Twin Cities

This topic has 99 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Vox Chaotica.

• Author
       Megan
      Participant

There are 3 of us! You have no idea how weird this is. And maybe four of us shortly. Let’s meet for drinks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wednesdays are always a good day for me but I can make other arrangements. I’m available after 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I can do St Paul, Minneapolis, surrounding areas, doesn’t matter to me.

Megan
      Participant

Then I will suggest a Wednesday after 4ish at Groveland Tap, depending on if @colaptesauratus is up for it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Perfect

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

Sorry team, late to the party. I work on Wednesday afternoon/night. My next few weeks are pretty busy though irl so if you want to meet up without me this time that’s totally fine.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d like to get together this week or next if that works @coryphella.

@colaptesauratus
      let us know when would work for you. I can absolutely maneuver things around if given some notice. I think Megan is right that we need to pull together and disprove a few stereotypes about Minnesotans.

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

I could do Friday evening or any time Saturday?

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you two can make this or another Friday or Saturday work just let me know and count me in. I just may need to make arrangements on Friday but it’s doable. I’ll leave it to you two for now.

Megan
      Participant

Friday works for me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Groveland Tap? I’m good anytime after 4.

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

Yeah I could do 4:30-5ish!

emar
      Participant

Hey, it’s me, number 4! I could potentially do a Friday happy-hour-type thing, too.

Megan
      Participant

OK I just realized – supposedly we are getting a big snowstorm Friday. Let’s say temporarily we’ll have a Twin Cities Lust meetup at Groveland Tap in Saint Paul on Friday at 4:30, pending weather.

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

@coryphella good point, it’s so nice right now I totally forgot it’s still technically winter

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

@emar hi! Welcome!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Works for me. Welcome @emar!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Two questions.
      1. Have any of you tried any escape rooms.
      2. Who would be willing to give it a try?

Megan
      Participant

I haven’t, and the reason why is because they usually require a number of people that is greater than I have in a group, which means I have to be around people I don’t know and have no reason to know. I’d be completely up for it if an entire group could be made up of people I know or people I want to know. I have some social anxiety and issues around anyone else. My husband wants to write a book about them because he thinks they’re funny.

Also…I’m about to go to a conference and there’s a workshop this year on escape room design!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m in the same boat. All the more reason to get that drink.

Max Z
      Participant

@coryphella So this is the second time I’ve noticed you saying something intriguing about your professional life when I’m scanning the Activity feed and I just gotta ask, are you a set designer or professional theater person or something? Cause if so that is so cool 🙂

Megan
        Participant

@maxzumstein – yes I do theater professionally as a lighting and media designer and am a college prof. I’m doing my 2nd scenic design right now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have an extra ticket for the live presentation of the No Sleep Podcast (think old time horror drama radio) at the Cedar this Thursday if one of you is interested in it. Doors open at 7, starts at 7:30. I’ll be there in line before that.

Megan
        Participant

@ziegenbart – sorry I never responded to this – I can’t do this Thursday but thanks for asking!

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

@ziegenbart I also work Thursday but so nice of you to offer!

Megan
      Participant

Hey @colaptesauratus, @ziegenbart, & @emar – I am up to my eyeballs in this one design so I haven’t been around much…but any thoughts on tomorrow? One of my students said “zero to twenty inches of snow” which is the least helpful thing ever. I figure I’ll check back in tomorrow afternoon to see if y’all want to meet up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sounds line a plan. Let’s touch base after we see what mother nature decides to do.

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

Hey @coryphella and @ziegenbart looks like we dodged the weather bullet but I unfortunately am going to have to work late tonight – no meet up for me today 🙁

Megan
      Participant

@colaptesauratus & @ziegenbart – Yeah I’m severely disappointed in this “snowstorm.” @emar is sick as well and I have drawings due, let’s just plan on rescheduling.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@colaptesauratus I understand. If anyone can make it that’d be great, I’ll be there. I’ll have a drink for you. ? ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy New week my mn-lusties. Im good for a drink on Wednesday if anyone else is. Or Friday after 6 after a six hour session with my tattoo artist. Let me know if either works for any of you.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart – I’m hesitant to commit this week because I’m so behind on work, and driving students to St. Louis next week. I don’t want to say “yes” and then have to back out because of work…did it last night to a friend actually. 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella No worries. Thanks for the heads up and travel safe. I’m starting a public meetup group to see if I can find other local people interested in the arts/theater and escape rooms and such. Not really Lust related but I hear escape rooms can be more fun with a group of people. There are lots of events I’d like to experience with like minded people. Going alone is ok, but not as fun as it could be.

Oh, let me know if there are any projects your involved in that I could attend. I’d like to support your work. 🙂

Megan
      Participant

I do want us to have a MSP-Lust meetup, with @colaptesauratus too, I just don’t want to have to back out. I get back on the 11th, maybe the week after that?

Colaptesauratus
      Participant

I’m super flexible with the general time frame, it’s just a matter of which shifts I’m scheduled on any week. Whatever works best for you, @coryphella 🙂

2xDice
      Participant

Another Minneapolitan sounding off. I am also interested in a MN meet up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Welcome! Sorry I didn’t tag you. Wild gene on.

Megan
      Participant

Welcome @noahp!

So I could possibly grab a drink on Friday or Saturday, if that would work for people.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ll be in Minneapolis until a little after 6 then free on Friday. Could do a drink on Saturday or a coffee if earlier is better. I’m open.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Howdy everyone. I’ll have a drink with anyone that wants to after 6 tomorrow. After happy hour, I’m going to find a nearby theater showing Get Out. I hear good things. Open to fellow attendees.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@noahp @emar @colaptesauratus @coryphella What’s everyone’s general location around the cities and or willingness to travel a bit. I’d like to throw out an invite for coffee or what not but don’t know what might be a good location. I’m south of the cities but happy to drive up to at least Minneapolis or St Paul. Doesn’t have to be anything big. Like I said even a cup of coffee of a Sunday morning. But bigger events would absolutely be fun. (I know Megan is out of town for a bit).

Megan
      Participant

I live right by Macalester, in Saint Paul.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@noahp @emar @colaptesauratus @coryphella Anyone up for a drink? I’ve got time after 4 tomorrow, or possibly Friday/Sat. I liked that bar Megan suggested, the food was pretty good. I know there’s not a lot Lust related going on right now but we could still get together to put a face to the names.

Oh, Megan, I hope you had a safe and fun trip with your students.

2xDice
      Participant

I live at the south end of St. paul, by 35e. 4:00 is a little tough, since I usually leave work around 5. Sat might be a great idea, then we have a lot more options for an early happy hour or something.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@noahp Saturday could work. What time are you thinking?

Megan
      Participant

Hey everyone – I am trying desperately to come up for air – don’t wait for me though to set up a date, if I can make it I will. I’ve got 2 shows opening before mid April. St. Louis was great, I went to a session on escape room design and saw a whole bunch of theater students amazed that they were being told they could use their theater degrees to design games. I also jumped over everyone there to tell the presenters about Tension.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@noahp @emar @colaptesauratus @coryphella

I’ll be stopping by Groveland Tap after work tomorrow (Friday) for a drink and a bite to eat if anyone would like to meet up.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart I would love to but I’m at Red Eye Theater all day and night tomorrow. 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s cool @coryphella Just keeping the thread alive. I think we may have lost the others, they haven’t been active for some time now ?

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

I recently joined after a bit of silence on my end during the finale of Ascension, but I am also based in the Twin Cities – which is one of the reasons why it was incredibly difficult for me to actually attend Ascension in-person. Shit, I’m still trying to piece the story together from scattered first-hand accounts. One of the other reasons is that my epilepsy may have made it difficult for the cast to accommodate, so it’s not that I wasn’t able to attend for financial reasons either. Hopefully “Lust” brings me more opportunities to actually do something other than lurk and beg for scraps, yeah? 😛

I may not be able to make it this Friday, but I would certainly be open to other dates – barring work on my degree or putting in my 1.5k words per day, of course.

2xDice
      Participant

Hey Scott, that sounds like a good plan. Say 5:30-45?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@noahp Excellent! The first official Twin Cities Lust meetup has been confirmed.

Megan
      Participant

5:30 tomorrow Groveland Tap I will try my best to be there.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart @noahp – still on for 5:30 @ Groveland Tap? @voxchaotica?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella Absolutely. Just killing time until then.

2xDice
      Participant

Yep. I’ll be wearing a green sweater.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Black shirt and jacket for me.

Megan
      Participant

Striped sweater, green coat, really messy hair, looks like I just nearly fell off a ladder. That’s me.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

Just got this notification – but, as I have mentioned in my previous post, I will not be able to make this gathering. Future gatherings, I’ll have to check with my schedule – being a full-time student might cause conflicts within these next two months, but I certainly wish everyone the best with tonight’s gathering.

And for future gatherings, I’m the guy in the black jacket w/ graphic t-shirt, black jeans, puffy-mushroom hair, and complicated glasses that haven’t been fixed/cleaned in ten years.

Megan
      Participant

Sorry @voxchaotica I thought you said you weren’t sure yet.

Everyone else – I’m leaving shortly.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I should have got here earlier, it’s a popular place. I got us on the list but it’s a 45 min wait.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella We just sat down. Don’t get kidnapped.

Megan
      Participant

Don’t ruin my fun. I’m on 94

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

I should probably re-iterate that I will not be attending, in case a “Shadow Vox” attempts to crash the party. Can’t be too careful, yeah? 😛

Anonymous
      Inactive

@noahp @coryphella Great meeting you today! I had a really shitty day surrounded by negative people so it was nice to just sit down and talk/listen and share a few moments with similarly disturbed (stupid autocorrect) interested individuals. Looking forward to next time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey everyone. So our first get together was a great time and I’m reaching out for ideas for round two. A lot has been going on and maybe a conversation would help fill in some gasps. Thoughts, availability? Also a general call it to see who is still involved, I think we may have lost some, and for anyone else in the area that isn’t in our radar for invites.

@colaptesauratus
      @coryphella @noahp @voxchaotica

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart et al – Unfortunately I am pretty much slammed until April 16…until I have focus & cueing times for the show after this one on my calendar I don’t know if free evenings exist at all but they might then…otherwise I’m free April 16. And am honestly counting the days until April 16.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella. I understand. I’m actually kind of jealous of your busy schedule. Even if I don’t hear from anyone I’ll still put something on the calendar about once a week. I need to get out of the house sometimes. If nobody else is able to make it I can still use the time to catch up on forums or read my new Tension book.

Megan
        Participant

Uhhhh….no, @ziegenbart, do not be jealous of my schedule. This is the schedule of a person who can’t stand to spend time alone with herself.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

I apologize for not being as active, I temporarily forgot the password to this account and the password recovery function wasn’t willing to send it – or anything, for that matter – to my email. I’m busy until April 10th, although I would still need to know about any goings-on a few days in advance so I can work around it – rest assured, I am still willing to meet up.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart @voxchaotica @noahp – I’m going to make a bold statement and say maybe we should plan to get together on Monday 4/10? I *appear* to not have rehearsal that night…

Anonymous
      Inactive

What time are you thinking? I believe I can make that work.

Megan
      Participant

I hadn’t gotten that far. If others can attend maybe they could suggest times?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m good to go. I can do anytime after 4. Later is fine if needs be.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

Apologies for the late reply, but I could do April 10th as well – classes end an hour before 4 that day, so I’m good with that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella I was able to get ahold of @voxchaotica on Twitter and he is good to go for the 10th. Apparently he forgot his password to the Lust forums and the reset function does not work. I’ll keep him informed via Twitter as we finalize plans. I recall that @noahp had mentioned the same thing about the password reset at our last meetup. Perhaps that’s why he’s not communicating with us but I don’t know his Twitter. I reached out to @colaptesauratus and received no response.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh, there you are @voxchaotica. Hi.

Megan
      Participant

Ok Twin Cities people listen up – @voxchaotica @noahp @ziegenbart

We are getting together on Monday – HOWEVER – details will be DM’d rather than posted publicly on this here forum. Hope to see you there/then.

Megan
      Participant

Here’s a suggestion for @voxchaotica and @ziegenbart (and other Twin Cities people) – the show I’m working on, While You Were Out, opens at Red Eye Theater on Saturday night. It’s quasi-immersive-ish, the audience is seated but everyone wears headphones and hears characters’ inner thoughts. I can’t get you in for free (I can only get myself & my husband in on opening) but if you wanted to go, it’ll be interesting, and there’s a bar around the corner and we could meet there after to chat about Lust.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella That sounds awesome! My first actual live event. Seeds planted months ago by our own @mike and @russell finally bearing fruit. I should be good to go, but I’ll know for sure by tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for the heads up!!

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart – well, it isn’t horror, but it is experimental theater…and hopefully by Saturday it will be good. 🙂 Right now it’s very stoppy/starty and a work in progress.

Anyway, here’s the info:
      http://www.redeyetheater.org/event/while-you-were-out

Anonymous
      Inactive

Doesn’t need to be horror. Experimental is just fine.

scot
      Participant

@voxchaotica and ither TC lusties
      ybb ru qj 1278 bedu eqa heqt ij fqkb vhec 4-515 jetqo jkuitqo veh q thyda yv oekt byau je jeksx rqiu iehho iksx ixehj dejysu

Megan
      Participant

Oh for fuck’s sake. You’re making me do work.

scot
      Participant

Oh it’s a super simple one. ?

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

u wot m8

fuck it, I’ll run my ciphers in a few hours after class

scot
      Participant

Ceaser +9

I got an unexpected window of time out. I know short notice doesn’t work and some people aren’t in the Meetup mode. I’ve been trying to hone my Cipher skills, not to developed yet. I’m going to our local speak easy for a drink. I’ll go over my Tension book, but I’m not so sure it’s relevant anymore . . .

The message was

ill be at 1278 lone oak road st paul from 4-515 today tuesday for a drink if youd like to touch base sorry such short notice

scot
      Participant

I’ll be at Groveland Tap tomorrow (Wed/3) around 4:30 if any Twin Cities lusties would like to have a drink and talk about whatever the hell is going on here

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr – I will be there – will need to head over to Mac to see a student’s performance at 6 so I will set an alarm on my phone…we seem to get caught up in conversation. 🙂

scot
      Participant

Yes, we do. I have lots of questions after yesterday/last night.

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr – still on for 4:30 @ Groveland Tap?

scot
      Participant

Yes. I’m actually might get there a little early. If I do I’ll get a table/get on the list if they’re busy.

scot
      Participant

@coryphella @voxchaotica (and the rest of the community) Please welcome @tttterri to the Twin Cities group and the overall community. She has no idea what she’s just gotten herself into is the newest member of our crazy little family. She’s brand new so any help you can offer will be appreciated. We’ll have to get together sometime to fill her in on what we know, which isn’t much I suppose.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

I’m currently going through final exam hell, so it’ll be a few weeks until I can join, yeah?

Terri
      Participant

Hello everyone

Megan
      Participant

Hi @tttterri!! Welcome!

scot
      Participant

@tttterri @coryphella @voxchaotica how would next wed around 4/5 work for you as a potential get together?

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr – Do you mean 5/31? I’m in Austin next week, I’ll be back 5/27.

Terri
      Participant

I’m unavailable from May 24th to May 30th. I’m available May 31.

scot
      Participant

31 works for me. More time to plan schedules. @voxchaotica? As I recall you have yet to prove you are not a robot.

Vox Chaotica
      Participant

Wednesday, May 31st at around 4 or 5 PM should theoretically work, although I’ll most likely drop around a bit after five – I’ll need to buy one of my friends a burger or something to give me a lift, as I’ve had incredibly poor experiences with rideshare services in the past that I don’t trust anyone I don’t immediately know to give me a lift, and my doctor has yet to give me the “OK” to obtain a driver’s license even after 10 years of waiting. Same thing will apply if my iConfidant is located within the Twin Cities, I’ll make sure that’s a priority for ride planning – maybe I’ll buy my friends two burgers, or even make them myself; I’m currently in the process of testing ways to make burgers for the “Test Location” of my Restaurant, and I’m sure they would be thrilled to be part of the process.

Once you hear what I sound like, however, you may still come to the conclusion that I am, indeed, a robot.

Viewing 96 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar