Shut the fuck up and eat your (blanks)-ables

This topic contains 110 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Fuller 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
     Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

What I learned:

One person’s delight is another person’s poison.

Now, everybody pass your plate to the person on your left.

Brad Ruwe 
    Participant

Since @maddyxxx isn’t here to expound some deeper meaning behind his task now that we’ve (mostly) all partaken in his task, I’ll follow @larry that what he wrote is likely exactly the “deeper meaning” behind this. Yes Noah wanted us to re-evaluate our past thoughts and feelings. But guess what, MANY of us still hate those food and drink items. I probably had one of the less extreme reactions (no puke on my end) but I still will likely never voluntarily eat octopus again. Very few, if any, came out of this with a changed perception.

BUT, since he had us all broadcast our food quests, we saw the varied responses. For just about any item, someone was in SHOCK that someone else couldn’t stand it. I freaking love cole slaw, and to hear there’s people out there who despise it sounds utterly strange to me.

So even if none of us really found a new appreciation for a food, it was a reminder that just because something is great / awful to us, it is by no means a standard across the board. Opinions are just that, opinions, and far from a universal fact.

So way to go Noah. I still don’t trust you and your System, but you managed to come up with a task with a pretty fantastic lesson.

Maddyxxx 
    Participant

Sleep-sleeps time @nothenrygale… Thank you for the compliment but while it may look like we are playing checkers, it’s a bit of 3-D chess.

Update in the morning.

Let’s all wake up, shave 1997 off our face and hit the ground running.

Night night.

Lawrence Meyers 
    Participant

Actually, I went back and had more cottage cheese. Not so bad, after all.
    And Planty LOVES broccoli!

But I think @nothenrygale came up short.

@winstonsmith and I were talking on another thread about those who see one thing as incontrovertible truth find that others think they are fucking crazy. But if one’s long-held perspectives, based on perception (such as taste) are re-examined, what was once crazy may now appear perfectly sane.

Or in the case of @maddyxxx

Crazy as a fox! But please, don’t make that update too early. Some of us sleep in.

Megan 
    Participant

Very few, if any, came out of this with a changed perception.

Speak for yourself. I ate sheep organs. And after I finished that scotch had 2 more.

Robert Fuller 
    Participant

So even if none of us really found a new appreciation for a food, it was a reminder that just because something is great / awful to us, it is by no means a standard across the board. Opinions are just that, opinions, and far from a universal fact.

So way to go Noah. I still don’t trust you and your System, but you managed to come up with a task with a pretty fantastic lesson.

I had the opposite lesson, in the sense that I was surprised by just how many people share my own food aversions (I also hate cole slaw, by the way). I agree with the vast majority of them, in fact. For me, the lesson is that nothing is as bad as your childhood self thought it was. I still hate Triscuits, but it’s not the worst thing in the world and I can finally imagine eating one without feeling like I want to gag.

Cottage cheese, on the other hand …

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to toolbar