The mystery of the different corporate entities

This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Shaun.

• Author
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

This may have already been discussed, but I couldn’t find mention of it and it just occurred to me, so dropping this here for further thought…

1. When we first started signing up for consideration for The System, we all received emails from Sarah Sinclair, COO of Noah Sinclair, Inc.

2. When @julierei was invited to the initial Focus Group however, she was a guest of Sinclair Industries, Inc. I’m assuming the badges everyone else received at the Focus Group said something similar. (cc: @mike @russell @thebuz @hazelverse and all other associated parties for confirmation.)

3. The press release we all received via email last week was signed Sarah Sinclair of Noah Sinclair, Inc.

4. Macy Jones, who just emailed everyone, also signs her emails as being part of Noah Sinclair, Inc.

Is this a mistake? Is Noah Sinclair, Inc. simply a division of Sinclair Industries, Inc.? (And if so, why have different names in the first place?)

Is it possible that this somehow plays into the notion of “IT”? Are one of these entities the work of a virtual intelligence, while the other is the entity the real, physical Noah and Sarah are part of?

Have I had too much coffee?

Candace
      Participant

My name tag said Sinclair Industries

Mike
      Participant

This is my tinfoil hat type thinking…but what if…Sinclair Industries is more of the collective. There are theories that the Sinclair’s are part of OSDM. What if Sinclair Industries is a division/branch of OSDM? Then possibly the direct emails are a subdivision/off the radar type group. Or maybe they have an “agreement” and can do things on their own, without interference, under a different name?

Cristen
      Participant

As did mine. It could be sub-corporations within Sinclair Industries as a whole, though the commercial banker in me wonders why the smaller entity isn’t just an LLC with the larger INC as the majority owner. I know. I’ll show myself out.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mike Much like how PepsiCo is the umbrella company that owns the brands Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Lay’s, Gatorade, Tropicana, 7 Up, Doritos, Lipton Teas, Brisk, Quaker Foods, Cheetos, Mirinda, Ruffles, Aquafina, Naked, Kevita, Propel, Sobe, H2oh, Sabra, Starbucks (ready to Drink Beverages), Pepsi Max, Tostitos, Mist Twist, Fritos, and Walkers.

Mike
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Exactly!! They just happen to love their name so much, it’s included in every division 🙂

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mike And much like PepsiCo, they own companies with their name in it, but there’s plenty of companies they own with completely different names that no one even realizes are owned by PepsiCo. The same could be said of OSDM or Sinclair Industries. Just because it isn’t an obvious name connection doesn’t mean you won’t see the connection if you read the label close enough.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@meghanmayhem @mike I love that take too, because it begs another question. If Sinclair Industries, Inc. is the umbrella corporation, by definition there has to be at least one other division beyond just Noah Sinclair, Inc.

What else haven’t we seen?

(Personally, I’m hoping Russell Eaton, Inc. shows up at some point, but like I said: I’ve had a lot of coffee.)

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

It should also be noted that sometimes companies will split off into different entities, one company creating a separate production company solely for the use of one show created for the initial company for example, in order to protect oneself for corporate blame. As in, if this production company is owned by the initial business, but is technically “it’s own entity”, then if that company accidentally say, kills a person, the initial business isn’t to blame, the secondary corporation is.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Yep. A parent corporation like our beloved media companies will create multiple subsidiaries that are their own entities, in order to isolate liability within each group. One division might go bankrupt while another thrives, so that if the bankrupt entity has a creditor it owes money to, the creditor does not have recourse to any other subsidiary or the parent.

Should a marital separation occur — not saying it has — then from the date of separation in CA, income earned is the sole and separate property of each person as long as the funds are not co-mingled. So perhaps that is what has occurred.

Or perhaps we have multiple corporate identities so that if any one of them FUCKS UP, the liability is contained.

I’ll be over here with @wanda102….

Cristen
      Participant

Oh hey @larry! Did you bring the canapés?

Jackie
      Participant
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@wanda102 No, but I did bring…

…the corporate veil!

Shaun
      Participant

Either way the various email address domains @gmail.com and @noahsinclair.com is pretty bush league if you ask me!

Maybe no one is in control and it’s just chaos.. as seen in the recent focus group.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar