Shut the fuck up and eat your (blanks)-ables

This topic has 110 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Robert Fuller.

• Author
       Maddyxxx
      Participant

Sup my street streeeeet PEEEEEEEOOOOOOOPLE?

So, lots and lots of yippitty yapping, yada yada yada but not enough about the most important subject in the world… Me.

I, Noah Sinclair, and trust me, it’s actually me kiddos, pull my finger and I’ll belch something you could light on fire… I am the utmost authority on how to Work The System and I believe that a large part of The System is maximizing the tools that you already have and doing the most you fucking can with them. Don’t wait for tomorrow, don’t wait until you feel like it and don’t wait for someone else’s permission.

So how are you numb nuts going to try and take the pebble out of my hand today?

I’ll tell you how, with your mouth.

Now before all of you get your lady boners going, let me explain…

I want everyone to go back and think about an item of food that they used to find absolutely DISGUSTING.

We all have them. Think of the thing you found horrendous, the one thing that kept you at the table crying and refusing to eat it until finally your favorite housekeeper was forced to eat so much that she got sent to the hospital to have her stomach pumped and never looked you in the eye the same way again. What? Just me?

Alright, maybe your hippy dippy childhood home wasn’t exactly the same as mine but you can’t argue with results can you? But, we are off track. This isn’t about discipline this is about revisiting what we believe to be true.

I want everyone to go out and pick that nasty, disgusting food or drink item from your past that you haven’t had in at least 10 years or more and I want you to try it again in the next 6 hours. Now, this is again, this is food and drink, (I have access to a lot of things and no one start talking about eating you know what “like it’s groceries”. I’m looking at you @creepsociety, by the way, where the heck were you 10 years ago you crazy little freakshow!?)

Now go out there, do this with an open damn mind and report back with a review. Heck, film it and post it up if you’d like.

It doesn’t matter how you do it as long as you keep an open mind and check back in with a report. It can be as simple as thumbs up and thumbs down. Let’s all see how this goes…

Go get it!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Maddyxxx.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Maddyxxx.
       Maddyxxx
      Participant

PS. I want to see the results in this thread. Periscope or facebooks your BS if you want but post up that LINK in here!

This one is for us.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s okay, @maddyxxx. You can say “ass.”

Maddyxxx
      Participant

I can say “butthole”, “taint”, “rusty trombone” and “motherfucking rim jobs ’till the wheels come off” too but I was trying to maybe not put everyone’s mental palate in the same place as you degenerates before they started this task @kipsie, but I thank you for your permission.

Now, less blah blah blah and more finding your inner truth and shit. I won’t call on the disruptors again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh jeeze.

Does Vodka count?

Sean

You’re really fucking over us white collar jerkoffs, @maddyxxx. I’ll try to find some bullshit around here in the next 6 hours I guess

Anonymous
      Inactive

@thebuz he did mention drinks…so You should be golden…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Hey @maddyxxx, for once a task I can see genuine benefit from. I’m in, but 6 hours? Who the hell eats before 5 PM other than the elderly? You want to add some extra hours to your time frame for those of us who aren’t geriatric? Lunch options may be limited for those of us who have work during the day. I will likely be able to something for lunch, but it might be tricky.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

God damnit @maddyxxx you bastard… I am absolutely repulsed by Hummus.. the smell, the texture, the color, the taste. Enjoy watching me throw up ???

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Welp. 11:11am. Off to the liquor store.

Candace
      Participant

There are definitely many food/drinks I don’t like. I am the pickiest eater there is. Everything grosses me out and I have an immense fear of getting sick (vomiting) which I don’t mess with! So this sucks!! I may be going with the lesser of all evils but the thought of drinking orange juice with pulp still turns my stomach and makes me want to gag so I think it still counts! ? headed to the market..to be continued..

Maddyxxx
      Participant

Okay, okay @nothenrygale has a damn point… I swear to fuck, nothing makes sense today. Next, old Bryan B going to come on in wearing big boy pants and say something actually relevant too…

OKAY, curfew extended. Everyone report back BY 11 PDT.

EXCEPT for @meghanmayhem. I’m not going to be the only one starting before noon.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@maddyxxx says I have a point and I’m agreeing to do a System task. When the fuck did we land in bizarro universe?

Melissa
      Participant

I hate ketchup. I fucking hate grapefruit juice. Both of these things have not met my mouth well over 10 years.

Ugh.

Cristen
      Participant

Looks like I’ll be eating a heaping spoonful of mayo on camera! I’m telling you, @maddyxxx, the only thing I’ll be learning about myself here is that I still hate mayo. But I bet the strangers on Periscope will find a way to enjoy it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is going to be awful.

Have my food/drink picked out.

Will periscope at 3pm.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Looks like I’ll be taking a trip on my lunch break to the local sushi place to have Octopus for the first time in 7+ years (not sure the exact number, just know it was during my old Ohio days).

Megan
      Participant

OMG.
      Does haggis count? Because I really was NOT going to eat it.

Blondie
      Participant

So glad to not be on the System train right now, because just even thinking of eating rosemary makes me wanna vom. However, here’s the thing. Who’s gonna know if that is in fact something you hate? Pick something random you don’t mind, pull the appropriate faces… Boom. Done.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Here’s to making bad choices before noon. Now when are we getting that drink together, @maddyxxx?

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFoAtDFkcmplTWFWWFpqYkd8MVJER2xtT1FFWGxKTKq6nlTeyeLpj7W1d78FteUAG-xsdQA2hfFKPVZ8FV6k

Candace
      Participant

My hands are literally shaking because I was so nervous about gagging but u know what..drinking orange juice with pulp wasn’t as horrific as I remember. It’s still not my favorite and I wouldn’t ever order it at a restaurant but it’s OK and I didn’t gag!!

Link to my accomplishment:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFoB1zFkdktPcldMWVBnUVh8MU9kS3JvbXFyWGVHWFZBbxxue371FYN9r1uhE6DV1AATffrPICGXQzfnd0br

Maddyxxx
      Participant

@blondie I literally don’t even know what you are talking about, this isn’t about on a train or not on a train. You can cheat in life all you want, in fact I often encourage it, but when it comes to learning something or not learning something you only short cut yourself if you don’t even try or have a take away. I thought I would have made that clear by now. So, hop on my thread, bitch and complain, don’t do anything and teach everyone how to not try a new experience… Good work. Try things, grow, get out of your supposed boxes or go waste someone else’s time.

NOW, I always learn something from everything so my take away from your nonsense is THIS…

A WARNING:

The rest of you, DO NOT go over the top and over-exaggerate because it’s fun… Sure, I do indeed want to see someone barf. I am human. This isn’t about that though, it’s about re-avulating supposed truths. Examine your stupid bullshit, check in, find out if it’s still there.

@meghanmayhem
      and @pandace88, nice work! Keep them coming folks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Maddyxxx.
         Kristin
        Participant

Hahaha fuck this rules so much! ??? will report back soon ?

Groceries

Oh also… we gonna meet up in two weeks or what? ? @maddyxxx

Candace
      Participant

@maddyxxx thank you for continuing to push me to do the things I am afraid of. The only limits are the ones I set for myself. Trying to get out of my own way. I understand the point of this and I appreciate it!

Cara
      Participant

@maddyxxx I’m not going to participate in this challenge but I actually do see some value in it. I will say that as a child I hated tomatoes and now I love them. Tastes change over time (in more ways than one). So, I’ll enjoy watching everyone expand their horizons today. Maybe I’ll even go try out some asparagus just to see if I still hate it… but I’m not filming it for you.

Blondie
      Participant

@maddyxxx Aww, did I rattle your cage boo? The only thing this tests is people’s gag reflexes. Although I too am hoping for some “barf”…

Anonymous
      Inactive

I feel like puking. The caramel did not make the texture better…

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ZkJzOlLvEwxv

Anonymous
      Inactive

However, I will say that @maddyxxx has a point. My texture preferences aside, over the years I have found myself being okay with textures that I used to despise. I used to fucking hate tofu and now I love it. Alas, I guess flan is not in the cards for me…

Sean

Task completed. Fuckin’ hate pesto so that was my target.

Upside: Got to go out to lunch and get some pesto-laden pasta. Turns out I still fucking hate it but I got to expense it so got my company to pay for this little experiment.

Downside: Lunch meeting meant that I couldn’t film it, though. Wasn’t all that exciting anyways. Just thoughtful expression, bite, bite, swallow, frown. Fucking riveting stuff.

Overall 4/10 experience. Maybe 5/10 because I got free shitty food. Also pesto is still shit and anyone who likes it is outright wrong.

Lauren Bello

It was tough for me to think of something because in the past few years I’ve already been revisiting foods I hated as a child (fish, plantains…). Often they weren’t anything like what I remembered.

Eventually I decided on a Tootsie Roll…haven’t had one of these in 20+ years. The only time I had one as a child, I threw up. Everything about them just repelled me – the smell, the texture, the way I remembered bits of paper staying stuck to the Tootsie Roll.

Still not a fan of the smell. But the taste was tolerable, the texture was actually kind of fun, and wrappers have improved over the years – no leftover bits at all. Still not my thing, but I guess I don’t have to be repelled by them. 3/10

Tim Redman
      Participant

I hate to say it, but this task does serve a purpose and I can get behind it. Unfortunately, @maddyxxx is now sounding like my mom.

Candace
      Participant

OMG @daela that’s a good one!! Tootsie rolls are NASTY! but I also haven’t had one in 20+ years..oh well thank God I’m already done for the day lol next time

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I’m always a proponent of giving things a chance, even if you hated it in the past.
      I fucking hate Indian food, but many of my friends love it, so I will go to restaurants with them and try to find a dish I enjoy. I’ve found a *very* small amount of things there I enjoy.
      Sometimes you convince yourself you hate something, but it’s situational. “I hate ___ but it’s probably because the last time I hate it, it was during the dinner where my parents told me they were getting a divorce” or some shit.
      So I’ll give things a chance.

Gin fucking sucks and why continue to test and see if I see like it if there’s whiskey in the world for me to make sweet mouth love to?

People however, that’s a little bit harder for me. If I decide I don’t like a person, it’s hard for me to not hold a grudge and decide to give them a chance again in the future. People change, but my wrath rarely does.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I will be periscoping around 2:30 today on my lunch. I’m already feeling nauseous lol Anything for you @maddyxxx. I never turn down a “dare” or a challenge 😉

Maddyxxx
      Participant

@timsmyname I don’t remember saying, “That will be $10 but not on my face.”

Just kidding big guy, let’s be friends again. I look forward to seeing your choice.

Everyone is doing the thing. Keep it up.

Megan
      Participant

@maddyxxx – tell you what. We’re about to head out to 56 North. They have haggis. I’ll eat that and drink the most un-Megany whiskey there is and you can laugh at the face I make. That’s all I’ve got tonight.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@maddyxxx Another shout out? I think @wanda102 may have been right about the crush thing. Either way, you sure do know how to make a fella feel special.

Cooking something up for you, Precious. Stay tuned.

Cristen
      Participant

I can confirm that I have made @meghanmayhem eat Indian food and she found something she liked out of courtesy. Can also confirm the ability to wrath as one of her finer qualities. ?

Second chances are fickle things. The ability to know who and what deserves one is definitely worth learning.

Anonymous
      Inactive
       Michael Rizzo
      Participant

SOvthe item I chose, I haven’t had it in about 15 years or so. It is the original flavor licorice, and I absolutely despise it. When I was younger, I’d always be at my grandma’s house… and the only sweet sort of “treat” was her Australian licorice. She’s always offer them to me and if I ever refused she’d tell me how rude it is for someone to decline something from their grandma because “who knows how many years I have left”. Guilt trippin the full nine yards. So whenever I’d have one, I’d she’s it for maybe a minute and then excuse myself to the bathroom where I would straight spit that shit out in the toilet. I mean, even just the texture fees like it was glazed in fucking smelly slime.

@maddyxxx
      , this ones for you smh

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFoPyzEzNzUxNjY4fDFtcnhtbWxRdldNeHns7-d3EPBmI5ZcpnMiAAEAu8yREhtpT-a6TdMn9hP65g==

Melissa
      Participant

I think one upside is that we’re all kinda oddly bonding over shit we hate. Yayy for co-miserating lol. @rizzzoooooo I feel ya dude, black licorice is just NASTY.

@mamatato you dislike flan? That’s so interesting, I love flan! @creepsociety can attest to this <3

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Melissa.
       Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

I just ate a Gulabi fruit… horrendous little thing…

I found some sweet aftertaste after the initial blast of disgusting tartness subsided.

Its reminiscent of all the pain and sorrow we’re having to go through to bring Anoch back and deliver the sweetness back to us.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAKEendAmZKL

Briana
      Participant

I genuinely cannot think of a food that I hate (someone already beat me to the licorice, can there be repeats? Speaking of licorice- why do I adore it’s flavor in absinthe, but hate it in rope form?). Any ideas for the non-picky eater?

And no, my housekeeper never had to eat my leftovers, but my brother DID pee in her bed when my parents dumped us at her house to go on their ski trip. So that’s nice.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@mkarrett

There are two things I know to be true:

1) There is no such thing as good flan.
      2) There is no war in Albania.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Text with Amanda:

View post on imgur.com

Addison
      Participant

I had some bad experiences with tuna salad sandwiches in the past, haven’t eaten one since 2006. Got through half before the memories of tuna and varsity soccer tryouts came rushing back.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant
       Andrew Kasch
      Participant
       Cristen
      Participant

This is my darkest timeline, @maddyxxx.

Mayogate.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFoVhzF4ZUVXeEpaTHFBUVB8MXlwS2RsTXdWUmpLV7HJw4nxgjFWveca04c4qDo58fZ-VNjKGby7nFTorizl

I should review this. The flavor of the mayo was not as bad as I expected it to be, but there were far too many things happening in my mouth at once. (Put that on my tombstone.)

That said, I can see why it might be nice on a sandwich. But I did not take any of the extra packets home for snacks.

Tim Redman
      Participant

That was pretty funny, @maddyxxx. Thanks for not disappointing. See how I teed that one up for you? I can be the Martin to your Lewis. There are all kinds of team players.

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

Liver and onions.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFoWPTF3QkVBZEdxRHFMalB8MWRSS1pua1FiV2dLQpjO2e0TzHecNHHK3HkQ-zsdaglMqv9N6kCHXjhUYY3l

It didn’t taste like I remembered, it was a new kind of unpleasant…with onions.

Brian E
      Participant

I hate non-alcoholic beer, last time I had it was accidentally in a cooler at about 5 and an half years ago (not 3 years ago as I said in the video, still not 10), and almost threw up.

So I went out and got one non alcoholic beer and drank it for Noah!
      Link

*Dammit, it’s a busy day. There’s a time crunch for this, I missed the part 10 years ago.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Brian E.
       Megan
      Participant

This came with me being forced to talk with an authentic Scotsman too.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFoZqDF4ZUVXeGx5eHJwUVB8MW1ueGVtd2xaREV4WA6bMHzkw4GBAn7-DkycnfrpcLM-ahEoGY-yLQ4NxN1F

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

Oh I forgot to review Celery

…. Yeah it’s still terrible. Tastes like what I imagine grass tastes like.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@bcbishop look like we both have caught his attention. @maddyxxx just can’t stop talking about my facial hair. Hey Noah, I got the joke the first time. What’s that thing about beating dead horses?

Octopus review: Meh with a side of awful rubber texture.

https://www.periscope.tv/NotHenryGale/1OdJromqXlQxX

Briana
      Participant

I’ll go live in a few with my late lunch.

https://www.pscp.tv/Brianamatopoeia/

Anonymous
      Inactive

In case the review portion of my video was unclear: Fuck Everclear.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Now can someone post my link? I have no fucking clue where to find it.

Melissa
      Participant

@larry you get the gold for most dramatic thus far.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFokfzFlZGpubGJPR3hRb2d8MWxEeExrcXlSVndKbT2O_poIFHZSpuCH6wFzEVRWBp-mPdZ3c2emDKa1qxud

You’re welcome

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@mkarrett thank you.

I just couldn’t figure out how to play music and Periscope at the same time. Then it would have had exponentially more drama.

Briana
      Participant

Hy, @maddyxxx and friends, thanks for tuning in to watch me eat tentacle and rapeseed while making light sexual innuendos. Sorry I had to cut it short.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

“Tentacle and Rapeseed”

Coming soon to a Japanese video store near you…

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@maddyxxx Here you go. You got me to eat the one food that guarantees me throwing up. And, yes, I threw up. You owe me lunch ??

Hummus throw up

Kyle Bown
      Participant

OMFG pickles are terrible. I can’t stand vinegar anyway, so that was not great.

The gherkin however, was delightful, so I guess I owe you for that one, @maddyxxx.

Here’s the link: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvKpjlorPQJE

Kortney
      Participant
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Will be on at 3:15 now. Grocery store is a terror.

George Zuniga
      Participant

Double or nothing. Let’s do this.

https://www.pscp.tv/defnotgeorge/follow

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Fun thing I’ve learned watching these videos from all you foul people…

Expanding on what I said earlier, much like the foods we hated 10+ years ago, people can give us bad impressions and put awful tastes in our mouths (heyooo) and sometimes giving them another chance proves us wrong and makes us realize that they weren’t as bad as we remember.
      But watching these videos proves that 9/10 times, they are in fact just as bad as you remember and still turn your stomach. Giving people a 2nd chance is important, do so with an open mind…but also a very cautious one. And have a bucket handy. Or an escape plan.
      People can change, foods stay the same. It’s our perception of the foods that change. Sometimes people change into better flavors. Sometimes they stay rotten.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I see they’ve gotten rid of the “favorite” post feature, but @meghanmayhem I’d absolutely favorite that post if I could. Having an open mind is one thing, but you still need to learn from your past experiences.

Cassandra
      Participant

I thought I already posted this but apparently it didn’t go through. Anyway, I ate some cauliflower, which used to make me wanna vom as a kid. It was “ok”.

Here is the link:
      https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFos4zFKUkttUmVnZFdualB8MVlxSkRSbHBwak5LVvD0L-V2tLWaIFlIIMT3fAaIJA4sspTfzX-L8W5U74IZ

Briana
      Participant

There’s also something to be said about learning to stomach foods you hate. You don’t ever have to like them, but being able to stomach them gives you a sort of power. Like people- some people change, most don’t, but like you said, your perception of them can. But being able to stand them, even the ones you don’t like gives you a similar kind of power, I’d say. Not that everything is about power, but we ARE dealing with Noah here, so aside from him compiling a montage of videos of us cringing and making awful faces, I have to believe there’s some sort of empowering message or reason behind this. Noah is all about power.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Briana.
       Kevin
      Participant

Went out and got a thing of yogurt because I can’t stand the smell or taste of it. I can’t even remember the last time I tried to eat a cup of the stuff, it’s got to be 15+ years, probably more. I’m actually glad @maddyxxx set this task out because I found out I don’t totally hate it anymore. The memory of the thing was actually much worse than the thing itself. I still don’t enjoy yogurt and may never eat it again, but that wasn’t an awful experience.

Periscope here:
      https://www.periscope.tv/gossettkevin/1mnGemwaBobGX

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I just want to say for the record, regarding what I actually enjoy eating —

MY COMPETITION.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

There was one particular food item my Dad always tried to get me to eat when I was a kid. I always hated it. To the point that it would actively make me retch whenever I even thought of it.

Today I faced that fear, thanks to @maddyxxx and The System.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbpyl3cqzgu8j00/eatingforthesystem.mov

UPDATE: A friend brought up a good question, so just to clarify — I was prepared for multiple different reactions depending on how I felt about revisiting the food in question. #bepresent

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Bryan Bishop. Reason: Clarifying bit about my response to the food, because I'm the kind of nerd that actually prints out multiple branching reactions jic
       Lauren Bello

Ugh, really, Noah?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

I gotta ask…

@maddyxxx
      what’s something you hated from 10 years ago? And would you record yourself trying it again?

Megan
      Participant

I’m ondrink 4 and the bartender won’t play David Bowie

Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay so I chose to do a food and drink.

I haven’t eaten these items for 20 years.

Periscope here with details and backstory as well as me doing the deed.

The big take away for me here is that I may still completely and utterly detest these items but I can now associate them with a memory that has nothing to do with parenting issues. So that’s a big plus one for me.

George Zuniga
      Participant

@buz

I can’t agree with you there. When I was a kid, and all through rugby season, my dad used to make me eat hardboiled eggs. I still hate my dad.

On the bright side, I communally suffered with other people. So that’s nice.

Could also be said that that everyone showed their strength, too. They’ve shown just how far they’re willing to go. Bravely and boldly, at that. Cheers to you guys.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Doesn’t delete the issues @ruck. Merely helps disassociate the item with the issues.

Now I can associate 2%milk and Anchovies with you terrible people.

As @meghanmayhem said earlier… perceptions can be changed. It’s a top tier lesson. Change your perception of something and reevaluate why or how you feel about it.

I now know that I hate anchovies and 2%Milk because they are fucking gross, not because I had a detached mom.

Kristin
      Participant
         Kristin
        Participant

I can’t edit on my phone but I meant two weeks from today not a week on my periscope ??

Sage
      Participant

@larry, omg!! You win the oscar!! Cannibal plant!!! I have to get off work before I can do mine… But these are kinda making my day!

Briana
      Participant

You guys are hilarious.

Ok, so squid salad wasn’t as bad as I thought. I went out and purchased my ACTUAL childhood fear- cole slaw and fruit punch. I’ll go live with it in about 10 minutes. ew.

https://www.pscp.tv/Brianamatopoeia/

Sage
      Participant

Here’s mine. That was my first periscope, I was nervous. Vienna sausages and Coors Light are two gross things my mom ate all the time when I was growing up (we were like .25% white trash). I hated both! Sausages actually weren’t as bad as I remember…but I’m not even going to give the rest to my dog. Coors Light is gross, especially a tall one! Right in the trash.

Sage
      Participant

Vienna Sausages and Coors Light, here’s to you Mom!

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFpU_jFkdkVPWlp6bWRialh8MW5BS0VlbllZelJLTH5iGSq9pOJ2NHfNDnoRQKh35tFgDPb-bevUfEU1K5iq

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Sage.
       Melissa
      Participant
       Blondie
      Participant

Wait… @sfire8 – you *hate* Coors Light? Hate… Coors Light? My brain can’t compute… Nope. Blocking that out…

Jackie
      Participant

Brussel sprouts. Mustard. Pickle juice. Dislike. I can go another 10 years.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1DXxyOMvkVnGM

Tim Redman
      Participant

Children and pets and tomatoes.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1gqGvOAykEwJB

My peace offerning to you, @maddyxxx

And for the love of god, there’s nothing, NOTHING to watch past 2:30.

Sage
      Participant

@blondie, honestly it’s childhood trauma. Sorry to get heavy, but right when I tasted it, it brought me back to when I was 4 or 5 years old and my mom would drink Coors Light all day, then pass out on the couch and I would have to put myself to bed. I hate it! Now I can’t stop thinking about “stuff”…

Blondie
      Participant

@sfire8 I’m sorry you went thru that – I had a similar experience during childhood but for different reasons with different causes. But the long-lasting wounds are the same and I won’t attempt to diminish what you put yourself thru today *all the hugs*

What I will do however is diminish the asshat behind what you did today. And @maddyxxx, feel free to delete this as it is clear you hate dissenters.

My manifesto is simple.

1) Be true to yourself. If you feel stuff, don’t fucking apologise for that. If you wanna be a bitch, well… Ok. Maybe be less of a bitch cos it’s kinda annoying. If you believe in something, be proud and say so. Respect yourself cos no-one else will…

And 2) Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

It really is that simple. Be a decent person. Be the change you want to see in the world. And that advice is FREE motherfuckers. No jumping through hoops. No $$$. Just me. Saying BE FUCKING DECENT TO EACH OTHER.

Night night xxx

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Blondie.
       Lukas L
      Participant
       Anonymous
      Inactive

I think I’m dying. Might be lactos intolerant. Goddammit.

Melissa
      Participant

@maddyxxx

Now I have to ask:

What food/drink do you dislike the most?

P.S. want some grapefruit juice?

Tiffany
      Participant

And my absolutely disgusting food to eat was…drum roll please…Costco hot dogs! It’s been so long since I’ve had one, it was wrapped in a PRICE CLUB LABEL. That’s right kids, 1993. I think all hot dogs are disgusting, but I have also dated someone who worked in the Costco cafeteria in the past, so I find anything made there particularly gross (except the fro-yo) because I know what’s happening behind those doors. I did not film it because I don’t need to hear Noah’s jokes about phallic food going in my mouth. I can tell you that with enough toppings I could make this into something I could stand. The lesson to take away then is that clearly if we cover up life’s bullshit with enough garnishes, it becomes bearable. Yay!

Chelsea
      Participant

Tomato juice sucks. Seriously. Take my word for it and do not drink tomato juice ever.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bFpq1zFkclFlWk5hT1pOS2J8MW5BS0VlbnJRYmtLTGtwDS6_xAOvW2AXzthbgYnCRC-WrH8lMGXFIYowUbfw

Winston Smith
      Participant

Aww, look at @maddyxxx having a perfectly reasonable idea! I ain’t gonna make a video, but I can definitely confirm that mustard is still an abomination. One spoon, Gulden’s spicy brown mustard, I’d have to give it a pretty solid F. I can’t taste anything good that might be hiding behind that sea of vinegar.

Since everyone is tellin’ stories, I’ve hated mustard for as long as I remember. When I was probably 8-10 or so, my grandmother and I were taking a day trip somewhere like the zoo. We stopped at McDonalds for food, where she got me 2 hamburgers, both with mustard. I remember being revolted by the smell, in the back seat of my parents car, trying to eat one and just not being able to choke it down. I don’t even remember for sure where we were going, but I remember that fucking hamburger with mustard.

People who lived through the Great Depression don’t have any sympathy for kids who don’t like certain foods. Like, at all. So, I went hungry that day. Mustard fucking suuuuuucks, would starve again.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

There are a lot of foods I hate, but I went with the one that most traumatized me as a child.
      https://www.pscp.tv/horkology/1djxXLklNjkxZ?t=

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Robert Fuller.
       Jackie
      Participant

@winstonsmith
      This guy fucking gets it. Mustard is the devil.

Robert Fuller
      Participant

I also agree with a lot of other choices people made: flan, pesto, liver and onions (almost did that one myself), black licorice, celery. These are all terrible, terrible things.

Maranda
      Participant

Sounds like an interesting experiment, so I thought I’d give it a try. Since I’m in rural Japan not much is available that fits the criteria of “something I had ten years ago and didn’t like,” so I had to make do. As a kid I tried vegetable juice once and disliked it, and I haven’t had any since. The closest thing from my tiny local grocery store was “sweet tomato juice” (あまいトマト)so that’s what I chose to accompany my lunch today. Now, I love tomatoes in every shape and form but tomato juice is something I’ve perhaps been subconsciously avoiding.

Periscope link

Verdict: Not bad, tastes like soup. Would drink again, though I prefer my tomatoes savory rather than sweet.

Thomas
      Participant

I tried the challenge today with mushrooms the one thing I absolutely hated as a child growing up. And the result was that they weren’t nearly as bad as I thought they would be. Still not big on the consistency but the taste was ok. That just goes to show you that time changes things and not to be afraid to try new foods or experiences.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Time’s tickin’.

superstar
      Participant

I was a pretty open-minded eater as a kid, so I had a tough time today coming up with a food or beverage I absolutely hated. So, I put it out to the community, and @mkarrett graciously delivered a bottle of “the nastiest liquor I have” to my house. Here’s my assessment of Aquavit:

Drinking Aquavit for the System

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

What I learned:

One person’s delight is another person’s poison.

Now, everybody pass your plate to the person on your left.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Since @maddyxxx isn’t here to expound some deeper meaning behind his task now that we’ve (mostly) all partaken in his task, I’ll follow @larry that what he wrote is likely exactly the “deeper meaning” behind this. Yes Noah wanted us to re-evaluate our past thoughts and feelings. But guess what, MANY of us still hate those food and drink items. I probably had one of the less extreme reactions (no puke on my end) but I still will likely never voluntarily eat octopus again. Very few, if any, came out of this with a changed perception.

BUT, since he had us all broadcast our food quests, we saw the varied responses. For just about any item, someone was in SHOCK that someone else couldn’t stand it. I freaking love cole slaw, and to hear there’s people out there who despise it sounds utterly strange to me.

So even if none of us really found a new appreciation for a food, it was a reminder that just because something is great / awful to us, it is by no means a standard across the board. Opinions are just that, opinions, and far from a universal fact.

So way to go Noah. I still don’t trust you and your System, but you managed to come up with a task with a pretty fantastic lesson.

Maddyxxx
      Participant

Sleep-sleeps time @nothenrygale… Thank you for the compliment but while it may look like we are playing checkers, it’s a bit of 3-D chess.

Update in the morning.

Let’s all wake up, shave 1997 off our face and hit the ground running.

Night night.

Robert Fuller
        Participant

So even if none of us really found a new appreciation for a food, it was a reminder that just because something is great / awful to us, it is by no means a standard across the board. Opinions are just that, opinions, and far from a universal fact.

So way to go Noah. I still don’t trust you and your System, but you managed to come up with a task with a pretty fantastic lesson.

I had the opposite lesson, in the sense that I was surprised by just how many people share my own food aversions (I also hate cole slaw, by the way). I agree with the vast majority of them, in fact. For me, the lesson is that nothing is as bad as your childhood self thought it was. I still hate Triscuits, but it’s not the worst thing in the world and I can finally imagine eating one without feeling like I want to gag.

Cottage cheese, on the other hand …

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Actually, I went back and had more cottage cheese. Not so bad, after all.
      And Planty LOVES broccoli!

But I think @nothenrygale came up short.

@winstonsmith
      and I were talking on another thread about those who see one thing as incontrovertible truth find that others think they are fucking crazy. But if one’s long-held perspectives, based on perception (such as taste) are re-examined, what was once crazy may now appear perfectly sane.

Or in the case of @maddyxxx

Crazy as a fox! But please, don’t make that update too early. Some of us sleep in.

Megan
      Participant

Very few, if any, came out of this with a changed perception.

Speak for yourself. I ate sheep organs. And after I finished that scotch had 2 more.

Viewing 107 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar