Not a "Winners" or "Losers" Club Meetup

This topic has 29 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Briana
      Participant

I’m posting this as it’s own topic to see if there’s any interest.

I’m down for a meetup, but an email from a drunk doesn’t label me or determine my association with a certain group, so I don’t think I’ll be attending any more meet ups that label us as “winners” or “losers” or keep other participants from attending based on their email response, nor do I think we should continue to hold them.

With that in mind, anyone care to toast to Noah and Sarah with a beer (or other beverage that they don’t throw) Wednesday night at The Red Door at 7:00pm?

All would be welcome, including the chosens. I’ve watched the parascope and read the posts, but I’d love to hear in person. If we’ve learned anything today, it’s that perception can be misleading.

Chris
      Participant

@brianamatopoeia, I’m there.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

The Red Door in Toluca Lake? That’s like two minutes from my work! Count me in!

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

I wish I could go. Maybe next time

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Depends on work, but I’m absolutely interested!

Lia
      Participant

@scf272, let’s discuss. I have been known to enjoy pizza and speakeasy-style bars.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would, but I’ll be in Pittsburgh.

Sage
      Participant

Working… Thanks for organizing!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I miiiight be able to make it. It’s super close to my place of residence.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I will be there!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would love to go and meet some people! @brianamatopoeia I can’t believe I haven’t officially met you yet after HYSJ!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

The Red Door is for hipsters. Let’s go to L Street instead.

(Note, this will only make sense to fans of Community)

Kevin
      Participant

@nothenrygale, you’re streets ahead.

Briana
      Participant
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Cristen
      Participant

Darkest Timeline? cruel cruel cruel.

Briana
      Participant

@jared same! It’s so weird, I feel like you’re my brother or something, even tho we’ve actually never met!

Briana
      Participant

@wanda102 omg let’s make darkest timeline beards. Can THAT be the theme for our meet up? Darkest timeline? Just nobody dress as a Human Being or we might attract too much attention. (And also I’ll have nightmares)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes, we are family now @brianamatopoeia!! Looking forward to Wednesday!

Cristen
      Participant

@brianamatopoeia I’ll be at a friends birthday dinner that night so I don’t know if I can make it! But now I really want someone to draw a beard on me so I am predictably devastated.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

*Starts working on a Human Being costume*

Yael
      Participant

i am in!!

Candace
      Participant

10057 Riverside Dr, Toluca Lake, CA 91602

This is the address right? I’ll be there! ?

Jackie
      Participant

Can the next meetup be during the weekend, for us bizarre schedule people? I don’t think anyone else lives in the Inland Empire.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@brianamatopoeia what a lovely invitation! Just have to see how late I get off of work but it sounds fun! Will definitely try to make it.

thehazelverse
      Participant

I love this conversation.

The other day, someone messaged me asking my opinion of the label. I told them that I believed the “loser” tag wasn’t personal because no one actually believed they were one.

As @thecontroller noted earlier, we will all have our time and place in the narrative (if you are actively participating which I think is a huge point people keep missing).

Participation doesn’t mean you have to clog up the boards but does mean making assertive and valuable contributions (which could literally be in any form- from finding clues, helping others solve them, leaving room in the discussion to give others an opportunity to chime in, or just being supportive.)

What I don’t find as a valuable contribution is stirring the pot (trying to manufacture descent), over sharing theory speculation, or any negative vibes. I am SURE I’ve been guilty of all of those things – this is not meant as an attack.

I feel like there are many people that want to participate but just don’t feel they have anything worth saying (and that’s valid- because there are people that don’t have all day to sort through your ramblings but feel like they’d miss out on a narrative beat if they didn’t follow and read everything [*me]).

OBVIOUSLY (and this was touched on in another post), we are supposed to deduce (conjecture) and muse (speculation) as to what is coming next… but we need to start basing our assertions on things that we know exist. The rabbit hole isn’t cute anymore.

THIS BRINGS ME TO MY FUCKING POINT:

@thecontroller
      mentioned that we have no clue what we are in to right now. The words “winner” and “loser” are relative based on the perspective of the speaker (and listener). We shouldn’t attach our personal worth to someone ELSE’s label of us – because we should know ourselves better than anyone else. Rather, just go with it to see where it leads… because we ALL have our place and it can’t be the same one (that would be so “fucking boring”).

Briana
      Participant

@hazelverse so…you’ll come? lol

thehazelverse
      Participant

YES! 🙂 I’m going to bring my consultant. I’ve been trying to get him to look into this for weeks.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Would love to….alas…RUGRATS.

Viewing 28 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar