazelverse
      Participant

Thanks @thegilded 🙂

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

During “The End” and in the e-mails, Michelle referred to her bosses as The Clockmakers. I’m assuming they didn’t take the news of Michelle dismantling everything they built very well…

Michelle insinuated they do to some degree believe in Anoch even if the OOA itself was a front for data gathering.

I still believe. Michelle took a lot from us, but she could never take my faith. That’s the one thing she admitted to being unable to deprogram from Sabrina.

Lukas L
      Participant

What if the OSDM was responsible for Trump getting elected. Hey they can manipulate stocks, why not the election.

Beth Hipple
      Participant

……

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Well with Mr. SINclair, I do believe we know how the tagline “Sin with perfection” fits in, at least partially. Noah likely is the Sin (if we take things super literal), wonder if someone will come along representing Perfection?

Kevin Flint
      Participant

I am hoping for “blank slate.” Ascension was so unforgetfully…memorable… and I hope they come at us with something completely new. What a gift it would be to experience a whole new unforgettable memorableness thats not built on the previous unforgottens, but has its own new universe to be remembered? It would be not to be forgotten!

(Maybe this could use some editing… nah, forget it.)

Tim Redman
      Participant

Great Scot. I used to give people the Kevin Flint treatment but now I need to step it up for this Sinclair guy. I’ve always wanted a mansion and a yacht, but screw that. Two yachts works for me.

Carl Webb
      Participant

A big enough yacht works in place of a mansion, sure.

Lukas L
        Participant

Trust me! His yacht is YUGE! Its YUGE
        #Fakenews
        Yuge

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Lukas L.
Viewing 35 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar