Resurrection/The Rise of Anoch….

This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Andrew K.

• Author
       Andrew K
      Participant

With everything that’s going on, I got to thinking- what exactly would happen/what will the consequences be if the OSDM succeed in the resurrection of their beloved Anoch?

I can’t recall anyone really specifying or talking about specifics of what will occur when/if Anoch DOES rise.

Will it be the truly glorious event the OSDM is selling to us? Will he save our souls, or will he condemn us all to suffering and pain?

There’s no real clear information on what will occur if they succeed- which is obviously where the fun comes in. We all (or most of us, **cough cough @julierei **) assume something terrible will happen, and the evidence definitely points to that direction, but what if it’s incredible?

Thoughts?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

That’s an interesting thought: that no one’s ever mentioned of what would happen if the ritual works.

Those who support Anoch’s revival believe that it’ll lead to the obliteration of their enemies and maybe even some sort of golden age, I’d guess.

Those who don’t could be swayed to believe that Anoch’s return could signal punishment for either those who didn’t believe or-even worse-all of humanity, whether they believed or not.

We don’t know what kind of god Anoch is nor do we know how He views humanity so unless someone gives us the truth on that, I don’t know how to imagine life with a god in our world.

I wonder why no one wants to talk about the benefits or dangers of Anoch’s return. Someone should.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@anakindrew I like this a lot because, like you said, this is sonething that has been a possibility but not really broken down into detail as far as what we think would happen. Maybe this was covered more last year when this was all fresh and new?

What’s interesting is when you look up Anoch there’s a patriarch that comes up as Enoch (ancestor of Noah… coincidence or are we headed somewhere with this Sinclair lineage?) Also this stood out to me

Enoch appears in the Book of Genesis of the Pentateuch as the seventh of the ten pre-Deluge Patriarchs. Genesis recounts that each of the pre-Flood Patriarchs lived for several centuries. Genesis 5 provides a genealogy of these ten figures (from Adam to Noah), providing the age at which each fathered the next, and the age of each figure at death. Enoch is considered by many to be the exception, who is said to “not see death”. (Hebrews 11:5) Furthermore, Genesis 5:22–29 states that Enoch lived 365 years which is extremely short in the context of his peers, who are all recorded as dying at over 700 years of age. The brief account of Enoch in Genesis 5 ends with the cryptic note that “he [was] not; for God took him”.[8]

Anoch (or Enoch) was the exception of death… is this to say that it is believed he will bestow the same courtesy to us should he be resurrected?

Andrew K
      Participant

Exactly @mumumusings ! With this ENTIRE thing being about Anoch’s successful rise or downfall, no one has discussed the consequences of both options.

If he isn’t “born,” then seemingly things continue on as they have been- humanity and the Earth remains the same. Is that in itself a condemnation? Never knowing our true potential, and never reaching it?

Or, if he does rise will he be glorious and great and show us the true paths to a higher form of being, or will be ruin what we know as humanity in an attempt to rid this world of entities he does not deem “worthy”?

Jackie
      Participant

All the dusk and servitude language makes me think some seriously unilateral benefiting will go on. The believers will be tortured…less? And entropy for the rest of us?

Glory is in the eye of the beholder.

It makes me think of Warhammer 40k lore: the Emperor, the protector of Earth and the sworn slayer of evil, the glorious enemy of Chaos and The monsters of the Warp, the goodest of the good guys, still requires the sacrifice (willingn or not) of 1000 psychics, every day to maintain his energy. And he’s the good guy of the story.

We’ve also never learned the antithesis of Anoch, who stands in his way? Us? Modern technology a little bit, as we learned in tension. Distraction?…does Anoch have a pantheon? A bride? A offspring? An enemy? An end game?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

@kasch There’s also another thing to consider: how far the Anoch supporters will go to accomplish.

If they fail now, who’s to say that they can’t try again in a year or whenever the next ODSM experiment launches?

If this doesn’t work now is it the total collapse of the Anoch faith or simply a roadblock on the path towards total revival?
      If it’s the latter, then the Anoch guys and gals have all the time in the universe-one way or another, the perfect storm will arrive and Anoch will return….

Andrew K
      Participant

@mumumusings – I think you meant to tag me, not @kasch haha, common mistake.

Regardless, I agree. If they’re not stopped now, what’s to say they can’t reform in another year?

The OSDM is clearly a large entity with extremely far reaching influence, money and resources. While anyone on the fringes/the Resistance is few and with a lack of resources, but as strong in their beliefs/ideals as the OSDM.

This makes me think of the Oroburos- the OSDM is a never ending entity, infinite in terms of reach and power. The only way to kill it is to cut off the head….

Andrew K
      Participant

…or perhaps this cycle of the OSDM rising and a resistance faction rising and trying to stop them is a seemingly never-ending cycle.

Even in our own human history- this cyclical nature of man is the same idea. The same things throughout history are bound to repeat themselves, no matter how much we try to intervene.

So the question is, are we bound to keep repeating ourselves, or will be be introspective and adaptive enough to end it once and for all?

Cristen
      Participant

Those in power will always meet with resistance from those who are not.

Chris
      Participant

I think part of this might be because we have yet to meet someone who demonstrates selfless devotion to Anoch. At the iConfidant meet, Tom Barrow said that he missed being in the position of power where he could control Anoch’s message. “Addison” was a true believer but Sabrina is back because she misses the attention. Horace, Remy, Nicole, and the rest seem to be operating with a general greed and lust for power. We haven’t met anyone who demonstrates true devotion like we saw the actors in Ascension pretending to. Hopefully someday we’ll encounter someone who can talk us through the belief system without the veneer of corporate legalese obscuring it.

Andrew K
      Participant

I agree @macbethinabathtub – everyone’s devotion to making Anoch rise stems from some other form of want/need for power, control, etc. other than a true belief in the religion.

@julierei
      – even your devotion to seeing Anoch rise stems from your devotion to particular individuals or entities rather than a full understanding of the religion or what Anoch will actually do once he/it comes to be.

Because none of us actually knows what will happen once he does.

I would love to get my hands on an actual religious text of some kind and learn more of the background of the actual religion and it’s background so as to better understand these peoples’ undying devotion to it/Anoch and their endless attempts to see him rise.

The only specific thing I remember learning is during Ascension where we learned the story of the settler who sacrificed his 5 senses to Anoch in order to bring their Harvest to fruition- there may be more than this I don’t know, so correct me if I’m wrong.

I just want to see a reason for it other than the vague explanations of “greatness will come” etc etc we’ve been fed so far.

Do the leaders of the OSDM even KNOW themselves what might happen, or is this all just guesswork for them as well?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@anakindrew @macbethinabathtub; it’s just a fake religion that those in power use to control those weak enough to buy into it. Good luck finding those “devoted” to it. I don’t think they’ve cast those people yet.

Andrew K
      Participant

@taysavestheday but if Horace is the one in (seemingly) ultimate control and he believes in it then who is above him?

I don’t think that a corporate entity of this magnitude would have ALL of their higher ups believing in this religion if it weren’t true.

Rather, this corporate entity CAME of this ancient religion- much like the theories regarding the Free Masons- so that they would operate within the normal world while pushing their agenda.

@shankfx22
      – based on what you found, the info on Enoch seems to be contradictory. It says he “did not see death,” but that he also “only lived for 365 years, which was considerably shorter than his peers” (paraphrasing.)

SO which is it? Was he a lesser God (in terms of life span) than the others, or does he not “see death” because he can be resurrected?

Andrew K
      Participant

@julierei I’d love your thoughts on this matter. You’re certainly the most outspoken of us about wanting to see Anoch rise. But why is that? Do you know specifics of what might happen or are you putting your faith blindly into it?

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

I know the love and purpose I feel from Anoch and those with the strongest connection to him to be the most pure and comforting feeling I’ve ever experienced.

Why would I not want him to return? Why I not want that love and light to be ever present in a physical form in this world and in my life?

What it means for the physical world to have Anoch return is not something I concern myself with. I don’t profess to know exactly what changes he may need to make in this world to make it more suited to receive his love and light, but I have faith in his wisdom.

Andrew K
      Participant

@julierei – how can you feel love and purpose from the deity/god of a religion or belief in which you have no information about?

Also, it would seem to me that those with the “strongest connection to him,” are the same people data mining, manipulating, and hurting us in the name of their attempts (so far failing) to bring their God to fruition.

Just trying to understand why anyone would want to follow these people when they’ve presented us no real reason to do so. So if there are more reasons, do tell.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar