Noah, Sarah, and other Biblical names (theory building)

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by thehazelverse.

• Author
       Addison
      Participant

Another theory/jumping off point for the pile – I was thinking about Noah and Sarah Sinclair, their biblical names and the invitation to sin, and if there were any stories I could remember from 4th grade Sunday School (I don’t remember anything from 4th grade sunday school). Typing this up in between meetings – apologies for the typos and loose ends, just trying to get this down while it’s fresh. No my Xbox hasn’t started talking to me yet, just please bear with me..

SO: I dug into the story of Noah, and cherry picked a few beats that I found interesting, and IMO it kinda hints at whatever Noah represents being a splinter from the OSDM, and connects him directly to Egypt.

According to the Old Testament Bible, Noah was a man of God, at 600 years old he built the ark, saved the animals and repopulated the Earth after the flood. The flood consisted of 40 days of constant rain. Then 150 days of floating around before landing on a mountain and sending out a raven. The raven flew around endlessly until the water dried up, when it presumably landed and started eating decaying things that died in the flood as ravens apparently do. Then he released a dove, which couldn’t find anywhere to land and returned to the ark. 7 days later, he released it again, and it returned with an olive leaf. After another 7 days, the dove finds a place to land and does not return, signaling a dry earth.

40 days out from last night = May 1st, the date noahsinclair.com says live training resumes.

All the animals exit the ark in a single file line, he and his wife (see sub note 1) begin repopulating, and have three sons Shem, Ham and Japheth. In Genesis ch 9, Noah settles down and has a vineyard. He eventually ends up getting drunk on his product, and passes out naked in his tent (apparently that was looked down upon back then). Ham sees this (also looked down upon I guess) and tells his brothers (which was apparently the MOST looked down upon), who go in to cover their father (not looked down upon). Noah curses Ham’s son Canaan, wishes blessings upon Shem and Japeth, and then lives another 350 years before dying at 950 years old.

Later on, Ham has a son named Egypt. And Egypt is is referred to biblically as “the land of Ham.”

According to @lilmsfancpants ‘s Periscope, Noah had been drinking, and seemed to plan on continuing to drink last night. Know that’s not out of the ordinary, but seems like an interesting though faint parallel.

—-

I also checked out Sarah, and saw what could be dug up there. Since we don’t know much about her, this is completely out-there speculation, though so is the rest of this, so…

Sarah was the wife of Abram/Abraham, and the dependent of Shem (yup, one of Noah’s good boys). She gave birth to Ishmael, prophet of God and recipient of the first circumcision. Not sure that’s relevant but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sarah and Abraham also took in three men who turned out to be angels. Due to their hospitality, God then tells them that Sodom and Gomorrah will be destroyed. Abraham bargains with him, asking if he’d spare the city if 50 righteous people were found within, and over time that number dropped to 10. A pair of angels are tasked with investigating, no dice. They stay with a dude named Lot, and this happens in Genesis 19:

“4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.””

Lot says no, offers his virgin daughters, the angels break character and tell him they’re gonna destroy the city, tell him and his fam to flee and not look back or he’d be destroyed too. Shit goes down, Lot’s wife looks back, pillar of salt, etc.

I have no idea how this could match up with Lust right now, other than it started with Sarah, and ended with sex and a blown up city.

sub note 1: Noah’s wife doesn’t have a name, though “according to Jewish tradition her name is Naamah – the sister of Tubal-cain, a descendant of Cain, the son of Adam and Eve” (http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-was-noahs-wifes-name) — Cain murdered his younger brother Abel due to God rejecting Cain’s sacrifice and preferring Abel’s.

Sean

I’m super weak on religious symbolism but Noah meeting with people exactly 40 days and nights before his consultations? That’s WAY too coincidental to not be related.

Mike
      Participant

This is awesome @addisonborn! the 40 days thing has to be more than a coincidence.

Also

repopulated the Earth after the flood

Makes me think/wonder if that’s why he chose a man and a woman to meet with first (together, yet separately). Maybe he needs some help with the whole repopulating thing?

Blondie
      Participant

The 40 days thing is genius @addisonborn – that’s some good thinking right there. Kudos to you! And if you think even more about it, there was 2 of each animal on the ark… Are the Shadows and their originals being chosen to survive this great flood?

KINGKILL33
      Participant

I love theories that involve biblical references @addisonborn. I wouldn’t be surprised if in some capacity this lines up with what we will be exposed to.

Sean

Maybe he needs some help with the whole repopulating thing?

I’m going on record right here and right now that I ain’t fuckin’ none of y’all. I don’t care of the survival of the human race is on the line.

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

Okay, @thegilded is out. But anyone else, I’m just lying here, all bored and lonely-like, with a painting of an old barn “coincidentally” hanging over my bed.

Addison
      Participant

but @thegilded you promised

KINGKILL33
      Participant

Never say never @thegilded ?

Sean

@addisonborn – Come on man hand stuff doesn’t count, you should know that by now.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@thegilded @mike Aaaaaand there’s the sex. LUST!

thehazelverse
      Participant

Sarai was barren. She couldn’t have a child and so they took in Hagar (a slave girl) who bore Abram Ishmael.

When Abram was 99 years old, his god made a covenant with him, telling Abram he would be the father of new nations. Abram and Sarai changed their names to Abraham and Sarah. It represented their new covenant.

One day, there were prophets who told Abraham that Sarah, his first wife, would have a child within a year. She overheard, and laughed. Isaac was born to Sarah when she was 90 and Abraham was 100.

Sarah became wary and paranoid about Hagar and Ishmael. She didn’t want them to take Abrahams “real” son’s inheritance. So Abraham banished them to appease Sarah.

God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac as a test to see if he was worthy of being the Father of new nations. He didn’t tell Isaac what was going on, except that they were going to be making a sacrifice. Along the way, Isaac saw some animals and was like, “Yo, dad, shouldn’t we, like, catch our sacrifice before we get there?” And Abraham was all, “No, God’s got this covered.”

He went so far as putting Isaac on the alter, and right before he was about to kill him, God was like, “PSYCH! I get it. You’re in it to win it.”

Ishmael had twelve sons who became princes of twelve Arabian tribes. The Muslims of today trace their heritage to Abraham through Ishmael.

Isaac had twin sons – Esau and Jacob. Jacob had twelve sons who were the ancestors of the twelve tribes of Israel. The Jews trace their lineage to Abraham through Isaac and Jacob.

Because of their shared heritage with the Jews, Christians also count Abraham as their spiritual father.

——————————————————————————
      (A post on Noah to follow)

Addison
      Participant

anyone looking for full chapters referenced in this theory, @hazelverse posted them here.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Addison.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Keeping with the 40 days.

Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the wilderness. Afterwards he was weak and was tempted by the devil 3 times. The first temptation was to turn stones to bread to feed his hunger. The second was to prove that he was the son of God by throwing himself off of the temple to prove the angels would save him. The final temptation was the promise of material riches if he would just bow down and worship the devil.

But how could the devil make this promise, was the world his to give? What is Noah going to promise us and will it be his to give? It is possible that some of us may choose to bow down to a devil (as some here in the forums have speculated Noah may be, at least metaphorically) only to find that we have been deceived and his promises are all bullshit.

There are also 40 days between the resurrection and ascension of Jesus into heaven, during which he spent time teaching his disciples.

Is this a time of preparation for our upcoming temptations?

Matthew 4:1-10
      4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
      and they will lift you up in their hands,
      so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
      7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

thehazelverse
      Participant

1. 40 days and 40 nights was a colloquial phrase meant to allude to a long or extended period of time. Being thus, this may not be a literal count down.

2. When the christian god banished Lucifer/Satan, he was given power over the world. He is the prince of man.

Ephesians 2
      1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
      2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
      3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling †the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
      4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, ||(by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together pin heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar