New Lust Song 7/21

This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Chris.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

So the Lust facebook page just posted a new song by Sinead O’Conner:

The quote they used with it was “What’s different”

Which was said by @kwanyin in reply to myself asking if there is something obvious we missed before.

Thread here: https://thelustexperience.com/forums/topic/fb-post-721/

So is there something we missed. @joycecarlberg has been pretty up front about the fact that we have a tendency to get lost in the woods counting trees… so what is indeed different?

Here are the song lyrics:

“I Am Stretched On Your Grave”

I am stretched on your grave
      And will lie there forever
      If your hands were in mine
      I’d be sure we’d not sever
      My apple tree my brightness
      It’s time we were together
      For I smell of the earth
      And am worn by the weather
      When my family thinks
      That I’m safe in my bed
      From night until morning
      I am stretched at your head
      Calling out to the air
      With tears hot and wild
      My grief for the girl
      That I loved as a child
      Do you remember
      The night we were lost
      In the shade of the blackthorn
      And the chill of the frost
      Thanks be to Jesus
      We did what was right
      And your maiden head still
      Is your pillar of light
      The priests and the friars
      Approach me in dread
      Because I still love you
      My love and you’re dead
      I still would be your shelter
      Through rain and through storm
      And with you in your cold grave
      I cannot sleep warm
      So I’m stretched on your grave
      And will lie there forever
      If you hands were in mine
      I’d be sure we’d not sever
      My apple tree my brightness
      It’s time we were together
      For I smell of the earth
      And am worn by the weather

Sage
      Participant

Hmmm, pretty dark. Makes me think of who/where is Mama Sinclair?? Is she in the grave?

Sage
      Participant

And why was Andy in the family video? Is he family? He’s certainly different. Like transformed completely.

Shaun
      Participant

Some differences I’ve noticed:
      – We haven’t seen Horace and Noah/Sarah together before this video
      – The same video mentions science and technology backing The System (is this new?)
      – The System will be the first ticketed pop up event
      – The System will be the first tiered event

Sage
      Participant

Or is it more bigger picture stuff?

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

This song could be interpreted as she is ready to accept death in order to be with her love. She shows her unconditional devotion to her lover who is in a grave by staying with him no matter what. She craves to be with him and is willing to accept death for that to happen, as she sees that as being a better option.

So how does this apply? And how does this correlate with something that is different? Has someone devoted themselves fully, accepting death for what is guaranteed to be beyond it?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@sfire8 The topic of Mama Sinclair is one that’s been on my mind and in the background of a few of my theories quite a bit.

When Horace called me and told me about Noah as a child, he mentioned that he didn’t know where Noah got his sentimentality from, but that “maybe he got it from his mother”.
      That comment stuck with me pretty hard.

This is why I often refer to Noah as an “emotional daywalker”. The possibility that his father is all head and his unseen mother is the heart. That the reason Noah has a wild duality to him is because he has the darkness of his father and the light of his mother and he is both…neither… something inbetween. Torn between two halves of who he is and who he wants to be.

Sage
      Participant

Yes, Mama Sinclair is a mystery… Where is she?? Noah must be influenced by her in many ways!

Could Andy have been made different by that ritual?

Chris
      Participant

Whats different? And I also asked about any new characters….
      So maybe we will have a new character coming in? The Mother?

“See the whole picture.” A family portrait maybe? Dont count the trees, look at the forest. Dont worry about individuals, look at the whole… family?

The lyrics are full of meaning, I will write bellow a few things, just as they occur me… Most wont make any sense, but lets play:

“My apple tree my brightness” – apple tree, like in the Paradise tree? The tree of Wisdom and the Apple that gave knowledge – and eternal sin – tho mankind? Again with the reference of light and dark here… And the sins that @buz wrote about here.

“When my family thinks
      That I’m safe in my bed
      From night until morning
      I am stretched at your head” – Someone in the family is doing something behind their backs…. And what with “stretched at your head” and not by your side? weird.

“Thanks be to Jesus
      We did what was right
      And your maiden head still
      Is your pillar of light” – Holly Mary, the main maiden of all? The MOTHER?

“It’s time we were together
      For I smell of the earth
      And am worn by the weather” – for me this whole thing just keep taking me to the snake/ouroboros thing that we were talking here and here. I can go even far ans say that HA!, “In Egyptian iconography, cobras are commonly found on Isis’ headdress”… Like in Isis, the mother Godness of Egypt. But that is just me still thinking about other topics, sorry.

Chris
      Participant

LOL, I´m going a little crazy here and thinking about the whole family/bigger picture thing, the whole RA/Horus/Set Ancient Egypt thing, the Sun/Son, and I´m starting to think that instead of Anoch, this time they will try to rise dear Mommy form the dead, rs. (Laughs nervously while tipping).

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@meghanmayhem Excellllllent insight. Hesse’s book “Narcissus & Goldman” is about this duality. The monk Narcissus is the manifestation of the masculine, the logic, and reason. Goldman arrives at the monastery as a young man, the product of a cheating spouse. Narcissus recognizes the boy as being a product of the moon, the night, the feminine energy, and helps him escape the monastery to find his way in life, which he does.

Roppi
      Participant

It doesn’t have to be a literal death, I think. There are many ways for a person to die, other than physically. Something different while connected to the song could also be referring to someone changing in a drastic way, but seemingly being the same person we thought they were?

Cristen
      Participant

@pineapple I like that way of seeing it. We’ve been seeing many themes of rebirth and shedding of former selves. Embracing the Shadow self, changing into those Future Humans Sarah had the article about so many months ago. Maybe not death, then, but evolution.

Kevin
      Participant

I think in the broad strokes almost everything is different. We’re aware of The Resistance now and who’s leading it. The System is actually up and running and holding a seminar. Noah’s personality seems to have shifted to be more reflective of what’s on the website, but that could just be on video and because he knows he’s being watched by Horace. Horace has been confirmed as being tied to The Investors and The System (and the OSDM?). Andy has been changed, presumably by The System. Though I do wonder whether The System in this case is an actual self-help seminar or (mixing and matching with @sfire8’s idea a bit) the ritual that he walked in on. Thanks to the email that went out, we know who’s in charge of the various factions in play right now.

If there is something else different that we missed, it looks like we’re in some needle in a haystack territory and I’m not even sure which haystack to begin looking through. Or we just don’t have the information to realize something has changed yet.

Chris
      Participant

So the song is actually a Celtic poem from the 17th-century… About a man who lost the woman he loved, who died a virgin. The priests come to him – in some of the translations concerned, in others pretty mad – because he cant move on from his grieve…

We all thought about the mother right away, but I woke up today with that story about Horace killing Noah’s puppy and sayin (to @meghanmayhem, over the phone) that maybe they would let him keep Sarah a little longer… And that he couldnt let go of the dirty “toys” even when they gave him new ones.

And so if instead of the mother and everything, this whole thing is about someone Noah loved and it had, you know, the same fate of the puppy? What if this whole thing now is about Noah taking control… To what? Revenge? I dont know, crazy thought that crossed my mind this morning. (And also, the keys on the logos around here always seemed celtic to me, but I think I will get to that in a topic about the logos elements, maybe).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Chris.
Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar