Unknown Visitor 8/7

This topic contains 87 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren Bello 1 week ago.

• Author
     Maranda 
    Participant

@mistere it could be the new moon event, but I think it’s unlikely. The NM event was made out to be a ritual sacrifice, where this “retreat” doesn’t feel like that, at least from what little we’ve seen (or heard, rather). Also, the slack messages make these “actor retreats” sound like a regular occurrence, where as the NM event doesn’t. But I may be wrong, and they could be connected. Idk.

Maranda 
    Participant

About the location of the “retreat” – just because there’s classical music doesn’t mean it’s the Sinclair house… It’s not like having classical on in the background is unique to them. Heck, my apartment radio is perpetually tuned to the classical station. I and many of my musician friends have CD/mp3 collections that get listened to. Horace might just be the kind of guy that brings CD players to rituals. Who knows.

Cristen 
    Participant

@izryn thank you so much for that Slack transcript.

I wanted to reiterate something I said late last night after all of this that we were given a very important piece of advice by…whoever she was.

Listen to me. Look closer, ask more questions, there [sic] cardboard palace only looks legit from the front. Go to the sides

With respect, I simply cannot take this whole thing as proof of “OSDM BAD BOS GOOD.” It’s too…flimsy.
    Another actress in peril? Someone new to save? Maybe it is OSDM and they’re back to their old tricks, but maybe that’s just too damned easy.

So I don’t think I can trust her, but I can do as she says. Go to the sides. It’s important we ask questions. Of each other. Of our Creators. Of our Experience. Because when have things ever been exactly what they seem?

Cara 
    Participant

Just waking up to this excitement. So, the audio file was delivered via Dropbox? Has anyone investigated the file itself yet to see if it contains any hidden metadata? Just curious. I can take a look when I’m at my computer.

Maranda 
    Participant

@wanda102 no problem.

I think you make a good point, and in something like this where lines are constantly being redrawn or erased altogether questioning what we’re shown is essential. Personally I’m the type to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, as genuine grievances can be easily lost in the noise.

So here’s a question. The OSDM is deleting Cynthia/Elizabeth’s messages from the slack, but why are they then leaving all this on the forums untouched? The audio file is still up. The slack transcript is still up. Is having us “wind the clock” more important than suppressing this information? Or is it all part of their plan to make us think it’s genuine…?

Winston Smith 
    Participant

Horace might just be the kind of guy that brings CD players to rituals. Who knows

That’s so Horace. Maybe he only keeps Noah around to help him figure out his AOL?

Brian E 
    Participant

@izryn Thanks, I’ll check out the slack later when I have time, looked like a busy night on there.

Maranda 
    Participant

@winstonsmith we’ve already got a “That’s so Joyce” TV show… Coming to VHS home video this fall: the sequel, “That’s so Horace.” (Somebody please make a promo!)

Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

@chrysalis359 The audio was emailed directly to Sarah. I put it on Dropbox for easy sharing.

Cara 
    Participant

Ah, my mistake @nothenrygale This is what I get for commenting before coffee. 😴

Blondie 
    Participant

I’m going to quickly expand on something I said on Slack – I’m with @wanda102 on this. And I am aware what I am about to say isn’t going to go down particularly well, but… Needs to be said.

We’re so quick to jump on this as being legit, but stop, take a breath and go to the sides.

Last year, I had huge issues with the Addison “storyline” (I am so glad I can call it that now) – something about it always screamed EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION to me. And that’s exactly what it was designed to be, through all levels from IG-IG to OOG. There were two people particularly drawn in by her story: Russell and Morgan.

Now fast forward to yesterday. We apparently have multiple damsels in distress. The immediate reaction is to believe this girl, to try to get her to safety. But isn’t that exactly the response the OSDM would want from this situation? I can just imagine Horace leaning back in his leather armchair, chuckling over the fact that we have learned NOTHING. Also, with Morgan’s past with wanting to save Addison, what better way to bait the Resistance and attempt to get them to show their hand too early?

Just look at all those notes we found in the compound and that were sent out with our Tension books. All those handlers that we developed personal relationships with, only to be shown that they could not be saved. Macy (although she may be safe within the Resistance). This keeps playing out time and again, because we’re not learning the lesson…

HONEY TRAP.
    Always with the honey trap…

Andrew Kasch 
    Participant

Jesus, just waking up to this Eyes Wide Shut madness…

A few thoughts:

– The voice is definitely Horace.

– The weirdest and most unnerving thing is how long the classical music was going on…without any other voices or movement. It almost sounded like someone walking through an empty party for a long time.

– Those drum rolls were almost 20th Century Fox style. Could studio executives be a part of this twisted society?

Cristen 
    Participant

I actually want to clarify and say that some of my reasons to suspect here stem from the fact that the emergence of these damsels in distress seems to be very conveniently proving The Resistances point. And I think that is far too simple, and far too easy, to really be the case. We’ve seen this before. Why again? It’s too convenient. I want to caution to look closer.

Bryan Bishop 
    Participant

Damn. I picked the wrong night to go to bed early.

Truly upsetting — and with so many things, everything can be looked at from many angles. I think @blondie and @wanda102 are wise in exercising caution here, particularly given the rather overt resonances with what we saw last year.

Anytime something seems too easy or convenient, it probably is.

Along with their excellent takes, here’s another potential theory in chronological timeline form:

1. People are checked out of THE LUST EXPERIENCE.

2. Forces behind LUST talk in leaked emails about finding ways to bring people back in.

3. Old BOS members get phone calls, TMC spins up, and @joycecarlberg appears.

4. It’s revealed that TMC is actually the new BOS, led by one of our very own.

5. Status: most of the unengaged are now suddenly, actively engaged.

6. After going dark for several weeks, the head of the BOS returns. Begins holding events and actively recruiting.

7. Two days later, an unknown figure appears, warning us with a story that seems to directly match the BOS leader’s (still vague-ish) warnings.

Convenient timing. Look to the sides.

Jackie 
    Participant

@wanda102

I actually want to clarify and say that some of my reasons to suspect here stem from the fact that the emergence of these damsels in distress seems to be very conveniently proving The Resistances point. And I think that is far too simple, and far too easy, to really be the case. We’ve seen this before. Why again? It’s too convenient. I want to caution to look closer.

Indeed. And the use of damsel is spot on.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar