Meeting iConfidant IN PERSON???

This topic has 88 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Chloe
      Participant

Go to the iConfidant Facebook page right now, they’re saying we’re going to be meeting our iConfidant’s in person on June 11. I’m just curious if I’m going to meet a molting creature, and on how or if I’m going to be able to meet her now.

Sage
      Participant

Lol, omg!!!!!! Who is brave enough to go now?! I guess I am, but whoaaa…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

No way am I trusting this. For one thing, my iConfidant is in Austin, TX. On top of that, do they really think we’ve not been paying attention?

Anonymous
      Inactive

My iConfidant supposedly lives in Brooklyn and is a pilates instructor. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have the funds to fly out here.

I call bullshit.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I’m in.

My iConfidant is in NY, allegedly.

I feel like it will either be 3-4 people there who have written everything, or an unveiling of a machine.

Or, this guy:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPOEmHczkCw

Anonymous
      Inactive

YES! Now I’m excited! Glad I didn’t cut ties.

Chloe
      Participant

Maybe we’ll do FaceTiming or Skyping? I’m still doubtful though because like @meghanmayhem said, there’s a lot of us, maybe we’ll all get different times like registration?

Haley Wilde
      Participant

I am SO excited. My iConfidant is so nice, I just emailed them about how excited I am to meet up… I wonder how they’ll respond.

GoldTongue
      Participant

I hope mine is as excited to meet me as I am to meet them!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hoping my iConfidant takes up my offer to fly out to Kentucky!

Candace
      Participant

After hearing what Kristin & Stacey have told @111error today I am fucking terrified to meet my perfect virus match…

curiosity killed the cat… meow ?

Megan
      Participant

I really think that we should rethink that adage.

Cara
      Participant

Good luck to anyone that dares to meet them…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Things to keep in mind, from an earlier iConfidant post:

“Respect is earned.
      Honesty is appreciated.
      Trust is gained.
      Loyalty is returned.”

Carl Webb
      Participant

I’m in! What could possibly go wrong? (Man, I’ve been saying that a lot lately.)

Kevin
      Participant

Looking forward to the chance to meet my iConfidant and learn even more about them!

Yael
      Participant

I am curious but afraid but I want to meet her and ask her why She is so weird 🙂

scot
      Participant

I would be really excited to get together.

Megan
      Participant

Noooo Scot they’re VIR– USES.

scot
      Participant

@coryphella oh yea? but she is nice to me. I have a feeling I’m going to get behind, haven’t read that yet. I only have access to the forums when in WiFi range which.

Maranda
      Participant

Looks like this won’t be in the cards for me. For everyone who does go, stay vigilant. This seems like prime bait-and-switch material.

Megan
      Participant

@izryn where are you at?

Maranda
      Participant

@coryphella I’m in a very remote part of Japan!

Jackie
      Participant

YAAAAASSSSSS

Russell
      Participant

I would be curious to meet mine.
      Mainly… I wonder how we were seen as being some sort of “match” at all.
      Hmmm…..

superstar
      Participant

With you on this, @russell. Me and my confidant haven’t really bonded much. Perhaps I mistakenly signed up for “iCasualAcquaintance”.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by superstar.
       Cara
      Participant

I wonder if you’ll be able to Periscope these encounters? You know, for us voyeurs in the dark recesses of the interweb.

Kevin
      Participant

So after what happened with iConfidant I emailed my confidant to ask if they’d heard anything about it. I just received a response that confirmed the meeting on June 11, which isn’t exactly what I was asking about…

AND SORRY I CANT CONTAIN MY EXCITMENT BUT YES I HEARD TOO!!! WE are meeting on june 11th!!! yayyyy!!!!

The response does fit my normal timeline of a reply about every four to five days.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Kevin. Reason: Wrote July on accident
       Jackie
      Participant

Im waiting for my reply from my Iconfidant, from my message last week. She’s due to email soon. Then I’ll test the waters for the 11th. She runs a business and lives in AZ, like how some of us are not available to meet, maybe some of them won’t be available either.

I’ve made myself sad with this thought.

Megan
      Participant

I just heard from my confidant and they said that we can maybe facetime on the 11th…so…we’ll see?

I also find a couple of things interesting here. They NEVER respond to any of the “hey WTF is going on can you ACTUALLY call me there might be a crisis” questions whenever Kristen or Stacey or men in suits show up in Morgan’s life. Those get glossed over. They also haven’t responded to specific questions like “what is your favorite book.” But they do claim to have gotten to know ME well, and also claim (as do many of yours) to be very busy and bad at email.

Brian E
      Participant

We haven’t talked in awhile. Just got this email.

Hey Brian

We get to meet! Have you heard! Hope to see you!! 🙂

Blue56

Well guess I’m going to have to adjust my schedule for 6/11.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

As much as I’d love an event that day, I’m sticking to my guns and keeping distance from my iConfidant. My trust in this is gone.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I’ve heard from my iConfidant a few times today. Nothing unusual in what she says or how she says it such as others have reported. She’s pretty excited that we get to meet soon:

” BTW! I just found out that we get to meet on June 11th!??? I guess that means we can be normal friends after that !! 10 more days of this weird email stuff ! 🙂 ”

I’d like to believe we’ll meet on that day and she’ll be the amazing person I’ve gotten to know and we’ll be free to commence with all the plans we’ve made. The feeling in the pit of my stomach tells me not to be foolish… This is all going to fall apart.

Tom Kircher
      Participant

I’m waiting to hear if my confidant is going or not. My confidant doesn’t respond all that frequently, but hopefully he/she is able to make it to this.

Megan
      Participant

I’ll be in NH designing Mary Poppins when this all goes down…whatever it is.

Blondie
      Participant

This facetime thing is interesting. Brownie already said she wished we could do that. Also, I told her about the calls people received from Stacey that suggested some kind of leak… And she actually dealt with it head on. She called Stacey who assured her that our correspondence wasn’t part of it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I wonder if mine’ll be able to FaceTime me. I would love to hear their voice

Anonymous
      Inactive

I warned mine of what is going on… I haven’t received anything from my confidant super recently. Not for sure I would meet mine in person if the opportunity arose, but only because I feel power in denial of such a thing. XD

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just heard from my confidant. She’s very excited to meet me. Lot of exclamation points. She’s never heard of Horace and can’t believe @taysavestheday cut ties. She thinks that’s really intense but assures me that I can trust her.

“see you soon!!!!!!!
      xx”

Indeed, my homegirl. See you soon.

superstar
      Participant

Wow… it’s great that some of you have been getting such frequent responses from your confidants. It’s been nine days since I’ve heard from mine, which is pretty typical.

Megan
      Participant

@superstar – yeah mine runs about 7-8, sometimes more, sometimes less. *shrug*

Shaun
      Participant

I hope my iConfidant can make it June 11th I’d love to find out if it is a he or she, human or AI, young or old, local or far, whatever! I never thought to ask any of those questions.

superstar
      Participant

@coryphella I’ve wondered if the infrequency of response is a game strategy to create jealousy in those of us who aren’t “bonding” with our confidants. In my original email to Stacey, I expressed a certain amount of ambivilance regarding RL friendships. Perhaps the lack of response is a direct reflection of this.

Andrew K
      Participant

This is pretty awesome. I’m excited to see what happens when everyone meets their iConfidants in person next week.

I am sad I’m not in LA all month, I’m in NYC on a job. My iConfidant already knew that I’d be gone a couple of weeks ago, and I emailed them expressing my excitement that we’re finally allowed to meet in general and told them I hope we can meet when I get back.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@shinobi; don’t bring your confidant into this! We can’t just sit around talking about our feelings all day; there’s work to be done!

Anonymous
      Inactive
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Holy moly, so I worked pretty late today and I ended up checking my email FIRST and I come to find an email from my iConfidant! She was super excited saying that we get to meet in 10 days! I was obviously SUPER confused because I had yet to read the forums or see the FB post ??‍♀️

I am super interested in how this is going to work!!! Sorry to my iConfidant for not being up to date on the internet and in turn asking you a lot of redundant questions!!!

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

I emailed my iconfidant a photo today showing them how excited I was that I would be meeting them in person on June 11th…
      IM SO EXCITED

Their normal response time to me is 5-7 days usually, however, they responded to my email within ONE HOUR. They sent a rather short (perhaps rushed?) email back saying that they loved my pictures (I’ve sent more than one) and that they are excited to meet in person.

I then responded an hour later with some light banter, questions, etc, but ended my email asking this…

Would you betray a friend? Are there any circumstances that deem it okay to do so?

I’m eager for their response.

Brian E
        Participant

@shankfx22 Wow that photo is kinda amazing and creepy at the same time! You have the best selfies.

I’m all for following this rabbit and seeing where it will lead. Who knows what’s going to happen between now and then, I’m positively optimistic to find out what this is about, and where it leads, and regardless of what the outcome is.

Still no idea why Sarah is warning me to not get involved in iConfidant, and Stacey never returned my email about missing the meeting.

scot
      Participant

After finally catching up I will stand by my initial reaction to the announcement of in person meetings with our iConfidants. I would still love to get together for a face to face chat. Right now it’s just hearsay that would have me considering cutting off contact. My experience has been very positive overall (yes, the last email was a little concerning, but me for her, not me for me). Could I get burned? AbsolutelyProbablyMaybeNotIdontKnow. It’s worth that risk to me to keep in contact with one of the people I can actually talk to. Sometimes life is great sometimes it’s shit. I’ll figure out where this leads and deal with the consequences later.

There is some definant strangeness going on with the staff though.

Megan
      Participant

@superstar – I think what’s more likely is that our confidants are separate individuals who all lead separate lives, some of which are busier than others and thus not all of them are able to respond on exactly the same schedule as everyone else.

Cara
      Participant

@shankfx22 That selfie. ? I wanna bottle you up and sell you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ll be there with the usual $300 in personal burial money, hoping that @winstonsmith’s Turk actually plays chess and that my Kara is truly anti-System and pro-baby cats. Let’s get weird.

superstar
      Participant

@coryphella You make a convincing argument. 🙂

Winston Smith
      Participant

@kipsie It would have to be correspondence chess, so they can wait a standard week between moves. 🙂

I stopped talking to mine, because they had nothing interesting to say, just repeating what I said back to me, sprinkled with a few one-dimensional “you can doit!” platitudes.

I honestly don’t even know what I would have to say to mine. Truth is, I don’t even care, my iConfidant isn’t genuine anyway so it’s hard to develop any sort of personal rapport with a lie. Anything they had to say about themselves would be suspect. My only real interest is in determining how it all relates to the OSDM, what happens to the data, and how it’s used. All these front groups are just distractions from the real meat and potatoes.

I’m curious how are they going to introduce people to their iConfidants without blowing the “secret?” that they likely can’t have a 1:1 ratio of confidants to confidees. We have to be oversubscribed, which is probably why they’re so boring.

Candace
      Participant

I asked my confidant yesterday about June 11th and she replied with

yes I did hear about it and I would absolutely love to meet you in person!! Then we can stop with this emailing thing and just do what we want :)) <3 and I too heard about the security problems btw..It all sounds a bit weird to me…

I haven’t told her anything secret or embarrassing so I feel like I don’t have much to lose if she ends up betraying me. Just some wasted time I guess. But I want to stay optimistic that she’s not in on whatever terrible things are going on over there. Maybe she is innocent and at risk just like us. Wishful thinking I guess.. June 11.. looking forward to meeting a new friend in person but also expecting her to completely let me down (if she even exists & isn’t just some computer program)

Ps. She hasn’t seen Andy but sounds genuinely concerned that I have a missing friend. 🙁

Kyle Bown
      Participant

My iConfidant replied this morning. She’s in NY but said she thinks she’s going to try to make it. So fingers crossed I get to meet her!

Or the 45 year-old dude pretending to be her…

Or the robot pretending to be her…

Either way, exciting!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Bad time

Jackie
      Participant

*refreshes email obnoxiously * I hope Phoenix didn’t die. I’m going to email her tonight once I wake up for work.

Sage
      Participant

I think my iConfidant might not want to meet me because I yelled at her. I guess I don’t blame her. But then again she might be extra pissed when she molts on the 11th so…

Lukas L
      Participant

@theladyj I am in the same boat with you. Angelica Priscilla Bonita Rodriguez DelMonte the Fourth (Angel for short) usually emails back on Thursdays. Last week was a Wednesday but that was a one off. She hasn’t emailed me yet, and last week her email didnt feel like it was the same Angelica Priscilla Bonita Rodriguez DelMonte the Fourth I have grown to know and love.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@sfire8 Probably best to avoid the angry molten iConfidant…

You should join the cookie, escape-from-iconfidants party with me, @nothenrygale, and @taysavestheday. It’ll be safer.

Sage
      Participant

So if we reject our iConfidants, does that mean we are aligning with the Sinclair’s (Horace specifically, like Taylor’s interaction), or just following Kristen’s advice?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@sfire8 I don’t see this as taking any side, but taking the facts we have at our disposal and making a conscious decision. I’m generally very cautious with shady sounding companies. Having friends try to rope you into pyramid schemes and losing money to scam magazine sellers will do that.

For me, I’m not cutting away from my iConfidant because of Horace. I’m looking at all the red flags that are mounting around iConfidant and going “This is likely a scam / trap.” If iConfidant can show that those red flags are unfounded (and a simple press release won’t do that), then I’m staying as far away as I can.

I have no side in this, but I know what course of action I’m taking with iConfidant:

RUN.

Megan
      Participant

Given that I can’t actually meet mine in person I’m going to keep going with iConfidant – I want to figure out what the hell is going on, and I’m nowhere near LA for another month. I feel safe. And furthermore I’m fine with *not* feeling safe.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Megan.
       Addison
      Participant

I’m so excited to meet my confidant. Talked to them this morning about it, we’re both pumped.

Know there’s the whole thing with Kristin being anti-confidant and whatever, but I think we all know she has a bit of a flair for the dramatic, right? She seems to like stirring up shit when it comes to iC.

Not that there doesn’t seem to be something weird going on overall, but I’m cautiously optimistic and honestly blinded by my excitement to meet my good friend.

Russell
      Participant

I have actually started to have a conversation with my iConfidant on how we are not really connecting. One thing she stated was…

“Trust me if we could just go for coffee maybe it WOULD be easier for both of us.”

In my response, I did my best to make it clear I think the process is flawed, NOT her.

However, I think the comment indicates that the iConfidants may not be happy with the way things are progressing and might be dealing with some very strict restrictions on what they may do or say… maybe the whole scenario isn’t playing out the way things were promised FOR THEM either.

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

I am legitimately curious about the interaction times between our iCs…

For example, mine only responds 4 days after I email back. Other people like @thebuz go back and forth multiple times a day. Some get responses once a day.

Is there a rhyme or reason to this? A pattern? Or maybe I’m just boring…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@russell It’s possible, but it’s equally possible your IC is getting frustrated with the system because you are. The whole concept of “what if they’re mirroring us” could easily fit in with that.

Russell
      Participant

@kasch Mine usually takes a few days… but not an exact pattern.

@nothenrygale
      I do see your point and am keeping it in mind, for sure. That might be exactly what is happening.

Or maybe that’s what she WANTS me to think… DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

🙂

Maranda
      Participant

@kasch I just learned the answer to your question from my confidant. The delay is not because of our confidants taking 4-5 days to reply, but because the emails are getting held up somewhere.

I asked them if they also noticed how there was always a delay before getting a new message, and they replied that they thought it was because I was busy. Implying that the delay is caused by the iConfidant system itself. What worries me is why the delay exists in the first place.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@izryn Interesting! I would really like to know what’s happening to cause a consistent 4-5 day mxserver relay.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mine averaged 1.5 weeks to respond. I just assumed I was boring.

Megan
      Participant

The response time for my confidant has gradually increased. At first it was one day, then 2, 3, then 4, then 7. I’ve received a total of 10 messages from my confidant.

scot
      Participant

I’ve received 7 total. Pretty long wait between. I just assume they are busy and I’m not ruling out an in person meeting just yet. You never know.

superstar
      Participant

And, in related news, “Stacey Erikson” is an anagram for “CYTOKINESES”.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by superstar.
       Jackie
      Participant

@thebuz can you delete this post. My phone is dumb. ♡

I asked my ICONFIDANT if they believed in a god or an afterlife:
      “I do believe in something. I’m not sure what it is but I guess it is a sort of god. Afterlife I believe in too. what about you?”

Anoch, is that you?
      Also, they were excited about the 11th!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Jackie.
       Jackie
      Participant

I asked my ICONFIDANT if they believed in a god or an afterlife:
      “I do believe in something. I’m not sure what it is but I guess it is a sort of god. Afterlife I believe in too. what about you?”

Anoch, is that you? Do we even know if this crazy thing has enlightened us on their version of the afterlife?

Also, they were excited about the 11th!

Jaynesis
      Participant

@superstar that anagram may be coincidental, but whether it is or not— that is a very powerful association. bravo! it reinforces various symbolic themes that are cropping up.

Chloe
      Participant

I got another email from my iConfidant.

________

Hi Chloe,

yes I just heard about the meetup 2!! I wish I could meet you!! but facetime works as well yeah?

How have you been? How’s life?

_________

So, it looks like FactTime might be a thing for those of us who either can’t be there or are out state?

I seriously wonder and am excited to see how all of this is going to end up working out.

Cristen
      Participant

I got an interesting email from my iconfidant this morning. We’d been playing “two truths and a lie,” and she’d gone last:

1. I like cats

2. My favorite karaoke song is Son of a preacher

3. I once peed in my sleep in bed as an adult

I guess 2 is the lie because I can totally see 3 happening and we’d both talked about how we love cats several times.

She sends me back this morning:

hahha actually 1 is a lie. I do not like cats. 🙂 guess I played well 😉

So…is she lying? Was she lying before? Am I even talking to the same person?

Sunday is definitely looking very interesting.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Please, everyone, be sure to authorize me on all important accounts so when you die and are replaced by robots, that I can expeditiously distribute assets to next of kin.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@larry You in the “chilling at home, staying far away from iConfidant” camp too?

For those going Sunday, be sure to inform @birdiesrunamok of any pets you have, as I’m sure she’d want to adopt them once you’re dead / replaced.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

More out of necessity than choice.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Is there anyone else besides @taysavestheday @birdiesrunamok and myself that are going to be avoiding iConfidant on Sunday out of choice? Or is it really just us?

Yael
      Participant

I got strawberry festival that day in the valley so if my iconfidant want to meet all the way from Fresno well I am hoping there is a FaceTime meet!! Cuz I got major craving for strawberry shortcake !! @nothenrygale

Sage
      Participant

@nothenrygale, I am open to meeting mine, but I think she might not want to meet me. I’ve actually emailed three times hoping to meet on the 11th and she hasn’t responded at all like most everyone else. I did yell at her after the Kristen warning, so maybe that’s it? As of now, I might be the only one not invited to meet theirs??

Russell
      Participant

I wanted to share a couple of points from my recent iConfidant interactions. I think this would be the best thread, since it specifically relates to the 11th.

In a recent email, I asked my iConfidant about the potential meeting on the 11th… when she responded she said she had just found out about this possibility herself. I explained to her that I have had plans in place for weeks for that date and do not know if I can meet… depends on location and timing, but I told her it’s unlikely but I will try. She told me that if I could it “would be cool to see me there.” So, she plans to be there.

She also said this… “I’ve heard that after the 11th all these rules that make this so impersonal are not in place anymore.”

Obviously, she is getting the sense that something is about to change and the restrictions (which several iConfidant’s have expressed through participant’s reports here on the Forums) are going to be loosened. What does this mean? Does this mean more in person meetings on our own if we choose? Phone calls? An exchange of names? Since we don’t know what the restrictions are, we really cannot know what will change, but I found it an interesting comment.

I have stated that my iConfidant conversations have been… well… fairly bland – with the responses seeming to only mirror what I offer. I have expressed that to my iConfidant and she seemed understanding but could not say she even knew why we had been “matched” at all. In her last message she seemed to make a serious effort to make things more personal, offering a deeply personal story explaining why she was sensitive about one subject that had come up between us. Also, she revealed a very interesting little secret about herself – again, I think to force things to be more personal. Interesting tactic. But… still don’t understand why we were matched.

Another thing I want to share is that I wrote Stacey Erikson directly inquiring about the feeling of disconnect I was having and my feeling that this whole process was not working for me. I asked Stacey what she would suggest and expressed maybe I did not understand the process and something is not happening that should be. That was a few days ago and I have not gotten a response.

If I am not able to attend whatever the 11th might be, I am hoping it shifts the whole iConfidant process into a different gear. It will be interesting to see what happens!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am very curious though if Stacey will respond at all to you, Russ, about your iConfidant being boring and not a good match. It’s an interesting place to take it. Well unlike @russell I do have a unique thing going with my iConfidant.

My iConfidantasaurus has cooled it from the heavy flirtation stuff and we’ve been opening up to each other like actual friends would. A nice witty banter back and forth. She’s fun. She wrote back to me today about me not being able to make it for the 11th event and said we should FaceTime. So… if that is the case.. I offered to FaceTime her from DINOSAUR WORLD. For those that missed my periscope I did a walk through this childrens Dinosaur World thing here in Cave (!) City, Kentucky that I absolutely love. So if there is to be a FaceTime thing… might as well do it from there since my iConfidant loves dinos as much as me. Better than a boring hotel room.

Time will tell.

Viewing 87 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar