10/10/17 – Phone calls from Briarberg

This topic has 52 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by Lauren Bello.

• Author
       Melissa
      Participant

Lisa called from the Briarberg Foundation. She asked me how I was feeling in regards to the recent activities? I let her know that I was not okay with Mason going about killing people. She need asked me if I feel extra clarity after these past few weeks–I don’t feel extra clear. She wanted me to scale my emotional index–higher or lower in the last few weeks. She asked if I was sleeping well or not and I let her know I’m sleeping worse but due to personal issue (fractured toes, ow). She asked if I approve of Sabrina giving Mason direct information and I let her know that I’m not okay with Sabrina providing information in regards to the whereabouts of the 91 because that is in turn causing their deaths. Before wishing me well Lisa said something right after the Sabrina/Mason question “we hope you appreciate their sacrifice” and that the ODSM still appreciates my sacrifices/I’m not just commodity.

Thoughts pls k thx

Lauren Bello

1) Same Lisa who Bryan called? Or are there just multiple Lisas?

2) It doesn’t matter that our index is wiped from OSDM servers…Briarberg is still tracking it, still collecting the data.

3) She’s implying that Sabrina gave Mason the information of the 91. Do we believe her?

4) Is this the sacrifice that we pledged our desire for?

5) Were the questions about your wellbeing related to the sacrifices? Suggesting that you should be sleeping better or worse, or feeling better or worse, because of the sacrifices? Was this a closer check-in on your index?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Well.

1. Lisa was the name of the ex-OSDM employee that Sabrina and I called, who had received $1 million. Same name. Same person? If so, this raises many questions. Mainly, was that call a con? Or has Lisa been flipped to Briarberg.

2. “She asked if I approve of Sabrina giving Mason direct information.” Come again?

Megan
      Participant

So when he called me and mentioned the blonde competition – she had just turned right around and given him the names.

Chelsea
      Participant

Whoa. Ok, so Sabrina gave the names and addresses to Mason? And she said the OSDM appreciates your sacrifice? What the fuck is going on?

Kortney
      Participant

Maybe the sacrifice you’re giving is your emotional state/sleep whatever that means to them?

Lauren Bello

Oh! One more thing. Melissa, I thought I heard Lisa say she was from “the Briarberg INSTITUTE,” not Foundation? Was that my imagination?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

So is she referencing our sacrificing of The One?

Melissa
      Participant

You may be right @daela although concentrating on OOG stuff versus phone call….maybe @kingkill33 can refer to recording before I went into the next room.

Melissa
      Participant

I definitely got the vibe of “oh isn’t this all great–how are YOU feeling about this?”

Kevin
      Participant

There are a lot of strange OSDM connections there. The reference to an emotional index, which we’ve only ever seen the Email Bros talk about, or heavily speculated with the EI reference. The idea that Sabrina may have given Mason information, which what?! Along with the line about appreciated sacrifice, so far OSDM has been the only one to reference a sacrifice. Not that another cult couldn’t deal with that either, but…

On a first read, it seemed like the people Mason has been killing are the sacrifice.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Kevin.
       Megan
      Participant

Is it possible that Sabrina tricked Bryan? That she’s been working against OSDM this whole time?

Kyle Bown
      Participant

It sounds more and more like it’s all the same thing. OSDM/ODSM, Briarberg, BOS. Just one big connected org.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Kyle Bown.
       Kortney
      Participant

Also want to reference @shankfx22 ‘s interaction with Sabrina, where she expressed she doesn’t have free will with what she does.

Now I’m wondering if this was the OSDM or if someone else has control over her.
      If it’s the OSDM then this is part of their plan.
      If it’s Briarberg, then they’re powerful enough to scare Sabrina into doing this. Which yeah, they killed Joyce and people, but they never came off as super powerful to me? But maybe I’m just ignorant.
      If it’s someone else…

Lauren Bello

I just received a very similar call, but mine was from Jaime.

Note: She specifically used the term “ODSM” throughout.

She pleasantly introduced herself as Jaime from the Briarberg Foundation and acknowledged that it had been a while since we last chatted.

“I wanted to pick your brain about Mason. How did his actions make you feel?”

“I think it’s fucked up. I’m not happy with him.”

“Do you feel that your relationship with Morgan Rooms clouds your judgment?”

I hesitated: I thought it would be futile to deny that my best friend leading a resistance swayed me more than a stranger.

“Probably,” I said.

“How about your involvement in forum moderation in the Lust Experience?”

“I don’t exist in a vacuum…everything affects how I’m going to react.”

(In retrospect, this wasn’t the most specific or accurate answer. The truth is that my friendship with Morgan and my modship both totally fuck with my head as they relate to Lust, but I wouldn’t say that’s the same as “clouding my judgment”.)

She asked if I was sleeping better or worse than usual, if I’ve had any changes in my thought patterns or behavior, if I found myself identifying any more or less with the attitudes and beliefs of those around me, and if I found myself more connected to my immediate environment.

Then she asked, “Do you feel gratitude for your liberation toward Sabrina Kern for supplying Mason with the information, or do you feel the credit lies with Mason himself for doing that which must be done?”

It was the most enraging false dichotomy.

I said, “I do not consider the weight of the blood of innocents to be liberation for me.”

She seemed a bit thrown that I hadn’t chosen one or the other, but moved on. “OK, I’m asking you these questions to find out how well their sacrifices are connecting to your core energy. My acknowledgment of this is what separates us from the ODSM. As we proved at our meeting, they will hide their power and their wisdom behind closed doors with mistruths and misinformation campaigns. WE never will. Not to those in the know. We will thank you for everything you are doing for us and will explain it all to the best of our ability. So, thank you.”

At this point I was sort of enraged but I just said, “You WILL explain it, huh?”

“Yes. Oh, and before I go, are you at all afraid of the fact that the ODSM no longer sees you as commodity or product to exploit?”

“Why would I be afraid?”

She laughed. “Well. WE still find you useful. Even your own personal sacrifices will help our universe find the true path. Be well and stay safe.”

…burn it down.

Chelsea
        Participant

“Well. WE still find you useful.”

@daela
        , She said this to both you and Larry, but I’m finding it odd. How would you be useful to Briarberg? You’re vocally BOS, and send (epic) challenging fuck you messages in response to their emails. This could end up being a much bigger questions, but, what do they find useful?

Lauren Bello

@chelsea I’m assuming, based on her questions, that she was trying to collect data on me. So my use to Briarberg would be similar to my use to OSDM – my emotional index.

Megan
      Participant

Shoes. Dropping. Everywhere.

Megan
      Participant

I’m wondering if the interest in sleep shown here reflects the same interest in sleep that we’ve seen elsewhere. And if it does – what does it mean?

Chelsea
        Participant

@coryphella, I’m kind of wondering that too. In the email Jaime sent me asking me to the Briarberg meeting, she included a copy of my Ascension Processing Form, which asks “Do you remember your dreams and if so, have you ever felt ‘in control’ of your dreams?” It looks like the sleep and dream interest goes back quite awhile.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Jaime from Briarberg called whilst I was drinking with @chelsea.

How did I feel about the recent activities?

“I was really rather disturbed by Mr. Silver’s actions.”

Did I have more clarity following these recent events?

“Yes, I do have more clarity actually. These events, in combination with the meeting you hosted, has provided me with far greater clarity about what I’ve been involved with”.

Any trouble sleeping? Better or worse?

“Better, just slightly. About 10%”

Did I have changes in my thought patterns or behavior?

“Yes.” I didn’t elaborate but Mason’s actions pushed me out of stasis.

Did I find myself more connected to my immediate environment?

“Yes, definitely.”

Do you notice being particularly sensitive to any sights, smells, or words?

“Words, actually. Yes, words.” Certain words are, lately, triggering my complexes more than they had been.

Then she threw a couple of curveballs at me.

Have you had any memory lapses?

“No” [But would I have remembered if I had, I mean, other than me not remembering half of this conversation?]

Do you recall having conversations where you recall what the other person said but not what you said?

“No, no I don’t recall any such instance.”

Did you notice a change in your emotional vibration as a result of Mr. Silver’s activities?

“Yes, I would say I am vibrating at a higher emotional frequency.”

Do you feel gratitude for your liberation toward Sabrina Kern for supplying Mason with the information, or do you feel the credit lies with Mason himself for doing that which must be done? [I may be conflating this with another question having to do with being appreciative for the sacrifice made for my liberation]

“Yes, actually, I do feel liberated.”

Do I feel gratitude? I do, AND I feel liberated. Knowing now that Sabrina appears to have done the unforgivable, and assuming the unforgivable happened, any feelings I had towards Sabrina as just another soul wandering through life trying to find her path has been crushed. No longer being connected to her in that regard (see below), has indeed freed me from a major piece of connective tissue to the cult in which I am/was involved.

“OK, I’m asking you these questions to find out how well their sacrifices are connecting to your core energy. My acknowledgment of this is what separates us from the ODSM. As we proved at our meeting, they will hide their power and their wisdom behind closed doors with mistruths and misinformation campaigns. WE never will. Not to those in the know. We will thank you for everything you are doing for us and will explain it all to the best of our ability. So, thank you.”

“Well, thank you. That’s good to know.”

“Yes. Oh, and before I go, are you at all afraid of the fact that the ODSM no longer sees you as commodity or product to exploit?”

“Pfft. Hardly.” This just served to further prove Briarberg’s point — that I didn’t even realize the extent to which I cared if I was tied to OSDM activities regarding The Experiences.

She laughed. “Well. WE still find you useful. Even your own personal sacrifices will help our universe find the true path. Be well and stay safe.”

[Editing with theories, refresh for update]
      ———————————————
      Kicking around ideas with @chelsea tonight, following this call:

1) I think Michelle may be the silent CEO/Founder of Briarberg. She wanted to do things her way. She was on the phone with a “Jack” at the end of TENSION in the car with @julierei. She invaded the book party w/Horace & The Goon Squad and DLB told her “not to do this”. Do what? Michelle was pissed that — as we were told at Briarberg — this hired hack director and nobody screenwriter were hired to create the lies sandwiching the truth and were turning it into their own thing. Fed up with OSDM’s antiquated methods and the hired help co-opting their operation, she complains to @thebuz. Then, poof. Gone…until she shows up WITH “JACK”. I think she pulled together Briarberg on her own, possibly with OSDM Freezoners or Outsiders. The goal: Put OSDM out of business and do a land grab for the true assets: us.

2) Sabrina wants revenge, and wants out and the only real way out…is to make us hate her. Sabrina wasn’t ever really free after she left. She told us not to follow her and yet her ghost would forever haunt us, esp. certain of us like @russell. She was the reason we fucked up OSDM’s data gathering. Nobody expected us to care about her. If we don’t care about her, if we HATE her, then that contaminant is removed. As I told myself last year, while enamored with a woman I shouldn’t have been enamored with, “I need to find a reason to hate her”. Later that same night, I did. And the spell was broken. I could see everything objectively, and it saved me from a world of hurt. Same thing.

Sabrina and Michelle form an alliance. Sabrina wants revenge on OSDM, and for us to forget her. She infiltrates OSDM who are thrilled to have her back. She then COLLECTS ALL NEW DATA ON MOST OF US VIA iCONFIDANT, which gives Michelle/Briarberg what they need to start anew since they intend to burn down OSDM.

3) BoS is yet another fiction, and a tool of Briarberg.

Briarberg knows that The One won’t trust a new organization. But we will trust a familiar face: @111error. Since OSDM is almost-universally hated, The One mostly aligns with Morgan and BoS…so that when OSDM blows up courtesy of Stacey/MyChild — a Briarberg double agent — The One has nothing to attach to anymore and Briarberg does its land grab. With Morgan now lacking in purpose, he returns to The One having accomplished his goal.

4) Mason is not a psychopath, Joyce is not dead, and @bcbishop is intended to kill Mason.

Knowing that Jack/Mason wants to get Joyce and kid out of OSDM, Michelle helps manufacture him as a nutcase. He fakes Joyce’s death to keep her safe from rampaging Sabrina. He plays patty-cake with @coryphella and @chelsea, two of the most difficult-to-emotionally-affect (self described) in the group. He proves to The One that Briarberg is able to affect us even better than OSDM, so why not give them a try? Not only that, he shook some of us awake (me and @bcbishop). With Bryan now ready to kill Mason, he will get that opportunity, will apparently kill Mason, who will disappear into the sunset with Joyce and kid.

5) Lingering questions

“To those in the know” — This suggests that Briarberg wants to form some kind of inner circle? Why were the 7 chosen for the meeting specifically chosen? Is this who they refer to, and why?

“Stay safe” — why? Are there still threats out there?

“WE still find you useful” — Briarberg values us, presumably for our data. The bit about our “personal sacrifices will help our universe find our true path”. “our universe” meaning what Experience they run? Personal sacrifices may refer to emotional sacrifices, such as giving up on Sabrina.

It might be worth revisiting previous communications with Kristen pre-TMC to see if there are clues there. Also noteworthy: Morgan’s periscope from that meet is gone. In this post, Kristen tells him that iConfidant is “a virus” and we are “letting them inside”. “Anonymous” appears on this thread. Could this be “a”?

Chelsea
        Participant

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about them telling us to stay safe.

Brad Ruwe
        Participant

@chelsea Agreed. Weren’t we all told something similar at the end of Registration?

Chelsea
      Participant

“I pledge my desire for their sacrifice and freedom.” I think this is the first time we’ve heard that echoed back in one way or another. Is this where we are thanked for our sacrifice? If so, why is Briarberg parroting the OSDM?

Kevin
        Participant

@chelsea We heard that specific phrase at the iConfidant meet and greet too. So @russell, you’re not actually off topic. Sacrifice was also mentioned in the Encroaching Dark email.

Addison
        Participant

@chelsea this almost reinforces the reading of that to

“I pledge my desire for [their sacrifice] and [freedom]” – we’ve been given freedom as we’ve made choices with direct consequences.. which have ended in Their Sacrifice.

Chelsea
        Participant

@addisonborn Oh snap. That certainly has a new meaning now, doesn’t it.

Lia
        Participant

I just can’t shake the sentence on the registration paper right now. WE PLEDGE OUR DESIRE FOR THEIR SACRIFICE AND FREEDOM. At the time, almost all of us signed our names without even really understanding what this sentence meant. As others have mentioned, we’ve heard this bits of this phrase a couple other times, and now we have this morsel from yesterday’s calls.

“we hope you appreciate their sacrifice”

Did we essentially sign our names on 91 death certificates at registration back in May? Is this the “freedom” that was promised to “them”? Is that even possible that the investors knew that we would be in this exact situation 5 months later?

To piggy back on @larry’s theory that the only way to escape the OD/SM is to either die, or maybe “die,” perhaps we didn’t allow anyone to be killed. Maybe all the deaths are fake like at The End. I really want to believe this, mostly because I think ACTUALLY killing so many people would be a huge mess and put these organizations at risk of being noticed by the authorities. Is Mason Silver the most successful assassin of all time and also surrounded by the cops from Dexter? (I MEAN COME ON!) There’s no way he’s going to get away with this.

The more we learn the faster we return to square one. I still feel like we know nothing.

Violet
        Participant

Is Mason Silver the most successful assassin of all time and also surrounded by the cops from Dexter?

@lilmsfancpants
        I laughed real hard at that 🙂 And @blondie & I were tossing around the idea that these “deaths” are being faked as well.

But if that’s the case, OS/DM would be at least aware of the possibility, since we’ve brought it up. Which leads me to believe that they are indeed in cahoots with Briarberg to get that sweet, next level data from us. Like @addisonborn said.

Violet
      Participant

Well fuck. This is…this is a lot being brought to light. The use of the term “sacrifice” is really interesting. I have more thoughts but I am tired & cannot word so it will have to wait till tomorrow. But holy shit.

Russell
      Participant

@larry If some of your theory is accurate about Sabrina and her return, if her goal with iConfidant was to simply gather as much data on as many folks as possible… how does that explain her barely making an attempt to connect with me? You make me wonder if she was deliberate in not connecting with me.
      She and I have only spoken a couple of times since then and each time seemed to be an expression of sincere concern or asking me to help her gain insight into Joyce’s actions before she disappeared/was killed.
      You make me wonder… do you think her actions through iConfidant were an attempt to protect me in some way?

(I realize this might be slightly off topic here, but we are once again having participants being asked to gage their emotional reactions to something… which was also part of the iConfidant method of operation.)

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@russell, you know her way better than I do. But if she wants to escape for good, she has to break the connection. She apologized to you about something at the iConfidant meet, right? What did she say?

Russell
      Participant

@larry, she apologized for being a disappointment to me since she had been unable to make an emotional connection with me. But… since no emotional connection was made I did not feel she had disappointed me. I had actually reached out to iConfidant to say the process was not really engaging me.
      Looking back, I wonder if the reason she did’t send many messages to me or really try to connect was deliberate – to not get me as involved as she was proactively doing with others.

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

@russell I am very intrigued by this. Of all people to connect with, you would be the one, and therefore have to be careful about re-igniting any feelings towards her — esp. about saving her. She would have known it was you on the other end of an iConfidant chat and again, of all people, you’d think a greater attempt would have been made to connect if connecting was the goal.

For that matter, has anybody ever asked what the hell iConfidant was all about? What purpose did it serve? Sure, in theory it was to collect emotional data. Yet it was a pretty clumsy way to go about it. One person doing all that work? Mirroring people? Why not just tell everyone it was Sabrina up front? That would have gotten people to reveal way more up front, unless the intent was to see what they could get out of people via a blank slate. The old storytelling maxim is suspense over surprise. The value of extending out the mystery of who iConfidants were is far more valuable than the collective GASP of the reveal.

I’d love to know whose idea iConfidant was….

But @russell, now I’m thinking — she was acting weird towards all of us at the book party. And didn’t you have a weird interaction then, also? Maybe she was trying not to get cozy with any of us for this reason.

So, yes — I think you are on to something here.

Russell
        Participant

Yes, @larry, several people did have odd interactions with her at that gathering. To me, it seemed like some of the people there were making her very nervous… but I cannot tell you who specifically. She just seemed generally “on edge” a bit.

Kevin
      Participant

She asked if I was sleeping better or worse than usual, if I’ve had any changes in my thought patterns or behavior, if I found myself identifying any more or less with the attitudes and beliefs of those around me, and if I found myself more connected to my immediate environment.

This is the same vein as some questions Briarberg has asked before, similar to the one about identifying with the paintings. So at least some consistency there, but fuck if it doesn’t get more confusing.

Then she asked, “Do you feel gratitude for your liberation toward Sabrina Kern for supplying Mason with the information, or do you feel the credit lies with Mason himself for doing that which must be done?”

We went from Briarberg is trying to save people from the OSDM/ODSM to they gave them a list of names of people to murder and they’re going along with it real quick.

She seemed a bit thrown that I hadn’t chosen one or the other, but moved on. “OK, I’m asking you these questions to find out how well their sacrifices are connecting to your core energy. My acknowledgment of this is what separates us from the ODSM. As we proved at our meeting, they will hide their power and their wisdom behind closed doors with mistruths and misinformation campaigns. WE never will. Not to those in the know. We will thank you for everything you are doing for us and will explain it all to the best of our ability. So, thank you.”

There’s a lot to unpack here. Mason had claimed that Briarberg was interested in some scientific stuff, but how a sacrifice affects someone’s core energy sounds like some pseudoscientific bullshit. It could just be that they’re talking about emotions, but sounds like a deeper implication. And then they admit that they’re dealing with the same info that OSDM deals with, but using it in a better way (shades of Michelle from The End here and could explain her current association with them). As @daela points out, in the same breath Jaime says she won’t hide anything, she says she won’t explain yet. Super transparent.

I never really would have guessed that Briarberg would have acknowledged that OSDM had power and wisdom. I know I mentioned that the questions were consistent, but this moves them totally away from the ethics or deprogramming positions they had previously offered.

“Why would I be afraid?”

I don’t really understand why just because their information was destroyed that OSDM would give up on a project they had devoted huge amounts of time and resources to. It would take some work, but rebuilding that would be doable.

Briarberg obviously hasn’t moved on though and think that our “sacrifices” will benefit them. Presumably this is what Mason meant when he said they were saving the world the other night.

A while ago, I threw out the idea that OSDM and Briarberg were rival companies. With tonight’s information that tracks a bit more and it looks like they’re both vying for our data, emotions, and sacrifices. There’s a difference of opinion about how and why to use those things, but they’re both very interested in it. OSDM is probably serving Anoch, so who or what is Briarberg trying to bring about? This doesn’t really explain Sabrina’s role in passing the information to Mason unless she started working with Briarberg recently or Briarberg is really another arm of OSDM.

Cristen
        Participant

@kevin

A while ago, I threw out the idea that OSDM and Briarberg were rival companies.

I was thinking about this last night and it really does seem to track now, more than ever. There’s also this memory of those Shadow accounts with slightly different names that appeared here way back when. It almost makes me see Briarberg as a Shadow version of OSDM, and the idea of a “darker” version of an already sinister organization is genuinely terrifying to me.

Megan
        Participant

and the idea of a “darker” version of an already sinister organization is genuinely terrifying to me.

and, probably unfortunately, appealing to me. :/

KINGKILL33
      Participant

@daela after hearing the recording again, from our D&D session not from recording phone calls, Lisa did say to @mkarrett that she was indeed from The Briarberg Institute.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by KINGKILL33.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

This is picking up something that @chelsea touched upon above, but: have we ever definitively learned that the language about pledging oneself to their sacrifice and freedom was OSDM?

I know I always assumed it was, particularly when Jacob was so, um, forceful about it at the iConfidant meeting. But tonight’s calls definitely seem to frame that idea as a Briarberg conceit.

Could Jacob have actually been Briarberg all along? And how would that reframe some of our basic assumptions along the way?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@bcbishop — Wasn’t Tom Barrow at that meeting? Horace? Anyone else who might find that statement odd and out of place?

And that brings up our pal Noah. He’s gone entirely off grid. Gotta wonder about his involvement.

Megan
      Participant

Not to keep returning to the sleep thing, but I just looked back at this phone call to @theladyj from Tina on May 23 in which Tina talked about the May warehouse event, how they were depriving her of REM sleep, and sleep paralysis (which had struck a chord with me). That was the first event where that phrase was mentioned, where Noah told us we had no idea what we’d gotten ourselves into.

Also in that call was a description of a ritual which made me think back to Mason’s Facebook image of the Flower of Life, which @shankfx22 had looked up and posted about here. Reading more on this I found something else interesting that might be related to Briarberg and its interests/mission – the Akashic Records, supposedly contained within the Flower of Life, and is the “frequency grid program that creates our reality.” A lot of what is said at that link seems…relevant.

All of which is to say that the connections between Briarberg and Jacob, the iConfidant meeting, possibly the investors and the Sinclairs all seem apparent to me. And when Mason said he was investigating “ethics in immersive theatre,” he was telling the truth, in a way. What he found unethical was that OSDM was hiding the truth/power/etc behind what what they were doing.

Candace Van Hulle
      Participant

All of which is to say that the connections between Briarberg and Jacob, the iConfidant meeting, possibly the investors and the Sinclairs all seem apparent to me.

I’m wondering if the Investors brought in Briarberg as competition to see which organization would bring them the results they wanted. Didn’t the Investors take over because they weren’t pleased with the results from Tension?

Violet
      Participant

Ooooh, I like your thoughts @coryphella!!

“I pledge my desire for their sacrifice and freedom.” I keep coming back to this…Joyce in her final (?) post, the iConfidant meeting, and now Briarberg. Has Briarberg been infiltrating OSDM for all this time?

Addison
      Participant

This is entirely a “huh wow you don’t say” post, but what if this is all fake?

How many times has Sean Bean died? But somehow he’s still alive in real life.

Well.. what if OSDM is also faking this “death”?

Let’s say BOS is a real, true resistance. BOS thinks they unleashed MyChild. Maybe they did. But OSDM knew it was coming, because Mason knew about it. So maybe they stopped it. They certainly had enough of a handle on the situation to allow us to make the call on what to do with the “remaining 91.”

– BOS says “Hey MC, corrupt the data concerning The One.”

– OSDM says in a spooky robot voice “I am MyChild, it is done.” They use the voice synthesis software they’ve been touting to leave a voicemail mailbox message sounding like Stacey.

– And then OSDM says (in the regular OSDM voice obvi) “ack ack i’m coughing up blood everyone’s being killed and it’s all your fault.”

Meanwhile, Briarberg is doing their song and dance to get us to sympathize with them, align with them, be afraid of them, but ultimately, they’re making noise and growing beards and taking shots in #CAPS to distract us. Almost like @a does when we’re getting too close to a conclusion on Slack.

And all this time, OSDM is continuing to gather data. And I’d expect this data to be pretty rich. All of us have experienced a lot of different emotions.. but how many have experienced the conflict of being held and holding yourself responsible for the murder of innocents, while also rejoicing in the “death” of their enemy as a result of the innocents’ deaths? That is brand. new. shit. Data that they haven’t been able to get ahold of before.

And now with these calls, especially looking at Larry’s description of his call, they’re only one “on a scale from 1-10, rate xyz” away from straight up telling us “this is going in an index.”

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@candaceisstuck:

I’m wondering if the Investors brought in Briarberg as competition to see which organization would bring them the results they wanted. Didn’t the Investors take over because they weren’t pleased with the results from Tension?

WAAAAAAAAIT a second. Hold the phone. There is something really interesting here.

Have we ever considered the idea that OSDM has created one fictional narrative to harvest our data — and that Briarberg has created ANOTHER, different fictional narrative to harvest our data as competition?

Essentially, the two companies running their own operations in real-time as a way to pitch the investors, showing the fruits of their labor by the way we all react? So we’re actually within two fictions simultaneously. Which could explain some of the more interesting leaps and schisms we’ve seen: One chapter is OSDM. Another chapter is Briarberg. And so on.

This is a huge “What if?”, I realize, but seriously… what if?

Addison
        Participant

@bcbishop @candaceisstuck

So we’re kinda looking at a Stephen King / Peter Straub writing The Talisman situation? OSDM takes care of one chunk, Briarberg builds on it, and vice versa? I know there are a million other examples, but The Talisman centers on a kid named Jack, so I figured that fit.

But if this even has a grain of truth, and we’re in the middle of these two forces dueling storylines (what up today’s painting) things are definitely going to get WAY more fucky as this builds.

But in all this, where is BOS?

Lauren Bello

So we’re actually within two fictions simultaneously. Which could explain some of the more interesting leaps and schisms we’ve seen: One chapter is OSDM. Another chapter is Briarberg. And so on.

This is an interesting idea, and explains a few things.
        – Explains Joyce telling everyone not to listen to Mason and that he’s a former player – they were competing over their audience
        – Explains the pencil pushers’ frustration over outside “interference” messing with data. (They were worried about interference as early as June 14; at first we thought they were talking about TMC, but that didn’t start until June 17. Maybe they were talking about Briarberg.)
        – Not sure if Gordon could be behind Briarberg or not, but remember when Remy got extremely suspicious of Gordon making “carbon copies” and warned him that he’d better not be “starting his own thing”?
        – This might also explain Gordon upset about the “hacking” and how it was “going too far”. He had said, “I know you don’t think it means anything but it’s embarrassing at this point.” Was this a reference to Briarberg hacking OSDM?
        – Explains the pencil pushers saying, “As far as them? I don’t know what they are thinking, it’s almost like they are mimicking us now, are they mocking us, I’m just surprised it seems to be working.”
        – Explains pencil pushers saying, “I just saw that they sometimes aren’t even sure who is putting things in motion.”

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@addisonborn @bcbishop

Certainly reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

“Death cancels everything but the truth”.

Lauren Bello

I’m looking back at what Joyce said when asked what the Pledge meant.

One paragraph stands out: “While sacrifice may sound unpleasant, please remember that all great feats require sacrifice. We believe that everyone would agree that a goal that is obtained without effort is not enjoyed to the same degree as one that is earned through a personal compromise of some sort.”

So…were both community votes, which resulted in the sacrifice of the 91, our “personal compromise” she foretold?

(Note: I think the fact that she addressed this question points to the iConfidant Meet and Greet, and Registration, NOT being Briarberg. I could be wrong, but receiving that question would have been the perfect time for Joyce to address this and say that this wasn’t an OSDM Pledge: instead she answered and encouraged it.)

Chelsea
        Participant

That is one hell of a paragraph. “…not enjoyed to the same degree as one that is earned through a personal compromise…” – I wonder if “not enjoyed” could mean not as fruitful, as less emotional data would be collected if we didn’t have some hand in it.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@mkarrett, did you get asked those two questions about having lapses in memory or not recalling what you said in a conversation with others?

@daela
      ?

Lauren Bello

I did not get the questions about memory. Perhaps the memory questions were specific to you?

Viewing 34 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar