Otis Hangout 4/27/17

Tagged: 

This topic has 39 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Russell.

• Author
       Mike
      Participant

Hey guys, Otis and I have been chatting a bit since we met and always had talked about meeting up to grab coffee and/or a slice of pizza. We were chatting a bit this week and this afternoon we are going to meet up. He’s also mentioned grabbing coffee with a couple of other people so @mkarrett, @rizzzoooooo, and I will be meeting up with him.

I’m sure most of you know, the poor guy lost his job recently, but he has an interview today and we are going to meet up after that. I’m not sure if we’ll talk about work or the courage to speak to the woman he met or our dogs or just trying to put him in better spirits, but whatever happens, we’ll be sure to share what we can. If he’s up for it and has time, we’ll show him what Periscope is 😉

Anonymous
      Inactive

Awesome! Hope his interview goes well.

Also hope he doesn’t die before coffee.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@mike This makes my heart warm! I’m glad he has an interview and has agreed to meet with you guys! I’m eager to hear all about it and will keep an eye out for your periscope 😉

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Nice! What time are you guys meeting?

Anonymous
      Inactive

So glad he has an interview! Was so sad to hear about his other job. Hope you guys have an amazing time!

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@nothenrygale sometime in the afternoon!

Maxwell R
      Participant

I can’t wait to hear more about this guy, he seems like such a sweetheart. Almost too nice.

Sage
      Participant

This is awesome! If you get a chance can you ask him about Janice P Roberts (chicken lady)? I’ve spoken with her briefly and when I asked her how she knew Otis she said it was a “long story”.

Anonymous
      Inactive

So cool to hear! Otis is a good man.

Lia
      Participant

This is so cool. Can’t wait to hear more!

Lia
      Participant

A Dionne Warwick fan, huh?

Otis’ song

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wow, he is the sweetest expletive deleted.

Lenize
      Participant

Is it just me or does Otis seem like a truly genuinely nice person. A big part of me wishes he is not part of the whole Lust experience, I can only imagine the heartbreak they can cause w.r.t. him.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Otis is seriously the sweetest, and after some advice/support, he pulled the trigger and called his lady friend!

Megan
      Participant

YES!!! GO OTIS!!

Maranda
      Participant

Good for him!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

YAY!!! Does this mean you had your meeting with him? Or was this on Facebook? @rizzzoooooo

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@nothenrygale
      Yepp! We had pie with him, @mike did a little periscope while we were with him

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Link to @mike’s periscope?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant
       Maranda
      Participant

Looked under “replay viewers” and who should show up but out very own Sinclair Industries, with two hearts to boot!

Meghan Mayhem
        Participant

@izryn

Looked under “replay viewers” and who should show up but out very own Sinclair Industries, with two hearts to boot!

Welp.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Thanks @rizzzoooooo!

OTIS IS WONDERFUL!!!

So we all agree that song he sang will probably be posted to the Lust FB tonight right?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

He’s just too sweet to deserve whatever will happen to him :'(

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@rizzzoooooo So is Otis our Darryl? If Otis dies we riot? (Walking Dead fans understand)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Time to circle around Otis and protect him from the literal clutches of Buzzy Choke-Choke…

thehazelverse
      Participant
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Where’d you guys go? Republic of Pie??

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

House of pies boi

Maxwell R
      Participant

Still convinced Otis is future @mike

Anonymous
      Inactive

@moustachemax Honestly that is the theory that makes the most sense.

Megan
      Participant

@moustachemax @thebuz – I haven’t heard this theory – can you explain?

Candace
      Participant

Omg just watched the periscope ????? he is the sweetest ??????

Maxwell R
      Participant

@thebuz right?!

@coryphella
      Here’s the theory I put out awhile ago. It was quickly buried by the bullshit press release. https://thelustexperience.com/forums/topic/actual-future-humansbody-snatchers/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Maxwell R.
       Mike
      Participant

Otis being the future me…hmm….I mean, the man does have a sweet tooth like I do!

So I just got home and wanted to try and write up something real quick about everything.

He had a job interview and met @mkarrett, @rizzzoooooo, and myself (holy crap, all our names start with M. M&Ms are my favorite. FUTURE MIKE CONFIRMED) at House of Pies. Melissa and I got there and he was already waiting inside, so we grabbed a table while we were waiting for Rizzo.

Once we sat down, he started getting to know Melissa a bit more (no, not like that). It was really just a “getting to know you” conversation and once Rizzo got there, same thing with him (What do you do for work? How’s school going? etc).

He ordered a coffee and a slice of strawberry cream pie. He told us about the interview he just had and how he didn’t get the job because it was for a care taking job and the hiring manager wanted someone young and good looking. We tried to keep his spirits up with support and gave him a few websites to check out for jobs like Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc. He also told us a bit about his past like past jobs he’s had (drove a limo, tended bar) and about studying in college (at Syracuse).

Eventually we got onto the subject of significant others and asked Rizzo and Melissa if they had one and that’s how Janice got brought up. @sfire8 – it’s confirmed that she IS the woman he met and is super into and he met her at a sports rehab place due to his knee and her back. Know when you see like 1000 cute puppies and you say that it’s so cute it makes you sick? Well Otis’ nervousness was so cute it was sick. He was like most of us were when we’re into someone and have to make that first phone call. He also said he looks like an older Michelle Pfeiffer, so that is really understandable. We told him we’d be his support system and to just do it, that he’d never know if he didn’t ask, and other inspirational things like that. At that point, he’s like…”OK! I’m going to do it!” So he pulled out his phone, pulled out her number, and called her. She didn’t answer unfortunately, but left a really sweet and endearing message asking her out for a slice of pizza 🙂 He said he’d call her back and that he wanted to actually talk to her. So fingers crossed!! We were Otis’ wingmen and wingwoman!

After that, I Periscoped him showing him all the support he has and he was genuinely moved by all the comments and support. Then we talked for a few more minutes and left.

I think that’s everything….Rizzo and Melissa, please jump in with anything else

Melissa
      Participant

Ya pretty much covered it @mike!

Otis is a nice guy! I sincerely hope Janice takes up on the pizza offer. 🙂

thehazelverse
      Participant

What a wonderful exchange. Happy you guys got some good quality friend time. Friends are so important.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

OTIS GOT A DAAAAAAATE!

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Russell
      Participant

@mkarrett, @rizzzoooooo, @mike What a wonderful meet up. Thank you guys for sharing, glad it felt like such a warm and supportive conversation.

(I still think Otis will become a mentor of some kind to @mike… just not sure for what, yet.)

Oh… and thank you for the Periscope!!!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Russell.
Viewing 38 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar