Production Design – behind the scenes – Ascension

This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I’m going to **speculate** (ie. cross fingers) that Derrick Hinman will be doing the art design/production for Lust. Take a moment and admire his work on Ascension. Seriously, go look, the photos are gorgeous and you might even see something you didn’t see during your visit to The OOA Institute:

http://www.derrickhinmandesign.com/thetensionexperience

You might find the floorpan particularly interesting. How many of those rooms did you visit?

Yael
      Participant

Whoa that is amazing and so detailed work I am so sure everyone who did the room was mind blown!!! Now I am kind of excited what The Lust will bring!!! I cannot stop staring at the designs. Wow amazing

Addison
      Participant

I’ve been attempting to trace my path through Ascension all day and still get lost in the rendering… I miss the compound 🙁

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@addisonborn I might have been doing the same, on and off all day… I’ve seen it in the day light. That might offer a different perspective. We should compare notes.

Lia
      Participant

That floorplan is blowing my mind. I love stuff like this. What ARE all those rooms?!

John
      Participant

Wow – Some of the most fantastic rooms I did not get to see during my experience. Absolutely stunning.

I bought one of the Tension Experience books but never got it. Would love to see more of the set,

Sean

@mouse – My understanding is that the books are finished and going to be shipping March 10, so you should be getting it soon

John
      Participant

@thegilded Thanks Sean. That’s great!

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@mouse: Per Facebook: “Book Ships the week of March 10!” I can’t wait to see all the hidden treasures inside!

@lilmsfancpants
      & @sassyyael: I miss that weird, fantastic place. I picture it now a lot like the last time I saw it (for a “media” sort of event), barren and torn apart. It felt like a place that contained all the ghosts of the past. So many memories.

“What ARE all those rooms?” … Haha yeah, with any luck The Book will label all the spaces for us. Here’s an off the top of my head list of all the spaces I can recall seeing:

Mary Lynn’s office
      Miles’ photo room
      Bathroom
      Seniors’ Lounge
      Locker Room
      Processing Room

Small Interview Room

Blackboard Room w/ Classroom

Clock Room

Red Room

Flower Room (Book of Anoch reading)
      Senses room (eyes. taste, smell)
      Hand Wax Space (touch)
      Deprivation Circle of chairs (in larger empty space)

Doctor’s Office

Tool Room w/ Oracle Space

Overseer’s Office
      TV/confinement booth room

Backyard/Sentinel Escape space/Ascension wall/van pickup

Tubs

Massage Room
      Last Statement Room

Control/Security Camera Room
      Large Work Room (backstage)
      Smaller “dressing room” (backstage)

Lots of hallways and a couple larger empty spaces

Lia
      Participant

@electrichippo I suppose that list about covers everything I remember too. I’m still flabbergasted that we were ever brought into the control room. Actually, most of Ascension 2 blew my mind. Every rule I thought existed they chose to break. ::continues skipping down memory lane at my desk::

Candace
      Participant

@electrichippo ahh that list makes me so happy ? but also so sad that I didn’t go back a second time. I was too afraid of my anxiety…ugh…fuck you anxiety! ! *shakes fists*

Amber Ballesteros
      Participant

@electrichippo Great recap of the rooms. Now that I think on it, I did get to see every one of them except the tool room between visit one & two. The control room and was definitely really cool! Though I spent a good part of visit 2 with Simon in my underwear in the processing room… (ah, Simon)

GoldTongue
      Participant

I, too, made it to every room but the tool room. Oh, and I never met the Sentinel, so I didn’t get in a van. One question I’ve always had regarding Tension… Did anyone ever “Press Play” in the classroom? And if so, what happened???

Anonymous
      Inactive

From the photo of the monitors on this page, these are the names according to the cameras:

Left Monitor:
      Processing
      Hallway Exit 1
      Intersection 2
      Enter holding
      Holding Room
      Chaos Room 1 (the room with the clocks)
      Big Lot
      Small Lot

Right Monitor:
      Main Entrance
      Reception
      Photo Room
      Lobby Room
      Changing Room
      Hallway Enter
      One on One
      Hallway Exit 2
      Intersection 1
      Intersection 2
      Red Room
      Classroom 1
      Classroom 2
      Chaos Room 2
      Intersection 2
      Flower Room
      Taste Room
      Sound & Touch
      Medical Room
      3rd Act Hall
      Tool Room
      Water (?) Room (it’s the only one that I can’t quite make out)
      Computer Room
      Electronic Box
      3rd Act Hall 2
      Interview Hall
      Massage Room
      Interview Room
      Interview Room
      Auditorium 2
      Auditorium 1
      Restroom

Anonymous
      Inactive

@electrichippo Thank you so much for posting the link to those photos!!!! This is getting me even more pumped for Lust Experience. Still so new to all of this. Definitely sad I missed the first.

@lilmsfancpants
      thanks for telling me about this!

Lia
      Participant

@clairebuch I’m thrilled you’re here! Tension/Ascension definitely set the bar astronomically high in terms of production. I will tell you some really crazy things about stuff that’s gone on in those rooms!
      Maybe you and Andy can come to the next trivia night in a couple weeks with @macbethinabathtub and I! (It’s over in your neck of the woods!)

Thank you so much for this!!!

So sad I never got to see the message room.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@clairebuch & @maryellison911: You’re welcome!

Also, welcome aboard to you, Claire!! So nice to see enthusiastic newbies on the forum. Seems you already have some friends here, but if you ever have questions on the history of things, we’re all happy to help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@electrichippo Thank you! I guess the best part of this is really not knowing what to expect! Still haven’t received any contact back from Noah, so I am curious about that. Been trying to read as many as the forums as possible. Any first timer tips you think might be helpful? I’m open to anything! @lilmsfancpants you KNOW I’m always down!!!

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar