Phone call from (a very spicy) Joyce…

This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 7 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Kristin
      Participant

I got a caller ID call where I heard two clicks and then it hung up. A few minutes later another call came in and I asked if it was Joyce. She then asked if I was “Cathy” I said no that it was Kristin.. she then began laughing at me stating I must be Cathy because I’ve been Running my mouth and she she should call me Chatty Cathy instead. She Said it’s important to know who I’m dealing with. she stated if I knew who I was dealing with in mason As is a bastard and a cunt. She asked if I really knew about the foundation and that she was excited because of the feeling she gets knowing someone she hates has come forward and now she has the oppertinuty to right a wrong. She said she should be mad at me for talking to him but doesn’t know where my loyalties lie. She said the foundation is full of frustrated people too intillegent to be functional making up illusions as to why they aren’t successful. She asked if I believe in conspiracies… she said she only needed me to do one thing… she said if I value myself or my privacy I cannot mention anything about staff participants or performers or a phone call will be the least of my worries…
      I was too stunned to be able to really respond but I do not do well with threats Joyce… if you were really wanting to threaten me you should have done it in person, darling. ? Right now I don’t trust anyone.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Translation: “JOYCE BETTER FLY OUT TO TEXAS IS SHE MEANS TO THREATEN ME!”

Very curious. This suggests Mason is not part of their plans, but this could be a trap to make us think he’s not with them. I just know he’s been using many leading questions and seems to be harassing Stephanie. This would also suggest that there’s now a new force at play here.

Lauren Bello

she said if I value myself or my privacy…

So she directly threatened to leak your private information. She’s not even being subtle about it.

Jesus, Joyce.

Kristin
      Participant

I mean she obviously wants/has information on me… she knew exactly where I was. I want to know what she wants. I don’t trust her nor mason.

Kevin
      Participant

So OSDM is aware of Briarberg and they’ve been waiting for them to come out of the shadows. It also implies that they’ve known about each other for some time, but the OSDM couldn’t do anything until now.

So what exactly made Briarberg come forward now and put themselves at more risk?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@kevin Very good question. They made their presence known on the day of the eclipse, and we know the OSDM likes to do big ceremonies / rituals corresponding with celestial events (as we know from the New Moon tape). Is it possible the OSDM did something that day that forced Briarberg out of the woodwork?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Drew Huntley
      Participant

All this comes off oddly like disgruntled ex employees trying to burn the place they were fired from. I don’t know why I’m getting that impression from Joyce’s language when referring to Briarberg.

This at least now confirmation that -berg naming does not mean the two are intertwined.
      Unless this is a whole firm that has defected from OSDM.

Lia
      Participant

I guess I’m glad that @masons72 is, essentially, who he says he is. The fact that he ruffles @joycecarlberg’s feathers is interesting too. This, more than anything else, proves to me that he’s not bullshitting us. She’s been decidedly unimpressed by most of our little round-robin conversations on here, but Mason really pisses her off. Him and people who associate with him, that is.

#themoreyoujoyce

Kristin
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants yup she very much so hates him with a passion. she sounded super snarky and then very pissed and threatening.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

All this comes off oddly like disgruntled ex employees trying to burn the place they were fired from.

Yes, @wintermute, there’s something very interesting here. Yesterday, I was wondering if Briarberg and HCDI weren’t working together, due to the similarity in approach. But your call, @creepsociety, reminds me a LOT of the Joyce that @mike, @coryphella, and myself saw the night of the Midnight Commission reveal. Somebody that was pissed because of a sense of betrayal.

-Briarberg’s questions have been fishing around in a way that seems very familiar. Collecting data while pretending they’re trying to investigate those collecting data.

-Meanwhile, we have Stephen Hyden getting very upset with @larry about Mason contacting her. So upset that she’s saying it feels out of character for DLB, and she’s wondering if it’s “not theater” at all.

Broadly speaking, we’ve all been operating under the basic assumption that we are taking part in an Experience spearheaded by OSDM, created (at least in part or as cover) by TPTB, and funded by The Investors.

What if Briarberg is not part of that circle at all. What if they are a true, outside organization — one that may be familiar with OSDM tactics because they were once part of it or connected with it, but have their own agenda?

A group that would essentially be using the trust we have towards TENSION and LUST — “trust” being a word we’ve used a lot here — to sneak in under our collective radar, while we all assume they’re part of the same “safe” immersive theater show we’ve been taking part in.

For a former cast member like Stephanie, the “immersive theater” aspect would have included Tension and all of its lore: OSDM, BOS, Addison, Tom Barrow; all of it. For something to feel like it wasn’t immersive theater any longer for her, would infer that it was something new — something not part of last year’s mythology.

I’m spitballing here BIG TIME… but the more we learn, the more sinister Mason and Briarberg are sounding.

Cristen
      Participant

Maybe Joyce is just pissed that Mason is doing the “creep people out with mined data and invasive questions” better than she can?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anyone else getting impotent rage flashbacks of Gatekeeper 3?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Let me follow this up with a call to the risk management firm I mentioned. In short, they say that there are “absolutely” firms just like OSDM. THEY themselves are all about data, to use in risk assessment and management. He asked if I watched this last season of HOMELAND, which I just finished and (SPOILERS), “there are social media boiler rooms everywhere. That wasn’t exaggeration. It’s all about data and manipulation of the data”.

Yes, a community like ours might attract interest because this is as close to live simulation as one can get. It’s unwieldy in a lot of ways, but given the effectiveness it seems to have on people, it offers a lot of upside.

Yes, some “Briarberg Foundation” could exist. There are tens of thousands of shell companies within shells. “You know this. You think a firm that hires contractors to do an extraction is going to have a website? Hey! Here we are. We crunch data, formulate risk scenarios, and use South African commandos to support rebels in the Congo.”

“No, I suppose they wouldn’t.”

So if this Foundation is real, it’s just cover for cover for cover for cover, one of which somewhere may have a public face.

“What do you mean, if this Foundation is real?”

“You asked if it could be. Yes, it could be.”

“Then what the hell am I or my friends supposed to do?”

“Maybe next time remember the first lesson of risk management.”

“Don’t make me say it”

“You obviously need a reminder”

“Manage risk before taking risk”

“So outside of hiring us, which you can’t afford…”

“Look, just give me a percentage of dying in this theater-non-theater thing”

“Greater than zero, less than a hundred”

“Greater than zero!!!????”

“Everything has risk, Larry. Try not to die though. It took months to vet candidates for your job”.

I’m sure this makes everyone feel better. I’ll be over here, under my desk in crash position

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar