Site Findings

This topic has 48 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Lauren Bello

The words encircling the badge on the right just changed.

The initial badge showed the words: OMINOUS POWER SEX SECRETS CONTROL LOVE DESIRE

The badge now shows the words: DESIRE POWER SEX LOVE CONTROL LIES REJECTION

(Different order, and “Ominous” was replaced with “Rejection”,”Secrets” with “Lies”)

Any other finds?

Megan
      Participant

Good catch, Lauren.

Maranda
      Participant

Has anyone looked at the source code for the home page yet?

Anonymous
        Inactive

It’s just WordPress spew, haven’t found anything of importance yet.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Score one for @thecontroller… you got me there…

View post on imgur.com

Lauren Bello

::marks Feb 15, 7pm in calendar::

Maranda
        Participant

What’s van kipsie, I wonder?

Addison
        Participant

Kipsie is an improvised shelter, which is interesting.

“var” is a variable tag in in html5, my gut tells me that’s less important?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

There certainly are leanings towards these keys being important iconography. Crossed, and on fire. Interesting.

Anonymous
      Inactive

OSDM’s just really into hospitality these days…

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Probably nothing, but there’s an interesting difference in the filename of the different logos. (Had a tab with the old one still open.)

Original version: lust-circle-of-trust

New version: circle-of-lust

Megan
      Participant

The symbols when you go to your profile page…

The hand with an eye might be Hamsa/Hand of Fatima/Hand of Miriam

The All-Seeing Eye: Sacred Origins of a Hijacked Symbol

Anonymous
        Inactive

@kipsie Always got your back, cult buster! SPs stick together.

Melissa
      Participant

Hopefully PST?

Josiah Salazar
      Participant

Lauren where did you get Feb 15, 7pm?
      Nevermind found it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Kipsie is my username, which is long for ‘Kips’ and short for ‘Mudkips.’ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It also looks like they accidentally threw in an extra var tag.

Sean

Looks like a variable declaration with no use. They allocated memory for the string “…Maybe this is important” and the date, but didn’t do anything with the variable. It’s not so much an additional accidental tag, the syntax is correct for a declaration. But it is weird to do that when they could have just added it in the comment section below it.

Maybe extra emphasis on “Kipsie”. The declaration almost literally says “Kipsie is important”

Sean

On second thought, I think I’m just over analyzing the declaration. They wrapped it in a <script> tag, I suppose it would need some code beyond just a comment in order for it to be valid so declaring an unused variable is literally the least they could do.

Here’s the same section from the https://thelustexperience.com/lust/:

Lust code

Maranda
      Participant

@kipsie Crystal, someone’s got their eye on you!

Melissa
      Participant

Hey…..so does anybody else find it interesting, if not a standout, that LUST itself is all caps on the homepage? While it seems to be benign I do find it odd when “The” and “Experience” are not in all caps. Is it possible that LUST itself is an acronym for something else? Think about, we have plenty of acronyms without the usage of periods in between letters (example: NASA)

Then again Tension was all underscore. :-/

Blondie
        Participant

Tension had a history of not using periods in acronyms: OOA, BOS, OSDM… You could be onto something.

Mike
      Participant

@mkarrett – Interesting you bring this up. If you look on the right side of the page it says

“from the minds that brought you The TENSION Experience” Tension is all caps in that aspect.

The bigger thing on my “mind” is the way this is said. “from the minds that brought you…”. This stands out to me because at the very first event, the consultation (which is almost at it’s year anniversary..awww), the doctor took our picture and wrote “MIND” on it. Possibly some sort of connection? Probably overthinking? Both??

Melissa
        Participant

@mike good observation in regards to the The LUST Experience vs The TENSION Experience format. I’ll keep the idea of LUST being an acronym in my pocket but less confident that theory. And no, you’re not over-thinking the mind thing, anything is possible in this world. 🙂

Lauren Bello

Let Us Sex Together
        Look Up Sometime Tonight
        Live Under the Shadow of Thirst
        Libidinous Urges Suck, Tension

OK that was fun

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Additional hair brained observation:

@thecontroller
      ’s cover photo is of a collection of bird cages (which would match with the bird icon representing the forum). @wiretrees could be a reference to bird cage?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Meghan Mayhem.
       monkeymuffin333
      Participant

A thought just occurred to me. In the last iteration the theme of the five senses gave us a broad structure on which various events and philosophies were embroidered. If we are to consider the different aspects of Lust as illustrated on the site badge (sex, control, etc), might we have been provided a road map of what we will be experiencing?

Melissa
        Participant

@monkeymuffin333

A thought just occurred to me. In the last iteration the theme of the five senses gave us a broad structure on which various events and philosophies were embroidered. If we are to consider the different aspects of Lust as illustrated on the site badge (sex, control, etc), might we have been provided a road map of what we will be experiencing?

I like! Although what the hell will happen to the sex part?

Mike
      Participant

@monkeymuffin333 – I really dig that theory!

I wonder what stage we’d be in now…possibly “Desire” due to all of us wanting things to start happening?

Chloe
        Participant

I’m thinking left to right starting with “Desire” and ending with “Rejection” if it is a lineup of what will happen. If we’re keeping with Lust being the exact definition of what it is and nothing else, then maybe it’s something like following a pair of lovers doomed relationship with desire, power, sex, love, control, then lies and rejection.

Nosnevets
      Participant

Since we’re all giving crackpot theories, I’ll throw my hat into the ring.

Tension’s symbol we all recognized as being similar to the Leo astrological sign with some extra bits. (as well as the numbers and all sorts of other things we saw in it.) Leo being July 23rd-August 22nd and the original calendar we found saying something was to be in August which we assumed was the ticketed event.

Well, looking at all the doodads here in the LUST site, there’s that Sin With Perfection tab on the side with a funny little symbol. To me, it looks a bit like my astrological sign. It looks like an Aquarius with extra bits and rotated 90 degrees to look reminiscent of a snake. And February 13th-February 15th (7 pm) fall well within Aquarian dates.

Nosnevets
        Participant

Which I guess you could look at with its overt biblical overtones and see the snake as being the harbinger or the catalyst to the original sin…allowing us to sin with perfection… or is it in perfection? Are we on the quest for Eden?

Sean

@nosnevets – If Tension is to be an example, I’d be less willing to accept that we’re hunting for Eden than we are trying to save Eve

Nosnevets
        Participant

The snake tempting Eve…or Eve tempting us… is Michelle tempting us after the end? Tempting us back. Is Michelle the first woman? If so who was the first man? I wouldn’t think Sampson… I think it’s easy to say Anoch is what we think…but who is the snake? And what is the forbidden fruit that gives knowledge? Temptation seemed to work as we’re all in the forum. Or maybe we’re the snake trying to tempt whoever Eve may be?

Melissa
      Participant

Another thing about the Circle of Lust (actually called that, go to the page source) has 7 words. Could they be basically a different sequence of the 7 Deadly Sins?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

A circle denotes that it is recursive. So we could technically start anywhere in the circle and have it fit. I personally think that these will be themes and tones that we will feel–not necessarily in a linear progression with a defined start.

Sean

I agree both with parts of what both Chloe and Taylor said in this

On the one hand, a “cycle” beginning with Desire and escalating until Rejection sounds logical.

But it makes sense as a cycle, as well. Think about Tension’s End. We were all explicitly rejected. Both by Addison/Sabrina, who told us not to follow and by the OSDM who cleaned house, taunted us, and told us they’d use us as they pleased.

We went through Rejection only a couple months ago and we’ve just spent the last few months Desiring the next cycle. By simply being here, on their domain, we are giving them Power over us

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

This cycle you speak of? It’s just the range of emotions I run through as I look in the mirror each morning.

Jackie
      Participant

I like Sean’s idea of that we’re already in the cycle. Rejection/Desire/Power…But if the next step is Sex, cautiously open any future Periscope video.

If read clockwise, It’s like the cycle beginning anew as it always does.Rejected, then to fall into desire again, to start a new pursuit which turns into ruin. But if read counter clockwise, it sounds much more victimized, that turns into something rewarding. Just a thought.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I too feel as if Rejection is the ultimate endgame here. Much like at the end of Tension, when we watched our hearts spill out onto the floor in the form of all those surveys. And still knowing that, I feel more encouraged than ever to share every part of myself with these people.

Oof…this is gonna be rough.

Maranda
      Participant

I’m in my 20s but actually don’t have any relationship experience so I can’t speak about this firsthand, but looking at the clockwise order the words feel like they’d belong better in an abusive relationship than in a healthy one. “Control” and “Lies” are particularly worrying. Hints for what’s to come, maybe?

thehazelverse
      Participant

I am in love with the direction all your minds are turning.

Everything is cyclical in our universe… Where we begin doesn’t determine where our cycle may stop… or pause… as, nothing ever ends with the OSDM…

Can’t wait to see what we are in for.

Candace
      Participant

Only 3 days late in the game yet so many forum topics to catch up and chime in on. I like @nosnevets original sin/garden of eden-esque theory and it brought to mind the Lovers card in the rider Waite tarot deck. [I read tarot cards and this is one of my favorites for personal reasons between my partner @jayfurby and I ? who I am dragging into Lust with me despite my fears of what kind of experience this might be for a couple to go into together. Idk what routes this thing is going to go down..oh boy..] but anyway here’s the card. (Idk how to attach photos straight into a post so I hope this works..

lovers card

Candace
      Participant

Um it didn’t seem to work..I’m on mobile and I can’t even find an edit or delete button on posts so I’ll just try again by putting the whole link in. I am not tech savvy.. maybe some help from @thegilded?

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+lovers+tarot+card&safe=off&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&source=lnms&prmd=isvn&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhkJb3gZvSAhVisFQKHY_TDMMQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=XR3HLgHrU2TJvM:

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Candace.
       Sean

Ah, you can’t edit posts after a minute or so. In order for the image link to work, you need to link the image itself instead of the google search.

If the link doesn’t end in “.jpg” or “.gif” or something it won’t work. I think you’re looking for

Daniel
      Participant

Going off the lust circle theory, could sex just mean a moment of passion? I’m sure there won’t be anything sexual but sex is considered an act of passion. Then again idk, we’re only at the beginning.

Sean

I’m sure there won’t be anything sexual

Oh, you sweet summer child…

Daniel
      Participant

I guess it is a bit of wishful thinking. It’s all about getting out of that comfort zone afterall

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Daniel.
       Candace
      Participant

@thegilded thank you for your help! That’s good to know for the future ☺

Viewing 33 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar