The Leak: Leader or Liar?

This topic has 62 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Hannah Schenck.

• Author
       Chris
      Participant

A trio of women all burned by the OSDM aped their methods today in order to announce to the world in the loudest, most thrilling way possible: the Resistance is alive again. Those of us who resisted human Fluffernutter @joycecarlberg should be relieved. Among the intrepid crew following Stacey’s clues, @meghanmayhem has been chosen to have a one-on-one sit down with the as yet unnamed leader of this Resistance. One who they believe can “take them all down.” During the hunt today they took great pains to remind us several times of the long held suspicion that among us was a plant or a leak. What we’ve never learned for sure is what exactly has been leaking? Are we dealing with an informant working for Horace and Joyce funneling information about us to the OSDM, or is this mystery person in fact working with the Resistance? Perhaps leading the resistance? What does the Activity Feed tell us? Think back: from who did we first hear about the possibility of a mole within the participants? Who put that idea into our head and who has tried to weed them out? If I was to bet, I think that @meghanmayhem will be meeting the Leader and the Leak at the same time this Sunday. Not Sarah, not Sabrina, not someone from our past. Someone from our present. Someone who has been in plain sight this whole time. Someone who posted on the forums today. And if the opposite proves true and the leak is working for the OSDM and by outing them the Resistance is declaring a new enemy, woe to them. Someone on these forums is either smiling or sweating right now. What does the evidence tell us? What has been leaking, and to where?

Chris
      Participant

For those of you who were around from the beginning: what do you think about the affiliation of @dark2light? Was this the OSDM booting up their old bot in order to flush out a member of the Resistance, or was this tech wiz @staceyerikson using their program against them to alert us of an OSDM spy?

Addison
      Participant

I’ve always considered Light2Dark and now @dark2light as more of an etherial being. Light2Dark felt almost like a ghost in the machine that came in when we needed guidance, even though there was a definite lapse in communication, like when someone is so deeply knowledgeable about something that they don’t know how to break it down in layman’s terms.

@dark2light
      seems more direct, though rather than the previously vague but focused communication, we’re getting very direct information that we never seemed to have an immediate use for.

Lauren Bello

Light2Dark suggested that his/her role was an official observer, marking and tallying, noting in scope and mirror, etc. For example, a typical L2D post:

“Your _ path will be favored.
      Efforts have been marked.”

Definitely seemed to exist outside OSDM, OOA, and BOS. Was about giving you feedback on your experience, how you were doing, what progress you were making. Almost like a vague oracle or prophet. (Here‘s a thread with a bunch of L2D activity, as an example.)

D2L definitely seemed wayyyyyy more direct. My hunch, though, is that D2L is still similarly oracular/prophetic, existing outside the experience. Foreshadowing something, not to undermine either BOS or OSDM, but simply because that’s what he or she does…foreshadows.

Chris
      Participant

That’s a very interesting take, @daela. But then it still has me wondering how @dark2light was updated and sent here. If its function was to simply state objectively that a leak exists without any allegiance one way or the other, then that doesn’t make it any easier to deduce on whose side the leak is. The new BOS could have found the OSDM leaker after knowing what to look for thanks to @dark2light, or assume that their leaker has already been partially compromised and there will be more benefit in revealing them as a recruitment tactic than trying to keep them hidden and active. It could go either way.

Lauren Bello

This is the one thing I don’t have screencaps of – does anyone remember who stepped in after D2L’s post and announced that they were being deleted? Was it the Creators? If we can figure out who was opposed to D2L’s outburst, that could give a clue as to whose side D2L was on (or if he/she was on a side at all).

Anonymous
      Inactive

@daela I’m pretty sure it was The Creators/The Controller.

I will say that I think there’s a strong case to be made that the Leaker or Leader of the resistance is none other than Michelle.

She was spoken about in the leaked emails, the resistance seems to be made up of all burned women and from her meeting with me she alluded to her having the rug pulled out from under her… and out of everyone we’ve seen she has the most power to leak and hurt TPTB.

I’d say that’s who Meghan is meeting with on Sunday.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

YES. This makes a ton of sense, @thebuz.

It also sets up really interesting dynamic: data vs. faith.

Remember how Michelle mocked belief in Anoch during The End? She was never a believer, and thought those that were had been fools. Stacey is another person, as a tech CEO, that’s focused on data / code.

Is this a war between the old gods (Anoch) and the new (data and algorithms)? How much more head vs. heart can you get?

Anonymous
      Inactive
       Cara
      Participant
       Cristen
      Participant

Yes, and she told you @thebuz that she’d had the “rug pulled out from under her” last year. It’s not a far cry to think this is her way of setting the wheels in motion for herself, for once.

Chris
      Participant

I’ve definitely felt Michelle’s absence since the book party, it was great when she showed up at @thebuz’s. I liked and believed in Michelle right from The End. From her very first appearance she’s been someone who tears down curtains and rips off bandaids. Callous, maybe, but honest. You won’t catch me complaining if she explodes back onto the scene tomorrow. I’m ready.

Chris
      Participant

And the big question still stands: what does your gut tell you? Is the leak an agent of the OSDM or the Resistance?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@macbethinabathtub

And the big question still stands: what does your gut tell you? Is the leak an agent of the OSDM or the Resistance?

You know I’ve been pondering this… what if there are two things going on here.

What if the OSDM installed a plant among us, and what if there is a leak at the OSDM too?

Lia
      Participant

D2L was talking an awful lot about the clock not being able to wind. I have to imagine that means something was malfunctioning on the OSDM’s side of things.

Seeing Michelle spearhead a movement would be an interesting twist. Was the beer run at Buz’s house enough to redeem her?

Chris
      Participant

@thebuz I would say that’s eminently plausible, everyone who we’ve been talking about on here was once on the inside. Michelle, Stacey, Jenna, Macy, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them used old relationships or personal information to either create a secret ally or a blackmail victim. Macy’s and Sarah’s relationship seemed to soften a hair, maybe it’s her. She would certainly fit the motif. Then the OSDM plant among us must be sweating bullets right now wondering what @meghanmayhem will learn tomorrow. Though I’m still wondering what an OSDM participant plant could possibly leak that they don’t already know.

And @lilmsfancpants I know I may be in the minority on this, but I don’t think Michelle needs redemption at all.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bryan I really like your spin on old vs new with Anoch vs data. This to me is a theory that I think would ring the most true. The evolution from blind faith to fact based science just sent chills down my spine (and they’re multiplying, it’s electrifying). I’m not crazy familiar with Michelle but from @thebuz visit from her and watching her at The End, I’d say that she fits the bill to envoke some rebellion against authority and seek justice. Remember, remember the 5th of November…

GoldTongue
      Participant

I don’t typically participate in or subscribe to theory chatter.

Having said that, I can’t shake this feeling that @taysavestheday is not to be trusted. IG, of course. He’s swell OOG. Sorry, Tay.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Chatter is weak. Trust me, or don’t trust me. It’s of little consequence to me. @goldtongue.

I did watch your story. You sat in front of your boss’s house, too scared to make a change. You talked to his wife, too indecisive to make a decision. Dispel that weakness. And then we’ll talk.

Megan
      Participant

So here’s a question – this comes off @thebuz’s post about The Creators/The Controller posting in the wake of D2L – are these the same person? I don’t think they are.

When the Red Door happened, @thecontroller could easily have spoken to us but didn’t. @the-creators did instead. And it was @the-creators who chose to not delete @dark2light’s posts.

We now know @thecontroller is Remy. Is this an OSDM/HCDI position, is this an associate of @joycecarlberg?

And who is @thevoyeur, who has never posted?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

As someone who came from a very religious childhood (religious education all the way through high school), it would absolutely make sense why I got so aggressive with The Investors and their methods if this turns out to be true. I fought for a long time to discover myself and find out that my beliefs did not line up with the beliefs being pushed upon me by my environment. I don’t get along well with authority figures who tell you the “truth” without being able to provide evidence to back it up. Sorry @joycecarlberg, but I think this is the crux of my issues with you.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Faith vs data, head vs heart. @bcbishop, this is a great observation. This battle is as old as time.

But sadly, faith and fact, science and religion, head vs heart–there’s no compromise. There’s no bipartisanship here. They are incompatible. The two simply seek to understand the world in intrinsically opposed ways. You cannot use science to explain religion and religion to explain science. If you try, it doesn’t hold up scientifically. There’s a great book on this entitled “Faith vs Fact” by Jerry A. Coyne if you want to read about the disparate views.

So you really must believe in one. Follow faith and @julierei and believe blindly in Anoch. Or follow your head, and we’ll bask in facts and logic.

Cristen
      Participant

I’d venture there’s an argument for embracing the experience with one’s heart and then guiding it with one’s head.

Kevin
      Participant

@coryphella I do think that he is an associate of Joyce’s. He was one of the investors at registration and she appears to be (at least in part) a liaison between them and us.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I don’t know how I’d feel if Michelle turned out to be the leader of the Resistance. She killed a lot of people, including the OOA handlers. Not exactly the moral high ground.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

BOS members already proved to be lapdogs for Michelle. It makes sense they’d all go back to a movement she’s leading…

Sorry if I happen to believe sacrifices need to mean something.

Chris
      Participant

@taysavestheday I would love to hear your take on this, because as binary as you say things are, you’ve actually pointed out one of this conflict’s gray areas. Horace called you about allowing the mind to rule above emotion and you have publicly aligned with him, but many here likely count him on the side of “faith” as the highest ranking OSDMer we are aware of. When people are saying “faith vs. data” today they’re talking about OSDM vs. the Resistance. Who is “we” to you? Because although you come at it from very different places, after yesterday it would appear you and Julie are on the same side.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@taysavestheday If I may, I think you are viewing the concept of faith too narrowly. There’s a tendency to think of the spiritual realm as being incompatible with the concrete world, and that they are separate and apart from each other. I don’t see that as being the case, and long-term careful reading and interpretation of both religious and philosophical texts, would suggest that they are intertwined.

That’s because the contemporary secular vision of God is roundly mocked as being “The Invisible Man”, demonstrating this very lack of understanding. I find Science of Mind, founded in the early 1900’s I think, to be the best description of the way to conceive of faith.

http://founderslosangeles.org/about-us/what-is-science-of-mind-som/

How to Help Atheists See the Light

But even this may be too much for some, so just look at the concrete world. All of our decisions boil down to the “Two F’s” — fear and faith. When we decide to drive somewhere, our faith that we will arrive safely outweighs our fear of a fatal accident. Why? Because we have placed our faith in data — that the collected information of auto accidents suggests a very low risk of mishap. We don’t know if this data is correct. We assume it is. But we’ve never seen the raw data. We placed our faith in a chain of happenstance, exactly none of which can be truly verified.

By way of Anoch — who is to say his followers even conceive of him as an actual being, when perhaps it is an anthropomorphized version of a STATE of being? Religious texts cannot even refer to God without using “He” or “Him”, because its how language works, but the downside is that it takes an abstract notion and makes one imagine a real “Old Man on a Throne”.

Thus, I heartily disagree with the statement, “faith and fact, science and religion, head vs heart–there’s no compromise.” Jungian typology has the Thinking function and Feeling function at opposite poles — which means one is merely inferior to the other in an individual, but awareness will achieve balance between them.

you dig me, brother?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Hey @macbethinabathtub, you bring up a point I was just pondering due to @nothenrygale’s Instagram post and @julierei’s chastising of it.

I align with data, head, and science in the various “wars” we’ve been discussing. To me, the OSDM has always been data. Reactions and numbers are carefully collected and organized to develop trends, models, and forecasts. If Horace is at the top of this, then I will make myself useful to him. I am a fan of the OSDM, and I’m not afraid to admit that publicly.

But then why are people putting him on the faith side? What’s his connection to the ceremony going on at with @confuseddude? Well because it’s all a distraction. They are recreating the “immersive theater” experience to get all of you to buy into it again and they can gather data from you. It’s nothing more than that. He doesn’t believe in Anoch anymore than I do.

But you know what, cults sell. We see this time and time again. How many other ARG’s have popped up utilizing cults? We see @joycecarlberg even mention it. This is a popular topic and one that The Tension Experience did correctly, which spawned a trend. So why not bring it back? Horace knows this, I know this. Look at how excited people got when Sentinel came back? It warms their heart to receive a message from him? Ha! This is all classic deception and noise meant to hide the truth.

So then what does that mean for the resistance? Again, it’s just noise. The resistance vs who? The OSDM’s goal has never been to raise Anoch. The resistance may appear to be following data and logic, but they aren’t. They are just another in a long line of immersive games we are playing.

So pick your sides, join a resistance, but it won’t matter in the end. This whole thing is about one thing: data. There’s really not even a war. Faith is a lie. The OSDM wants our data, and you all are playing right into it. So have fun, I’ll hear making myself useful.

Kevin
      Participant

@taysavestheday Can you say for sure that it’s all just theater with the OSDM though? You make claims of logic and fact, but we simply don’t know enough about them. Last year it appeared that it was all a data gathering operation, but we’ve discovered that Horace is one of the Clockmakers, we’ve seen investors reference Anoch, the weirdness of the ritual that @confuseddude wasn’t supposed to see, and numerous other things. Of course that could be all theater or they could really believe it.

Horace told you that he’s all about data and the head, but what proof do you have that that is really is goal? Or are you just taking him on faith?

I think @larry has got it right. This is going to require balance, both head and heart.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@kevin, aren’t you on vacation? Stop posting!

But to answer your question, yes, of course we don’t know enough about them. But I live my life by probabilities. Let me ask you question:

What’s the probability that a real life god can be summoned and… what? grant those who summoned it eternal life? Power beyond comprehension? Destroy the earth? I’d say that probability is 1 in 1*10^37. You know why? Because it has never ever happened in the history of this Earth.

But then what’s the probability that an Illuminati like organization is trying to gather data, judge people, and learn more about populations so they can control elections, make money, and influence world dynamics? I’d say 1 in 2, because it happens almost every day. Between focus groups and lobbying, political parties, and secret groups composed of the rich, Bohemian Groves and other meetings.

The latter is the far more likely scenario. So since we don’t know enough about them, and we may never know enough, I will believe in what facts, data, and logic tell me.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@kevin, to delve into your points a little further:

we’ve discovered that Horace is one of the Clockmakers

This means absolutely nothing to me. A creator playing a part in a theater performance? How many times have we seen that before?

we’ve seen investors reference Anoch

Investors reference the very theater performance they are producting? You’re really converting me here, Kevin.

the weirdness of the ritual that @confuseddude wasn’t supposed to see

Oh, you mean the ritual that Noah led him to? The one he slowed down and casually walked to so that Andy could follow him all the way there? And the one Andy came back from unharmed? Still looks like a performance art to me.

Of course that could be all theater or they could really believe it.

When I returned to Ascension for the second time, Aaron Akins led me to where Sabrina was and laughed that “she actually believed this stuff.” I feel like him right now, laughing at those who have faith in something so clearly fake.

Chris
      Participant

@taysavestheday And you want to be useful to these people?

But then what’s the probability that an Illuminati like organization is trying to gather data, judge people, and learn more about populations so they can control elections, make money, and influence world dynamics? I’d say 1 in 2, because it happens almost every day. Between focus groups and lobbying, political parties, and secret groups composed of the rich, Bohemian Groves and other meetings.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub, to have influence, power, and a voice? Of course I’d want that. That would definitely be something I lust after. I consider myself a good person, so adding my voice to a group like that would be a positive. And if I have to do some bad things to get there, then so be it. The greater good, right?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@julierei I am genuinely so confused. I cannot keep track of who you’re lap dogging this week. (Seriously, your loyalty means nothing if it’s so fair weather)
      First you were pledging your life to Sarah, then I think it was Stacey after that? So who the hell are you swearing by now?

Julie R Goldstein
        Participant

@meghanmayhem – I’m not anyone’s lapdog. I follow where the light of Anoch guides me. And don’t misunderstand my position on Stacey. I am indeed grateful that whether willingly or unwillingly she helped me forge a deeper connection with the closest physical connection to Anoch I’ve ever been lucky enough to to experience. However, all the good faith she earned was lost the moment she aligned against those seeking to return Anoch to the flesh. I have no doubt she will perish nonetheless…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So @taysavestheday, to make a parallel to recent events, do you see yourself as a sort of Robert Iger / Elon Musk sort of figure? Joining with a power they may not agree with but willing to work with them in order to hopefully guide things in a direction you feel is a better one?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

Perfect analogy @nothenrygale. Thank you for that.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@taysavestheday Just remember, in that instance both Elon and Robert quit after realizing their influence wasn’t working…

Kevin
      Participant

@taysavestheday Has Horace every referenced this as a theater production? And it could be that we all think this is merely a theater production. They could have broken the fourth wall last year, only to use it to hide behind this year. What better way to hide out in the open to do whatever they want to do?

Have you seen Andy since he disappeared or just someone posting on the @confuseddude account? How can you be so sure he’s fine?

Michelle and Samson may not have believed in Anoch, but there’s no saying that others can’t. Michelle was very blatant about her beliefs at The End, which could be why she ended up on the outs.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@kevin, I think that is another very logical possibility. If they were really trying to summon a god, why not pretend it’s a fake theater performance about summoning a god? How many of us would blindly follow because our favorite hobby asked us to do so?

I’ve done experiences where they’ve put a gun in my hand and asked me to pull the trigger. I trusted that it was fake, and when I pulled the trigger, there would be no consequence. But what if that wasn’t the case. What if it was loaded? And what if I killed someone? Now let’s apply that here. What if all this isn’t fake and is real? Again, I think this is a very low probability, but it is a probability, so as a thought exercise I’ll consider it. What if we actually summon a god at the end of this? We’re all playing into their hands, and then we’d all be fault–especially those who have made ourselves useful.

So are they hiding a true ritual within a fake theater performance? Maybe. Are they hiding a data collection scheme within a fake theater performance? That’s more likely. Either way, we have a rad fake theater performance to look forward to.

Megan
      Participant

How many of us would blindly follow because our favorite hobby asked us to do so?

Ngggggggghhuuuuhhh

Mustafa Said
      Participant

This might sound odd but…what if they’re hiding both a data collection scheme and a god resurrection ritual in this?

I’m slowly being convinced that even if the OOA was a lie, whatever religion they based it on might not have been. At some point in human history, a group of people worshiped a god named Anoch. That faith was then taken and spun into what we know as the OOA by the ODSM simply to further draw people in and gain more data.

Michelle made it clear at the End that the Clockmakers still hold to the faith of Anoch. And even now, we still see followers and worshipers emerge and proudly declare themselves the adherents of the old faith.

I’m not sure where Michelle stands now but I think there are two different ideologies in the ODSM: Those that still worship Anoch and those that covet and obsess over data collection to use for whatever purpose they see fit.

So who’s to say that we’re not playing both sides by continuing on with this? Who’s to say that we won’t be summoning a god and giving away mass amounts of personal information at the same time?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@mumumusings might be on to something here. It’s the whole idea of a false dichotomy. We think there’s only two options, when really there’s more. “Both” being an additional possible option.

Kevin
      Participant

@mumumusings I think this might be the best explanation for any of this, especially with what we’ve heard about the Old and New Books of Anoch. The Old looked to be its own religion and the New may have been something but it was co-opted by the OSDM for their own data seeking ends.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

@kevin To further that idea, which version of the faith of Anoch is returning to our world again? Is it the original Old faith or is it a second attempt at the creation of a New one?

Kevin
      Participant

@mumumusings My guess would be the Old faith. I don’t have the references off the top of my head but we’ve definitely seen people upset upset about the New almost hippy version of Anoch recently.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

@kevin I’m also of the same mindset. The “New” faith was the OOA, which promoted mind control and kidnapping. But the question here is this: How do we know the Old faith is going to be any safer or better than the New? We are, after all, talking about summoning Anoch-a god-into our world. Just how much sacrifice, how much danger are we going to have to go through to accomplish that goal? Are people going to be hurt or damaged in some way?

Jackie
      Participant

I’m okay with a resistance, even if someone was idling in plain sight. If it’s all women, even better. If it’s ran by a male, Charlies Angels is cool to. The only difference between lying and strategy is how much you’re involved in the planning. Some people will be hurt, it’s inevitable, because someone(s) has been fooled.

Eventually, sides will be picked because simply riding in neutral, down the center lane, will be the least exciting position. I’ll be interested in seeing they (Investors/TOC) push for your reasoning as to why, like making you stare at your choices: “Why do you want Anoch back, if your friends don’t agree and aren’t invited to the party?” or “You’re at a small dirty table in the ‘underground’, while all your friends are at the Investors penthouse. Why are you here, nearly alone?”

Imagine if one by one, people are converted like @taysavestheday and @julierei, who act like mirrors in their own dedication/conviction to their own roles. Is a civil war coming? Even if so, and I’m preparing my convictions, never lose sight of @thecontroller (now Remy’s) words: Winners Clubs? Losers clubs?
      You have no idea what you are celebrating and you will soon need each other more than you could ever realize.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Jackie.
       111error
      Participant

@kevin

They could have broken the fourth wall last year, only to use it to hide behind this year.

I think the fourth wall is dust at this point. No one knows where anything stops or starts any more.

@theladyj

Eventually, sides will be picked because simply riding in neutral, down the center lane, will be the least exciting position

You might be amazed at how many people refused to pick a side last year.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

I find it odd that there’s so much discussion of facts and probabilities when the only data we truly have is from utterly unreliable sources:

We know Tension was a data collection scheme because Michelle told us. She also told us that her bosses believed in Anoch, which she found absurd.

Either everything she told us can be trusted – and Anoch is a real deity that is worshiped by those in positions of high power – or nothing she told us can be trusted, and even the notion of a data collection scheme is suspect. Anything else is selectively choosing information to fit the interpretation we want to see.

What’s tantalizing to the OSDM, I imagine, is what the swirl of mystery reveals about each of us. @taysavestheday, you jumped on @nothenrygale’s Elon Musk / presidential council comparison. But in that case Musk had specific issues he was concerned about, and was hoping to encourage a new administration to move away from their stated positions. There was specific intent, to such a degree he was able to draw a line in the sand at one point (and eventually leave over it).

The difference here is, we don’t know anything about Horace’s intent, or positions. We don’t know what he wants, what he’s done, or anything else. So being willing to do bad things, as you say, to gain influence with people like that strikes me as utterly different than Musk. It sounds like naked ambition and lust for power rather than something principled and noble.

And let me clarify: this isn’t a criticism. I think these are the kind of reactions we’re all being manipulated into having, and that’s part of the ride the OSDM is putting us on. They know how to push your buttons, and the argument could be made that Horace now has you wrapped around his little finger – which is what they want from all of us.

The only way through, as @larry said, is likely head AND heart. And I think we’re all going to have to face some ugly truths about ourselves along the way.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The only thing worth fighting for is each other. Factions be damned.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

The only thing worth fighting for is each other. Factions be damned.

Awww @thebuz you got me all choked up with that one

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@111error

I think the fourth wall is dust at this point. No one knows where anything stops or starts any more.

MORGAN! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU FOOLING AROUND ON AN INTERNET CHAT BOARD? GET BACK TO WORK!

…oh…oh gosh…i…i’m so sorry…i don’t know who I am anymore….

Brian E
      Participant

Theory I’ve give some though to although it sounds a bit crazy, it does seem to fit.

Is Otis the Keyser Soze of Lust?

This is something I’ve given some thought to, is it possible Otis is the leader of the resistance, and was hanging out the first time waiting for anyone from the focus group to wander by when he met with @mike, perhaps a set up to meet with someone to get in with the entire group, what better way then a charming older man looking for some help, a long con. Over time he met and got to know everyone, many of us interacted with him on FB, a bunch of you got to meet hm. He was even the driver when @meghanmayhem and Noah stole the plans, he could of had his own vested interest. Otis is gone, and it’s been awhile, he’s also out of everyone’s mind.

@joycecarlberg
      was also be referring to “something big and obvious we missed” perhaps he very well pulled a Sabrina/iCofidant ploy himself.

Spoilers for the film 1995 film Usual Suspects.
      Keyser Soze *Spoilers for Usual Suspects 1995 film.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Brian E.
       Andrew K
      Participant

After reading through all of everyone’s theories/thoughts in this thread and also @shankfx22 catching me up on the last month’s events, I’m really interested to see where everything goes from here.

I really like @kevin ‘s assessment that this is all just a fake theatre performance designed to sell us on a falsity so that the OSDM can summon a God, and it obviously makes a lot of sense.

My gut right now is telling me that the resistance is the right way to go. Sure Michelle killed a lot of people earlier on, but I’m of the belief that the sacrifice of a few to save the many is worth it.

If the OSDM is using our information and harboring it and using it against us to manipulate us against each other- and using it for further nefarious purposes to summon this “God” of theirs (which will have untold consequences, which I don’t even think has really been discussed yet,) then I’m all for stopping them in any way we can.

I’d also be interested to know where Noah, Sarah and Otis come in with this whole Resistance faction. We haven’t really heard from them besides Otis’ facebook video.

Are they helping the “BOS” (or whatever they’re going by now)? Are they their own entity. What was that ritual exactly for? Was it a ritual to try to stop what the OSDM is doing, was it Noah ann Co. playing both sides of the fence and helping the OSDM in some way as a cover, or was it something else entirely?

One of the documents @shankfx22 and company found the other day said that Noah has been collecting Egyptian artifacts (I think, correct me if I’m wrong) and has become semi-obsessed with them….are they trying to summon their own God? One to counteract Anoch?

I know I’m jumping around, but I haven’t been on for awhile, so I’m trying to get my thoughts out.

This all being said, as of now my gut is telling me The Resistance is the way to gravitate towards. The OSDM/Horace etc have so far given us n real reasons to trust them.

They’ve lied to us, manipulated us, stolen our data and fucked a lot of people over in an attempt to resurrect their beloved God- which are all reasons to me to not be on their side.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@bcbishop

” I think we’re all going to have to face some ugly truths about ourselves along the way.”

Along the way????

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@anakindrew; I personally don’t think the OSDM is a side for everyone. They have fucked a lot of people over, they have stolen our data, and they have manipulated people. All for data, for knowledge, for power. This isn’t an avenue for everyone–it’s an avenue for a few. They don’t need to gain our trust because guess what, they never wanted it.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@bcbishop; the facts and the probabilities I discussed are all in relation to the real world. The fourth wall was broken along time ago and we are now playing in the current universe. One in which the OSDM was the power to affect actual elections and the actual stock market. So my probabilities are based on facts, not second hand information like you have mentioned.

And I wasn’t trying to sugar coat my ambitious as noble and principled. As I said, I think I am a good person, but I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty in my quest for knowledge as long as it serves the greater good. In my research, I have to do animal testing. Yeah it sucks and I don’t like doing it, but I do it to save lives. Think of the classic ethical problem of the trolley, if I have to pull the lever to kill one to save five–I will. And I’m fine with that blood being on my hands.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@taysavestheday

And I’m fine with that blood being on my hands.

Taylor, if you get a mysterious call to bring a weapon and meet somewhere tonight at 8 PM, please don’t. I think many of us here quite like @meghanmayhem.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

My point @taysavestheday is that any definition of “fact” at this point is simply more assumption. As others have said above: there is no 4th wall anymore, and we have no idea what’s real and what’s not.

We all have to decide how we want to center ourselves, of course, and that involves deciding what we think is real and not. But given the blurred lines that ultimately amounts to picking a perspective based on nothing more than (gulp) faith.

We all face the same challenge in this regard – but the moment we start assuming we know absolute truths where there are none is when we open ourselves up to real manipulation.

Andrew K
      Participant

@taysavestheday – totally agree with you. Only a few of us are on their side. I see no reason to have anything to do with them or trust them after everything they’ve done.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@anakindrew I think what it means (or at least how I read it) is that most of his fellow patriarchs were left on earth for longer, while god “spared” him by allowing him to live 365 days and then took him without him having to experience death. He didn’t die, he just became a higher being… dare I say Ascended… so my thinking is maybe everyone who believes and devotes themself to Anoch and his ressurection think that when he returns, he will bestow upon the faithful the same courtesy: a long life in which they ascend to higher beings, skipping death entirely.

Viewing 61 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar