Thinking about last night

This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by scot.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

Mods – if you want to merge this with another thread, please do so.

I wanted to start a new thread on theories/thoughts based on things that happened last night.

– Noah shows up and starts saying that everything is his fault. This is NOT the Noah we’ve come to know. This isn’t the same Noah who runs the System. Someone like that would never admit defeat like that.
      – At the focus group, Sarah had the participants “convince” each other of certain things (shirt is a different color, various scenarios about infidelity, etc). Maybe Sarah wasn’t teaching us how to be manipulative, but instead was taking notes for herself. Then she convinces Noah, based on our techniques, that he was wrong….that would make sense given how he said it’s all his fault. Maybe Sarah convinced him it was his fault he fell for it.
      – Did anyone see any Tic-Tacs? If not, Shadow Noah confirmed?
      – Sarah’s interest in @taysavestheday. Asking about his Phd, then taking pictures of all sides of him. Shadow Taylor 3d model with implanted knowledge of hearts (which Lust told us they were going to break)??
      – Macy showing up on @electrichippo ‘s Periscope wanting to stop Sarah. What does Macy know? She knows enough to try and get someone to stop Sarah taking pictures of Taylor. What happened to Never silent? Macy – if you have info, please come forward.
      @prufrock5150 getting a burner phone from Noah – Maybe Noah is just playing along and wasn’t convinced it’s his fault. I have hope.
      – The deleting of threads and Never Silent on FB. I think this proves that DLB/CS are not involved with Lust. We know DLB has gone on record many times saying he’s against hand holding and these things seem like something he wouldn’t do. Seems very “investor-like”.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

A couple of things to add to this @mike (and apologies if these have been discussed already, but there’s a lot of posts to comb through).

-Sarah coming prepared with written jokes is nothing like the Sarah we’ve seen on emails, or the Sarah people encountered at the Focus Group. This is somebody that was rattled, uncertain, and DESPERATE to make sure the night went off without a hitch. Who was she worried about impressing?

-Answer provided in the note from “TG” that was left behind, saying that he’d be watching. That’s got to be Timothy Granik, from the leaked dead drop email. So is Timothy Granik one of The Investors™, or are those people his superiors? Either way, Sarah clearly wants them to feel things are under control.

So going into the live training next month, we’ve got some interesting dynamics in play:

-Sarah fronting that everything is fine to the people that her handler (Granik) answers to.

-Noah trying to undermine from the inside. (Because shit ain’t fine. At all.)

-Macy the fly in the ointment, gunning for Sarah as well, and watching our every move and Periscope.

Whatever the live training ends up being, one thing is for certain: everyone’s going to have an angle.

Mike
      Participant

Good points @bcbishop

Is Sarah the new OOA? Is Noah the new BoS? Is Macy the new Tom Barrow? Is Otis the new Benny?

If there’s an in person event, with everything going on, there has to be some drama unfolding…but how? We don’t know who Macy is or if she’s alone. Maybe the other people on that email have her back. We haven’t heard much from them.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

I think Sarah is trying to make things look good for The Investors. After all, if it looks like she’s not in control of the situation the Investors might decide to pull funding from Sinclair Inc.

Now that @prufrock5150 has gone public with the situation on Noah’s phone Sarah knows that he’s not fully under her thumb-perhaps she knew this before the event began?

I’d kill for the chance to talk to Macy…she’s been at Sinclair Inc for a while. Wonder what she knows.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@bcbishop, I saw no desperation from Sarah at all last night. In her voice, in her actions, in her demeanor. She definitely felt like someone who was so use to being perfect and ruthless that she prepared a joke so we could see a more human side of her.

Sarah was not rattled or uncertain last night. She felt in control the entire evening. It was Noah who wasn’t.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@taysavestheday Somebody that’s utterly in control doesn’t need to script a joke so people can see a more human side of them, imo — and they particularly don’t call out that they’re doing it. That’s inherently the sign of somebody that’s trying to sell a certain image – somebody with something to prove.

Was she worried about such pleasantries when you both took a step away from the group? The dynamics are really interesting here.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

When we stepped aside, she was still all business. She never showed me a soft side.

And I still think writing out the joke was simply her organized, preparer side surfacing. I’ve written out key points in a piece of paper when I was calling a girl I liked in the phone. I don’t equate that to desperation, just someone being thoroughly prepared.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@taysavestheday Just figured I’d chime in. People often hire comedians to write jokes to throw into speeches or when someone addresses the public. Jokes are a way to soften any anxiety, spark a rapport with said audience, and make the audience relate to the speaker as a human being first and foremost.

Do you have a copy of the joke? If posted elsewhere, guide me please. Thanks!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@taysavestheday Thank you for clarifying. Excited (scared?) to see where the pictures she took come into play!

Jokes are a way to soften any anxiety, spark a rapport with said audience, and make the audience relate to the speaker as a human being first and foremost.

Thanks @tyson – that’s what I’ve been trying to articulate. The whole scenario speaks to Sarah being out of her comfort zone. It may be as benign as her wanting to make sure everything is smoothed over in the wake of the arrest, leaks, and press releases. But even that strikes me as the actions of someone trying to cover-up or solve a problem, not someone effortlessly at the top of their game. After all, TG is watching.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@tyson
      (If this has been posted elsewhere, forgive me. The forum’s pace is certainly breakneck.)

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

scot
      Participant

I had a different take on the joke and her telling it. I actually saw it as a deliberate and power asserting move.
      The joke is about a foolish monkey running around consuming everything in sight with no thought of the consequences and he gets it in the end. I feel like she was hiding the truth in pain sight. We are all foolish little monkeys eagerly consuming everything we can find with no thought of the consequences. She didn’t finish it because she didn’t have to. She knew that we would run to find it on our own, thereby proving her point and establishing our relative positions in this relationship.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr How very meta.

And also very true. It isn’t the first time we’ve been warned that we have no idea what’s going on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kipsie Thank you. After reading this joke, I feel like I should offer Sarah some tips on the type of jokes she chooses to tell. Aren’t jokes supposed to be funny?

(Also, case and point by it not being funny so it isn’t a “joke” – – I agree with what @ziegenbartsr said.)

Max Z
      Participant

@ziegenbartsr Interesting, my interpretation of the joke was that Noah was the monkey, enthralling to those around him as a spectacle but still ultimately the “pet”, and it was her veiled way of saying that he had “learned his lesson”, with perhaps her being the Owner. The irony of course is that the monkey didn’t stop consuming everything, he just does it more carefully now. Noah is still acting out, and still drinking, he’s just doing it in bathrooms with Tom now.

There’s also something curious to be said about how the way the monkey mitigates the negative effects of his bad habit is by doing something perhaps even more disgusting…

scot
      Participant

@maxzumstein that could absolutely be the case. Since I’ve never met or talked to any of the players my first instinct is to internalize everything. It is absolutely possible that you are correct. And when considering the whole experience that may make more sense. Still a similar motive for making the joke, but putting Noah on the line and not us. Which is even more aggressive considering they are married. Damn. Wow, thanks for this. Uh, team Noah???

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar