The Things We Don't See

This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Hannah Schenck.

• Author
       Cristen
      Participant

Hello again, friendlies. Through doing my FB post write ups I’ve noticed a few times that the photos seemed to be deliberately cropped to obscure the full story in the scene, so I went back through all the “Chapter One” posts so far and made a little album to compare and contrast the images.

Take a look HERE.

Consider what we think we see versus what is actually around us.

Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave”, mentioned forever ago here by @thebuz. Who is the first person pictured in the crop of “The Death of Socrates” on day one of “Chapter One.” We see what is in front of us without looking at the whole picture. Why are we deliberately being shown part of a whole narrative?

What kinds of themes are we seeing that link the larger versions of these images? Women in peril, chaos, the marriage of war and love as peace, danger, danger, danger.

Set your fingers typing and lets clear some cobwebs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Cave Theory can be read HERE.

@wanda102
      This is really good detective work.

The metaphors are all there.

We see a cool power couple teaching us how to be successful… what’s really going on is two people struggling for survival amongst addiction, adultery, and murderous in-laws.

A fun new app that matches us with our perfect companion is what we’re being shown…. but behind it all could be a nefarious data mining robot hate fuck machine ready to destroy us all.

The Shadow makers want us to see this one thing while they are pulling the worlds greatest rope-a-dope right before us.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

This is so fantastically detailed and awesome and you are awesome for catching this and putting it together.

We are clearly being given a perspective and not the whole truth. Having all perspectives allows you the opportunity to form your own opinion without others’ bias.

It would be one thing if these paintings cropped out a door frame or a random dog in a corner or something, but there are very significant things deliberately being cropped out that tell the whole contextual story.

Fuck yeah @wanda102

Anonymous
      Inactive

Also in case anyone was wondering.

Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave”, mentioned forever ago here by @thebuz. Who is the first person pictured in the crop of “The Death of Socrates” on day one of “Chapter One.”

Mother Fuck Plato

Mother fuckin’ Plato.

Pretty interesting that they chose to focus entirely on Plato and not poor old Socrates who is dying in the full photo.

Maxwell R
      Participant

Damn @wanda102 great work! Its nice to be able to see where all of these came from. There is definitely a sense of danger or shame presented in a lot of these images. some of them also seem to be focused on the bystander taking witness to atrocities happening in front of them but taking no action. Im sure the analysis of all of these will go crazy but at first glance there is a definite message being sent.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The images are focusing specifically on what they want us to see…and the quotes fit nicely the images in some way.
      This has probably been mentioned by someone else, but what if the images are somehow trying to convey ideas?

Brian E
      Participant

@wanda102 Thank you for putting this together, great job with the detailed explanations and break downs of each piece and what’s missing.

David Shields
      Participant

I though there might be that we are the side caricatures and we can only see half of the picture, and while what we see is interesting it is not all of what is going on. we need to look around us and see if there is something we are missing. Or maby this could be the overarching story that what we see is not the hole story.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Down the rabbit hole we go…

Kevin
      Participant

Awesome work @wanda102! Really great to have all of the images compiled in one place like that. Helped me piece something together too. So when they started posting the images, I remember looking into it and seeing that the first few were all neoclassical but then stopped. Using everything you put together, it does look like all (or at least almost all) of the paintings have been in that style. From some quick research, it looks like all of the statues posted from the prologue are much older.

We’ve recently heard that some are upset by the move away from the old Book of Anoch and towards the more modern one. There’s a strong thematic tie in to the statues and then paintings. Neoclassical art drew inspiration from the art that came out of Greece and Rome. Just as the art we’re seeing in the paintings reinterpreted the art we saw in the statues, a new group reinterpreted the Book of Anoch.

Jackie
      Participant

Absolutely magnificent.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@thebuz I’m no scholar, but did Socrates actually exist or was he the ultimate creation from within Plato’s cave? The Socrates post came at the same time DLB got the weird call. Could he be an allusion to Socrates? DLB fits the mold of aguy whom is “put to death for getting people to believe in false gods”. Socrates accepted his fate in death, according to Platos story, just as Darren may be accepting his own fate of sorts. Just some thoughts from my weird brain. Also, what if Sarah Sinclair is the “it” willed to life from its creator and Sarah IS the groups attempt at a “real oracle”….??

111error
      Participant

In a lot of these, what is being cropped out is either a literal trap, or leaves the subjects trapped in some way.

@meghanmayhem

It would be one thing if these paintings cropped out a door frame or a random dog in a corner or something, but there are very significant things deliberately being cropped out that tell the whole contextual story.

Not just what is being cropped out, as in “The Death Of Socrates” the posted version also highlights Plato’s wife in the background waving at him. His partner, or ‘assistant’ is made clearer.

There are a lot of clues we hadn’t previously considered.

Sage
      Participant

Wow, I think I need time to process this amazing discovery and work by @wanda102 before I can theorize. It is notable the precision and care that was taken in the cropping. Each cropped piece is visually spectacular on its own, so this was definitely well thought out and planned.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Welp. Pretty fucking sure the new painting post confirms that deliberate cropping theory.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Woah. This all is so fitting within my newest theory.

The things we don’t see… Such as whom the real Otis Fletcher is, why someone would want to pretend to be someone appearing so kind to gain our trust, or whom is pulling the strings to provide the manipulation!

Otis, or whomever you really are, I have the slightest tugging at my heart strings that you are (a part of the) “always watching”.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

What if we’ve been wrong on the “shadow” theme. It’s not that duplicates of us are being made, or our “shadow selves” that perfectly complement us. What if it truly is our shadow, a part of us, the part of us that blocks the light creating the shadow. Just as these images don’t show the whole story, they hide things, just as we do ourselves. We hide elements of ourselves from others, we put out an edited version of who we are to the world around us.

Noah put out the super confident, “man in charge” version of himself, when really he seems to just be following his daddy. Otis (possibly) put out this image of him being a kindly old man who doesn’t understand technology, when really he could be a force to be reckoned with.

We all hide parts of us in the shadows. What if this is what these images are trying to convey to us about ourselves? Who we are VS who we display to the world.

Megan
      Participant

So, regarding Otis – I have a couple of theories about who the “King” is because I do NOT thing it’s Horace. I think the King is someone that we know and don’t expect, I think Otis said as much.

Horace is a 10.

One of my theories is that the King will turn out to be Otis – Otis is behind this, or maybe “John,” but that he is the one at the top that we’re being asked to help.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@nothenrygale This is something I’d brought up in the past I’m regards to the shadow accounts. With the exception of @thebuz, every one of our shadow accounts popped up to call us our for something. Posting the audio, dropping the note, posting overly verbose theories, etc. They all seemed to be trying to shame us for something about ourselves. At least that’s how it appeared to me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@tyson

I’m no scholar, but did Socrates actually exist or was he the ultimate creation from within Plato’s cave?

There is a lot of evidence that Socrates was a real person. However Plato did do a bunch of writings AS his teacher Socrates. Specifically with the writings of Socrates trial titled “The Apology of Socrates” in which Plato wrote about Socrates trial from the POV of Socrates himself. Plato even wrote himself in as a character. Sound familiar?

So with that being said and tying into the whole picture cropping business…

Could Plato represent the Creators (DLB&CS) and Socrates represent Anoch? A real entity but also a creation of Plato in some cases.

Both were of course condemned to death for “Corruption of The Greece Youth”.

I need to do some more reading here, but I definitely think there is more to this Plato/Socrates business than meets the eye. Bigger Picture if you will.

Cristen
      Participant

@thebuz funnily enough, Socrates was sentenced to die for corrupting the youth particularly by introducing “strange gods.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella excellent, we agree (which exists me in and of it’s own!) Otis (whomever he really is) could be the “king we do not realize exists”. Horace, the system, OSDM, iConfidant, Noah, Sarah… everyone we thought was in control at some point, has turned out to show their flip flopping and fighting for “power”. That’s fitting right in with the 10’s and 2’s always switching, etc.

@thebuz – I would recommend looking into Socrates and Plato for everyone involved in this. I did not know anything really, other than he was the philosophical greek dude that “admitted he knew nothing, therefore was the smartest man”. There literally are people who believe Socrates was a creation. But, on the note of Socrates, it is maybe noteworthy to mention he supposedly would go into cities/governments of the time seeking the philosophers. He would get them to tell him all about how they knew this, how they “knew” that, only to lead the discussion in a way that literally made them later state things to completely contradict what they had stated earlier.

This entire history thing of Socrates/Plato could tie right into everything we are learning perfectly. If Socrates was created by Plato (there are entire discussions you can find online on the debate as to whether or not the story we know of Socrates was just Plato’s creation) – – it could definitely tie into my theory that people are using this whole experience thing against us. It provides the perfect grounds for “evil guy/gal xyz” to come in (much like Otis) as a kind caring individual, only to disappear out of our sights. Actually, a lot of characters seem to have disintegrated back into the darkness of which they came…

Anonymous
      Inactive

@tyson

I would recommend looking into Socrates and Plato for everyone involved in this. I did not know anything really, other than he was the philosophical greek dude that “admitted he knew nothing, therefore was the smartest man”.

Many of us have been since the Cave theory was explored early on.

I will say that we should start diving into the Socratic dialogues that chronicle the last days of Socrates. There might be something there.

Apology of Socrates

The Apology of Socrates (Greek: Ἀπολογία Σωκράτους, Apologia Sokratous, Latin: Apologia Socratis), by Plato, is the Socratic dialogue that presents the speech of legal self-defence, which Socrates presented at his trial for impiety and corruption, in 399 BC.[1]

Specifically, the Apology of Socrates is a defence against the charges of “corrupting the young” and “not believing in the gods in whom the city believes, but in other daimonia that are novel” to Athens (24b).[2]

Among the primary sources about the trial and death of the philosopher Socrates (469–399 BC), the Apology of Socrates is the dialogue that depicts the trial, and is one of four Socratic dialogues, along with Euthyphro, Phaedo, and Crito, through which Plato details the final days of the philosopher Socrates.

Eurthyphro

Euthyphro (/ˈjuːθɪfroʊ/; Ancient Greek: Εὐθύφρων, Euthuphrōn), [ca. 399–395 BC], by Plato, is a dialogue whose events occur in the weeks before the trial of Socrates (399 BC), for which Socrates and Euthyphro attempt to establish a definitive meaning for the word piety (holiness).[1]

Phaedo

Phædo or Phaedo (/ˈfiːdoʊ/; Greek: Φαίδων, Phaidōn, Greek pronunciation: [pʰaídɔːn]), also known to ancient readers as On The Soul,[1] is one of the best-known dialogues of Plato’s middle period, along with the Republic and the Symposium. The Phaedo, which depicts the death of Socrates, is also Plato’s fourth and last dialogue to detail the philosopher’s final days, following Euthyphro, Apology, and Crito.

Crito

Crito (/ˈkraɪtoʊ/ KRY-toh or /ˈkriːtoʊ/ KREE-toh; Ancient Greek: Κρίτων [krítɔːn]) is a dialogue by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato. It depicts a conversation between Socrates and his wealthy friend Crito regarding justice (δικαιοσύνη), injustice (ἀδικία), and the appropriate response to injustice. Socrates thinks that injustice may not be answered with injustice, and refuses Crito’s offer to finance his escape from prison. The dialogue contains an ancient statement of the social contract theory of government.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks like I have some summer reading now. Bring on the cliffnotes!

Thank you @thebuz for the reading material start point. @wanda102 thank you for pointing out the cropping in the first place. Great catch!

Cristen
      Participant

@thebuz Phaedo especially stands out to me as worth looking at. It’s the dialogue being delivered in “Death of Socrates,” and deals with the mortal, destructible nature of the human body and the Soul as it’s indestructible opposite. The soul is immortal. While a human can starve, sicken, and die; the soul carries on.

Haven’t we said that in alchemical transmutation, one could theoretically transmute the immortal human soul of one being into another?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@wanda102 Wow! Great catch. This ties into a ton of the stuff we’ve seen hints at. Essentially this what they were doing at Ascension by trying to find the right oracle to bring about their version of Anoch.

That is of course until the rug got pulled out from under them.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This also brings up some potential links to Plato’s Theory of Forms.

Plato’s theory of Forms or theory of Ideas[1][2][3] argues that non-physical (but substantial) forms (or ideas) represent the most accurate reality.[4] When used in this sense, the word form or idea is often capitalized.[5] Plato speaks of these entities only through the characters (primarily Socrates) of his dialogues who sometimes suggest that these Forms are the only objects of study that can provide knowledge; thus even apart from the very controversial status of the theory, Plato’s own views are much in doubt.[6] However, the theory is considered a classical solution to the problem of universals.

You could essentially replace “Plato” with “The Creators” here and we’re essentially describing The Tension Experience and The Lust Experience.

Cara
      Participant

The latest Facebook quote referencing “the bigger picture”seems like a direct confirmation about our theory of them cropping out dangerous elements from the paintings, no?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@chrysalis359 Yes, I think you are right

Viewing 28 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar