Sunday's Focus Group – Need a replacement

This topic has 130 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 12 months ago by Candace.

• Author
       Russell
      Participant

Hello Community,

It has been made known that @lasalle will be unable to attend the Focus Group tomorrow afternoon.

Upon receiving this information, Noah Sinclair let Mike and I know that he thinks there should be more input for the solution to this sudden opportunity.

He would like the community to decide who will be filling that now-vacant tenth slot.

A decision must be reached by 10 pm tonight.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Well, fuck. Pressure’s on again, folks!

Shaun
      Participant

Dibs!

But seriously I’d go with someone OG or someone completely foreign to it all if possible.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I nominate @brianamatopoeia. @thebuz was going to pick her when Noah said pick five people. When Noah said the five included himself he had to cut her. She’s fresh blood and would absolutely be present.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I nominate @pandace88 who’s been an active little peach and could do with a little adventure.

Candace
      Participant

I can be there! I would love to go! I’m ready to step up and be more involved

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I nominate @pandace88 & @theladyj. They’ve both proved to be solid, cooperative, enthusiastic new members of our community. Or… me, @electrichippo, because I’ve proven I have what it takes to make difficult decisions under immmense pressure.

Candace
      Participant

@meghanmayhem ahh you’re sweet ?? even if I don’t get majority vote here I am thankfully for this nomination ? I actually sent Noah an email right now telling him they need me and I’m ready to step up and take this opportunity by the balls lol ? I refuse to be a bystander this time around so either way it won’t be the last anyone hears of me!

Chris
      Participant

I third @pandace88. But for the sake of discussion, @russell with the idea of the focus group in mind, do you and @mike have a type of participant you’d like to add in your head, in the interest of a well-balanced 10?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Chris.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Ditto. I nominate @pandace88. Gonna throw @nosnevets in the mix too.

superstar
      Participant

Another vote for @pandace88!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by superstar.
       Mike
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub – It’s not our call on this one. This is coming from the man himself 🙂

Shaun
      Participant

@mike not your call meaning Noah will choose or the community will choose?

Sage
      Participant

Well Noah, I’m available!!!

But also feeling like maybe it should be one of the three that got cut from Julie’s list: Lawrence, Taylor, or Kim.

KINGKILL33
      Participant

However this vote goes, in my opinion, it should be someone completely new to this. Someone that has been active and has shown their interest.

Mike
      Participant

@shaun – It’s up to the community to decide and then we have to tell Noah who you guys chose 🙂

Tick tock…

Brian E
      Participant

I’m with @nothenrygale on this one. If the 5th person @thebuz picked was @brianamatopoeia then she has my vote.

Buz though he picked 5 people (not including himself) . So I like this idea, and it goes to Loser Club, which is a group that banded together and didn’t get excepted.

Or @lasalle should pick.
      One of those 2 options.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

I would totally throw a vote in for @pandace88 she’s been pretty litty recently. And of course I’d be down too BUT I have something scheduled on the 5th of may so as cool as an event would be I can wait haha

Christine Barger
      Participant

I trust Mike & Russell to choose.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

I’m with @sfire8… The best way to get back at him is by this community nullifying his attempts to tear us apart.

My first vote would be for @larry since his theories have kept this community the most active. But I’m also side-voting for @electrichippo and @taysavestheday.

Maranda
      Participant

I also think it should be an active newcomer! I’ll support @brianamatopoeia since she lost out during the loser meet up.

Sage
      Participant

I’m also 2nd-ing @larry! He’s a great combination of solid theory and joking around, not just one or the other. And he got shafted and needs another chance. Plus, he’s nice to newcomers like me!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Sage.
       Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Putting this out there as a way to vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/12657521

Only 1 vote per per person is accepted.

Shaun
      Participant

If there’s no consensus I’d suggest either let @lasalle choose or let her choose randomly (each who can go gets assigned a number and use a random number generator online somewhere).

M.
      Participant

I’m going to throw my vote out to @nosnevets. He’s been a host on several occasions that have brought our Tension family together and he helped make it possible someone in our community to attend Tension last year who otherwise may not have had the opportunity. I think he’s a good choice.

Lia
      Participant

@pandace88! Get it gurrrrl!

Tom Kircher
      Participant

I’m not normally that guy, but can I pitch myself?

My biggest regret from Tension was not being as involved in the ARG when it was going on. I signed up for Indoctrination the moment Bloody-Disgusting posted their first article about Tension on February 8th, but in the time since then I ran into a number of very serious personal and family-related issues (most notably my mother being diagnosed with cancer) that made it impossible for me to keep up. This combined with school meant I had to miss out on the events leading up to Ascension. I want to change this with Lust. I still have yet to receive any emails or calls, and I would be so incredibly grateful for the chance to participate in the focus group.

With that being said, I appreciate the opportunity to put my hat into the ring, and I appreciate any consideration.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Tom Kircher.
       Madelaine Rain
      Participant

Is it bad to nominate ourselves? If not I’m free and I’d love to go. So far I’ve been watching from the sidelines with no calls and no emails. Lust has left me feeling like a lonely girl waiting by the phone on a Friday night. But maybe that’s the point?
      In all seriousness though I’m excited to hear about what’s going to happen from everyone who does go!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Great idea, @julierei Put it to a poll.

Alejandra Acosta
      Participant

It’s always good to have newcomers, but I find the presence of vets just as important: I vote for @electrichippo, @rizzzoooooo or @taysavestheday

Megan
      Participant

I thought @electrichippo and @taysavestheday were out?

Mike
      Participant

Thanks @julierei – Is there a way to add people? If not, let’s keep it on the forums so new people can be nominated. I’m keeping a tally 🙂

Julie R Goldstein
        Participant

@mike – It doesn’t look like there is sadly. I’d say go with what you have, but keep the poll up as a tiebreaker if need be.

Maranda
      Participant

If @brianamatopoeia doesn’t accept the nomination or isn’t available, I’ll happily support any of the active newcomers!

Megan
      Participant

I’m going with @brianamatopoeia. Alternatively @larry.

Mike
      Participant

@julierei – Thanks! That’s a great thing to have in our back pocket for next time

Anonymous
      Inactive

Definitely nominate @brianamatopoeia.

Takes balls to publically attack me… well it doesn’t but she didn’t know that at the time.

Also nominate @genghistwan & @meghanmayhem. They both deserve a shot.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@thebuz You’re too kind. Wait, no you’re not. But thank you for the nomination ;D

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh also @michelle who predicted this community thunder down under and has been around since Tension.

Megan
      Participant

@ah-lay sure, but that was Noah’s choice, and based on Buz being active. Otherwise there’s no point in the whole exercise with Julie.

Megan
      Participant

I second the @michelle nomination. If any OG should have a larger part in the story this year, I hope it’s her.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I nominate @brianamatopoeia since she was technically one of the 5 chosen by @thebuz… I’m rooting for ya girl!

Alejandra Acosta
      Participant

Welp, regardless I stick by my nomination ? @coryphella Cristen was also out but was selected back in by Buz

Megan
      Participant

I nominate myself.
      I’m sure Noah can Skype me in.

Candace
      Participant

Cristen
      Participant

One for @brianamatopoeia to help fix @thebuz’s counting mistake and one for @meghanmayhem because well, I have more than 15 minutes this time. ?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Not my counting mistake @wanda102! Dude said pick 5 and I did. Then he said “you’re apart of that 5 numb nuts.”

I swear to god Noah throws shade like Red Fox.

Briana
      Participant

I’d absolutely love to go. If chosen, I
      Will be there. Thanks so much for thinking of me, guys. It seriously means a lot. ❤❤

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

We’ve seen an interesting thing develop over the past few days, where we’ve seen a diverse cross section of the community get selected because we’re pulling from different groups. That seems to be essential – and has helped calm some of the community discord that Noah has tried to generate.

In that spirit, I’d like to suggest that the pick be somebody not included in any prior selections (even if they were struck via Noah).

Much love to @larry, @brianamatopoeia, and everybody else previously named, but the more we spread it around the better. (After that, activity on forums seems to be an essential piece of criteria.)

Kristin
      Participant

I would love to attend via skype? Hahaha ?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@bryan you’re absolutely right! I think the initial reaction of betrayal and confusion is justified and understandable, but I am glad to see that everyone is keeping themselves grounded with the community

Nosnevets
      Participant

Wow thank you so much for nominating me! You guys are amazing. I’m available and would love to go.i also have unfinished business with the OSDM and Noah. Though I’m not so unsure that giving a more new person a chance is a bad thing. Also someone from the “losers” perhaps? @k-w-t maybe? I love you all you glorious sexual wank phesants.

M.
      Participant

Thank you @thebuz and @coryphella ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by M..
       Shaun
      Participant

“the more we spread it around the better” @bcbishop amen to that!

Tom Kircher
      Participant

Taking a page out of the @lasalle book.

Russell
      Participant

@bcbishop I agree that the diversity is key here since we are creating some sort of focus group.
      (Which is also playing right into Noah’s plans… or is it?)
      >Insert dramatic music sting here<

Megan
      Participant

@creepsociety Noah *does* seem like the Skyping type. 🙂

Candace
      Participant

Well I mean if Noah is going to be skyping anyone at this meeting it should be @lasalle lol

Chris
      Participant

@clint-sears enthusiastically votes for @k-w-t by proxy.

Megan
      Participant

@pandace88 – TRUTH. And I was honestly being sarcastic about nominating myself. 😉

Shaun
      Participant

@russell is the dramatic music sting followed by reverberated “lust!”, a whip sound, and “oh yeah!”?

Shaun
      Participant

I nominate @titacorn!

Russell
      Participant

@shaun Perhaps, for now. 😉

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Very thoughtful of you all and I’m humbled by your kindness. Please save your nomination for the future as I think spreading the wealth is a good idea (and because I’m doing Clovell at 6).

Plus I’ll have time to develop further bizarre theories based on your experience!

Candace
      Participant

Yasssss @titacorn ? you finally came to the party!! U have my vote too ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also want to throw some weight towards @pandace88 who’s been super active and involved.

Tom Kircher
      Participant

Martha Acevedo
      Participant

WooooOooOoo, @titacorn!! #UnicornsForLust …oh wait, but my vote goes for @pandace88 #yasss

Tom Kircher
      Participant

Also, thanks @macbethinabathtub and @nosnevets — I’m so very grateful for your consideration!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Tom Kircher.
       Martha Acevedo
      Participant

@jayfurby wants the vote for @larry but I know he cant go so he needs to you know…VOTE. Possible me, most likely not.

M.
      Participant

Seeing that there may be votes being tallied and I’m seeing a few names coming up more than others, I want to throw out a second choice. I also vote for @pandace88. She’s been involved and active. She has a lust (no pun intended) to be involved.

Alecia Steiner
      Participant

I haven’t been vocal but frequently lurking. I want to get in on this and take advantage. <<Tossing my name in.>> 🙂

Shaun
      Participant

Side question in case I missed a story beat:

How come @lilmsfancpants and/or @bcbishop are not in the running here.. is it because they already had an interaction or are somehow ineligible? Are they already a part of the focus group?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Yes–as far as a vote, I am adhering to a story concept. I can share that when my Email asked what stands in the way of my getting what I desire, I answered “chance”.

In that spirit, I printed out all the names on the member page who have made at least one post, cut them out, put them in a bowl and had my daughter pick.

@pandace88
      is the name she picked.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Megan
      Participant

@shaun – I don’t think that anyone has nominated them, mostly we seem to be concentrating on people who *haven’t* had many interactions before. My guess is that @bcbishop (see I didn’t tag the shadow that time) will have more interesting adventures to come…

Chris
      Participant

@shaun, I could be wrong, but I think that falls into the “spread it around” category. Plus this event has been characterized as a focus group for the System and going by the story, @lilmsfancpants and @bcbishop are already in Noah’s pocket. Can we trust they would be impartial?

Shaun
      Participant

Ok got it makes sense thanks.

And @larry how many names did you have in that bowl??

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@shaun I don’t want to speak for @lilmsfancpants, but I’m definitely taking my name out of contention for this one. I’m on Team Spread It Around. 🙂

Megan
      Participant

Just now, Shitty Third Cat jumped up on the table and started throwing everything to the floor. I decided to take advantage of her awfulness. I wrote down everyone’s name who has been nominated and put them on slips of paper on the table, and watched her knock them off one by one until she got bored and ran off, sideways, because that’s how she runs. She left one name on the table, and that’s the person am now wanting to throw my weight behind.

I would like to add my support to @pandace88

Mike
      Participant

@bcbishop can you tell me more about this “it” stuff you’re spreading around?

Julian
      Participant

I’d like to nominate myself, @pandace88 takes all the damn shine and I can’t even get a word edgewise, if you are looking for someone completely “foreign” trying to bust way into the community. You have the perfect specimen right here. Also you guys keep using my poem that I wrote from the heart , does that Count for anything? If it’s not me I want it to be @larry, that fool is dope.

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

At last! I’ve been called both a fool and dope in the same sentence, and they both were meant in a good way!

This ARG stuff is dope!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

You keep it up @mike, I might just decide I do like the new sound effect. 😉

Mike
      Participant
       Candace
      Participant

@coryphella lmfao!!! Please tell me that is really your cat’s name! ?

@jayfurby
      the best bf award goes to…?

Lia
      Participant

@Shaun I’m trusting that Noah will keep his word and call me when he’s ready to see me again. I’ve already been through somewhat of a vetting process with him. Maybe tomorrow’s group is headed down a different path?

Chris
      Participant

Just now I had to rush outside to sign for a package, and to make sure my browser stayed up to date on the discussion, I set up a dipping bird to click the refresh button every few seconds. Inexplicably the dipping bird was nudged out of position by a passing moth and accidentally printed the names of every single person who has registered on this website. However, my printer being what it is, every page was smeared beyond all recognition– save one: I still vote for @pandace88.

Mike
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub – A gif NEEDS to be made of that bird refreshing the forums. NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Megan
      Participant

CONCUR:

@macbethinabathtub – A gif NEEDS to be made of that bird refreshing the forums. NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Tom Kircher
      Participant

Megan
      Participant

@pandace88 – her official name is Ygritte, but she doesn’t give a shit about her name, and she’s not mentally well adjusted, especially since we moved, and is afraid of everyone but me, so we renamed her.

Shaun
      Participant

Close to the dipping bird refreshing: https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lUJ1YoZB1lHVPG/giphy.gif

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Shaun.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Since it was Saturday today I decided to do some home repairs. I was standing on the edge of my toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation. A vision! A picture in my head! A picture of this!

A picture of me voting for @pandace88!

Russell
      Participant

@mike Everybody in Hollywood knows @bcbishop is the “it” guy.

Mike
      Participant

This is heavy @bcbishop

Anonymous
      Inactive

Heavy? Is there something wrong with the Earth’s gravitational pull.

Megan
      Participant

@bcbishop why on EARTH would you do that??
      SAFETY.

Cristen
      Participant

@thebuz I thought he called you “asshat?” I’m starting a new topic of names Noah calls Buz brb.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

I’ll give my vote to @pandace88 as well. She has been active and was a pleasure to meet today!

Shaun
      Participant

With like no time left at all it sure looks like @pandace88!

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

10oclock! Time to send @pandace88 to the wolves! I mean focus group!

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@shaun Is “a fuckload” a number?

The Mixing Bowl of Chance sits here until the Fates call upon it again….

Kyle Bown
      Participant

My vote goes to @pandace88!

Brian E
      Participant

I see lot’s of people voting for multiple people.

@brianamatopoeia
      Loser Club New Comer & @pandace88 another newcomer with super dedication.

Sinclair industries should just let them both in.

Mike
      Participant

TIME’S UP

Thank you to everyone! It looks like @pandace88 is the chosen one for the 10th spot tomorrow.

@russell
      and I will let Noah know

M.
      Participant

Congratulations @pandace88!

Mike
      Participant

Also, just so we’re all on the same page. Here’s a spreadsheet I was using to keep track of everyone’s votes. I only counted the person they first said, but kept track of the others in case of a tie. Who doesn’t love a good spreadsheet on a Saturday night?

Julian
      Participant

A hahahaha @larry I’m happy to assist.

Megan
      Participant

Good job everyone.
      Goodnight. It’s midnight here.

Julian
      Participant

I’m proud to be apart of the fantastic minority of people known as The Self Nomination Party. Cheers my brothers and sisters!!

Shaun
      Participant

I like that spreadsheet @mike you should be a scribe!

Mike
      Participant

@jayfurby – that’s what Noah would do! I think he’d be proud of all of the people that saw something they wanted and then tried to take it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Give ’em hell @pandace88

Shaun
      Participant

@k-w-t I’m sure Noah likes cute pugs! That + shameless promotion = you’ll be on his list for sure at some point.

Briana
      Participant

@pandace88 you got this!❤ Can’t wait to hear what you find out!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Briana.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I think it’s worthwhile to note that this is the most votes I received for anything since I graduated high school and was voted “most likely to become a Chippendale”

Alecia Steiner
      Participant

Congrats @pandace88! Take no prisoners…

Tom Kircher
      Participant

Congratulations @pandace88 and good luck! I hope you get to sin with the utmost perfection tomorrow!

Candace
      Participant

Holy shit…please excuse my silence for a bit while I have a nervous breakdown (and go watch Urban Death)!

????
      Seriously, thank you everyone, this was so fucking intense!! I’m so nervous and excited.

Briana
      Participant

@mistere I have to agree. We’re both eager and willing and ready to step up to the plate. I believe they have my contact info, and if my phone were to ring, I’ll answer the call. I have no expectations or pre-conceived notions of who Noah is, what he or what to expect. I geniusky can’t wait for those attending to report back.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@pandace88

Congrats!!! You have been really helpful and nice to me and I’m so super happy you got picked!

Jackie
      Participant

Oh ha ha, I wasn’t watching my phone. But hurray! I thank you for the vote! Yay!

Kevin
      Participant

Stepped out for the evening to see a man about an axe and missed all the fun. Did run into a handful of Lusties(? Lusters?) though.

Congrats @pandace88!

Briana
      Participant

@kevin are you knocking on The Door? We’ll be doing so on the 8th! Can’t wait!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I went out tonight and came home to 88 emails from this ???‍♀️ Congrats @pandace88 and I will see you tomorrow!

If anyone is wanting to meet us before we go to the focus group, I made a post about a pre meet up. It’s extended to anyone! KONY pizza in K Town at 2pm! Goodnight and hope to see you there!!

Sage
      Participant

Went to sleep and woke up to a winner! Congrats, @pandace88, well deserved!

LaSalle
      Participant

Lol, after wallowing in despair yesterday I’m like “Well I’ll just step away for a bit, get a late dinner, pass out….” WAKE UP TO ALL THIS! I’m so sorry for not seeing this sooner (seriously never going to leave again @meghanmayhem). That said, I love that the community banded together to choose and I’m even happier it went to one of the newer members. Being chosen was an amazing experience, especially since I’m very new to this community. I’m overwhelmed by the love and support that has been shown to us newbies. That’s not to say I think it would have been bad if another Tensionee was chosen–but like @russell said, it’s about forming a focus group and it’s amazing to get a variety of perspectives and experiences in this panel. You are all wonderful people and I think all of us newcomers feel fortunate to be welcomed into this crazy, dark, loving, and paranoid family. Congrats @pandace88 (you’ve also been an amazing and supportive member of this family and you deserve this!). I’ll be eagerly awaiting to see what happens tonight 🙂

Candace
      Participant

@lasalle thank you for your blessing. I do really wish you could have gone but I am certain that you will get another chance!! Especially if the community is given another choice in the future. 🙂 it really is hard to take your eyes away from the forums for even a second. And I couldn’t agree with you more about how wonderful this community is?

Viewing 124 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar