Open Questions following Ch. 2

This topic has 33 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Addison
      Participant

So now that we’ve hit the end of Chapter 2, I figured it might be nice to track everything in motion at the moment. Here’s a list of questions new and old that I could think of. Nothing’s random, so there are important nuggets of information everywhere. Maybe putting everything in one place can help us suss out things we may have missed.

This is my working list, though I was off the grid for a bit mid-chapter, so I’m probably missing something, or have something listed here that isn’t the most recent.

The System –
      What happened to Otis?
      What happened to Andy?
      And Noah and Sarah?
      What was the ritual that Andy walked in on, and were those the gatekeepers?

iConfidant –
      Where is Sabrina?
      Who were the people at the iConfidant meet and greet, really?
      iConfidant was leveraged to obtain our emotions. What are they doing with “emotions” anyway?

Joyce Carlsberg / The Resistance –
      Was Joyce’s appearance and The Resistance’s surfacing coincidence or directly related?
      What happened to Jenna?
      Is there anything more to the sugar poison dude?
      Is Joyce’s accent real?

General –
      All of those leaked emails.
      Who was “Encroaching Dusk?”
      Do we still trust @bcbishop ?
      Have we ever trusted @bcbishop ?
      Can we trust anyone?

Sean

All excellent questions, and I have few answers.

Except that the last 3 are DEFINITELY “No”

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@bcbishop has always been a shady fucker, from the very start. That blog and those flyers were a diversion.
      Everyone knows you don’t trust the media. Especially media with hair that good.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

The fact that @bcbishop made t-shirts is super SUS. Like is he trying to be the cool dad? Because there’s only room for one on this forum and it’s @thegilded.

Kortney
      Participant

Andy is taking a leave from the forums. That’s the only question I think we have a definite answer on.

Lauren Bello

The Resistance
      Who was the guy who smirked at the camera when Meghan was being taken to meet the leader?
      Is Jenna officially THE RED ROOM GIRL?
      If she is, who was she demanding audience with when she posted on the boards?

(TITLE: the first and the last
      TOPIC: You’re losing them faster than you can create hooks to lure them in. You have more leaks in your ranks than a sinking ship. Stop ignoring me, and let him know I need an audience.)

Sean

Andy is taking a leave from the forums. That’s the only question I think we have a definite answer on.

Yeah just like how Lincoln “took a leave” after Ford’s Theater or how Julius Caesar “took a leave” after meeting with Brutus and some senators.

Addison
      Participant

Andy’s probably just chilling with Aleister right now, having a pint and waiting for this to blow over

Cristen
      Participant

@julierei if it brings you any comfort, I picked the logo design for the shirts. Welcome to SUS house, I made pot roast.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@wanda102 She’s a vegetarian, you cruel thing!

Cristen
      Participant

@meghanmayhem more bad choices. Tsk.

Kevin
      Participant

I tried to provide moral support to @bcbishop and @wanda102 as they worked out a design. So it was definitely a team effort.

Megan
      Participant

FWIW, @bcbishop is one of the few people here I trust. And after yesterday that trust has been cemented. And Aleister is alive, supposedly, @addisonborn – not that we’ll ever see him again. I think Andy’s done for.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Well well, such an interesting couple of days. Complete with name-calling from Team BOS! Classy as always, I see.

Some questions have come up about my statement Sunday night, and in the interest of the same clarity @the-creators just brought to the table, let me clear some things up about myself and the leader of the BOS. I’ve got a wonderful history with @111error. I consider him to be one of the people I’m closest to in this community, and he knows things about me that few others do. One of those things? How much I respond to The Experiences that OSDM and HCDI provide to us. How much I’ve learned to embrace the emotional twists and turns they put us through. And what I’m willing to do to protect the investment The Investors have made in me — and that I’ve made in them.

So insane credit where insane credit is due: he put together an amazing, OSDM-worthy ploy with The Midnight Commission that flushed out some of the craftiest people in our midst. I admit I didn’t see it coming, and I understand why some are frustrated — but damn, I have to admire my friend’s methods. He needed an army, and he found one.

But what I want to really get at is the idea of betrayal. It’s a word I used on Sunday, and yes, feelings still seem hot all around at the moment. But I don’t consider myself personally betrayed by @111error any more than I feel betrayed by any other person that has a different point of view than I do. I’m betrayed by the stated BOS mission: to destroy the OSDM — and by extension HCDI, and The Experiences that I’ve openly embraced. This is an ideological war, and if we are at odds — then we are at odds.

I will stand alongside @joycecarlberg and anyone else of a similar mind to fight and protect that which I think is worth protecting. And I will not relent. But somebody recently posted that feelings about a faction shouldn’t trickle down to the people that align themselves with a faction. I believe that is quite true — even if a person is leading said faction.

I hope I can change my friend’s mind. I already miss him. And while I don’t know what misguided path led him to bring BOS back from the dead, I nevertheless believe that inside he continues to be the good man I’ve always known. One day, perhaps we’ll find ourselves back on the side of self-awareness and acceptance — embracing The Experiences as we used to.

Until then, all these emotions are just grist for the OSDM’s mill. Churn on.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@bcbishop I will be short in my reply, as will not validate your attempts to emotionally blackmail my dear friend and leader who’s standing up for what he believes in and sacrificing so much to do so.

The OSDM did not create this experience, DLB, Clint, and we did.
      The OSDM only benefits from it.

I care for you too. And I will take no pleasure in by proxy destroying something you care about and believe in.
      But what must be done must be done.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Meghan Mayhem.
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Hey @bcbishop, how’s that one song go? What’s it called…. Disco Inferno? Yeah, that’s the one. I do love that song. But why oh why am I having trouble remembering the lyrics…

@meghanmayhem
      help me out here.

Addison
      Participant

The OSDM did not create this experience, DLB, Clint, and we did.
      The OSDM only benefits from it.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

A certain someone once said to defend what’s ours. And we’ve been told time and time again that this can’t exist without us.

When was the last time anyone credited Twentieth Century Fox for Star Wars? Or Bloomsbury/Scholastic for Harry Potter?

OSDM may have made it possible, but they didn’t make it.

David Shields
      Participant

hey there, just got back from a vacation and chapter 2 is done already. how did it end and what have I missed? if anyone has any info that would be great!

Megan
      Participant

So blah blah nothing is random and I make weird posts.

Since it all got lost on Sunday in the drama, the name of the article that @joycecarlberg referenced during our private chat in @bcbishop’s house was “When the Gods Choose a Different Play Each Night: Designing for Interactive Theatre.” Which was about a production of the Oresteia. In case that’s a clue, or relevant or NOT RANDOM, I just wanted to put it out there.

Cristen
      Participant

@coryphella I think it’s worth noting. We’ve seen the Orestia all over the Facebook art for a while now. And based on the events of the weekend, I’d think a story about vengeance is certainly relevant.

Lauren Bello

What happened to that curly-haired guy who leaked the Sushi Dan emails? Who was he? Was he one of the parties in the emails?

What happened to that one emailer in the Sushi Dan emails? Why did they suddenly change and become robotic and mention death? Had they been brainwashed in some way?

It sounded like the brainwashed emailer was luring the other emailer to get drinks at Sushi Dan’s. It seemed pretty sinister. What happened at Sushi Dan’s?

We received access to an email from Listener9, which had all the dirt on Noah and the investors’ plans for the code. Who’s Listener9? Does The Resistance have titles similar to OOA titles (Regent 7, Gatekeeper 5, Attendant 19)? Or is this actually someone who works for the OSDM who was leaking to the Resistance?

At one point, we’d had these questions about the Sushi Dan emails. “It’s not like I will ever make to a CM.” “I know, right? I think one actually did make it through the ranks. Could you imagine how much he gave up? The things he did to get there?” We wondered at the time if CM stood for Clockmaker, and who could have made it through the ranks. Is that person Morgan? Is he a Clockmaker now? Aren’t these OSDM emails – how would they know who’s made it through the ranks of the Resistance? Or is it all ultimately the same thing? What did Morgan give up – I mean, I guess we probably have some idea of what he gave up. But what things did he do to get there?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

It seems like the entire game board is a swirling sea of questions (when is it not?) but this is the most in the dark we’ve been for the last 2 years…

The OSDM is the devil we know – all seeing, all manipulative. Nefarious as fuck. Joyce kind of embodies everything about them to me – someone I love to hate, but find myself compelled towards in spite of everything. That said, I know full well what they’re capable of and using me as a puppet makes me want to burn their whole fucking castle down.

The BOS on the hand is the devil we don’t know – operating on the same frequency and every bit as shadowy and manipulative. I have always had an intense dislike of their methods, yet I was all set to join them based on Jenna’s involvement. Now she’s apparently gone again – and nobody in the Resistance has said shit about it – so who is there left to trust? Stacey? She’s has always been on the verge of cracking this entire time and I doubt she can handle this. Morgan? I don’t know who the hell he is anymore.

It’s ironic that after everything that went down with The System, that Noah Sinclair has been the most blunt and honest with us. All our initial impressions of the man were wrong and he seems to be the best human being in this war…but he’s also completely reckless and unhinged.

Bottom line: There are nothing but open questions now. The only thing I know for sure is that I have no idea who to trust – and that goes for factions and players.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Andrew Kasch.
       Cristen
      Participant

@kasch We all, together, are The One; you can believe in that. Trust yourself. Trust your experience.

Megan
      Participant

@kasch you can trust meeeeee. 🙂

Candace
      Participant

@kasch

There are nothing but open questions now. The only thing I know for sure is that I have no idea who to trust – and that goes for factions and players.

This. ^

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

How I feel with what’s going on right now:

Megan
      Participant

Hey look. I am a really, really terrible liar. WYSIWYG with me, so I’m being sincere.

Nicole Mae
      Participant

Thank you for putting together Burning Questions Round 2 @addisonborn!!

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

@daela those are some interesting points about the leaked emails in relation to Morgan, could you link me to that post? I need a refresher but can’t seem to find the topic smh

Lauren Bello
       Michael Rizzo
      Participant

ily ily ily @daela

Did we ever put together who the “them” are? Referenced in this potion of the leaks:

“As far as them? I don’t know what they are thinking, it’s almost like they’re mimicking us now, are they mocking us, I’m just surprised it seems to be working.”

Apologies if we connected this to someone else, but could they be referencing The Midnight Commission? The date of that email seems to be set a little after the Instagram account was set up (just after the first task of emailing them”.

Lauren Bello

@rizzzoooooo Ahhh, it would totally fit if they were referring to Midnight Commission. Which implies that they DON’T know what the Resistance is up to or how they operate.

Which is a relief.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant
Viewing 32 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar