The Things We Don't See

This topic contains 28 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Hannah Schenck 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Cristen 
    Participant

Hello again, friendlies. Through doing my FB post write ups I’ve noticed a few times that the photos seemed to be deliberately cropped to obscure the full story in the scene, so I went back through all the “Chapter One” posts so far and made a little album to compare and contrast the images.

Take a look HERE.

Consider what we think we see versus what is actually around us.

Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave”, mentioned forever ago here by @thebuz. Who is the first person pictured in the crop of “The Death of Socrates” on day one of “Chapter One.” We see what is in front of us without looking at the whole picture. Why are we deliberately being shown part of a whole narrative?

What kinds of themes are we seeing that link the larger versions of these images? Women in peril, chaos, the marriage of war and love as peace, danger, danger, danger.

Set your fingers typing and lets clear some cobwebs.

Buz Wallick 

The Cave Theory can be read HERE.

@wanda102 This is really good detective work.

The metaphors are all there.

We see a cool power couple teaching us how to be successful… what’s really going on is two people struggling for survival amongst addiction, adultery, and murderous in-laws.

A fun new app that matches us with our perfect companion is what we’re being shown…. but behind it all could be a nefarious data mining robot hate fuck machine ready to destroy us all.

The Shadow makers want us to see this one thing while they are pulling the worlds greatest rope-a-dope right before us.

Meghan Mayhem 
    Participant

This is so fantastically detailed and awesome and you are awesome for catching this and putting it together.

We are clearly being given a perspective and not the whole truth. Having all perspectives allows you the opportunity to form your own opinion without others’ bias.

It would be one thing if these paintings cropped out a door frame or a random dog in a corner or something, but there are very significant things deliberately being cropped out that tell the whole contextual story.

Fuck yeah @wanda102

Buz Wallick 

Also in case anyone was wondering.

Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave”, mentioned forever ago here by @thebuz. Who is the first person pictured in the crop of “The Death of Socrates” on day one of “Chapter One.”

Mother Fuck Plato

Mother fuckin’ Plato.

Pretty interesting that they chose to focus entirely on Plato and not poor old Socrates who is dying in the full photo.

Maxwell R 
    Participant

Damn @wanda102 great work! Its nice to be able to see where all of these came from. There is definitely a sense of danger or shame presented in a lot of these images. some of them also seem to be focused on the bystander taking witness to atrocities happening in front of them but taking no action. Im sure the analysis of all of these will go crazy but at first glance there is a definite message being sent.

Lexi 
    Participant

The images are focusing specifically on what they want us to see…and the quotes fit nicely the images in some way.
    This has probably been mentioned by someone else, but what if the images are somehow trying to convey ideas?

Brian E 
    Participant

@wanda102 Thank you for putting this together, great job with the detailed explanations and break downs of each piece and what’s missing.

David Shields 
    Participant

I though there might be that we are the side caricatures and we can only see half of the picture, and while what we see is interesting it is not all of what is going on. we need to look around us and see if there is something we are missing. Or maby this could be the overarching story that what we see is not the hole story.

Julie R Goldstein 
    Participant

Down the rabbit hole we go…

Kevin 
    Participant

Awesome work @wanda102! Really great to have all of the images compiled in one place like that. Helped me piece something together too. So when they started posting the images, I remember looking into it and seeing that the first few were all neoclassical but then stopped. Using everything you put together, it does look like all (or at least almost all) of the paintings have been in that style. From some quick research, it looks like all of the statues posted from the prologue are much older.

We’ve recently heard that some are upset by the move away from the old Book of Anoch and towards the more modern one. There’s a strong thematic tie in to the statues and then paintings. Neoclassical art drew inspiration from the art that came out of Greece and Rome. Just as the art we’re seeing in the paintings reinterpreted the art we saw in the statues, a new group reinterpreted the Book of Anoch.

Jackie 
    Participant

Absolutely magnificent.

Anonymous

@thebuz I’m no scholar, but did Socrates actually exist or was he the ultimate creation from within Plato’s cave? The Socrates post came at the same time DLB got the weird call. Could he be an allusion to Socrates? DLB fits the mold of aguy whom is “put to death for getting people to believe in false gods”. Socrates accepted his fate in death, according to Platos story, just as Darren may be accepting his own fate of sorts. Just some thoughts from my weird brain. Also, what if Sarah Sinclair is the “it” willed to life from its creator and Sarah IS the groups attempt at a “real oracle”….??

111error 
    Participant

In a lot of these, what is being cropped out is either a literal trap, or leaves the subjects trapped in some way.

@meghanmayhem

It would be one thing if these paintings cropped out a door frame or a random dog in a corner or something, but there are very significant things deliberately being cropped out that tell the whole contextual story.

Not just what is being cropped out, as in “The Death Of Socrates” the posted version also highlights Plato’s wife in the background waving at him. His partner, or ‘assistant’ is made clearer.

There are a lot of clues we hadn’t previously considered.

Sage 
    Participant

Wow, I think I need time to process this amazing discovery and work by @wanda102 before I can theorize. It is notable the precision and care that was taken in the cropping. Each cropped piece is visually spectacular on its own, so this was definitely well thought out and planned.

Meghan Mayhem 
    Participant

Welp. Pretty fucking sure the new painting post confirms that deliberate cropping theory.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar