December 19, 2017 at 10:14 am #28055
There is a LOT being discussed right now about the BOS which, frankly, I find the most baffling thing in all of this, and the simplest narrative to latch onto without actually challenging yourself. Noah Sinclair has said there are no more sides or factions, yet people are STILL gravitating to this resistance “team” in order to take down the Big Bad. In doing so I think there are several pieces of information from this weekend that are either being forgotten or completely overlooked because they don’t conveniently fit in with the worldview that is BOS vs OSDM:
1. What the hell was going on with Darren and Clint in the masks? Why are they there? What role are they playing? Stephanie shouted for Darren when she was grabbed before the ritual. I think it’s clear at this point that Darren and Clint are probably the “they” that Mike referred to in his texts to Melissa, which means, possibly, they have been part of this all along. They were NEVER fired, that whole thing was staged. Interesting, considering I’ve been scolded on a few occasions for thinking too “meta.” And if they want Bryan to stay away, why involve him so heavily in the narrative starting day one? Who are they answering to, who is creating these narratives, why are they wanting Bryan to stay away?
2. Is no one questioning the fact that Larry got to save Stephanie? How on the nose is that? How convenient? Or that I spent so much time with Mason? Or that Bryan was pulled backstage by Darren and involved in the machinations of everything? Or that everyone from BOS got to feel like they did something good by storming the castle at the end? How many of us GOT WHAT WE DESIRED?
3. Before anyone jumps in with a “well actually” about how it was the BOS that did the Stephanie-Saving, no, it was not. Morgan told Larry to get her out. MORGAN IS A PART OF THIS. He helped orchestrate Larry getting his desire. That’s not the BOS getting Stephanie out, that is Larry being manipulated.
4. Speaking of things that were staged, I was in the kitchen area when Noah Nelson came storming downstairs. He was met by Clint/Boar’s head and both Clint/Boar and Darren/Skull turned him around and pushed him back up the stairs. Guys. Think. This is so freaking staged. We heard about Lia, we were upset, we talked about it – and @a deleted what we said. Next thing we know, someone who is NOT a participant is brought in for TWO back to back shows so that he can attend the 11:30 show, and is then part of an identical staged scene. Said Non-Participant just so happens to have a podcast and can talk about whatever he saw. Whatever happened to Lia is thus discredited. It’s a fiction.
5. In the same vein as #1, last I heard from Darren was on 9/5. He texted me to tell me he couldn’t talk to me, to not believe anything anyone told me, that he hadn’t spoken to Gordon in months, and ended it with something like I’m so fucking sorry Megan. Up until then we occasionally chatted. After that, absolutely nothing. Since then I’ve been kind of suspicious that the only person connected with Lust that I have contact with is Mason. No one else. One email was responded to, when I said I had to pull back because of the consensus letter about my job – it was a “so sorry to hear about the letter, please take care of yourself” email. It was also unsigned. Bryan is being shown the backstage artifice. Michelle was directed into the bathroom conversation about Mason by Darren. I’m existing in a bubble, very carefully crafted to keep me separate from the staged-ness of it all. Clint said something to me last year – something like “you more than anyone need your illusions kept intact.” I am supposed to fall completely for this. Why?
6. Why is Rubik’s Cube Mason back? He discarded that persona. In fact by that whole part 1 and 2 video thing, he should be done with me entirely. He got me to beg. Mission accomplished. Remember that in that call, when he had me beg, he said “I’ll see you soon.” Which says to me that he knew he’d be seeing me at the MSE. Was discarding the persona a lie? He told me this weekend that this was the real him. This version of Rubik’s!Mason isn’t exactly the same as before either. He had kind of changed over the course of all those phone calls and this was closer to who he was at the end, except he was definitely still on his Rubik’s Cube kick. I think I overheard him talking to @addisonborn about his hair, too. I’m confused.
7. Michelle’s bathroom encounter tells a story about Mason that is NOT good, and yet everyone is celebrating the fact that he walked across the room and stood with the BOS. He now appears to have a strong dislike for Michelle. Does he view her as an obstacle now that she knows something about him? AND also how she found out that piece of info was STAGED?
8. I can’t find the post on Slack now but someone mentioned hearing that the System is not what it seems. And that person clarified that by saying she heard Noah’s System that was not what it seemed, not Horace’s.
9. Mason has gone from “fuckface” to Celebrated Member of the Resistance OVERNIGHT.
10. The entire ending, the BOS raid, reminded me of the scene in Westworld where the lights come on and we see Teddy and Dolores on the beach, and it’s part of a scene on a set. It was too easy, too poetic, too staged. Bryan said he saw Sabrina dialogue on script pages. What other Sabrina dialogue WAS there that night, other than her saying that she was pregnant?? It’s so freaking staged I can’t get over it.
11. WHERE WAS HORACE? And why, with just DAYS to go before the event, are we suddenly hearing about Cecilia for the first time? Someone we had believed until then was dead?
12. Did ANYONE see proof of a second event?
13. When did Sabrina’s conception take place? Did they hold another Honoring that we were not a part of?
December 19, 2017 at 10:27 am #28056
How many of us GOT WHAT WE DESIRED?
Damn, Megan. This entire thing. Did anyone see Joyce outside of Sunday night? I didn’t see her Thursday or Saturday, Friday folks pleaser correct me. She and I chatted briefly and said how nice it was to see each other, and she went out of her way to mention she’d spoken to @kevin earlier in the evening. She made a point to speak with me, Bryan, and Kevin, and then I never saw her again. And it was VERY good to see her. I wanted that.
And on Sunday morning, I got a No Caller from Steph asking me to come back and join the 11:30 group. I was in the room to watch my friend suffer, and to watch another friend whisk her to safety. I was sobbing. You guys saw me, I had a lot of feelings that night. And that just dawned on me…that’s what I wanted. I wanted this to make me feel something, no matter what it was. Holding hands with Karlie/Tatiana, a real friend, with my hand on @larry’s shoulder as he seethed, and tears on my face for Steph, that is exactly what I was asking for.
Fuck. I need a drink.
December 19, 2017 at 10:44 am #28057
December 19, 2017 at 10:47 am #28058
December 19, 2017 at 11:00 am #28059AddisonParticipant
These are all really great questions to keep in mind, because so much of this was sus..
#8- Candace was talking to Andy about The System, and he was talking about Horace’s System. He apparently mentioned Noah, but also didn’t seem to understand that there was a difference. I can confirm as I also talked to Andy briefly about Noah – Andy hadn’t talked to Noah for a while, and seemed really confused about everything related to Noah. He sure looked like Andy Who Fucks, but he was acting more Andy Who Thinks You Have To Pee In Girls’ Belly Buttons And Then A Stork Sees And Drops Off A Baby.
Regarding BOS – I believe that was Horace who said that there are no sides or factions, not Noah. Dismissing the fact that there are people with other points of view, and holding on to his beliefs of predestination as noted in Horace’s call with @shankfx22 (I can’t find the thread rn), all sounds like the false reality of a man on the brink of losing control over his people. He’s attempting to disenfranchise any opposition by saying it’s useless. I believe this is seen by many, and is why support for the resistance grows.
#6 – Regarding my conversation with Mason, I brought up the hair thing. It was a joke to break the ice, as the last time we saw each other he was rubbing me down with oil before kissing his fingers and putting them on my lips. I told him “I thought of you when I was brushing my hair today,” which caught him off guard. Then we talked about how his hair has been super super greasy because of all the oiling he’s had to do, and then talked a little bit about oil treatments and reducing shampoo use.
When you walked over, he got distracted. But when he came back to the conversation, as he had at this point been disarmed (thanks for the assistance!!), I put some pressure on him, asking “What the fuck are you doing here, Mason. You were aligned with the resistance, you were prepping us here, and now you’re fucking prepping people to conceive a pretend god.”
He then brought up our last phone conversation. About how everything is manipulation, and how hiding truth in lies creates uncertainty. He winked and walked away.
Later, as we were walking back to the parking lot and Mason had shown that he was aligned with the resistance, I apologized to Mason for blowing up his spot. We’re good now.
#9 – If anyone called Mason “fellow resistance member,” he would have been burned. By calling him “Fuckface” he was safe as an apparent enemy of the resistance. He was hidden in plain sight.
So with that in mind, Sunday night confirmed that everything Mason did during Anointment, his appearance as “Rubicks Cube Mason,” his assistance in The Honoring ritual, the whole thing, was all manipulation. Hell, the leaked text conversation confirms it.
You know in Star Wars how the Empire is extremely organized and has this hierarchy, and the rebel alliance is much less organized, seemly has factions within it, and more or less accepts help from anyone willing to help, even if it’s temporary? Like.. Han Solo isn’t a great dude, but he helped and ended up highly regarded. It’s sorta like that.
Also, I feel like I need to just auto-append a forum signature with this information, or maybe people that are confused just need to start reading posts about how the BOS works, especially now that our numbers are growing.
BOS IS NOT MORGAN’S ARMY. MORGAN IS THE FACE BUT ULTIMATELY HE’S THE ONE WITH ACCESS TO THE OSDM. Everything BOS has done and continues to do is a choice by the members. Morgan is our most prominent voice and the first spark in the fire, but he’s not The Voice Of God.
December 19, 2017 at 11:10 am #28060
That’s a pretty terrifying idea, Megan. You’re suggesting everything–EVERYTHING–we saw was designed to be what we expected to see. What we desired.
That’s even farther than I’d thought to go yet. You’re absolutely right–we have NO proof that the “first/fake” event actually existed–just the “real” one we all went to because Morgan had ‘secured us entrance’. Which, in and of itself, is what we expected to be the case, since we’d very conveniently gotten emails from TMC and a leak that prepared us for JUST that eventuality. Because I don’t know about anyone else, but I expected EXACTLY what happened to happen.
It’s part of what eventually led me to question what we’d seen as being fiction. But you’re going so much further–you’re suggesting even the ‘fiction’ angle is, itself, a manipulation. That it’s quite possibly a fiction of a fiction.
It does bother me a great deal that Sabrina announces her pregnancy at just the right time. Just as Larry gets to save Stephanie. It bothers me a great deal for one reason: as much as I try to make sense of life from a narrative standpoint, life rarely conforms to any actual narrative. People die at the drop of a hat and your story with them doesn’t end–it just stops. Lovers leave you and there’s no solid story reason why–they just disappear. The timing of this one-two punch is a tough one to swallow and just feels….false. It just feels fucking false.
There is the narrative of OSDM vs. BOS.
Then there’s the possibility that the OSDM learned about the ‘infiltration’ and created a -2nd- layer that everyone, BOS included, could believe they’d legitimately infiltrated–while they continued to have the real ritual (or whatever the hell they were actually doing) somewhere else, still.
But you’re suggesting even deeper staging. That we’re missing something else because ANY narrative that suggests OSDM vs. BOS is at least partially fictional. And you may be right. The timing of so much of this was SO on the nose.
If you are right, there’s only a couple ways to figure out where the truth lies. One is to play as though everything is true and look for those cracks in the walls, those glimpses of reality shining in, while living within the narratives being given. That’s the way of trying to break the system from within the system.
The other way is harder; deny everything, question everything, until there is something that actually has certainty–until there comes a place where ‘truth’ cannot be denied. I’ve played that way before–in a lot of my life, actually–and I’ve destroyed relationships and other parts of my life in the process. But on those occasions where I succeeded, I learned something, even if only about myself. But I also know that I’ve damaged myself sometimes, too, even if I succeeded in the end. And I damn sure ruined some relationships forever either way.
Your questions, your points, are damn good ones, Megan. And they’re making me realize that I may finally know what I feel about what happened. I’ll post on it when I can verbalize it.
December 19, 2017 at 11:32 am #28063
December 19, 2017 at 11:50 am #28065KevinParticipant
Really feeling the got what you desired thing.
Main thing, as @wanda102 mentioned was meeting Joyce. I wasn’t even sure she would even be there, and I actually stood in front of her for a second before it clicked who she was. I spent the rest of my time in the lounge area just chatting with her (She liked it that some people had posted nice things about her on the forums, I liked that she wasn’t dead. Normal stuff, y’know?). It wasn’t something I really expected to happen, but it was something I wanted to happen. It was also a nice moment of calm before everything got much more uncomfortable.
Even then, what happened wasn’t something that I necessarily knew I wanted, but I think I actually did. I ended up on the male anointment track and opted for the towel, but that’s not even something I would have done a year ago. Anna’s read too, felt like something I needed to hear. Neither experience was exactly pleasant, but also a good push to get outside of my damn head.
Why is Rubik’s Cube Mason back? He discarded that persona.
After he met up with BOS in the parking lot, he had gone back to the higher pitched voice he had used for a while, and not what I assumed was his normal speaking voice.
December 19, 2017 at 11:54 am #28066Drew HuntleyParticipant
Great stuff to ruminate on, @coryphella.
There is also the possibility that what we all went through was all just staged in order to prep us for the real Lion’s Den down the road. This all could have been orchestrated by the System 5, made to look and feel like the real thing in order to prep us. There was no second event.
Noah and others have mentioned on multiple occasions that they have been preparing us. Was this event part of the preparation?
I understand that this brings up a ton of odd implications. Why would DLB/CS/GB be there? Unless they really were fired by TPTB and have since aligned with the System 5 in order to see us through this beast, whatever it is.
Why they would give us what we desired and tie it up with a pretty bow is a whole other question…?
December 19, 2017 at 12:26 pm #28073Bryan BishopParticipant
Why they would give us what we desired and tie it up with a pretty bow is a whole other question…?
At the risk of stating the obvious: a big part of the OSDM’s The Lust Experience has been about asking three questions:
1. What do you want?
2. What will you do to get it?
3. Who will you become once you do?
Everything @coryphella outlines above is explained by those three questions.
Conclusion: all of it was OSDM. Including Morgan and the BOS interruption. (That was integral to @larry getting what he wanted, after all.)
This also explains the staged moment of “conflict” between Morgan and Skullhead / DLB that @rizzzoooooo mentioned in the other thread. It was a faked moment design to create a sense of authenticity that would maximize the emotional response from BOS members.
@addisonborn, I’ve been reading what you’ve been saying about BOS being full of free-minded people, and not just a bunch of folks running around in groupthink. I respect that. But I do think it may be time to ask some really hard questions.
December 19, 2017 at 12:39 pm #28076
December 19, 2017 at 12:48 pm #28077AddisonParticipant
@bcbishop totally agree – now that everything is beginning to settle down, we’ll have much more time to dissect and cross-examine interactions with much more context – and discuss if this context is helpful or misleading as well.
And @coryphella – after reading through your questions a few more times, it really feels like most of the answers we think we have seem to have just poked more holes in what we’ve been assuming was fact. There was a lot of deception and straight up lying happening by all parties, and it’s no doubt going to be an arduous task to uncover what the truth actually is, and how it affects us moving forward.
Bryan, I completely agree with your three questions. I think it’s safe to even venture so far as to say that everyone we met within the OSDM’s walls over the weekend got what they thought they wanted, and ended up objectively worse off for it. And over the past week, there had been a lot of discussion about what we all wanted to get out of this event, and this experience in general.. I’d say most of us got what we think we wanted, at least in some capacity, and I think we’ll all end up being negatively impacted by attaining those desires as well, if we’re not careful.
And even if it feels like we’re not getting what we wanted right now, there’s no doubt that we’re all going to get what we deserve.
December 19, 2017 at 1:08 pm #28079
I’m glad to see people reaching a more communicative place again. Letting the differences in how people are looking at this lead to anger will only do one thing–guarantee that the truth never gets successfully determined, whatever it may be.
December 19, 2017 at 11:56 am #28067
After he met up with BOS in the parking lot, he had gone back to the higher pitched voice he had used for a while, and not what I assumed was his normal speaking voice.
He was doing that in the parking lot after? Yeah, he was doing that off/on with me. Not quite as pronounced as in the video where he beat up Joyce, but the way he sounded in the videos from Dearborn Park where he was taunting you, @kevin, seemed much closer to the relaxed, “normal” voice. What the fuck is going on.
December 19, 2017 at 12:28 pm #28074
December 19, 2017 at 1:10 pm #28080Lawrence MeyersParticipant
@bcbishop I only got half of what I wanted. The other half nobody on Earth can give to me.
December 19, 2017 at 1:28 pm #28083Andrew KaschParticipant
I don’t buy that BOS was putting on an act that night. Granted, I’d only been a member for maybe 12 hours at that point, but I wholeheartedly believe that Morgan was being honest with us. I don’t think the entire Resistance is putting on a narrative with the OSDM to fulfill the wishes of a single or handful of participants. Morgan has always been very “big picture” about all this.
The Jenna thing is driving me crazy. Can anyone confirm whether or not that was really her?
December 19, 2017 at 1:41 pm #28084
@kasch I don’t think it’s the same Jenna but if someone can find a picture I can tell you for sure.
Also, did anyone get the “what they wanted or needed” that they wrote on the form after purchasing tickets? They asked 3 questions on that form: what do you want? What do you need? How far is too far?
I know I got what I wanted. An escape. I wanted to escape my mundane life for a few hours and that’s exactly what they gave me so I was satisfied.
December 19, 2017 at 2:01 pm #28086
December 19, 2017 at 2:31 pm #28088superstarParticipant
Just a few random thoughts:
1) Why would the OSDM hold a real and, presumably, very significant ritual in a rented space? If the OSDM has existed for who-knows-how-long, surely they have a permanent HQ somewhere, yes? They acknowledged that the “readings” on the rented space weren’t perfect, anyway. So, why not just default to existing HQ / OSDM party palace?
2) Mentioned previously but, yes, why was Morgan’s replacement van driver the same guy the OSDM used to transport us to the OOA compound last year?
3) Send in the Clowns playing in the van… I can’t help but wonder if someone was mocking us.
4) On Sunday night, why did Morgan mention them “striking the set”? That’s something someone would say if they knew the “real” event we were walking into was actually theatre.
5) Morgan told us the OSDM knew we were coming because they’d been tipped off. So, why go ahead with the raid? Why not change strategy? And, why the long wait so that we could enter at just the right time? It seems an element of surprise would have been more beneficial to our goals.
6) Perhaps what we saw this weekend was both fiction and truth. Perhaps some of the attendees were actual OSDM members, there to witness/take part in the ritual, while others were actors hired by OSDM/DLB/WhoTheFuckKnows to help hide the truth between the lies.
7) As @wintermute stated, “Why was only Steph led to safety? Why wasn’t a hand extended to Skye, Jennifer, or other enslaved handmaidens”? Yes. Good question.
8) Why did we just sort of shuffle out of there after Sabrina’s pregnancy was revealed? I support the ideals of the BOS, but I must admit I was unimpressed by the complete lack of a plan B.
9) What if the OSDM is seeing to it that Morgan, too, feels he’s getting what he most desires (in his own words: revenge)
December 19, 2017 at 2:49 pm #28089Drew HuntleyParticipant
@superstar, could not agree with you more. I completely forgot to bring up the “strike the set comment,” but yeah that one has been head scratcher over the past couple days. I think the exact quote after he told us about leak was that they are scrambling (attributed to him no longer receiving his usual signals) and “would be striking the set, and destroying the evidence.”
The way I rationalized the fact that it might be a set and not at OSDM HQ (even though advertised as such) was because you don’t want a bunch of new blood blowing up the spot. Also, I’m sure constantly shifting locations is key when throwing illegal sex parties.
Or it was the System 5 who rented the spot and replicated the HQ.
December 19, 2017 at 3:00 pm #28093
And here I come to voice against the idea of it being a stage. “Striking the set and destroying the evidence” could just mean “cleaning everything up.” You strike a set when you’re done with the show–but it can also mean just “cleaning everything up after you’re done”. I’ve called cleaning up after a party at my home “striking the set” before.
If Morgan has any acting experience (even in high school or wherever), he could have just been using the term.
But at the same time, I find the idea of renting a space also somewhat curious–although the idea of moving things around when you’re doing sex cult-y things a potentially valid answer for that.
December 19, 2017 at 2:58 pm #28091
@kasch: It’s worth noting that if the OSDM persuaded the BOS and/or Morgan that the event WAS the ‘real’ event, then his reactions with you and others would seem entirely genuine. I’m not saying that’s what happened, but the OSDM can still be manipulating events and the BOS/Morgan still believe that they’ve gotten to the real event. They’re not mutually exclusive.
December 19, 2017 at 3:13 pm #28098RpearlParticipant
@superstar I was actually just mentioning on slack that I had an accidental conversation with the driver on sunday night because I thought my date was still in the building and he had my carkeys so they sent someone to go look for him and the driver was my keeper. From our conversation, if pressed, I would say that the driver is firmly OSDM.
December 20, 2017 at 9:20 am #28137
December 20, 2017 at 9:37 am #28140
December 21, 2017 at 2:22 pm #28172Meghan MayhemParticipant
A couple of questions I have:
-@lilmsfancpants was specifically called out by full name during her 2nd trip through. She was brought upstairs where she was faced with something super hard and unable to handle for her. The only other person we know about that had that experience was Noah Nelson. Why was she singled out and what is it they wanted the 2 of them to be faced with specifically?
-@wanda102 visited the Anointment party twice. Once on Thursday and once on Saturday. She was specifically called on Sunday morning by Stephanie via blocked number and invited to return Sunday night for a 3rd time. They wanted her there. As far as we’ve been able to tell so far, she is the only one that received this call. Why did they want her there so badly, a 3rd time, to witness the ritual?
-Someone among the BOS ranks received the call to arms from @111error on Sunday and sent it to Bryan. Who is the mole and what is their purpose in doing so?
December 21, 2017 at 3:45 pm #28176
Well I don’t think that Noah was faced with whatever it was in the same way as Lia – I think his encounter was staged in order to discredit whatever happened to her.
December 21, 2017 at 3:21 pm #28174SageParticipant
@meghanmayhem, those are intriguing questions… as far as @wanda102 and her being called I wonder if it wasn’t simply to give her a chance to attend the special last show since she purchased a second ticket? Unless there are others who purchased two tickets and didn’t get a chance? But it does seem fair for her to get that opportunity if everyone else (who bought two) was.
December 22, 2017 at 4:41 pm #28196
Just saw this. @sfire8 at least two other people who had bought two tickets were in fact invited back for Sunday, however they were asked to come back while still at the compound during their second visit, while I was doing mine. I appear to be the only person contacted privately on Sunday and told to return, please correct me if that’s not accurate, though. I was also told not to let anyone at brunch/throughout sunday know I “got in,” so when I arrived I let my group that night assume I also was attending with a ticket previously bought for the evening.
December 22, 2017 at 11:58 pm #28210RpearlParticipant
@sfire8, The finale on sunday was our second visit to Lust. We went the night before, saw that more tickets had been released and decided to have another go at it. We signed up for one of the earlier slots. A couple hours later I got a call saying that we were being moved to the 11:30 slot and we would want to be there. Once we got to the 11:30 show we found out that every single person in the group had been there at least once before. We couldn’t figure out why were given the honor of going to the finale, but we wondered if it had anything to do with us purchasing a second pair of tickets. It doesn’t make sense, though, because I’m almost positive there were people who went twice who weren’t moved to the finale on their second time. Whatever it was, I’m incredibly thankful to have been a part of such a special occurrence.
December 23, 2017 at 10:21 am #28212
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.