Otis….

This topic has 133 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Blondie.

• Author
       Andrew K
      Participant

So, if Otis is indeed an in-game character, then I have some thoughts…

– is he simply a distraction set up by the OSDM?
      – will we be made to make some sort of moral choice regarding him to progress? They set up this sweet, infallible old man we all love. What if we’re made to kill him or something down the line?
      – who is taking all these photos of him? They’re definitely not selfies.
      -i find it interesting his Dogs name is Hamlet. The base themes of Hamlet being deceit, the meaning of life (to be or not to be,) madness as a distraction and revenge….

Discuss!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Oh yeah, the pug’s name is not a coincidence at all. You hit the nail on the head there, it deals with themes we’re all going to have to likely handle in the coming months.

Maranda
      Participant

(I’ve made the decision not to add Otis, as it wouldn’t be true to me. I’d be doing it just for the sake of potential interaction and that doesn’t feel quite right, like I’m playing into the OSDM’s hands or something. I’m responding while not having seen any of his posts directly.)

Like @anakindrew says, Hamlet’s journey is all about revenge. Very fitting given the nature of lust and relationships that we’re seeing with Noah and Sarah… might this be a hint at what we could be asked to decide in the future?

I’m thinking Otis is being set up as the friend that @coryphella and @kingkill33 were promised. Didn’t Otis recently get a cat too?

Haley Wilde
      Participant

When I first heard of Otis, I didn’t realize he was an in game character and just thought that Mike was overly trusting of strangers haha. But now that he is a character, I’m pretty nervous- He’s just way too lovable and it’s going to break my heart if anything bad happens to him. And yes, every time he posts on Facebook my first thought is who is taking these pictures? It’s very suspicious. Interesting point with the pug’s name, it’s such a cute name that I overlooked the themes behind it. Definitely nerve-wracking when you begin thinking about the theories around Darren and Chris and then put those into Hamlet context…

Kevin
      Participant

@haleywilde I don’t think we’ve had any confirmation whether he’s actually in-game at this point.

Haley Wilde
        Participant

@kevin hmmmm… interesting. I guess I just assumed- a very dangerous thing to do in this game. In that case, I agree with @mistere that we all have to be careful what we say so that we don’t freak out this poor old guy if he is in fact just someone Mike had met.

Brian E
      Participant

It’s entirely possible Otis is just a guy, that met @mike so be wary of what you say to him and how. We don’t know if he’s an in game character or a real guy at this time. Although he doesn’t like pineapple pizza so who knows.. ….

@seandecker
      You’re facebook post on Otis’s wall about how to avoid a cult was too funny…

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

It’s also fairly sus that with the interactions and updates, he’s seemingly learned a bit about Facebook, and yet he doesn’t have a single non-LUST participant friend yet.

Chris
      Participant

Otis may be an unwitting innocent ensnared in the web of the OSDM, but I don’t understand the reluctance in deeming him in-game. He was in the space the focus group took place in, specifically befriended the one participant Sarah kicked out for no apparent reason, drove him to a Carl’s Jr. Noah Sinclaire just happened to be passing by, and enagages daily with 70+ Lust participants who inexplicably friended him on Facebook. What does the poor guy have to do to be included, appear in a Sabrina Kern Instagram video saying Glory Be?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Chris.
       Haley Wilde
      Participant

yeah, the pictures are what have me assuming he’s in-game. They’re just all the same with someone taking them. You’d think that whoever’s taking his photos would at least add him on facebook!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Haley Wilde.
       Candace
      Participant

This forum is obsessed with pugs and all of a sudden Otis posts a pug photo? SUS!!!

Tom Hite
      Participant

Of names, it seems, the meaning goes quite deep;
      a pug named Hamlet can’t unnoticed go.
      Shakespearean themes are mounting up so steep
      that o’er the edge we’re oft inclined to go…

Our Noah and his Sarah we know well
      (or is it *her* from whom *he* draws his breath?);
      Ambition’s road – a path that leads to hell –
      they follow Lord and Lady of MacBeth.

This world’s a stage – but what role do we play?
      Is this a game prewritten by the Bard?
      Conclusions drawn are better held at bay,
      and patience really is its own reward.

Though “never silent” may our motto be;
      Let not conjecture cause our calumny…

Taylor Winters
      Participant

I’m enjoying Otis’s posts, but it’s going to take more than pictures of a sweet old man with cute animals to get me to feel something. I’d need a genuine connection, a good conversation, or something deeper.

Megan
      Participant

Otis has a cat named Utah, he’s had her for 15 years. And it’s absolutely zero coincidence that Otis told this to me in chat. Or that he met @mike when he did. Or that when I posted the thread about how Otis had only friended five people, suddenly Otis friended everyone. Otis is IG. And the cat is doomed.

Megan
      Participant

@taysavestheday – perhaps you need a cat.

Melissa
      Participant

I’ve noticed that Otis has the same black shirt in all of his photos:

here, here, here, and here

After a bit of eye-squinting and internet search, I found the shirt origin. The shirt is actually from here. So, this backs up that he’s from Buffalo or at least has been there. Please note this is an observation and please for the love of Anoch don’t call this business and harass them.

Lia
      Participant

His posts are becoming increasingly disturbing to me. Especially his picture from this morning. He looks terrified. It’s possible that Otis is just a creature of habit and that this black t-shirt gets the job done day after day after day.

…Or maybe something else is going on and these pictures are just feigning normality. I’m certainly guilty of painting a more exciting picture of my life on social media, and maybe Otis is too. Maybe someone else is doing that for him. What are we not seeing?

Candace
      Participant

@taysavestheday I feel you on that. At first I was super emotional about Otis and so excited to talk to him and hear his real life stories but the less he says the less real he is to me and now I just see him as a DISTRACTION. someone is using him as bait.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@taysavestheday @pandace88 getting META here. But didn’t tension (and real life) establish the fact that social media in general is a huge distraction?

Candace
      Participant

@tyson yes!! Good point

Anonymous
      Inactive

Otis seems like a really sweet guy and I don’t want to make any false accusations. This is just a thought. I’m sure many of us lock down our fb profiles to some extent towards non-friends, but did we restrict his access to what he can see about us once he friended us? Would anyone else feel violated if we found out that Otis was somehow being used to get access to more of our social media and digital footprint?

Ok, I repent. That was a really shitty thing to say.

Blondie
      Participant

So he has a friend called Dorthy. 31 from South Dakota… Seems new to Facebook. So many thoughts…

Mike
      Participant

Coincidence on the name? Look who gained New Sight last year in the March newsletter

Blondie
      Participant

@mike Amazing! She doesn’t look in her early 30s, but then neither do I so…

Anonymous
      Inactive

ANOCH, NOT EVEN ONCE.

Lia
      Participant

Woof her Facebook is all over the place. Lives in Pasadena? Born in 1985?! Judging by that picture @mike she must be quite the smoker.

Are Eileen and Leslie names we’ve heard before?

Sean

Excellent find, @mike. Otis had a friend of his set up his Facebook just recently. Perhaps Dorthy (Dorothy?) had the same, thus the new-ness and the (possibly wrong) birthday?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

According to this site, Dorothy’s profile picture is of a double rainbow over a place called “Garden of the Gods” in Colorado.

The other picture is of South Dakota State University in Brookings, South Dakota.

Andrew K
      Participant

@lilmsfancpantsc – good catch on the shirt. What if Otis is simply and AI- one that’s been created specifically to garner affection from the community?

If they can create Noah- someone who is “strong” “rich” “Powerful” etc- someone we all strive to be in some way, what’s to say they haven’t created an AI specifically designed to replicate someone who we are naturally inclined to like?

I think using him to gather info on all of us would be the perfect way to do so. Who would ever suspect a sweet old man of any devious doings?

Andrew K
      Participant

Also, just pointing out that of Otis was not an In-Game character, I’m pretty sure the creators would have let us know by now, especially given recent events. Like @thegilded said in an earlier thread on “how to play the game” – we’re not meant to disturb people outside of the game unless they’re apart of it. Just my two cents on it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Andrew K.
       Jackie
      Participant

@prufrock5150
      Poem out of nowhere! *clap clap clap*

Sean

@anakindrew brings up a good point but something to remember going forward is that They will not be confirming things in the positive, only stepping in to stop things when they get out of hand.

They will not tell me things like whether or not Otis is in game. So far, all that we’ve done is been exceptionally kind to an elderly gentleman new to Facebook. If Otis isn’t “In”, they won’t stop that, as there is no reason to. If someone crosses any lines, that’s when I am tapped to do things.

For now, we have no confirmation either way. Just be nice to the man, just in case. But also watch. Just in case.

Lia
      Participant

@anakindrew Agreed. Otis is here to manipulate us for sure. He’s so far removed from the cutthroat corporate world of Sinclair Industries. He’s puppies and pizza and who can say no to him?

@mkarrett
      is the one who noticed the t-shirt in every picture, actually. Just giving credit!

Jackie
      Participant

I see Otis like how I see cute animals in horror movies. It’s a set up to make you feel, then to take it away from you, to make the emotional low, lower. I still feel that way. I also I appreciate the observation of that by befriending him on facebook, gives them access to us who are active now.

How many people befriended the Lust facebook, but have fallen away?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Jackie.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Jackie.
       Nicole Mae
      Participant

So I guess the question is – who, if anyone. is going to ‘cross the line’ with Otis to confirm if he’s in-game? I happen to agree with Team OtisIsADistraction, but there’s still the possibility he’s just a sweet, old, pizza & pug-loving man. *snorts*

Megan
      Participant

I really don’t understand why there’s a debate as to whether or not Otis is in-game, but…ok.

As promised elsewhere, here is Otis & his cat Utah.

Lia
      Participant

@coryphella I’m on board. I’m team Otis now, lol.

Megan
      Participant

Like I said…if we’re going for “destroying Megan’s heart,” that cat doesn’t stand a chance.

thehazelverse
      Participant

RE: OTIS ALWAYS WEARING THE SAME SHIRT

If this is still a relevant “discovery,” I have a couple thoughts.

I’m not convinced OTIS is IG… thought it seems the odds are stacked. This new observation has me REALLY thinking on it…

Unless Big O really just doesn’t have a huge wardrobe, these photos were all probably taken at the same time (a la photo shoot) with the intention of having a lapsed release. WHICH, if true, points to this being staged (and IG).

If that’s the case… there’s still a chance that this is OOG… Maybe Otis just really likes that shirt.

Megan
      Participant

OK so hang on, let me get this straight.

@mike
      – Mike Fontaine that we and TPTB know WELL – gets kicked out of an event AT THE SAME TIME that Otis just happens to be hanging around downstairs and strikes up a conversation with him. Not one of the newer people – they didn’t get kicked out. Mike. Why Mike? Because Mike would know to have this conversation and not, say, stab the guy in the face like I might. Mike has a whole conversation, gets a milkshake, and sets up the guy’s FB account. Last I checked in the friendliest, in-your-face states in this country this is NOT a daily occurrence.

Then, EVERYONE on the forums rushes to friend request Otis. But Otis only friends five of us back. And the SECOND that I post on the forums that hey, Otis only friended five of us back…with a couple of hours, Otis friends EVERYONE back.

Otis has no other Facebook friends – not his next door neighbor Pam, who he considers a “good friend” and talks to on a regular basis?

Yeah. Totally OOG.

thehazelverse
      Participant

It’s an old guy. Who else is he gunna fb??? Other old guys that don’t know how to use FB?

Megan
      Participant

Damn, well…SCIENCE.

Mike
      Participant

@coryphella – I want to believe!

thehazelverse
      Participant

A word from @thecontroller

Careful connecting dots just because they are easy to connect. This too is dangerous.

Megan
      Participant

Those are 14 words.

thehazelverse
      Participant

For your future reference

sfnj

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by thehazelverse.
       Megan
      Participant
       M.
      Participant

Ok.. I think we’re getting off track here and getting personal.

It’s ludicrous to think Otis is OOG. Everything @coryphella has said plus the fact that the first people he friended on FB were @bcbishop, @mike, @electrichippo, @thebuz, and @coryphella. Those five are important players in the game and Otis just happened to friend those five? That was a careful selection of people. All those five have influence. They’ve all had some kind of relationship with The Creators. There is no way choosing those five were coincidence.

My theory… Otis is the one who will break your hearts because he’s going to end up not being a nice old man but a cold-blooded killer and tyrant. lol

Kevin
      Participant

@hazelverse His beard/facial hair hasn’t seemed to change much either, aside from the picture that Mike took. That, and the shirt, would support the idea that these were all taken on the same day. If they were all taken on the same day and are being slowly doled out, we should probably be wondering where Otis is.

And I really do hope he’s IG because otherwise I just spent way too much time analyzing a random guy’s facial hair.

Megan
      Participant

Those five are important players in the game and Otis just happened to friend those five? That was a careful selection of people. All those five have influence. They’ve all had some kind of relationship with The Creators.

I…whoa, whoah…let’s say four and then Megan, ok?

Did I mention I fell off a ladder and really want some painkillers?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Megan.
       Mike
      Participant

@michelle – I hope Otis is like an ex Navy Seal that stomps fools out. He and I can reign supreme and then walk our pugs, eat pizza, and find his woman!

Megan
      Participant

Also Travis looked at my conversation with Otis last night and was like “you do realize you’re going to see the inside of that cat, right?”

M.
      Participant

@mike aw… a happily ever after!

Mike
      Participant

@coryphella – I like Travis more and more each time you mention things he says

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@coryphella A good day turns into a great one when fuckin’ magnets get involved. Thank you for reminding me of that video’s existence.

Megan
      Participant

Anytime you’re faced with a situation where it’s appropriate to be like “fuckin’ magnets, how do they work?” you have to use it. 😉

Megan
      Participant

@mike – Travis was the one who pointed out that obviously you were chosen to “randomly” meet up with Otis because you would know what to do and would be nice and stable and play a scene, “…as opposed to my wife, who would stab any strange man who comes within ten feet of her.”

thehazelverse
      Participant

Those in charge are infamous for making something out of nothing. This could just very well be a great opportunity for a red herring.

I feel like a lot of people are trying to bate him into an interaction which makes the narrative that much more convoluted. Personally, I am waiting for the confirmation. Until there’s more than circumstantial evidence, I’m not wasting my time wading through an old guys fb, potentially creeping him out or setting him up for some sever attention withdrawal.

Think about it: if this guy IS being used as an OOG device, he’s going to feel like such a loser when all of you stop caring about him cold turkey (I know not everyone would as attachment is invariably going to happen). I don’t want to start a relationship I can’t keep up with- especially if I have ulterior motives. That’s just not me.

But to each their own _path.

Megan
      Participant

Also, @mike, you should see him make fun of all of us.

Mike
      Participant

@coryphella – Except it wasn’t a “scene” 😛 #otisisreal

Russell
      Participant

Otis may the be the most “real” person on Facebook.

Russell
      Participant

Also, @mike

I hope Otis is like an ex Navy Seal that stomps fools out. He and I can reign supreme and then walk our pugs, eat pizza, and find his woman!

I WOULD PAY TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

“I CAME HERE TO EAT PIZZA AND STOMP FOOLS. AND I’M ALL OUT OF PIZZA.”

Mike
      Participant

@nothenrygale said

“I CAME HERE TO EAT PIZZA AND STOMP FOOLS. AND I’M ALL OUT OF PIZZA.”

Now if that isn’t gold for @theladyj and her art, I don’t know what is

Anonymous
      Inactive

@coryphella An anagram of Tacitus is catsuit.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@ziegenbart Well things just took a sexy twist.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well, I was thinking more of cat suit, but a catsuit made of cats . . .

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@ziegenbart Well that’s a much less sexy twist.

Jackie
      Participant

@nothenrygale Or more sexy, depending what you’re into.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am with @hazelverse with regards to whether or not Otis is IG. I did add him on FB after prompting from a couple of people. However, I personally have not had the time to really interact with him. As someone who tends to just be a passive observer, which I know will not get me anywhere in this entire experience, I prefer to wait and see whether or not Otis is truly IG or not. I don’t like theorizing until I actually have something tangible to work with.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So I just got a FB friend request from someone named Sabrina Rodirguez. She shows up as Otis being our only mutual friend. Normally I’d just ignore the request if I didn’t know them and we only had one mutual friend, especially if the mutual friend is only an acquaintance.

Did anyone else get added by this person?

Jackie
      Participant
       Jackie
      Participant
       Mike
      Participant

YESSSSS @theladyj

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

Things that frustrate Otis:

“disingenuous people.
      mean spirited people.
      i think the world is what we make it and i don’t have time for negative nancy’s”

That’s nice.

Things that frustrate me:

People who don’t reply to messages or eventually do but cut out mid-sentence without saying bye.

If Otis calls me for help, he shouldn’t be surprised when I just don’t have the energy or time to answer.

thehazelverse
      Participant

That doesn’t sound entitled at all…

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

@hazelverse: It takes 5 seconds to type the words “Must go, have a nice day.” It’s called good manners and consideration. I will always give another these courtesies, but when I don’t get it, I will stop giving it.

Sage
        Participant

@electrichippo, well, he doesn’t reply to any of my messages at all so… I’m kinda with you on this one.

thehazelverse
      Participant

I guess I wasn’t there so I can’t say… just saying how it came across.

In general, I don’t look at not getting a message back as a slight.

It would be different if I was talking to someone in person and they just decided to walk away mid sentence… but people that aren’t in jr high have other priorities. Maybe he had something come up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Come on guys, don’t make me work on my first day. Cool it with the mud slings.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

That’s right @hazelverse, you weren’t there. I have always given you the benefit of the doubt. It isn’t returned. Noted and moving along.

@sfire8
      It’s a tricky business. I tend to give people in this universe a wide berth when it comes to interaction. I understand and respect the logistics of things. Still, some things just push the line of my frustrations and I am not afraid to say me piece.

Another tick in the “Otis in-game” column: Not 2 minutes after I hit reply on my forum comment, Otis magically replied to me. This is vastly out of character from my personal experience with him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@theladyj oh wow, that’s amazing!! Thank you ?

Megan
      Participant

@ziegenbart – you are treading on seriously thin ice here. SERIOUSLY.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So @ziegenbart, basically you propose Otis will turn into the Cruella DeVille of cats?

Megan
      Participant

The problem isn’t Otis, currently. The problem is @ziegenbart for thinking it and saying it.

Megan
      Participant

I actually had a really sweet chat with Otis last night, which was awesome because right now my life is kind of a shitpile of pre-tenure related stress and this show and falling off a ladder. We chatted about his lady friend who is NOT Pam, that’s the woman who is taking all these photos of him and also his next door neighbor and very good friend. He is trying to work up the courage to talk to the lady friend…I forgot to ask her name, if we talk again I’ll ask then. He said that he met her when he twisted his knee, and she helped him “untwist it.” And he gave me permission to share the kitty photo and said “Let’s make Utah famous!” Which was why I shared it last night.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@nothenrygale now don’t be putting words in my mouth. ? I simply discovered an anagram that was loosely in line thematically with an existing thread.

thehazelverse
      Participant

I wasn’t trying to antagonize you Kim. I was just making an observation.

Brian E
      Participant

@theladyj You have the best posts! Keep them coming, always amusing and fun for the whole community.

As for Otis, he’s either a character in game or a nice older gentleman who made a bunch of new friends. I do what I can to be respectful and I’ve chatted with him a bit casually. If you want to interact with Otis, I found he’s around in the morning and a bit in the afternoon.

We chatted a bit about pizza and mentioned that a pizza party with all his friends would be a fun idea, and if he had time and interest to let us know and we’ll make it happen. So we’ll see what happens if I hear back from him about this I’ll let you all know.

thehazelverse
      Participant

Great idea B! I’m down for that Pizza Partayyyy!

Rebecca Horist
      Participant

Wait… Otis? Never saw a post form him, was it not on Lust Experiences FB or IG? At a complete loss. So who is this character? Someone please fill me in….

I feel like these forums move so fast and everyone already knows each other, so I kinda feel left out of the game with what goes on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey @rhorist,

Check out the character list over on the Lust subreddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheLustExperience/comments/619v2c/character_list/

There are also weekly recaps that have all the info from the goings ons with Lust. Thank @thegilded for the fine work.

Sage
      Participant

In the spirit of Never Silent… Fun Facts: Otis’s favorite film is Lawrence of Arabia, he felt like he was actually in the desert watching it, and his favorite popcorn film is The Maltese Falcon, especially Bogarts handshake after the bluffing.

Russell
      Participant

@sfire8 FUN FACT – some movie theaters reportedly turned up the heat inside their theaters during screenings of Lawrence of Arabia to mess with the audience. (I once worked with an old-time manager of a movie theater that told me that during Doctor Zhivago, he would turn the AC down very low and added coffee and hot chocolate to the menu at his concession stand.)

@rhorist
      I hope you caught up a bit. Specifically to this thread, Otis Fletcher is a man @mike met after being asked to leave the focus group on 4/2/17. You can read much more about that story at this link…

What happened to me after the focus group

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Russell.
         Sage
        Participant

@russell, that is so cool about Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Zhivago. I wish they still did that. I went to see a production of Our Town once in NYC and they fried real bacon on stage at the end and the smell was so exhilarating…and made me appreciate “life”… I never forgot that.

Russell
      Participant

I wanted to share an additional Otis interaction… two days ago I got a delayed response from Otis to a message I had sent him several days earlier. I must say, our short exchange was surprisingly heartfelt.
      My impression is that he is trying to figure out the whole social media / priorities conversation we all probably have wrestled with at times. Facebook is fun and it’s great to connect with friends new and old… but it can also drain you of some energy. He also is becoming aware of the shallowness apparent in some social media.
      He and I talked briefly about priorities and how things that matter to us tend to shift with age. It’s something we both seem to be dealing with currently.

Sage
      Participant

You guys! Janice P. Roberts (Otis’ friend) just accepted my friend request!! Can’t wait to find out more about her chickens…

Andrew K
      Participant

Is Otis a literal metaphor/ representation for the melding of someone with a technology they don’t understand? One that is a double edged sword – something the can be used for great good in ones life, but can also lead to bad things (obsessive tendencies, shallowness,self destructiveness etc)?

To us, social media is a normal part of life. But, to Otis, it is a new And exciting and potentially scary technology.

At one point, all of us felt the same way as Otis does now – unsure of how to use it, how it can affect your life, etc.

Perhaps he is a literal representation of what its like to be introduced to a technology one does not comprehend, and must learn about and use correctly to appreciate it…..

Could this be related to whatever technology is being used to create the AI?

Could we soon be introduced to that technology and be faced with either using it and understanding it to benefit society as a whole in a positive way or having to face those who plan to use it maliciously?

Aby advancement in technology is a double edged sword to some degree…..

Thoughts?

@shankfx22
      @russell @nothenrygale ?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Damn, wasn’t thinking of Otis in that way, but I could absolutely see that. Good observation @kasch!

David R.
      Participant

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but Otis just friended Collin Fletcher, whose profile photo and cover seem recent and are also all-black. Guess he’s not a Trump fan?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by David R..
       Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I noticed Collin *Fletcher* too @druzicka. The other thing that I found curious is his profile photo, if you zoom in, it’s the same type of red color/texture as Lust’s old profile pic.

David R.
      Participant

Ahh, interesting.

Sage
      Participant

It’s pushed down the forum, but “Janice P. Roberts” is also accepting friend requests.

Anonymous
      Inactive

From his FB post… looks like Otis lost his job. 🙁

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

You think iConfidant is hiring?

Maranda
      Participant

Sorry to hear about Otis. @nothenrygale If Stacey is still short-staffed, it’s worth a shot!

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is me watching Otis’ status updates every week. ?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@thebuz Did you just start cutting onions or something? All I know is I pressed play and suddenly my eyes are watering.

Melissa
      Participant

I’M NOT CRYING, YOU’RE CRYING. :*(

Candace
      Participant

?

Andrew K
      Participant

So….anyone else get the very foreboding feeling something very bad is going to happen to Otis by the end of all this? I just can’t imagine this is going to end well for him.

Chloe
      Participant

@anakindrew – Yep. Nothing is sacred or safe in the Tension or Lust world. Not even sweet old men that have adorable pets and take strangers out for milkshakes.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

So…I suppose a congrats is in order for Otis for getting that job he applied for, even if it was just a one off.

Haley Wilde
      Participant

He’s been unusually quiet on Facebook lately… I wonder what he’s up to…

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@haleywilde Hopefully learning how to use the unlock feature on his car doors a little better.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Looks like Otis is alive and just took a totally-not-against-his-will impromptu trip which resulted in his friend having to break into his house to care for his pets. Which is totally a thing that happens when you go on trips of your own free will.

…thanks for the ride, Otis. Hope it was worth it.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Yeah, Otis is not the sort to leave his pets behind. So the question is, where has he been?

Cyrus La Rosa
      Participant

I haven’t been in game long, so please tell me to the stfu if I’m not making any sense.

Assuming that iCompanion wants to create robot versions of us, which obviously we are all opposed to, hopefully. In order to get us board, they would need to change our perspective on robots. How could they do that? Perhaps by releasing a prototype, so realistic and capable of genuine human interaction, that it actually bridges the gap between natural and engineered consciousness. Perhaps the reason Otis is so loveable is because that is his soul purpose. To show us the lighter side of giving into robotics.

Sean

@clarosav759 No. Fuck you. No.

Otis is real.

He has to be.

I NEED THIS

Alyssa
      Participant

@thegilded @clarosav759 his love is real but he is not…

Jackie
      Participant

@thegilded

I’ll show my self out.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

New post:

“Thank you to all my wonderful new amicis. I assure you I am fine like blueberry wine and just keep getting better!”

Two things. 1) I get the feeling this is the sort of post you make when things AREN’T fine and you’re trying to pretend they are. 2) What are “amicis”?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@nothenrygale Amici is Italian for friend.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@kipsie Thanks! Def makes sense.

So…. is Otis back on track? We know his last known whereabouts was with Noah and @meghanmayhem at the warehouse. Noah told her not to get in the car with him. Why? Does that tie in with why he’s now “fine like blueberry wine”? Cause I’ve seen plenty of cases of people pretending to be all amazing on social media while their life falls apart. Might just be past life experiences tinting this post to be something it’s not, but I worry about what’s happened to Otis between then and now.

Cristen
      Participant

The use of “amici” here is cute considering all the Greco-Roman imagery we’ve been seeing related to Lust.

Also worth noting on today’s Lust FB post, it’s the second painting they’ve used from Jacques-Louis David (the former being “Death of Socrates”, this is “Leonidas at Thermopylae,”) David was a supporter of the French Revolution and later Napoleon.
      More importantly, both of these works are iconic images of a man calmly facing his own death.

I love David’s work and used to spend a lot of time at the MET in New York staring at Death of Socrates. Any art history nerds feel free to chime in.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a big question about Otis that we haven’t touched on much.

Who is taking Otis’ pictures??? Any ideas?

Megan
      Participant

Awhile back Otis told me that his friend and neighbor Pam is the one taking the photos.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well that is one mystery finally solved for me. Thank you @coryphella!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So Otis is now talking about having some “worries”. Noah Sinclair related I assume? What has he gotten himself into exactly?

Chloe
      Participant

I really hope those worries aren’t headache helmet related.

Melissa
      Participant

Now I got some money but a couple more worries than I’d like. Aint life suppose to get a little easier at my age?

DO I HAVE TO CUT A BITCH?!

Cara
      Participant

OTIS!!! I’m so relieved to hear from him again. But what are these new “worries,” I wonder?…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Cara.
       Andrew K
      Participant

Lust Facebook page just posted this (a repost of Otis’ facebook status)….what does this mean? Are they going to do something to Otis, or will something be reveled that they’ve already done? I wish they would leave him alone, but I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Andrew K.
       Blondie
      Participant

Bit late to this, but Otis and I discussed this exact outlook on life in a private chat a while ago… I hope things are starting to look up for him. But I feel it’s all gonna go downhill from here… But I’m gonna keep shining it on in his honour…

Viewing 130 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar