The Importance of Friendship

This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Daniel.

• Author
       Chloe
      Participant

iConfidant just posted a news article on the importance of friendship up on Facebook. They are really pushing how important friendship, especially a close personal one, is. Something interesting in the article as well is the phrase “You chose your friends, not your family.” I wonder if that has something to do with Stacey, with her example answer in the survey about her mother, how she feels empty when she thinks of her relationship with her. Maybe that’s what led her to create iConfidant? Maybe she feels that friendships are more important, valued, and needed than things like parents or family in general.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As someone with some deep seated Mommy issues this is starting to get quite personal.

Jackie
      Participant

I like my friends WAY, WAY more than I ever like/liked my family. They made their beds, and they laid in them happily. We all did, really.

Kortney
      Participant

They also noted that virtual friendships are valid friendships; which I hope the interactions we have with the iConfidant aren’t online? Or maybe it’ll start online and then once certain people are selected, turn into actors?

Megan
      Participant

They also noted that virtual friendships are valid friendships

What about…virtual friendships with…fictional characters?

Jackie
      Participant

@kortneydarling
      There has also been a hint that they’ll pair users up together as well. How cool would that be? But say like Match and Plenty-O’fish, they do mixers. Maybe there will be an official mixer party!

I think with so much technology today, online friendships can certainly be valid places of fulfillment. If they want us to talk to a robot-program, that’d make total sense. People tend to be on their best behavior, at least on their first interaction (digitally/non) of a ‘date’ (friendly/non), so maybe the whole concept leads to gaining positive person (digital) interaction, rather than dick jokes, right off the (digital) bat.

If so, they expect too much.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

The downside of virtual friendships is when they start to turn into long distance relationships. I’ve had that happen before, where I met someone online, we hit it off really well, but the fact that I couldn’t have that physical connection with them got pretty bad. She even flew out to visit me for a weekend and it was a wonderful weekend with someone I cared for, but when she flew back it made it even worse. The distance can eat at you.

TLDR: long distance relationships suck.

Yael
      Participant

I will throw it out here I am really afraid of making new friendships because what if they like me or don’t like me. I am weird let me tell you guys that I am the most strangest and weird human being that love deeply and when I get hurt I lash out even I will fight for my friendships passionately even they might think I am crazy but I would to go any lengths to make it work or I will throw in towel knowing I have all anyways so I am so curious what iconfidant brings or what Stacey have up in her sleeve. I am excited about this lust thing is forms new friendships that might last long time or short or hell I might fall in love and have my heart broken who knows but really I am excited and very scared what is this all about. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts in this. I think I can relate to Macy more than Sarah or others might will come along. I will try my best as active friend 🙂

Megan
      Participant

@sassyyael – you and I have a lot in common. 🙂 And I am also incredibly strange and weird when it comes to friendships, loving deeply, fighting passionately, and lashing out.

Yael
      Participant

@coryphella yeah I guess we will
      Be good friends!! I have alot of fears of people haha

Anonymous
      Inactive

The entire topic of friendship is hitting a little too close to home. There is an importance of friendship. My grandfather used to have a saying, I don’t believe he coined it… “A man without friends is a lonely man who will not go far”. And it’s so true. There is very little you can do inside this life by yourself. The thought that you are literally screwed in life due to being a not likeable person is not pleasant. There is a border that many people walk which is a dangerous one. Do we alter our habits to please others – because a lot of people will not like you because they will say you are fake. Do we NOT alter our habits or change ourselves in order please others – because then some people will consider you outspoken and not like you. Basically it feels like it’s getting really personal when they start saying things like this. I have tried both ways of altering myself to the point it’s like walking on egg shells just to please someone so they like me. I’ve also tried the “subtle art of not giving a fuck”. Both seem to make me feel LESS in control of whether people like me – – but then again, as I type that I realize that we cannot control what others think of us. With that said, one must value the true friends we have.

Yael
      Participant

@tyson thank you for sharing I feel same way I don’t feel the need to have many friends but when I deeply care about a friend or two I become too intense and willing to any length to make them happy of course I end up I get hurt. What did I do wrong? It’s in my nature that I don’t like to be alone but again I cannot fix the loner too it’s their choice I have to accept the fact if they want to be friend with me I tends to be that friend who is too much and lovable of course but when I get hurt I just lash out. It can be end of friendship or making it work I am the take it or leave it person.

scot
      Participant

Yea, the friends and trust stuff coming up lately has hit me pretty hard. I’ve never really had many friends but I was ok with the few I had. I moved across the country 7 years ago and only had virtual contact with them. Still that was pretty much ok. Then something really bad happened that cost me my oldest friendship and so much more. Now I’m in a really strange place. I’m a 40 year old guy that wants to make new friends but it’s a little tricky. I obviously have interests that aren’t exactly mainstream and I have a tendency to be a little more open emotionally then others may be comfortable with so I’m not sure where to look. I’m not getting responses but I email my iConfidant shit each day that I’d tell a friend. So, if anybody out there wants to get to know an ex-mormon, cubicle working, Midwestern transplant that likes whiskey and going to bed listening to horror stories drop me a line. Also, anyone that is remote and may be planning on trying to get to a real snow let me know. I’d love to get out and see some of the things I get about and it would be awesome to have someone to share it with.

Cyrus La Rosa
      Participant

I couldn’t agree more. I couldn’t really enjoy time with family as much as I do with friends. Spending time with family always feels more forced and obligated. Maybe iCompanion is preferring to use the phrase “friend” instead of “family”, because they understand that friends can be closer than family? Or I could just be talking out my ass.

Daniel
      Participant

I’m new here. Just emailed the address provided on the website. Let’s see what happens.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar