We Need to Talk About Noah

Tagged: , ,

This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

My gut tells me we are missing the obvious. Let me spin this out and chime in, please.

Noah started out behaving like an ass. Drunk. Boorish. Disrespectful towards Sarah. She’s apparently alienated enough to be cheating on him. He got arrested. He was on the run. He was dragged kicking and screaming back into the fold. The Sinclair Happy Couple Video was obviously him just barely toeing the party line. Some of us thought Sarah was deserving of a little compassion because she was obviously trying to save him from serious consequences.

Noah is being controlled…And he hates it. HATES IT.

Presumably it is Horace exerting this control. He told Noah to get with the program….or else.

Or else what? What does Horace have that he is able to exert such influence over Noah, who seems like he wouldn’t permit anyone to have power over him?

1) Some form of inheritance. Not money, but more like family legacy. The next King, if you will. A position of power and influence that Noah LUSTS after.
      2) Approval. What a delicious irony that while Mr. Smells Good is screaming at us and demanding we bend the knee to earn his useless approval, it’s all because Mr. LOSER is scratching and clawing for Daddy’s approval.
      3) A person(s) Noah cares about. Seems unlikely, but who knows. Perhaps there is a Little Timmy and he is in Horace’s clutches.
      4) Some or all of the above.

His reference to being replaced by “IT” suggests that Horace was trying to find a workaround for his uncooperative son. The subtext of the recent SYSTEM message from Sarah references that Noah is, in fact, irreplaceable. This was a message to whomever wanted to replace Noah with “IT” that “IT” would fail to achieve their ends. Thus, they need Noah, and Noah needs Horace/Them. Stalemate.

@northerngayle insists that when Noah toasted with him the other night, “To the Resistance”, sounded genuine and perhaps even resigned. As if this is where his loyalty actually lies, hoping they can pull something off that he really isn’t able to himself. Did anyone say anything about The Resistance being leaked information?

Let’s recall his take on Boy Who Cried Wolf. Read it as Horace being the wolf.

“Most people think that the moral of the story is that you shouldn’t tell a lie, blah blah blah. The real moral of that story is…that fucking boy is the most self-made, self-realized, self-actualized person that ever came out of a work of fucking fiction, or even a work of non-fiction, for that matter. Because who did he have when that wolf got in his fucking head and screwed around with him and nobody would deal with it? He had to pull himself up in his little open-toed fucking sandals, turn his fucking cheek, and he made something of himself. He didn’t have anybody else that he could rely on. That’s what it’s about.”

Noah sees himself as being on his own. Controlled. And he wants to break free. Hence his “defeated” tone with @bcbishop today.

What’s it all mean?

Noah has targeted @bcbishop specifically on this issue of what he thinks Bryan is repressing — “rotten on the inside”. On the one hand, this might be Noah’s intuition that Bryan has a monster inside. One that, if released, would make for an excellent assassin if provoked. What’s a little Patricide-by-Proxy between friends.

More likely, Noah is projecting his own feelings of UTTER WORTHLESSNESS onto Bryan. Because that’s what we do when we can’t handle the Shadow. We project it.

I like Noah for one reason. He’s a trickster. Anti-authoritarian. He provokes. That’s my style. I don’t accept “challenges”. I turn them inside out. Way more fun. And you can’t provoke a provoker unless you want to get bitch-smacked…but, you know, in a nice way.

August 13 isn’t about us. It isn’t even for us. It’s for Hor-us. It’s about Noah proving he can be a good boy.

Which means he’ll be provoking our Shadows. To come out and say and do things we won’t want to admit are true about ourselves.

Why?

My guess: The person who most embraces their whole Self, including their Shadow, may just be the next Oracle of Anoch. Or perhaps…the vessel through which Anoch will manifest. His Avatar.

Who’s ready to Ascend?

Lauren Bello

3) A person(s) Noah cares about. Seems unlikely, but who knows. Perhaps there is a Little Timmy and he is in Horace’s clutches.

This is in line with what Horace said to Meghan in May…after describing destroying Noah’s toys, he said, “Maybe we’ll let him keep Sarah for now though.”

His reference to being replaced by “IT” suggests that Horace was trying to find a workaround for his uncooperative son. The subtext of the recent SYSTEM message from Sarah references that Noah is, in fact, irreplaceable. This was a message to whomever wanted to replace Noah with “IT” that “IT” would fail to achieve their ends.

Oooh…I missed that subtext first time around. I think you’re totally right. Wonder how Horace felt about that message…his appearance in that video would seem to cosign it.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Bravo. Excellent thinking here. I’m really hoping Noah turns shit sideways on the 13th. Hell maybe even a little before that.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

He may. But the problem with Tricksters is that they can trick themselves. If he’s smart, he’ll use The System to find HIS best team to…dispatch…Horace. BoS is useless because they are exposed.

Of course, we must remember:

1) Noah likely has a bigger endgame besides removing his primary antagonist. (House of Cards anyone?)
      2) This theory may very well be exactly what they want us to believe.

Which is why, if one decides early on what purpose one is always to serve, it brings a certain degree of macro-clarity.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Which is why, if one decides early on what purpose one is always to serve, it brings a certain degree of macro-clarity.

As a certain someone would say, Toot Toot.

This is so key, @larry. Choosing between sides we are given leads only to becoming a pawn. We only retain agency and purpose if we decide what we seek for ourselves – and then act accordingly, no matter where the path leads, or how it is perceived.

Kortney
      Participant

Cristen
      Participant

@bcbishop

We only retain agency and purpose if we decide what we seek for ourselves – and then act accordingly, no matter where the path leads, or how it is perceived.

In this sense: true autonomy is understanding and accepting what we want and doing whatever is necessary to achieve it. Careful though, we may end up as pawns, regardless, on the way.

(Also @kortneydarling I love you wow.)

Lia
      Participant

@larry I’m with you 1000% on this. I still don’t claim to know what he’s playing at, but I’m positive that it is more than just mostivational speaking and making daddy proud. (I think that ship sailed long ago.) And while I imagine that Noah’s usually only looking out for himself, I think he has some dumb soft spots in that shitty little heart of his, and we’re one of them.

Violet
      Participant

@kortneydarling that is fucking fantastic!!!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@kortneydarling heh heh. You got the reference. 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar