The ODSM, Their Members, and Their Purposes

This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom Kircher.

• Author
       Tom Kircher
      Participant

Every character in a story is there to serve some sort of purpose to the progression of the narrative. Every member of an organization, every employee of a company, is there to fulfill some sort of purpose to the larger entity. By understanding a part’s function within a whole, I believe that it’s possible to better understand the whole itself. With this in mind, I believe a key to better understanding the ODSM is to understand it’s members and their purpose or functions within the organization. While there have been a number of threads speculating about the various ODSM members we’ve been introduced to thus far, I believe that understanding their basic functions or purposes may help us better comprehend how they serve the ODSM and how they affect us.

Possible Motives/Functions/Purposes:

ODSM:
      * Data collection:
      * Creates scenarios/communal experiences to see how we react to certain situations or emotions.
      * Creates questionnaires, surveys, and interactions to gain personal information about people.

Michelle
      * Reveals Truth:
      * At The End, she fully stripped away the artifice of TENSION, revealing to Sabrina who she truly was.
      * At the book release party, she chastised us for still believing the lies and propaganda.

Noah Sinclair:
      * Recruitment:
      * Signing up for his lectures, invitations to events.
      * Division:
      * Separating the community into winners, losers, maybes, etc, creating rifts among us within the game.
      * Pitting losers against each other for the chance to become winners.

Darren and Clint:
      * Patsies/Fall Guys:
      * Addison’s diary said something along the lines of the OOA looking for someone from Hollywood to take the fall if things went south.
      * Meta-Narrative:
      * Them being fired blurs the lines between reality and fiction.

These of course are just a few of my thoughts, and I could be very wrong with my theories. However, I do believe that discussing even the most basic purposes and functions behind the people we’ve interacted with thus far is important.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Tom Kircher. Reason: Formatting error
Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar