Probably Nothing

This topic has 30 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Cody.

• Author
       Gabrielle Jewell
      Participant

Hey everyone – don’t know if this is worth starting a new topic for or not….(@mkarrett, @thegilded, help me out!)

Anyway, at 11:41am on Feb. 20th, I got a call from an unknown number. I didn’t answer it, and it didn’t ring for long – I don’t know about you guys but I get spam calls like no other lately – so I don’t really think it was part of the experience. Also, while I did give Noah my number in an email, I didn’t email him until yesterday.

Point is – just a friendly reminder to answer all calls from unknown numbers, and even your friends. ? (Cause I know immediately afterward I freaked out thinking it may have been something….)

Feels good to be nervous about posting to the forums again. Until next time – I’ll still be frantically checking my email and spam folder, hoping I at least made it onto their radar.

Sean

Appreciate the shout-out, but Melissa and I are just normal users in Lust so far but as a fellow participant, sounds like your topic is good.

Definitely a good point about the call thing. So far I don’t believe anyone is on record as having received a Lust call yet, but Tension increased participation a good deal by placing calls from blocked numbers.

If they’re going to proceed that same way, it may be a good idea to answer blocked calls for the duration of Lust. It may be worth it

Gabrielle Jewell
      Participant

@thegilded Normal users I appreciate the advice of!

Thanks!

thehazelverse
      Participant

I wonder if anyone else has noticed an influx in regards to spam calls?

Jason Pedroza
      Participant

I’ve definitely noticed an uptick in numbers I don’t recognize, I got three already today. I usually am by a computer and punch in the number while it’s ringing to see if I should answer. So far, they’ve all been reported as being spam. So mostly likely it’s just a coincidence.

Mike
      Participant

@gabzilla – I also got a couple of “unknown” calls, but last Friday. I got 2 that day and just like yours, they only rang a couple times and it seems as I picked up, they hung up at the same time. It’s interesting that you brought that up as well.

Melissa
      Participant

Thanks for thinking of Sean and I @gabzilla! For what it’s worth I personally haven’t noticed a rise in unknown calls/legit spam calls to my number.

Shaun
      Participant

I have actually gotten a few “Suspected spam caller” warnings on my phone recently… Noah and the OSDM has sold us out! 🙂

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Sure are a lot of [first name][second name] accounts being created today for some company that appears to be called “Calgary Painting Company”. Are we about to get slammed with some actual legit spam, or does Noah run an interior painting company out of Canada on the side?

Jeremy
      Participant

Their twitter is Steven Sinclair…… This might just be one hell of a coincidence though since it says the account was created in 2015.

Sean

Looks like Imagine Painting is a real company, with reviews and everything. A whois check says that the site’s existed for a couple years, before both Lust and Tension. It’s a hell of a coincidence but I think it’s a coincidence

monkeymuffin333
      Participant

Hey everyone, I just got a call from Steven Sinclair of Imagination Painting/Calgary Painting Company. To preface, I poked around the website and left my number as well as applied for a quote. His accent was definitely Canadian as was the number he called from. He was very friendly and had just exited a late business meeting. I told him that I had been directed to his website and was interested in their services. I asked what the scope of their business was, residential or primarily business to business or what. He replied with site text sort of pat “residential, commercial, internal or external.” I asked if he knew a Noah Sinclair or Sarah. He has an older sister Sarah and he does not know a Noah, though people keep asking him about him. Finally, they don’t have any representatives in California, which was why he called me back, but sometimes they get calls from people moving to Calgary who want work done.

Feeling awkward about the turn of conversation, I apologized and completely blanked on mentioning the spam on the forum and concluded the call.

Gary Price
      Participant

Ive been getting a ton of spam calls today and yesterday. Ive gotten like 4 already today. Is anyone else getting anything like this or am i just getting legit spammed??

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I’ve been getting a ton of spam calls for a couple of weeks now.

Gotten worse over the last two days, but I think that’s because the local elections today.

Chelsea Morgan
      Participant

I received a call yesterday from a number I didn’t recognize. When I answered, there was a woman’s voice said “Hello. This is Sarah…” I was very excited for a split second until she told me about a great promotion for signing up for credit cards. Rude.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I received a notice that someone viewed my linkedin profile in “private mode”. First time that’s ever happened.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

@ziegenbart
      I noticed the same thing. Also, there was a day where someone decided to spend a lot of time on the website for my podcast. Visited a lot of pages. I like to think we just have a new fan, but who knows…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well, linkedin is often used as a recruiting tool . . .

Kevin Flint
      Participant

This is one helluva cage they’ve set up. They can sit there motionless for weeks and still collect credit for every blip, edit and glitch that comes across the lives of its cage mates. Now if they could just monetize it somehow…

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

They already have, Kevin. You just don’t know it.

@Scot — they are always watching. Always.

Megan
      Participant

I have had 3 private LinkedIn profile views recently, but I have no idea if that’s common or not because I usually ignore LinkedIn (it’s not terribly useful in my field). When you mentioned that though I thought I’d check.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is anyone aware of/attending the tension experience panel tomorrow that was tweeted about today from the @the_tension_exp twitter acount? I’m not sure what it is in reference to, but I’m very interested to see what Clint and Sabrina have to say about the future of THE OOA.

Shaun
      Participant

@ziegenbart I’d love to see it too but I’m not in Austin! Here are some details: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2017/events/PP96477

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the link @shaun. It would be very interesting I’m sure.

Candace
      Participant

I hope it’s being recorded so we can watch it later!

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

The panel will be recorded, to be released as an audio podcast in the not-too-distant future. 🙂

Candace
      Participant

Awesome! Please let us know where we can find that when the time comes ?

Maranda
      Participant

@bcbishop Great news! Thanks for letting us know!

Addison
      Participant

@bcbishop you’re my hero

Cody
      Participant

Damn this is old news bit shit @monkeymuffin333 that Imagine Painting thing sounds like a trip!
      “Hey everyone, I just got a call from Steven Sinclair of Imagination Painting/Calgary Painting Company.”

” I asked if he knew a Noah Sinclair or Sarah. He has an older sister Sarah and he does not know a Noah, though people keep asking him about him.”

5 hours drive from where I live.

Viewing 29 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar