Sunday's Focus Group – The last Four spots

This topic has 68 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 12 months ago by Candace.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

Hey guys – Noah contacted @russell and I this afternoon. He mentioned he was a little “over served” last night and things got weird (@thebuz – did the caller sound drunk?) He said he had to fill Four 😉 more spots to his focus group on Sunday and that those spots were ours to “do as thou will”. We were put in the same spot @julierei and @thebuz were and had to choose a couple people to attend. Russell and I spoke and we chose a couple of people based on what we’ve seen/experienced on the forums.

The list we chose for Noah is:

@lasalle

@hazelverse

@russell

@mike

thehazelverse
      Participant

Eyyy!

Thanks for the tap. I won’t waste it! It seems the OSDM is the FEAR I shall be Facing on Sunday. How apropos. <3

Sean

How dare you choose yourself. I’m going to start a new topic where we can all yell and shit and hate on you for this.

I hope it was apparent I was joking there. Fuck yeah, man! Go forth and be thorough in information gathering!

Mike
      Participant

@thegilded – How did I know? haha He actually gave us some parameters and talked about marketing…so…yeah

KINGKILL33
      Participant

Have fun ya’ll, I can’t wait to hear about it.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@russell and @mike: making the community One since 2016.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Our 10 is set then! I’m really excited to see how this plays out. Think we’ll be getting emails with the info tonight or something?

thehazelverse
      Participant

I want to hear more about these parameters and the way in which it affected your decision… for research. 🙂

(Is that the right version of affect/effect? That always gets me.)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Very cool, guys! Go forth and kick some ass. Nice guys don’t finish last, they…

Well you know.

monkeymuffin333
      Participant

Hooray! Be cautious, be alert, & good luck to all members attending Sunday. ?

thehazelverse
      Participant

Wish we could ALL go! That wouldn’t make sense though, for the narrative. It would be awesome for our meet up attendance though, probably. Lol

Speaking of which, you ALL ARE invited tonight. 🙂

Briana
      Participant

Yes, @hazelverse!!! I’m so eager to hear what happens.

M.
      Participant

If there is anything that has helped decide not to leave altogether, it’s the fact that you, @mike, and @russell, will be there on Sunday. I am truly happy for the two of you (any everyone else) but these two are the reason for my fall into the haunt/immersive theatre rabbit hole.

Good luck everyone and I can’t wait hear all about it.

thehazelverse
      Participant

You mean leave LUST altogether?

If so, I’m sorry if I’ve contributed to that feeling. I figure I don’t matter enough to you to influence you that much (so maybe I’m full of myself for thinking I had anything to do with your dilemma), BUT if I have pushed you there- I’m sorry for my part in that.

I don’t ever want to be the cause or even a factor in someone leaving this experience.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Speak for yourselves everyone, I am absolutely pissed off at who @mike chose.

…because it means we probably won’t get anymore of those brilliant Dear Noah posts from @lasalle. :'(

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

@meghanmayhem Uh…you are forgetting that @lasalle card has zero context or artistry without lil’ ol’ me jealously peeking out from behind the boat. In fact, I think my ugly mug provides a gripping emotional context for the piece.

Mike
      Participant

Shit, I never thought of that!!

The hope we have now @meghanmayhem is that Noah charms her like @lilmsfancpants and she starts to make love notes to him

thehazelverse
      Participant

Hahahahahha. Righteous anger, I’d say, Meghan.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Congrats all! Can’t wait to see what fresh Hell you’re all put through! 😉

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Sunday’s going to be interesting.

Congrats to those going. Stay safe…

Tom Kircher
      Participant

@meghanmayhem I can take over that job since I’m still waiting, if that’s okay with @lasalle of course. 😛

Cristen
      Participant

This was as good a time as any to pick oneselves; can wait to meet you guys! Also I’m glad you’ll be able to fill me in on what my brain doesn’t process on MHL next week ?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@mike If her graphic of her and I in bloody clothes holding hands on the boat is any indication of what her love notes are like, I really really hope so.

Briana
      Participant

I’m almost afraid to read a love note by you, @k-w-t. Maybe keep it down to one paragraph. ;p

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Congrats to the Winners! Keep us all posted as to what happens.

As for us Losers, looks like there will be no-ah seminar for us this weekend…

*runs off stage before getting pelted with tomatoes*

Sean

@kasch – I love you, man… but I hate you so hard right now.

Tom Kircher
      Participant

@brianamatopoeia trust me, I’d keep it short and sweet. Except maybe not so sweet if you catch my drift. 😉

Kevin
      Participant

He actually gave us some parameters and talked about marketing…so…yeah

I hope this means we get an ad read for The System on the next podcast.

Congrats to all who were selected!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Oh shit, if he’s looking for marketing people….

@thebuz you do know you picked a marketing person in your group right?

If my Instagram starts getting flooded with The System propaganda, you’ll know he got to me.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

@thegilded I gotta million of ’em! A-cha-cha-cha!!

superstar
      Participant

Congrats, Sunday select-ees!

Melissa
      Participant

Cool! Congratulations and I look forward to the recap from all!

Maxwell R
      Participant

Destroy The System!! Noah needs to learn true fear. Break his system and watch the higher ups come down on him for failing. I have faith in you all.

*Do what ever you want, thank you all for making this happen ?*

Addison
      Participant

Super super excited for all those attending. Have.. fun??

Anonymous
      Inactive

Marketing, I wonder where that goes. I’d noticed that many of the pictures on Noah’s website had been used in marketing websites or sites that advertised helping you rebrand.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Marketing, I wonder where that goes. I’d noticed that many of the pictures on Noah’s website had been used on websites or that advertised marketing or re-branding services. Probably legit sites, but the topic is interesting.

Mike
      Participant

Sorry guys, the “marketing” comment came off wrong. He didn’t mention marketing as in this event or him….but he made a comment about “always be marketing”. So that’s more of an “always market yourself”.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Mike.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@mike That does make more sense. In this day and age, everything we do online is in some ways marketing a brand. Whether you are conscious of it or not, what you and others post on social media impacts how you are seen, how your “brand” is perceived. So I think Noah is on to something here in terms of that. I guess I’m probably more aware of it since as a musician my name is my brand, my business. Whereas some people who live their lives as employees to another brand may not see it as obviously.

Mike
      Participant

That’s a great point @weaslette1233

Maybe everything that’s happened yesterday and today is his way of seeing the marketing of ourselves. How we act, how we react, etc

Tom Kircher
      Participant

@ziegenbart in regard to the rebranding possibility, I get a sense from Noah’s website that his services relate to rebranding ourselves. “Stop being ugly, start dominating life, etc.” Through his lectures, he’s teaching us to be the “improved,” more dominant, self-serving versions of ourselves.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@mike

Just call me the Participant formally known as King of the Losers (self proclaimed).

Mike
      Participant

@thebuz – that’s too long of a name to be marketable. Think of something else and let us all know on Sunday 😉

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@thebuz Well, not *entirely* self proclaimed 😉

Russell
      Participant

Hey, Folks, I am back after several hours of meetings. Sorry I had to miss this unfolding.
      I had the conversations with Mike, then went behind closed doors at work. Great to hear everyone’s thoughts.

I agree with the idea that marketing is a key theme over the last couple of days. Wasn’t “focus group” mentioned? It seems to me it is now clear that all the actions that have been taken in the last couple of days within the entire community are being scrutinized.

Many companies use their own form of “stereotypes” to research how their own products are used by consumers. (Consumer 1 wants to take it apart. Consumer 2 just wants it to work and never think about how it does what it does. Consumer 3 cannot figure out how to turn the product on. Consumer 4 chooses not to purchase the product.) Perhaps we are all being categorized somehow in the name of a bigger plan.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@mike Fine. Buzzy ChooChoo it is.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@k-w-t I agree, I think that is the key word to this whole tangled web of a plot: rebranding. We had brainwashing with the OOA, now rebranding with Noah. Although they are very different contexts, it still adds up to the same result: changing who you are, who you believe you are and who others think you are.

Mike
      Participant

@thebuz – not THAT is marketable! I already want an action figure and air freshener of Buzzy Choo Choo

Sage
      Participant

This game is getting fun!! Can’t wait to hear about Sunday! Didn’t Sarah emphasize that Noah was a “brand” on one of the calls?? Maybe Noah is the “next human”? Also contemplating what “over-served” means??

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Sage.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Great call @sfire8 — is Noah indeed the “Next Human”?

Jeremy
      Participant

What if the 10 are actually the subject of the focus group? The ones being experimented on rather than the ones giving feedback.

thehazelverse
      Participant

Bring out the straps.

Megan
      Participant

@jay956 – I like your thinking – and isn’t that what a focus group *is*? Or am I thinking of something else…?

At any rate it lines up with the feeling I’ve been having that we are rats in an experiment, being watched.

Tom Kircher
      Participant

@coryphella I think when you get right down to it, everything the ODSM has done thus far functions as a sort of experiment. Ascension was sort of a study in how we react to Tension and submission. Lust is how we react to lust (obviously) and power or domination.

Megan
      Participant

See I read that and my mind goes elsewhere entirely.

Chris
      Participant

This is a great, eclectic group that represents so many different experience levels and view points, it’s wonderful how it all came out. Congratulations to everyone. The idea of a focus group is an interesting one, these ten might have a hand in shaping the message of the Noah System going forward. My question is this: are we theorizing now that this is a totally separate event and list from the original tally of worthys, not worthys, and maybes that were compiled from the initial email list, or does certain people’s presence on this list supersede Sarah’s original ruling? For example, @mike and @russell picked @hazelverse as one of their four. Originally she was on the list of people not welcome at the seminars. On the other side of the coin we have @larry who was initially accepted but was disqualified from this event after being written down by @julierei. And we all know what happened at Tiki No. The System has placed an incredible amount of power in the hands of the community this week, I’m just wondering if the choices made will have more far-reaching consequences beyond Sunday. Are February’s Sarah emails more fluid than we thought?

Mike
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub – That’s a very good point. I’m wondering if the emails were just entertainment for him and didn’t really mean anything. Like he sends different responses to all of us, sits back, and laughs manically at the chaos he’s creating. Or it could go back to “marketing” yourself. He sees who fights, who stands up for themselves, who gives up, etc

Kevin
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub @mike Not that it really proves anything about the emails going forward, but there is definitely some fluidity there. I sent a pretty basic email in February and received no response. A few days ago, I said screw it and sent another, longer one with a much different tenor. I received a response the next day about how demand was high and I would be on a kind of waiting list. I sent a response to that and received another email back asking for the name/number/address/desire/holding you back information that others have reported.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I forgot to mention @mike that when he called he did say he was Four(!) bourbons deep.

Noah’s a bourbon man. A real man drinks bourbon.

Mike
      Participant

Four bourbons, Four spots left…nothing is random. Four is alive!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@thebuz real men drink whiskey! I’d say scotch or bourban, but those are both whiskey. Ron burghandy would say “real men drink scotch. I love scotch”. Cheers to some makers mark on the rocks!

Russell
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub I want to comment on something specific in your post… I DO think this is something separate from the original round of responses.
      In any focus group, you don’t just pull from known sources. If they see any of us as good potential candidates for The System I do not think it would be a factor. They are looking for information from a wider pool, positive and negative in attitude. So far, Noah’s tactics don’t “speak” to me… that makes me a good candidate for a focus group. This may be them trying to figure out how to “get to” more of us.

Chris
      Participant

I definitely agree, @russell, and that’s a great point about accessing dissenting opinions as a way to learn how to turn more of us. Those of you who were in the position of choosing selected a great cross section, I’m sure they were happy with the results. I wonder if those of you who were deemed losers and are now being asked to contribute will be given any kind of consideration going forward. Noah doesn’t strike me as a particularly sympathetic individual, but he may reward those who help him get closer to his goals. Prove you can be used, he might keep you around to be used again.

LaSalle
      Participant

Hello all,
      So I chose a crappy time to not check my emails. Just ignore Lust for a few days, what’s the worst that can happen?

So I’m in Portland. I’m not set to be back until Tuesday. Which means I can’t be there tomorrow *cries and curses universe*

Thank you @mike and @russell for thinking of me and nominating me for tomorrow. I would have loved to have hung out with you guys for an undoubtedly interesting experience. Sorry I don’t get to meet @hazelverse and Mike in person.

@meghanmayhem
      guess the fun won’t end here. More notes to come. I swear if Noah never reaches out (which he still hasn’t) I’ll probably go love note crazy. Feel free to join in @k-w-t 😉

I hope you can get your fourth person in in time;I’m sure there are many jumping at the opportunity 🙂

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@lasalle I think this is a testament to the fact that having a life outside of Lust is a poor choice and you should never leave us ever again. Ever. Again.

Also, I’m sure Noah won’t be pleased about this. Better boot up that Photoshop ASAP.

Chris
      Participant

That’s too bad, @lasalle, I was invisioning Noah bringing you into an interrogation room, slamming a file down in front of you, and opening it to reveal every one of your notes printed out. I’m sure he was looking forward to meeting you. All in good time!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Nooooo! @lasalle, I am so bummed to read this, especially after all the amazing contributions you’ve made to the forums in the lead-up thus far.

I hope that Noah does the right thing and promptly schedules a follow-up appointment for you when you’re back in town. Though I’m sure Meghan is right and a note or two wouldn’t hurt. 🙂

Sage
      Participant

@lasalle, I’m sorry! You seem to have a great attitude about it, I’m sure you’ll be rewarded!

Anonymous
      Inactive

What a bummer @lasalle! I’m sure Noah will take it in stride…

Candace
      Participant

@lasalle I was so looking forward to you going to this! Sucks you’re out of town 🙁 but Portland is wonderful so enjoy real life for a while lol its beautiful out there. Like I mentioned to you elsewhere, maybe they’ll let you Skype in for the meeting hehe.

Viewing 67 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar