Smoke and Mirrors

This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by superstar.

• Author
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

One thing that’s come up a handful of times this year is the imagery of a mirror. There was a large one in the Focus Group room. There was one in the “Red Office” at Registration. I think many of us, myself included, saw this as a message to “take a look at ourselves”, that we were being shown something about ourselves, some inner truth.

Then came the BOS reveal and all the talk about Houdini. This has since shifted how I’m interpreting the mirror imagery we’ve seen so far. What if all the mirrors are not there to show us that inner truth, but divert our gaze in a different direction. To push our vision AWAY from the truth to whatever they want us to see.

How do you make an elephant disappear? It’s all smoke and mirrors.

It’s a classic magic illusion, one that’s so well known it’s become essentially the stereotypical image of magic alongside sawing a woman in half and pulling a rabbit out of a hat. You have an elephant, put him in a caged space, and with a puff of smoke, it’s gone. SPOILER ALERT: the puff of smoke blocks your vision as they put mirrors into place, reflecting a similar image to what was behind the elephant. They are literally shifting your vision away from what’s really there (the truth) to show you what they want you to see (the lie).

When we look at the mirrors of the OSDM, we aren’t seeing a truth, we’re seeing the deception.

superstar
      Participant

Nice, @nothenrygale! I like this theory!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar