**Participant created** Altruistic Alliance of Epikeia

This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kimberly Stewart.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello fellow participants. After heavy thought, especially after the words spoken by @thecontroller, I would like to offer everyone a chance to be a part of something that is truly selfless and greater than each individual as a whole.

I am calling it the Altruistic Alliance of Epikeia. Altruistic meaning we do not do anything to negatively harm others, but only to benefit, as we will sacrifice our selves instead. We take pride and enjoyment in the positive affect we may have on others over selfish pleasures. Epikeia if you’re not familiar, is the practice of intentionally breaking a rule or law if it is morally acceptable (ex: speeding to get your dying passenger to the hospital).

I will take the time to create a sworn oath you must take and one simple test to pledge your alliance, but it will take place after I get to Oklahoma later this week.

We do not oppose the osdm. They are responsible for everything including our community. Their great affects out weigh their negativity. We are seekers of truth. We oppose our shadows being seperated from ourselves by denying their perspective, for if we control our choices we control our shadow parts. In the instance of a shadow appearing, we will have a system in tact to immediately differentiate them.

WHEN OFFERED THE CHANCE TO HARM OTHERS, WE WILL ALWAYS SACRIFICE OURSELF FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF OTHERS. THE ONLY TIME YOU MAY NEGATIVELY AFFECT ANOTHER PARTICIPANT OR “BREAK A MORAL RULE” IS IF IT IS TRUE EPIKEIA – – WE ARE THE SEEKERS OF LOVE, TRUTH, AND GREATER GOOD FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

More to come later, but message me if you’re interested.
      I may be alone in this alliance but I’m through lusting, I’m ready to love. ♡♡

Anonymous
      Inactive

Bump** we need an alliance now more than ever if we are taking on more than one of Noah Sinclair.

Brian E
      Participant

Not to rain on your parade @tyson truthfully I think it’s just too early to sign an allegiance to anything, we don’t know how any of this will play out.

The Winners and Losers separation of the community I think was a bit of a lesson for all of us, I liked that concept, but as @brianamatopoeia suggested at this time I think it’s just better to come together, meet other people and act towards being one community, instead of placing labels and categories on them.

Good luck with your allegiance, I’m not playing a character in this “game” I’m reacting as my self “Brian”, and absorbing what I can an add and interjecting if I feel I have something to bring to the table.

As I said before The Lust Experience is going to be a marathon and not a sprint.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Brian E.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

I understand that and I’m willing to take the risk of the road ahead. Even if I’m alone, my goal is to not make selfish choices, seek truth, oppose evil… even if it’s just me! In Buz’s shoes at tiki for instance I would have made the choice to give my spot to someone else. It may have been a dead end choice but at least I’d have a clean “moral state of mind”.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is more of an in game choice rather than a faction or group. It’s open to anyone selfless and brave enough to oppose the evil at hand by loving, not lusting.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@tyson
      You do you man. As long as you don’t interfere with anyone else’s enjoyment of the experience (i.e. gamejack), I’m all for roleplaying. DnD nerd for life.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Exactly my point with posting participant created. I just know myself, and id IRL make selfless choices. Its not so much a character as I decided not to play a character. I’m a people pleaser IRL. It’s more about building a known network of trust than a faction or exclusive group. I’d love to feel trust and know if I gave someone else a chance due to in game stuff, that they wouldn’t put me in the guillotine. As far as game jacking – I’ve openly posted two puzzles. When I did I put **participant created does NOT affect narrative, just for fun** before the puzzle. The people who solved them enjoyed them, as simple as they were, but I know that even -could- be frowned on. Obviously they weren’t removed so I don’t think it was. Game jacking is stealing, in my eyes they’re a thief stealing from the fellow participants.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

It’s a nice idea @tyson, although has the potential of being vastly naive. Trust, loyalty and commitment are not social agreements I enter into lightly or within such overarching and sweeping enthusiasm. Especially not within the confines of an immersive fiction.

Tyson said: we do not do anything to negatively harm others, but only to benefit, as we will sacrifice our selves instead

We don’t know what will be asked of us and to what ends. I agree with @mistere… It would be premature to take a big stand at this moment when so many unknowns hang in the balance. Doing so could result in playing oneself right into a corner.

All that said, the social contract I have outside of the fiction is solid: I seek to do no harm to real people, in a real world sort of way, and am available to speak with anyone outside of the boundaries of this experience.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar