Noah: The Walking Dead?

This topic has 16 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Andrew Kasch.

• Author
       Tom Hite
      Participant

Given that we now have the useful (and beautiful) resource of Chronicles of the OOA, something struck me about the identity of our mysterious pseudo-stranger, Noah Sinclair. Tracking his history within Tension, we have many questions about his allegiance and motivations, but within this tome there has been a refining of his persona to a single quote, located on page 154: “What? You think I’m still scared? You think I’m scared of you still? I’m already dead, asshole.”

One of the most interesting things about this quote is its utter lack of context. It is surely owed to a failure of memory on my part, but the use of repetition in regards to “still [being] scared” forces a certain focus on the interjection of an object of this fear… “you.” Who is this “you” to which he boldly asserts his provocation? What, exactly, does he mean by the notion of being “already dead?”

There are myriad existential roads down which this question can be travelled, but the first and foremost uncertainty might be resolved by those who have a better recollection than I: does anyone remember this line being said in Ascension, on the forum, during a Periscope, or elsewhere?

Anonymous
      Inactive

It was said during ascension visit 2 when Sabrina had interactions with Samson and Noah. Taylor lead me to this, as I brought it up yesterday. It definitely sounds like a clue, especially considering Sarah told me “sometimes we see someone we think we know, but it’s not them. They just look alike.

Here’s Taylor’s transcript of his 2nd time where the quotes found.

https://www.haunting.net/recollection-tension-experience/

Tom Hite
      Participant

Aha – I couldn’t place it; thank you! I did not encounter this exchange on my path through Ascension.

This reminds me of a certain email exchange that came out toward the end of Ascension, but which I cannot locate – I thought it was on page 51 on the right, but that’s… something else.

Addison
      Participant

Just had a thought – what if Noah is “dead” in that he or the OSDM faked his death? Legally, he’s dead. I think. I’m not sure how that works actually BUT.

They have our data. They know our lives inside and out. They have our photos, fingerprints, DNA, everything – could the “shadows” actually be members of the OSDM that are set to take over our identities?

What if @lilmsfancpants and @bcbishop are actually about to get got and swapped out with OSDMers?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@addisonborn If Noah is Andy Kaufman, I’ll shit a brick. But seriously, I think you have something there. I also think we’re going to see the exact opposite versions (bizarro) of our favorite characters. Pissed off Myles. Sweet and kind Simon who hates cursing?

thehazelverse
      Participant

If that’s the case, I foresee a lot more secrecy.

Nosnevets
      Participant

@shinobi Sampson who invites everyone to parties, talks too much, and over shares? Yet has a terrible singing voice???? I dunno this sounds like a true tell to me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@nosnevets You got me. I’m Samson. Face the fucking wall.

Nosnevets
      Participant

@shinobi only if you sing it to me

Anonymous
      Inactive
       Sean

Whoa whoa whoa.

Talk all the shit you want but Samson sings like a god damn jazz inspired angel.

Nosnevets
      Participant

@thegilded I think you missed the context? @shinobi was saying this time around we’re getting the shadows… that’s whose voice I’m poking fun at. Real Samson has the voice of an angel.

Sean

You’re absolutely right. I read only the one sentence and got offended on his behalf.

I get too filled with righteous indignation too quickly, you see

Nosnevets
      Participant

I know. It’s part of your charm @thegilded I remember our constant head-butting last year that crushed my soul and you were indifferent too…jk… not really…haha

Anonymous
      Inactive

Group hug?

Tom Hite
      Participant

It almost seems as if there’s a certain letting go that Noah was forced to do. I recall in a certain email exchange that was leaked by Bob Jones’ wife, there was an upset within the ranks: Michelle was refusing to follow orders, Samson was chiding her for her alleged failure, and data was “compromised.” Noah’s position in the OSDM is uncertain, to be sure. Is he an unwitting pawn in a larger game? Is he a rogue agent attempting to attract us with The System (TM) in the hopes of using his influence to wage war against them? Is his “death” just the awareness that it is useless to fight an overwhelming force of the all-knowing, all-seeing panopticon of the OSDM, and that fear is just an artifact of the belief that any of us ever had control over anything in the first place?

Is he a renegade who helped give Michelle the courage to rebel against OSDM? Have we been assuming things wrong from the beginning?

View post on imgur.com

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Everyone answers to someone. Even the biggest leaders we’ve met in our journey had people behind them pulling strings.

I think those who preached rebellion and burned down the OOA are simply trading one system of control for another.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar